Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

There seems to be an awful lot of confusion about the time duration of the key codes being given out for participation in the 12 Day Event. Let me be very clear about this: the key codes for the gifts are only good for two hours.

Why? Because Apple prohibits the use of redeem keys, and our iOS players are unable to receive gifts through keys, which is why volunteer players from the Event Committee have been taking time out of their days to log onto special event characters with the gifts to manually trade to the iOS players. I'm sure you all can understand that volunteers should not be expected to spend 24 to 48 hours standing in Ardent City, handing out gifts. Therefore, it seems only fair and reasonable that the key codes should only work for the same amount of time that iOS players are able to receive gifts.

Please do not sent CS tickets expecting to be sent gifts because the key code expired. Please do not send bug reports expecting to be sent gifts because the key codes expired. Please do not privately message Otters on the forums and Discord expecting to be sent gifts because the key codes expired.

Please just understand that we want to be fair to all of our players, and that if you missed out on a key code, you can probably imagine that an iOS player out there somewhere similarly missed out on receiving a gift because they could not be in-game as well.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Thank you all for your understanding.

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
Well, these were a gift as well right? I mean, you went out of you way, informed ppl in advance about the FREE giveaway, so.. as I see it, there was no obligation to do so in the first place. Thank you Sarah for the thought and to those whom missed out? Them's the breaks! It's not like they were a compensation, rather, a thank you for participating. Take care all and have a great new year! :D

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I think that Mad Otter has gone out of its way to try and do something nice for its players.
I think that EC members and a small number of mods have been generous with their time in helping to make this possible.
Sadly, it is not possible to accommodate all players in all things. There will always be some that will miss out, regardless of how much effort goes into the process. This is called Life, and Life is notorious for being unfair.

That said, for those that are unwilling to accept the process for what it is, I have a solution that will be equally fair for everyone and will not even require any effort on the part of the player. All Mad Otter needs do is discontinue giving prizes and rewards. Otters avoid stress. Volunteers get their free time back, and no one player gets anything that another player does not. It is a perfectly "fair" solution in that it is equally unfair to all.

I have not made it to any of the server give-aways and may or may not be able to make it to the US1 party. I'm at peace with that. The only thing I'm missing out on is free pixels, given freely, in a free game. It would be nice to have them, but it is not life nor game-altering if I don't. That's Life for ya, but hey, this isn't life... It's a game. I think sometimes we get so invested in it that we forget what it is. Keep it light. Roll with the punches, Save the angst for the real world and never lose sight of the fact that the only real reason for being here is to have fun. If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I think that Mad Otter has gone out of its way to try and do something nice for its players.
I think that EC members and a small number of mods have been generous with their time in helping to make this possible.
Sadly, it is not possible to accommodate all players in all things. There will always be some that will miss out, regardless of how much effort goes into the process. This is called Life, and Life is notorious for being unfair.

That said, for those that are unwilling to accept the process for what it is, I have a solution that will be equally fair for everyone and will not even require any effort on the part of the player. All Mad Otter needs do is discontinue giving prizes and rewards. Otters avoid stress. Volunteers get their free time back, and no one player gets anything that another player does not. It is a perfectly "fair" solution in that it is equally unfair to all.

I have not made it to any of the server give-aways and may or may not be able to make it to the US1 party. I'm at peace with that. The only thing I'm missing out on is free pixels, given freely, in a free game. It would be nice to have them, but it is not life nor game-altering if I don't. That's Life for ya, but hey, this isn't life... It's a game. I think sometimes we get so invested in it that we forget what it is. Keep it light. Roll with the punches, Save the angst for the real world and never lose sight of the fact that the only real reason for being here is to have fun. If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
That's Layla for y'all, listen to her, she does a lot of smart thinking for ya for free!

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Lol! :D Just for the record; ^That lady up there is one of those "volunteers" that gives an incredible amount of time and effort to the game. Way more than Layla does. I'm only responsible for long posts, snarky comments, and bad puns. We all have our strengths... ;)

Reactions: Panthera and BadgerReborn
  • Hahax1
  • Lovex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Thank you so much for the party and the gifts!

Good will, organized games, free prizes and gifts, a place to play a game we love... these are the things the Otters give us all.

Please understand that all these things are done out of the goodness of their hearts, and with the help of a whole slew of tireless volunteers. They try to make things as fair as possible, they try to reward everyone, but sometimes that's just not possible.

It is deeply hurtful when people complain loudly about it all. My fear is that all the complaints and anger will make them all go away.... including the Event zones!

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
I so agree Rishi! this game is filled with tireless volunteers!! the event committee is only a small part of that, there are also our wonderful game mods, our royal guardians and a whole slew of others. Sarah Otter is another one, she does not have to take her day off to come in to work to host the events, that too is VOLUNTARY, as was Damon hosting the live cast.

Reactions: BadgerReborn and Catori
  • Likex2