Results are only viewable after voting.

V

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
The Rift has 13 bosses and a one-time quest which tasks players with defeating each boss.

Would you like to see the Rift scaled? Please vote yes or no.

I know that there have been alternate suggestions in the past, such as creating a brand new Rift while still retaining the old one. But doing so would increase the amount of work required and make such a change implausible considering the developer's current workload. Based on my recollection, Damon stated in the past that simply scaling an existing zone is a relatively easy process. I do not know whether that still holds true or whether it applies to Rift, but for the purposes of this poll, let's assume it does.

Perhaps it would be possible to convert the one-time quest into a weekly quest as well, but I have left that out of this poll in an effort to keep it as simple and focused as possible.

With that being said, please vote!

BLUEPAWS

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
I like the idea, but how would low level players get there though?

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Axalon/Mini me
Platform
iOS, PC
Rift is already a level 75+ zone.
We know, are talking about scaling, I don't see why it can't be scaled for 75-105 (since they said they want to add a 6th rebirth which I'm assuming means level cap raise)

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I wasn't disagreeing with the scaling idea, I was pointing out lower levels can't reach it as it is.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
I would absolutely LOVE to see the Rift become scaled content for solo players and groups, level 75+. With level-appropriate loot drops and combat experience. 🤩👍

I'd like to see daily quests and a weekly challenge. Maybe the dailies could be completed in groups or solo, but the weekly would be a timed challenge for groups only? 🤔

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I wasn't disagreeing with the scaling idea, I was pointing out lower levels can't reach it as it is.
I don't believe that because an area or activity is scaled means it has to be open to all levels. I have no issue with scaled content that has a minimum entry-level or perhaps some other requirement in order to access it.

In this case, I believe the purpose for having the area scaled is to prevent characters from out-leveling it.
New characters do not really need scaled areas because, up to a point, simply following the quest lines will give them the xp they need to progress. Part of the boredom that sets in when grinding the higher levels is that the number of new areas that open in front of you are much fewer than the number of areas that you out-level. In order to keep going forward, you are reduced to grinding a rather small number of areas. Having scaled areas for higher levels gives players greater variety and more total map area to make use of.

Reactions: Catori, Zaphyra and CaraLox
  • Lovex2
  • Likex1