SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
One thing I was thinking during the livestream when Damon said his favorite boss fight was fanella is that I've never really fought that fight....

By the time I was 80, lvl 90's would carry you through that fight.

The lvl 85 elders were still challenging and you needed some strategy to do them.

But, The fanella fight, the dps just killed all the spiders and went back to boss.

The devs have worked hard to make these fights and have them be interesting, could we get a way to re-use them?

So... my first thought was: always make them scale, but that could get pretty hard for a lot of people.

So, my second thought was: make them scale, but to like 5 levels above the elder if you are above the elder's level (so scale down a lvl 95 to lvl 85 for the lvl 80 elders, or lvl 65 for the lvl 60 elders). This would make it harder and you need to follow the mechanics of the fight, but much easier than fighting "at level". But, that might be harder to implement code-wise and could be "too hard" for some players.

So, my third thought was: make a separate scaled option of these fights. Don't know exactly how you'd set up (maybe have a separate teleport/zone or something), and then have it have xp/gold rewards scaled to your level. Limit 1/day like normal bounties and stuff.

I think a lot of people are yearning for more scaled content where low level and high level players can come together. Some re-used elder fights (minimal new code needed!) scaled to level could be nice and easier/shorter than dungeon group activities.

Anthem

Bog Frog
Platform
PC
We do have the chance to do them at level on rebirth. I think if the server has a strong population we should be able to ask for help with elders from players under level x. So if you want to kill the 75s ask for help from players under level 76 or 80 however you want to try it.
I would not help with elders if I where scaled down. I like to help with others, but don't want to spend much time on elders.

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Some fights (like LP) are challenging even if you are above level by quite a bit I remember my try them when had que
We do have the chance to do them at level on rebirth. I think if the server has a strong population we should be able to ask for help with elders from players under level x. So if you want to kill the 75s ask for help from players under level 76 or 80 however you want to try it.
I would not help with elders if I where scaled down. I like to help with others, but don't want to spend much time on elders.
some elders (like LP) a 75 elder are challenging even if you are above level quite a bit, (I was 79 @time I did him initially) and he was challenging even for the 90's helping me

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
I would love a scaled version of existing Elders, either in a Tower-like format or Dungeon-like one as they are for 95s. Players could earn access to these scaled zones after completing the regular unscaled Elders for Maplecrest. They could be easier than Heroic Dungeons but more challenging than Event Zones, so it'd be a nice introduction to organized group content. There are so many Elder Bosses I'd love to face again such as Karackus and Novacore in a fair match. Their abilities could be spruced up and modernized with the latest mechanics since many of the lower level Elders have rather simple scripts. We have over 60 bosses (including Rift) just laying around! That's so much potential for content. Devs, please consider this!

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
I would love a scaled version of existing Elders, either in a Tower-like format or Dungeon-like one as they are for 95s. Players could earn access to these scaled zones after completing the regular unscaled Elders for Maplecrest. They could be easier than Heroic Dungeons but more challenging than Event Zones, so it'd be a nice introduction to organized group content. There are so many Elder Bosses I'd love to face again such as Karackus and Novacore in a fair match. Their abilities could be spruced up and modernized with the latest mechanics since many of the lower level Elders have rather simple scripts. We have over 60 bosses (including Rift) just laying around! That's so much potential for content. Devs, please consider this!
I like the idea of adding this as optional.

Reactions: Panthera
  • Likex1

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Aeyan, Jenalya
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Karackus with lava flows bubbling around him like Meghrimโ€™s fire? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ”ฅ Spawning lava elementals and volcanic blasts๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ๐Ÿ—ฟ โ˜„๐Ÿ’ฅโ˜„๐Ÿ’ฅโ˜„๐Ÿ’ฅ

Bathechildis taking notes from the 80s and/or leading an Ardent dungeon prison break ๐Ÿฆนโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โœˆ๏ธ

The Banshee Queen ๐Ÿง–๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธand King Minos ๐Ÿฎ have zones ripe for Heroic versions, and even Scamander has some mini-possibility or for waves of Thrush; who doesnโ€™t want more Black Thrush to school? ๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™€๏ธ

Ux or Ladyโ€™s Fate could have a heroic version of Bearhold Crypt with plenty of ghosties ๐Ÿ‘ป and zombies ๐ŸงŸโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸงŸโ€โ™‚๏ธ and liches dug up (literally) ๐Ÿง›๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿง›๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ. Ladyโ€™s Fate spawning skeletons for each hit taken โ˜ ๐Ÿ’€โ˜ 

The sewers could be heroic-ified but I think werecrocosaurs needs to be a thing (not spelosaurs, that is cheating). ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฆ–๐ŸŠ๐Ÿญ

And I donโ€™t thing we can talk heroic-ified without Elkโ€™s Shadow - tales of early players beating that big olโ€™ spider could be revitalized for us newer peeps to experience the horror of that fuschia spidey again ๐Ÿ•ธ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ธ ...and werespiders...duh

...or save the werespiders for a heroic version of Spider City where the cultists had a magical transmogrification accident ๐Ÿ•ธ๐Ÿฆนโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿฆนโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ•ธ whoopsies!

All these heroics...maybe end of game questline opens where magical rupture causes scary buffing of all these baddies, and the Dungeon League ๐Ÿฆธโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿฆธโ€โ™‚๏ธ suddenly becomes massively important and drastically swells in ranks with heroes ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿป flocking to stem the tide of baddy-world-overtaking. With all those fun dungeon-only buffs ๐Ÿงชโš—๐Ÿงด๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ• everyone requests, and lots of new outfits ๐Ÿงโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธand weapon skins ๐Ÿน๐Ÿ๐ŸŽปโš’๐Ÿ”ชโš”, hard to get items like Blight motes etc. Ooh! And Dungy Gear! ๐Ÿคณ๐Ÿ–โœ๐Ÿ“Œ๐Ÿ”โœ‚ The League, propelled by necessity, researches/unearths/magicks new gear to save the day!

Encourages taking a trip down Elder lane...and getting smooshed, flattened, pancaked, smeared on the floor, mopped, drained, and dried...many times ๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿง๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฐ

Reactions: Panthera
  • Hahax1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
A lot of you seem to like scaling! I do not, bc as Anthem already said - there is the time factor. This is an example, and I hate to say it, but I really, really dislike the new Blight zones because they are scaled. You can work all you want on your build, but NEVER feel the reward of being a little better than your enemies. It's slough away at the same (seemingly endless) bounties day after day; It's mind numbing.

I get that these would be special, but I much preferred a post I saw a few months ago that suggested special pop bosses that are announced via system "Gobbstopper has appeared in Goldenvale!" And those battles would be scaled. This kind of scenario is much more appealing to me than scaling a bunch of our elders.

loperamide

Citizen
Platform
iOS, PC
Please leave the Elders alone, unless they are bugged.
I won't suggest reworking the existing Elders. Just make a separate Tower/Dungeon with scaled version of the existing Elders :)

This would be cool if they made it like the rift :) 4 Elder bosses every floor, increasing in difficulty. Then the rewards will be based on the highest elder level killed.

This would be a great repeatable/end game content with minimum effort from the devs.

Edit: I'll improve my suggestion. Maybe not scale the elders but make the lower level elders challenging (Maybe level 60 as the baseline). Scaling everything makes leveling up useless

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
This would be a great repeatable/end game content with minimum effort from the devs.
Yeah, minimum effort add-ons that don't become just "high level comes in and stomps it for you" repeatable stuff is what I'm after!

I think it'd be nice to be scaled so everyone could participate and not just top level people.

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Adventurer
Platform
PC
I won't suggest reworking the existing Elders. Just make a separate Tower/Dungeon with scaled version of the existing Elders :)

This would be cool if they made it like the rift :) 4 Elder bosses every floor, increasing in difficulty. Then the rewards will be based on the highest elder level killed.

Edit: I'll improve my suggestion. Maybe not scale the elders but make the lower level elders challenging (Maybe level 60 as the baseline). Scaling everything makes leveling up useless
Making another version of elders will divide the players available to help and will be confusing. If we must have scaled bosses at least make them unique. I am also worried that this will turn into another dungeon fiasco. Honestly, do we need more variations of combat content?

Reactions: Myst and Joleen
  • Likex1
  • Lovex1

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Lucas Dragonheart, Lucas Pheonixfire
Platform
iOS, PC
For Elder Towers, I think it's a great idea, but there should be random Elders spawning of level 30 and above, as I think the ones below look really weak, especially the lvl 10s. There should be a setting that lets you receive announcements when the Elders spawn. And the Elders should be level scaled.

Kitty the Hunter

Adventurer
Platform
PC
How about Fae towers or Boar towers? Or if not mobs then perhaps some of the evil, lesser known villains we face in quests. Anything that is not already associated with a significant part of the game that is vital to leveling up and unlocking new content. We could unlock access to the tower levels by doing the quest(s) associated with the tower level. This would leave development open-ended with new levels added every few updates.

Reactions: loperamide
  • Likex1

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Lucas Dragonheart, Lucas Pheonixfire
Platform
iOS, PC
Or maybe it could be a Zingara tower? Zingaras from different zones all come together at random times in there, and you have to kill them.