CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Axalon/Mini me
Platform
iOS, PC
Just going to drop this here, download fails every time I try to install and I don't feel like dealing with uninstall and reinstall right now when I can just play on my ipad.
Anyway, not sure if this might help the devs, there seemed to be a few folks who had install issues.
The install freezes after the last line in the screen shot.
1659742224345.png

Reactions: Paranoia
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Before I got my current virus control company, mine would stop at about 45 download and fail to load. What was suggested is you add the game to exceptions or extension in your virus control. Some see the python base as a virus which it isn't of course.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Perlio

Servant of Mallok
Kudos to the MO team for understanding what any of that means. I'm not a coder so it's a foreign language to me.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Many lines of text
Which make no sense, yet they mean
Computer says no

Reactions: Mutsie
  • Hahax1

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Just going to drop this here, download fails every time I try to install and I don't feel like dealing with uninstall and reinstall right now when I can just play on my ipad.
Anyway, not sure if this might help the devs, there seemed to be a few folks who had install issues.
The install freezes after the last line in the screen shot.
Thank you for sending the screenshot! That's useful.
TLDR;
The best solution is what you suspected: just uninstall the game, and reinstall it from scratch. That will bypass the entire patch process, and you won't be downloading the patch file which appears to be the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Explanation:
We can see from your logs that you have a checksum mismatch on the patch download file. The PC SAC (standalone client) is delivered via a third-party CDN we use (content delivery network). When we push a new build, there's a system in place so that players who had the old build don't have to download the entire game from scratch- instead only the files that changed are delivered. In your screenshot, that's the file named delta_59417_to_59611.zip (those numbers are the numbers of the last build and the current build).

An "md5 mismatch" just means there is a checksum error. In other words, when the file was delivered, it appeared to have lost some data or had some data corrupted.

Despite all this, we still aren't sure *why* there is a checksum mismatch. For many players, this bug isn't happening. It's maybe 20% (?) of players on PC / SAC. However, it is being reported much more often than in past builds. My only theory is that the CDN has cached a bad version of this file in one of its nodes- and that's why this bug is affecting some, but not all, players. We don't have access to see every cached version of this file- we just see the original copy, and it looks fine. I have tested it- it downloads, and the checksums match.

Long story short: the best solution is what you suspected: just uninstall the game, and reinstall it from scratch. That will bypass the entire patch process, and you won't be downloading the patch file which appears to be the problem.

We will continue to monitor this problem.

Thanks, Damon