Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Just want to share some useful spreadsheet. If anyone can put this into wiki please do so, I'm not good on making the page format and table on the wiki. The link below will link you to my spread sheet.

Active Rune List (The Vale & The Prince (4.44))
Stats Calculator

I'll add some more spreadsheet soon. Please give me your opinions and suggestion!

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Added "Stats Calculator".
If anyone have a suggestion what I should make please do tell me :)

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Last edited
First, let me say thank you for your hard work piecing this together. Having done most of this myself, I’m acutely aware of just how much effort this takes just gathering the data and teasing out formulas. Again, great job and thank you for your hard work.

[Edit: removed formula notes]

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Thank you very much Sinjin, I'll fix it.

2) The values for your feat rune variants is slightly off. Instead of the 1.0, 1.014, 1.029, and 1.043 in your spreadsheet, my numbers show 1.0, 1.014, 1.0281, 1.0425 (base, +1.4%, +2.81% and +4.25%, respectively) exactly match the values in-game.
On this part I got many different result depending on the feat, but the one I put there is the one I found most often. Probably this is because the weird rounding in the game, and my own rounding things, I'll test out some more for this one

can you please explain more what you mean here, like if possible what are the numbers you have?
5) Some of numbers I have as skill modifiers are different than yours. For example, I’ve not run across any Ice Javelin runes with a modifier of >1.90 and <= 2.51. I have some in-game that are not 1.9x, but they’re not 1.91-2.51, either.
Is it possible that you get different number because of you have "Cold Blood" ultimate? because ultimate do change the number stated on the rune, Like Seasoned Botanist, Sanctified Hand, Attune to water, etc

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
I suspect your numbers were wobbling a bit because the base formula wasn’t exact. If you plug in the new formulas and they don’t exactly match (at least to 5 decimal places), then please let me know.
The number I compare is what written in the rune tooltip, inside bag, not from my formula, so fixing the formula doesn't make a difference. The wobble is at the 3rd decimal places.

Edit: Looks like the wobble happen because the data range is different, then I use 9k-9.9k as the data set it really close to your number, but when compared to the data at 4k-7k the wobble happened.

I try to always get the values from runes of an unequipped weapon (and never from a quick bar tooltip) so that talents and augmentation runes don’t skew the displayed value.
Ultimate change the rune value even when the weapon is not equipped, even the rune in AH, which kinda annoying it make me have to redo my datasheet a couple of time, and force me to play sub-classes that don't have those ultimate.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I understand the problem with my formula and already fixed it, but I don't even use the formula to make the variants number,

1585865751939.png
Those are what I mean with the wobble I found, both are the value found in game. So my formula got nothing to do with it. I got a lot more example for this and that's why I use the average of all those wobbles for my calculation.

5) Some of numbers I have as skill modifiers are different than yours. For example, I’ve not run across any Ice Javelin runes with a modifier of >1.90 and <= 2.51. I have some in-game that are not 1.9x, but they’re not 1.91-2.51, either.
and this is the one that I ask may be it is because of ultimate, since you mentioned your "Ice Javelin" rune value is modified by "Cold Blooded"

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
If you’re happy with the formula that’s all that matters, really. I’d caution against trying to glean out more digits of precision than are significant in the data or you’ll start bumping against precision bias. You can’t accurately get 6 (or more) digits of precision from dividing a 4 digit number.

I’m going to remove my previous posts, as they would only distract the reader from your fine work or perhaps lead them to believe it is less than accurate.

As to the Ice Javelin modifier, I suspect I jotted down a rune level incorrectly somewhere in my notes.

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Rune list is updated, according to The Vale & The Prince (4.44) patch. From what I found some of the in game tool-tips are wrong or outdated and sometime there might be changes that doesn't make into the patch note, so If anyone found a mistake please do share.

Thank you here is the updated list, I've also edit the link in the OP
Rune List (The Vale & The Prince (4.44))

Thank you!

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1