Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
I did quite a bit of gathering last night and today. Repair globes seem to drop less than before. I actually had to use a repair consumable the first time ever in my 1,5 year of playing. All of the gathering was done on lvl 90 nodes on zorian. Worst offender was mining for me, one green globe dropping for every 2-3 full cycles. I actually managed to break my pickaxe. Other node types seemed to drop less too but more often (like 1 globe every 1-2 cycles). Also did not see any blue or purple globes. Has it been nerfed/bugged? Or is it because I'm mining the lowest level of the highest material tier?

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
For me, I was gathering in Zorian Marshland for about 40 min on all kinds of nodes and only 4 or 5 green globes dropped at all. And much less gems dropped than it should before update too. 1 diamend, 1 emerald, 6~9 each for opal, sapphire and topaz.
My gathering tools were all 100%. After today's gathering, it cost me about 7 gold to repair them. No gold profit for gathering isn't a good idea. I hope this is a bug or caused by mistake.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Did you also bug report? I didn't see anything about repair globules being less, so if you are finding this it is best to do a /loc and include that in your bug report.
As for the gems, I know the "plentiful nodes" get more but didn't see that regular get less (but I could be mistaken). Maybe bug report so it can be looked at?

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
They are dropping even less than before, and globe drop rates weren't too great for starters. I also noticed that I actually got more globules in the wild gathering stacks to take back to the village (in order to gather en masse) than I did in the village. Gem drops do 'seem' to be less also.

I have the premium tools, and I only broke a tool once, when I started, a long time ago and didn't realize they had to be repaired occasionally. I don't like sitting there biting my lip yelling at the game to throw me a globe!

Reactions: Luvana and Vyn
  • Likex2

Aurius

Priest
Platform
Android
So... it seems you guys "conveniently" forgot to mention in the patch notes that you MURDERED repair globule drop rate.
Now it is very difficult to make gold since most of the gold aquired from gathering will now be used to repair tools. Even the epic tools are breaking now...
Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
The drop rate on repair globules when I was gathering in Marshlands on my toon with item shop gathering skills and premium supplies wasn't too bad. (Although I noticed that even in those conditions, they dropped a lot less often than before the patch.) -- I gathered for about 18 minutes (chatting while gathering, so I wasn't always clicking the node exactly after the latch completed) and didn't stop until the node was exhausted. My mining pick was around 83-85% when I finished. For the first time ever (or at least in several years), I had to visit a tool vendor when I was done and pay a small amount of silver for repair.

My warrior (who has NO shop gathering tools) gathered about 1k lvl 90 fish from the village node. I didn't notice how long it took her, but when she finished, her fishing pole was at about 70-72%! The globules simply weren't dropping often enough to keep her tool at 85% or above, which felt like an excessive penalty for not having shop tools. The node exhausted before she was done emptying that amount of fish from the node, and yet she was using premium supplies.

I didn't think to bug report last night. (Needed to do some comparisons first, to see what the effect of vendor tools vs. shop tools was.) I expect to do some more gathering today, and will bug report on a toon with shop tools and one without. (I may also do one showing the difference between village gathering and wild.)

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Did you also bug report? I didn't see anything about repair globules being less, so if you are finding this it is best to do a /loc and include that in your bug report.
Tried to bug report, but failed. Will try again tonight

Edit: Yep, bug reports still not working

Reactions: Rohana and Kaydee
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
I can tell you, I gathered items for the quest in the Blighted Isle and got 11 some gold for the gems I got. It seemed normal to me.
I also got enough globules to keep my repairs up.

So I'd still say instead of assuming it was a change, maybe report these instances as possible bugs... because they might just be.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
I used the nodes in Zorian Marsh, they worked for me. Maybe post where you are having trouble as well as bug reporting. Something sounds like it might be bugged.

Vyn

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
Android
I don't think things are working as intended, and if they are it should be adjusted. Less gems so it's less money to cover the cost of repairs. There's a visible lack of repair globs popping up. I have to fully repair when I've gathered one stack of 300-350 resources. I personally haven't seen any special drops yet, like the gathering spiders or fish that give swimming bonus, etc. So I may just be unlucky, but listening to various world chats I'm not alone on the repairing & gem drops issue.

If things are going better for you, consider yourself blessed.

Baron Von Boom

Bog Frog
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Did an hour of full on gathering this morning with Reaping potion, abundant harvest, premium tools etc
Gathered quite a few thousand mats & in total 28gold, all tools needed a minor repair afterwards but ive always found this to be the case & have in fact never returned from gathering undamaged.
That said there were times it appeared that repair globules just didnt drop for ages but again thats par for the course.
In relation to not only the globules but the patch in general, not a single node was exhausted upon finding them or during use & also no abundant ones.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
I own the premium gathering tools, and before the patch have NEVER had to use a repair glob. I have a big stack of them in my vault collecting dust from Ardent Society. I think the update actually now works as intended. It makes sense that you would have to repair your tools. Even the premium ones.

Lady Hawk

Legendary Hero
Characters
Lady Hawk
Platform
PC, Steam
Hi everyone, as Diet mentioned there has been some change to the repair globules ( I noticed immediately), unfortunately I think it was too much of a drop on rates. I have made several repairs now (a 2000 village mining node needed 2 repairs - impacts my Master Crafting a bunch). I had the Premium Gathering Tools that were purchased because they did not need to be repaired which were replaced with these new ones. Please make some adjustments as its not very good at the moment.

Thanks, Lady Hawk US2

Platform
iOS
He also mentioned that there were changes made to gems. Not minor changes but rather they were nerfed into oblivion. Twice I had between 15-20 stacks of 350 mats from ZM and made only ten gold. Overall I’m impressed with the new update and zones but the gem and globe nerf I hope gets fixed asap. The patch notes made it seem that gathering would be more lucrative than before, but that just isn’t so. On occasion I would buy premium blue gathering mats, but feel discouraged to do so now until these issues get resolved.

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Luvana

Huntress
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
Definite reduction in drop rate of globs and gems. After experimenting in village, Ardent and Stone Gardens the rate of return on gems is barely enough to keep crown tools repaired (which is another gripe...glob rates should NEVER be so low that crown tools break!). Have had to resort to buying multiple lvl 10 tools to gather in Ardent without running back to tool vendor every 10 minutes. I used to use my high level tools for all levels of gathering but the repair cost is 6-10x more than I’m getting from gems on low level mats (1.5-2g for a broken tool vs lvl 5/10 gems). At least the lvl 10 tools only cost 5s when broken.