Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
Dire Mother & Dire Father

While the templar attribute ensures that teams must coordinate and focus fire on a particular boss I feel that these two bosses are missing something. Since they are the first boss battle they shouldn't be too intensive, but they could use one additional mechanic.

I propose that player choice should be a prominent factor here. That is, which boss does the team defeat first? The Mother or the Father? Their choice will determine the branch of the conflict going forward.

For example, the level 60 Elders Zagreb and Ostendar. When one is defeated the other grows much more powerful. Let's copy that mechanic here so that when the mother or father is defeated, the leftover boss will gain power.

If the Mother is defeated first the Father will gain increased attack speed and if the Father is defeated first the Mother will gain increased defense. These could be tweaked or randomized of course if needed, those were just an example.

Maggwood

The Maggwood boss in Red Cloister still needs some mechanical tweaking. My first live run yesterday we defeated him without dealing with a single one of his mushroom spawns. It costed me one mana potion but the boss died fast enough that it wasn't really a hassle.

The mushrooms need to become more important. Here are my suggestions:

1: Make it so the mushrooms don't automatically self-destruct. Instead, they just grow more powerful over time
2: If mushrooms are not destroyed they will heal Maggwood. The more there are, the greater his healing. This will encourage players to destroy them
3: Once a mushroom is destroyed it will clear the mana maggots from all party members
4: Maggwood's poison attacks should become more powerful as the number of mushrooms increases. This will punish players who do not destroy mushrooms and ensures that they cannot just out-DPS their healing mechanism
5: Make the mushrooms easier to see. Blue maybe?

Please consider tweaking this boss because in its current state we are just ignoring his mechanics completely. I hate to see all the time spent scripting the mushrooms go to waste

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Agreed with everything you said. Currently it's pretty much tank n spank (well to be honest just spank). More mechanically intensive fights -> more fun and sense of accomplishment

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
haven't done the dungeon yet, but i can imagine it and like the idea i feel like it gonna be like the rift bosses, the bark+mushroom combined

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Has anyone run RC since the patch? We were doing great today until we ran into Benedicta. We had a group of 14 so that might've been the problem. Perhaps anything double-digits and above is not feasible in the new dungeon? Anyways her health was dropping so fast that she seemed to spawn half a dozen dopplegangers at once. We were incapacitated before we even had a chance to react. I think their health should be lowered a bit as well because we have to remember that they are accounting for more players than are actually able to attack them in terms of scaling.

Also - have yet to kill a single of Maggwood's mushrooms to this day lol.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Maggwood's mushrooms are missing yea, which is a bummer. Ran a few RC after patch, all was cool and good (7 people and 12 people runs). We failed with 12 people once, half of them stood near each other and blew up right after start. Haven't noticed anything funny with the dopplegangers

Reactions: Roak
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
I think the few things that need to be tweaked is the duration before the aoe blast need to be a little longer, on big group it's very hard to dodge each other in just a few second, don't have problem with the doppelganger yet, and don't have problem at all when running with smaller groups. also still haven't notice the mushroom, Maggwood go down rather fast

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
Maggwood's mushrooms are missing yea, which is a bummer. Ran a few RC after patch, all was cool and good (7 people and 12 people runs). We failed with 12 people once, half of them stood near each other and blew up right after start. Haven't noticed anything funny with the dopplegangers
What strategy do you folks use for Benedicta?

The problem is, in a group where there is only one tank, sometimes I get cloned right off the bat. I don't think the boss should be able to clone the primary target.

To counteract the detonation we had everyone split up and each person stood by one of the pillars. This kept enough distance to avoid collateral. The doppler's keep overwhelming us though. As soon as the tank or healer is paralyzed it's very tough for the DPS classes to regain control. If there are 8 of us and 3 are paralyzed the minions are still scaled to 8 players, making it hard for the 5 who are left to defeat them quickly.

Maybe they should be made bigger as well (Easier to target and see)

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
What strategy do you folks use for Benedicta?
For bomb, spreading out. No special place set up we just stay away from each other (and me quite often being the only melee, just stay with Benedicta).

For cloning, we usually don't bother just nuke Benedicta. If damage is lacking I tend to prioritize freeing healers. We rarely have a tank with us,it's usually the highest hitting player who takes on that role. If by some luck it's me I try to gather up the clones near Benedicta, so we can damage both her and the clones as well. Though I do agree that if we lose too many of our damage dealers to the dopplegangers, it becomes hard to free them and kill Benedicta too. Would need to see some more scenarios, to judge if clones health should change (or another solution would be if we could free players without killing clones, like picking up a torch/lantern and interacting with the paralyzed player)

Bored dude

Citizen
A warrior can spam the warcry (the brutality one) that neutralizes the clones for 15-20 seconds if no damage is dealt and then focus the main boss not sure if it’ll work in actual combat but it worked for the 85 elder with healers.

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
For bomb, spreading out. No special place set up we just stay away from each other (and me quite often being the only melee, just stay with Benedicta).

For cloning, we usually don't bother just nuke Benedicta. If damage is lacking I tend to prioritize freeing healers. We rarely have a tank with us,it's usually the highest hitting player who takes on that role. If by some luck it's me I try to gather up the clones near Benedicta, so we can damage both her and the clones as well. Though I do agree that if we lose too many of our damage dealers to the dopplegangers, it becomes hard to free them and kill Benedicta too. Would need to see some more scenarios, to judge if clones health should change (or another solution would be if we could free players without killing clones, like picking up a torch/lantern and interacting with the paralyzed player)
With 7 players how many clones do you have normally to deal with? I'm impressed you all can manage without a tank or killing the clones... I don't think that will be possible for me

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Alright,so,after hearing that the Red Cloister final boss was ''fixed' me and a team of awesomes went in there.Things were looking great,but then we've met said final boss and got slaughtered....

Here's my observations:

1: it seems that the faster we lower her hp,the more clones she spawns.
2: Clones have way too much hp.I can be tanking the boss and have my whole team hitting the clone,that another clone spawn,and then another,and then another,and then we're all down and die.

I like the idea that when a clone appear the original is incapacitated,but it's just broken here.

My suggestions:

1:Lower clones hp.They shouldnt be so hard to take down.Make them mob strength,not boss strength.
2:Assuming that the boss spawn a clone everytime her hp goes down to a certain point,make it so that the lower her hp gets,the more chances that she will spawn one.1% at full hp,5% at 90% hp,10% at 80%hp,something like that.

On a more personal note,after having to use 35 voltan resurects fighting this broken boss,I hope we'll be give some for free as compensation....Not a demand,but you Otters are cool and knowing how hard the situation is for us right now in the dungeons,I think this would be the right thing to do.

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
With 7 players how many clones do you have normally to deal with? I'm impressed you all can manage without a tank or killing the clones... I don't think that will be possible for me
1-2 clones. We actually finished with 8 people today, in less than 12 minutes, had 2 clones in the fight (me and healer), though mind you we also had 3 nature hunters dealing a good deal of the overall damage.

It's really interesting though that we are seeing a disparity again. People struggling with Benedicta. I almost start to think that EU1 got some easier version of the boss (or we got too many nature hunters). Wish I could clone my warrior to other servers, so I could see things with my own eyes

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
1-2 clones. We actually finished with 8 people today, in less than 12 minutes, had 2 clones in the fight (me and healer)
Less than 12 mins,well that took a while: with our dps we would have got her in 4 mins (if not less)

It looks like that the longer it takes to take her down,the better your chances of doing so,but at the same time this is a race against the clock,so this is weird...

1-2 clones....wow....that's really not what we've seen on US2.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
@Roak 12 mins was meant for the whole run not just Benedicta ^^ She was like 1-2 minutes iirc

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
This was on the US2 run. I snapped a quick picture right before my death... ?

They spawned them faster than we could kill them. I managed to take down the Zyrax ghost's health to 81% before a clone of me paralyzed me. Notice there's also one in the back as well, so 3 ghosts total for a group of 8ish. One is holding the boss, and 3 of us are paralyzed. So 4 people have to beat 3 ghosts... Healer is trying to heal, so they can't really fight either.

• Likex1

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
@Roak 12 mins was meant for the whole run not just Benedicta ^^ She was like 1-2 minutes iirc
We sure had more than 2 clones after 2 mins....Less than before the patch,but still.

There seems to be a difference between how that boss reacts on EU and US servers,what is this all about?If the devs wanted to tests thing they had the test server for that,and from what I've heard the devs ignored the feedback they got from the test server,so ....what???

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
We sure had more than 2 clones after 2 mins....Less than before the patch,but still.

There seems to be a difference between how that boss reacts on EU and US servers,what is this all about?If the devs wanted to tests thing they had the test server for that,and from what I've heard the devs ignored the feedback they got from the test server,so ....what???
Afaik they cant run different patches on different servers, so all servers have the same benedicta. Maybe players on other servers are just better at killing her, or communicate the kill better or whatever

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
Maybe players on other servers are just better at killing her, or communicate the kill better or whatever
Had you been there,you wouldnt have said that...

''Better'' communication and stronger people wouldnt have changed a thing.When you simply cant move,and the only way to move is by killing something with too much hp,while more spawns,it's madness.We're either dead or paralysed,what are we supposed to communicate here? Prayers?

How do you recommend we get ''better''? We were doing fine up until that last boss.I've killed her a few times in the past but I sure dont know how that happened.

Edit: Well,looks like Ekimie has no tip to share about ''getting better''.Oh well...

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
I'll record kill times, number of players and number of clones from now on, and will post my findings

• Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
There is indeed only one build, common to all servers, so it is not that EU1 is intentionally different.

It is however possible (I think) that one server may have a bug which does not show on other servers.

Of course my tech knowledge is pretty much nil, so I may be talking complete nonsense here, but it seems the most likely explanation for the markedly different experiences on different servers.

(The other explanation being that we European players are just superior to everyone else, which, being British, I would of course modestly deny whilst being secretly convinced is of course true.)

P.S. That last is a joke.