Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited
Hi Everyone,

This build will, hopefully, bring back balance and harmony to the Vale. There were some things with the Vale, and with Event zones in general, that we needed to rebalance. I know many players felt we did this without a reason. We should have more clearly stated the reasons for the recent balance changes:
1. One of our longtime developers and designers recently left, and because of this, we needed to get a handle on the event zones, and how they are balanced. It's important that we understand the systems and are able to make changes effectively. Unfortunately, this can mean making some mistakes along the way.
2. We haven't visited balance in a long time.
3. We have new features in the game that we believe make the game more fun to play - like affixes. I know some of them were/are too powerful for an event zone, but we needed to get them live to find which are out of balance. The reason we like them, in general, is not because they make the game harder- it's because they add variety- they are random, and change each time a boss spawns.
4. We have more players now than in the past. This has manifested in two problems: extra instances spawning, and some of the newer players not understanding the proper etiquette of waiting for everyone to arrive before starting an event. This is why we add the "Prisma will spawn" message.

We are sorry for all the discord these changes have caused in the community. We don't want to create strife. The game, and event zones especially, are for all players.

Specific changes with this fixit build are:
  1. Lethal Strikes now caps at 10 charges - there was a bug where this was not capping, so it was doing massive damage to Prisma's target. This is fixed.
  2. GREATLY nerfed the amount of damage that "Gift of Mallok" boosts the boss damage for many players. This will help keep all players alive after an AOE burst.
  3. Increased the amount of health that Prisma has when, and only when, there are many players present. This was specifically to fix the problem where Prisma would spawn, and because there were 30 or 40 or 50 players, she would be killed before everyone was able to arrive at the battle. She was dying in less than 60 seconds in these cases. She should not be more difficult per se (other than it takes a little longer to defeat her when there are a ton of players present), but she should be around long enough for everyone to participate.
  4. The "Prisma will Spawn" message now will be shown both in chat and in the center bottom area - especially useful for mobile players because it will show on the main game screen, and they won't have to keep chat screen open the whole time.

Sorry for the problems- the good news is that we are getting a handle on how to develop and improve event zones, and we can learn from our mistakes, and add improvements to future events as well- like Equinox and Halloween (with the boss spawn notifications, for example).

Finally, we are listening... and we will continue to make changes in response to your advice and feedback.
Thanks, Damon

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Account Deleted!
Platform
Android
My Bugs Never got Fix Yet!
It always better to report it in CS Ticket Instead of In-Game Bug Report.
Enough is Enough, I pretty much lost my Bug Track to Report what was Bugging me alot but there is 1 Common Bug which is Really Annoying me. 😒

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Account Deleted!
Platform
Android
Fais, not sure what you are saying buddy. Is this patch fixing your problem?
I Reported this Bug where I guess most Players were Complaining About Can't Claim their Crates and Society Chests... well this Bug is Getting worst and Worst in Days. This bug is also Effective on Skitter Floating situation. When I Jump on a Cog platform. Skitter Stay up Instead of getting down. This is his Picture.
1 bug is for claiming crate Supplies and Society Chests and another one for Floating Skitter one.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
iOS, PC
The issues I had were when fighting Prisma, even if I wasn’t her direct target, I would get hit with 2200 damage, and I am level 49, my health is 4K. That is half of my health in one hit! And 2 mins after Prisma was defeated, I was still getting damage and I had no stat thing on my char!

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
iOS, PC
Also here’s a suggestion: Maybe when u touch the twilight stone, if there is a ladder going on, you should be teleported there instead of to the first one. I hate it when I log on and look At map and see the ladder group has just defeated first boss and is now moving to second boss and can’t catch them.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox/ShamRoc/Axalon/Mini me
Platform
iOS, PC
We will be rebooting the servers in approximately 30 minutes. These are hot fixes only, meaning this is not a full build being pushed to live. Servers will only be down about ten minutes.

are we there yet?

:p

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
iOS, PC
“I’m done with Vale. I find it incredibly frustrating that the “elites” feel like they have to ”improve” on a zone that used to be somewhat fun and is now nothing but a healer and mana nightmare. I was really looking forward to this, but now it’s nothing but a nightmare trying to pick my way through. Sorry devs, but ya lost another one to this awful ‘improvement’ I like a good challenge but this is nothing short of ridiculous.”
-AirArmy22 on the Vale Changes Feedback Page

I think I would agree, but I haven’t done Vale before, so idk...

Reactions: Ohxx
  • Likex1

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
My Bugs Never got Fix Yet!
It always better to report it in CS Ticket Instead of In-Game Bug Report.
Enough is Enough, I pretty much lost my Bug Track to Report what was Bugging me alot but there is 1 Common Bug which is Really Annoying me. 😒
KHAN! Wait, you have a bug that is effecting you, but cant remember what it was? lol, silly Khan

Reactions: Black Fairy and Sultan
  • Hahax2

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Account Deleted!
Platform
Android
KHAN! Wait, you have a bug that is effecting you, but cant remember what it was? lol, silly Khan
If you go to my 2nd post. I explained it. Claiming Chests one is Extremely Annoying And LOL I'm silly.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
We did a ladder run on EU1, with a team of mostly lvl 80ish some lower and 2-3 max levels (tank being max and top notch). We also had at least 2 healers. It was a very smooth run, I as a DPS had no trouble at any of the fights at all. The only complaint was about Brawler affix at Anosia, which while we managed, without a great tank and healer would have probably meant a worse outcome. I'd suggest either removing Brawler or having an event version of it with reduced effectiveness

V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
  1. Increased the amount of health that Prisma has when, and only when, there are many players present. This was specifically to fix the problem where Prisma would spawn, and because there were 30 or 40 or 50 players, she would be killed before everyone was able to arrive at the battle. She was dying in less than 60 seconds in these cases. She should not be more difficult per se (other than it takes a little longer to defeat her when there are a ton of players present), but she should be around long enough for everyone to participate.
Does this apply to all enemies who have the 'Gift of Mallok' scaling? The 95 Elder bosses seem to have a lot more health now

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
They definately took much longer to kill. Either they need to be fixed or the timers need to be adjusted.

Reactions: Halleebell
  • Likex1

Rizzo Celestone

Bog Frog
Characters
Rizzo, Azzurra, Menolly, Mysty, AquaLily, MooseDog, Panda Coconut
Platform
Android, PC
Hi Everyone,

This build will, hopefully, bring back balance and harmony to the Vale. There were some things with the Vale, and with Event zones in general, that we needed to rebalance. I know many players felt we did this without a reason. We should have more clearly stated the reasons for the recent balance changes:
1. One of our longtime developers and designers recently left, and because of this, we needed to get a handle on the event zones, and how they are balanced. It's important that we understand the systems and are able to make changes effectively. Unfortunately, this can mean making some mistakes along the way.
2. We haven't visited balance in a long time.
3. We have new features in the game that we believe make the game more fun to play - like affixes. I know some of them were/are too powerful for an event zone, but we needed to get them live to find which are out of balance. The reason we like them, in general, is not because they make the game harder- it's because they add variety- they are random, and change each time a boss spawns.
4. We have more players now than in the past. This has manifested in two problems: extra instances spawning, and some of the newer players not understanding the proper etiquette of waiting for everyone to arrive before starting an event. This is why we add the "Prisma will spawn" message.

We are sorry for all the discord these changes have caused in the community. We don't want to create strife. The game, and event zones especially, are for all players.

Specific changes with this fixit build are:
  1. Lethal Strikes now caps at 10 charges - there was a bug where this was not capping, so it was doing massive damage to Prisma's target. This is fixed.
  2. GREATLY nerfed the amount of damage that "Gift of Mallok" boosts the boss damage for many players. This will help keep all players alive after an AOE burst.
  3. Increased the amount of health that Prisma has when, and only when, there are many players present. This was specifically to fix the problem where Prisma would spawn, and because there were 30 or 40 or 50 players, she would be killed before everyone was able to arrive at the battle. She was dying in less than 60 seconds in these cases. She should not be more difficult per se (other than it takes a little longer to defeat her when there are a ton of players present), but she should be around long enough for everyone to participate.
  4. The "Prisma will Spawn" message now will be shown both in chat and in the center bottom area - especially useful for mobile players because it will show on the main game screen, and they won't have to keep chat screen open the whole time.

Sorry for the problems- the good news is that we are getting a handle on how to develop and improve event zones, and we can learn from our mistakes, and add improvements to future events as well- like Equinox and Halloween (with the boss spawn notifications, for example).

Finally, we are listening... and we will continue to make changes in response to your advice and feedback.
Thanks, Damon
So for me this didn't help, my lv22 Water Shaman and 60ish Holy Priest either died or almost died after the patch. And I was yelled at for trying to heal myself, no idea that was bad! My favorite of the event zones is causing me grief and my own real tears :(

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Yep 95 elders were wayyy harder to fight tonight even trash mobs took longer then normal. In the group I’m in I normally do around 50/60 mil damage and tonight I did 92 mil

Reactions: PlatinumPlatypus
  • Likex1

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
Last edited
Yep 95 elders were wayyy harder to fight tonight even trash mobs took longer then normal. In the group I’m in I normally do around 50/60 mil damage and tonight I did 92 mil
95 Elders were definitely harder I’m in Hallee’s group for 95 elders for some reason the mobs and elders have higher health than before. Making it harder to get gold. Silver barely gives any gold I got 97g from our run last night that’s really low. Our group usually gets all gold. The devs should really consider about giving us more gold when we get gold. Otherwise it’s not really worth it. Since I gather for others I can make the same amount of gold by gathering 30 or more stacks 3g per stack. Although I don’t mind the 95 elders to be a bit harder but not as hard as they are right now. I think making it harder pushes us to try harder and be better.

• Likex1

Minus

Lumineer
Platform
iOS
Same thing with our run in US2. We didn't have our usual turn out, and thought maybe we all had our magic find gear on.

• Likex1

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
Android, PC
So for me this didn't help, my lv22 Water Shaman and 60ish Holy Priest either died or almost died after the patch. And I was yelled at for trying to heal myself, no idea that was bad! My favorite of the event zones is causing me grief and my own real tears :(
I'm still taking more damage than I probably should. I did it on my lvl 72 (fire) wizard and he was down to 25% health at one point. I had to pop all cooldowns to get him back up, fortunately she died relatively quickly after or it would have been over. This was Prisma only, after that I wasn't even going to try ladder without a pack of healers around.

I'm taking a lot of damage from toxification. Like a lot. If someone triggers her before the fight starts, I can easily die quite quickly (20-30 seconds) from tox alone even if I run away and avoid the other attacks.

Reactions: Catori and Black_Cvlt
  • Likex1
  • Hahax1