Last edited
Hi all,
Nice game overall, special mention on the writing for the quests. Though ..

When I discovered the bear reward for the event were going to be pink (bad surprise but not that big) I thought: alright, I have played for a week, let's reward the job done with a few bucks: I bought the White Bear .. only to discover that I don't like its running animation at all. Note that a some like it and some don't. But there are already 2 other posts about that. Why is there not an animated preview of the animated items on the Cash Shop? So we know exactly what we are buying?
First Rebirth at level 30 .. read all what's needed to be read but what about the St-Valentine Event? Wanting these 5 sockets that might be useful, or not at my level, I finished the longest quest line and still had left the global quest that requires to have killed bosses and completed other quests. Why the heck does a Rebirth delete the Event's quests to start with?
House Styles, here again no preview at all. No indication that we can't mix the 3 main styles: Rustic, Woodland, Spooky, why can't we mix them? why this limitation?
I wanted the straw covered roof from the Haunted Barn so I bought the Spooky Style and then the Haunted Barn but still no way to make it look like the Haunted Barn that is on the tiny icon .. Then I bought the Spooky Paint Set, that 175 gold total for the 3 options and for a new comer that means it was all the gold I earned in a week with some effort. all gone for nothing as with these 3 options I can't still make that damn barn looks like on the icon with a straw covered roof that I won't even be able to mix with any other styles anyway ..

See below the only 2 roof paints disposable. no straw roof.
Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.19 - 16.45.42.69.png
Why can't we preview in real time on our house the options and if we want to make them permanent then we're told what we'll need to buy? to avoid buying useless stuff thus generating an useless disappointment? it's not even possible to have the house looking like what is on the icon ..

Edit: your forum is messing with keyboard input in Win 10, using Edge browser. Can write anywhere else in the other applications but need to kill processes or restart the PC to even be able to write again in the address bar. + first time I have some BSOD for may be a decade while playing V&H. huge memory leak that I have no time to analyze at the moment. damn it's like something is shouting out loud that I shouldn't play this game :x instead of the Haunted Barn may be I got the Haunted Game?

Voila, so it serves for nothing to have a nice appreciation from a dear Brianna Royce on MOP, and then give us a high with so many well thought and made things in this game only to have the envy to play slammed on the ground several times in a row for .. nothing. it's like cheering up an audience and have it fall flat with wrongly picked words or a bad joke. there's already many systems in this game that a new comer will have no clue they exist due to the lack of tutorials, despite the excellent work from KAVE. learning from mistakes is the base of the apprentissage try/error but when it involves real money or hard earned in game gold with our real life time, then it's hard to swallow and prompt to harm the player retention.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Sorry to hear you are having some issues. I do have a couple replies that might help some... I hope. :)
First Rebirth at level 30 .. read all what's needed to be read but what about the St-Valentine Event? Wanting these 5 sockets that might be useful, or not at my level, I finished the longest quest line and still had left the global quest that requires to have killed bosses and completed other quests. Why the heck does a Rebirth delete the Event's quests to start with?
I'm not sure what you mean about the 5 sockets. Did you perhaps mean the 5 extra talent points you get with each rebirth? And yes, they have helped me with my characters, but some players don't choose to participate which is also OK.

It does tell you in the question and answer portion of the rebirth process that all quests will be reset. And yes as you found out, the event zone quests are included, all game quests are.

I wanted the straw covered roof from the Haunted Barn so I bought the Spooky Style and then the Haunted Barn but still no way to make it look like the Haunted Barn that is on the tiny icon .. Then I bought the Spooky Paint Set, that 175 gold total for the 3 options and for a new comer that means it was all the gold I earned in a week with some effort. all gone for nothing as with these 3 options I can't still make that damn barn looks like on the icon with a straw covered roof that I won't even be able to mix with any other styles anyway ..
I'm sure as far as previews go that Mad Otter might already have things like this on their "would love to have" board, but priorities sometimes get in the way :)
Did you click the "Mix and Match" tab? On there are the options available for your house. Yes, you might have to buy more of the adds that are available, but the ones you seek might already be there. That tab instantly applies the changes. (I would show you but do not have the spooky house option myself).
Edit: your forum is messing with keyboard input in Win 10, using Edge browser. Can write anywhere else in the other applications but need to kill processes or restart the PC to even be able to write again in the address bar. + first time I have some BSOD for may be a decade while playing V&H. huge memory leak that I have no time to analyze at the moment. damn it's like something is shouting out loud that I shouldn't play this game :x instead of the Haunted Barn may be I got the Haunted Game?
I often use the ingame clearcache plus clear my computer cache often. That helps with the memory thing. I get it when I have been gathering especially. My game slows down and lags, so I use the /clearcache command then go and clear the one on my computer. That will make all go back to normal for quite a while.