Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Total voters

Jalandra

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Zorlanda, Lenada, Jalandra, Zorlan, Yuju, Queen of Darkness
Platform
iOS, PC, Steam
I posted this poll as I mostly don't like raids due to their temporary nature as is the same with the relics. So every season we basically do the same to gain relics only to lose them after a period and do the same next season and so on. There are lots of other things to do in the game so spending time for something temporary is a waste in my opinion. I know not everyone agrees with me.

What I would like to see is raids becoming a permanent addition to the game where you gain relics and they are still time limited but with the expiry date based on when you acquired them and not fixed irrespective of when you acquired them. This would encourage players to do raids fairly regularly to keep their relics active and would be more appealing, especially for the players who generally don't do raids.

This is a general idea as I know the mechanics of the way raids currently work for progression may need adjusting for them to become permanent.

Reactions: Homéo
  • Likex1
Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
I am definitely not a fan of the seasonal thing. I feel every time a new season come in, you have to grind once again every raid x many times to unlock the last raid, which is the newest one.

Now, with that said, if raids were permanent, what would incentivize people tu run the same 6 raids forever? I don’t have an answer.

A thing I would’ve liked to see is an infinite tower with randomly generated floors maps, kinda rogue-like thingy where you need to go as high as you can, with each floors being more difficult than the previous one.

But I’ll get housing soon (tm) so I’m a happy camper anyway :)

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
A thing I would’ve liked to see is an infinite tower with randomly generated floors maps, kinda rogue-like thingy where you need to go as high as you can, with each floors being more difficult than the previous one.

maybe that is their goal in the long run? But they need to work up to it.
I like seasonal… its kinda like a sporting event. RL sports teams have to start over every season.
however I am definitely not opposed to Williams idea.

Reactions: William Hououin
  • Likex1

KID PUMPKIN

Adventurer
Platform
Android
I am definitely not a fan of the seasonal thing. I feel every time a new season come in, you have to grind once again every raid x many times to unlock the last raid, which is the newest one.

Now, with that said, if raids were permanent, what would incentivize people tu run the same 6 raids forever? I don’t have an answer.

I would love to see a tower mode! I also would like a wave attack mode too, that has the players facing waves of increasingly difficult mobs, and bounties.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Last edited
I think raids are in a way “still under development“ I suspect the ultimate plan is to have enough raids so they can simply rotate available ones each season and not have to make a new one every time this will eventually give us less down time between seasons (if they can get it down to a month then we will be never be without relics) also each season will feel new because raids we haven’t seen for a wile will be coming back around.

still got a bit of work to do for this to be viable I think minimum to try this will probably be 10 raids, 5 one season and then 5 the next. also we need enough different relics so there are still options for all slots both seasons.

i really want them to go back and plug the gaps they made by not doing 3 relics each for orla and catacombs.
I also want them to drop this concept of you have to grind the early bronze raids to get to the other ones or at least change the order so we don't have to do woods first every season new players need to be given the option to run more than just one raid 5 times. Maybe only new raids should be inaccessible at the start so you can do older ones any order you fancy.

One last gripe for me is the vendor. wile new mounts/outfits were added last season maybe instead of red darrig crossover we can just cut the middle man and sell red darrig keys/chests for ducats instead? that way the devs won’t ever have to add anything else to those vendors ever again just a thought.

Jar

Citizen
Platform
Android
I think it is not a good idea to have permanent raids. We can see that peopledo raids mainly in several weeks after each relase. After this period there are not so many people doing raids. If they are permanent it will be totally deserted as people will be wearinessed... Ranking will be not refresh also, so the competition doesn't have anymore interest. Like EZ if they are permanent, people will get bored and they will be considered as standard other zones.

With seasons people are motivated as they are waiting for 6 months!

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, Crafty Hands, High Voltage
Platform
Android, PC
I think it is not a good idea to have permanent raids. We can see that peopledo raids mainly in several weeks after each relase. After this period there are not so many people doing raids. If they are permanent it will be totally deserted as people will be wearinessed... Ranking will be not refresh also, so the competition doesn't have anymore interest. Like EZ if they are permanent, people will get bored and they will be considered as standard other zones.

With seasons people are motivated as they are waiting for 6 months!
Otters can reset seasons (completed levels, relics, rewards, rankings etc.) without closing raids.

marty57

Citizen
Characters
Marty57 Oldeman Molde
Platform
Android
This comment applies equally to Event zones and Raids neither of which interest me., People often ask for help as they need a healer , tank or just dps, So I would love to help. Not interested in rewards or xp just to go help. So why not let people help with having to spend ages doing things they dont want to do, so those that need the help can have it. For example Pyramid in EZ needed a healer, So I tried to go, but there is a quest, so I tried quest, but no Caliphs were up so people in EZ had to do with out help. Apparently a 95 toon cant solo Caliphs any way so there was no way I was going to be able to help.

Reactions: Wait
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
This comment applies equally to Event zones and Raids neither of which interest me., People often ask for help as they need a healer , tank or just dps, So I would love to help. Not interested in rewards or xp just to go help. So why not let people help with having to spend ages doing things they dont want to do, so those that need the help can have it. For example Pyramid in EZ needed a healer, So I tried to go, but there is a quest, so I tried quest, but no Caliphs were up so people in EZ had to do with out help. Apparently a 95 toon cant solo Caliphs any way so there was no way I was going to be able to help.
The caliphs are just venerable bounties I could solo them when I first started playing the game so like a lvl 30 toon or so. Making the quest to access pyramid super easy. As for raids if you don’t play them your d.lvl will be low so you won’t be any help at all past bronze even a great toon needs to develop this, it’s ok if your happy with this but a desire to help group content might indicate that you actually want to play group content (that in its self is it’s own reward in my opinion) I’ve seen this kind of thing from players who have been playing a long time mostly they consider this content too much stress and hassle but that’s because they have an “outside view of the content” once they start they slowly realise this is just one more great way to have a little fun with people the problem is getting them started.

Ozul

Citizen
Platform
iOS
We had a permanent raid, that was dungeons which had a lot of popularity, in fact more then raids. It worked well with the game population still coming back to play everyday.

However I would rather see raids shortened to 3 months with 1 month cooldown with dungeons back up. Would give players opportunities to keep the combat competitiveness on people and would bring back old content that people loved. No raid heroic flooded cloister is not even close to dungeons at all!

Reactions: Catori
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
People get bored of endlessly running the same content. Raids add something different to the game and I think they should remain as they were designed. If they became permanent, how long would it be before they lost popularity and people started asking for something new?

Instead of reworking the content that we have, I would prefer to see them add some more content that stays up on a permanent basis so that people who enjoy combat can run it in between Raid seasons. We have Rift. We have been asking for a long time that Blackfury Gorge be renovated. Perhaps a few dungeons or dungeonesque zones on a smaller scale to lend a little variety? We have a lot of old zones like Verda and Old Verda that recent game changes have rendered somewhat obsolete. Perhaps they could be converted into something people would enjoy doing. I can't help but feel if there were more end-game and optional content, people would be content to run them when there are no Raids or Event Zones going on and it would remove the risk of being infected with the same-old, same-old, syndrome.

Reactions: Ozul and V
  • Likex2

Ozul

Citizen
Platform
iOS
People get bored of endlessly running the same content. Raids add something different to the game and I think they should remain as they were designed. If they became permanent, how long would it be before they lost popularity and people started asking for something new?

Instead of reworking the content that we have, I would prefer to see them add some more content that stays up on a permanent basis so that people who enjoy combat can run it in between Raid seasons. We have Rift. We have been asking for a long time that Blackfury Gorge be renovated. Perhaps a few dungeons or dungeonesque zones on a smaller scale to lend a little variety? We have a lot of old zones like Verda and Old Verda that recent game changes have rendered somewhat obsolete. Perhaps they could be converted into something people would enjoy doing. I can't help but feel if there were more end-game and optional content, people would be content to run them when there are no Raids or Event Zones going on and it would remove the risk of being infected with the same-old, same-old, syndrome.
I do like your suggestions and couldn’t disagree in them since it would be great too see these come to fruition. Yes the new content if included would be great on the lines like gortins secrect passage with different choices affecting the outcome would be a different path other then there is a bounty, it drops a medallion and then go to a npc to trade for a key or some reward.
My only issue is if the devs decide this path, then a lot of people who like the villaging side would be upset. If the devs put time in extra end content, the argument would be why couldn’t they do the villaging side as well? ( I m not including housing update since that’s separate). I’m not trying to go down a rabbitshole here, just feel end content updates is upsetting the other side.

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Remember too that having raids come usually between event zones gives people something to do other than leveling (or gives those capped something to do).
I think changing things up gives us the variety many have asked about for years, MO is just complying :)

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1