Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Last edited
So season 7 I believe seen many improvements to the seasonal raid format. The reduced number of wins you need to advance a tier, the increased dungeoneering xp, the changes to cloister and swamp and also the reduced cooldown for relic spells. But there could be more improvements to be made!

General
- Reduce cooldown of summon spells and add a unique ability to them.
This would be especially a nice change to nature hunter's running their new fabled set.
  • Summon spells 10m -> 5m
  • Nix heals the player occasionally
  • Mo stuns the enemy
  • Croaker debuffs armor/magic res
- Remove randomization and timer (see Curses). Randomization is something a good deal of people did not enjoy, and the timer also seems to frustrate some people. I believe these should be removed from the bronze-platinum tiers and be reintroduced as an optional Curse at heroic tier.
- Remove the time waster affixes: Massive, Arcane, Steeled and Missile Dampener.
- Daily/Weekly extra gear rewards should offer better quality items than it currently does.
Daily :
  • Rare: Bronze, Silver
  • Epic: Gold, Platinum, Heroic

Weekly:
  • Epic: Bronze, Silver, Gold
  • Legendary: Platinum, Heroic
- Heroic raid's final boss drop rewards need to be at least epic quality all the time. Same goes for relic rewards.
- Improve raid buffs. Currently only the speed one is truly powerful the rest is quite mediocre. Make the defense boost be a flat +8% magic/physical resist, make the damage boost be a total of +10% ability power increase (so if you have 200% AP you end up with 220% AP), and make Anton's wisdom increase mob xp by 200%, dungeoneering xp by 25%. I'd also consider introducing some new ones like: Blessing of Yorick -> Money dropped by enemies are increased by 200%.

Bellamere Palace
- Turn Gregory into a mini boss with a mechanic -> I’d enjoy if he had a single mechanic added to him so he’s not just another bullet sponge. Some cone or aoe based attacks that you could avoid, would be a nice addition.
- Halve Red Prince’s health regen during the witch phase -> At the moment it feels way too high. He usually heals up 11-16% health which I think is a lot, considering I do deal with the adds fairly quickly. My suggestion is to halve his health regen. The current rate just feels like it makes the fight more tedious not more challenging.

Orla’s Veldt
- Make lava deal very heavy damage instead of insta kill. So many times I dipped in the lava, and getting insta gibbed is just not fun. Especially if it happens at Zell and you gotta walk back all the way. Make it deal like 20-30% max HP per second, at least it will give a chance for players to get out, but still punish them if they are too slow to react.
- Nur -> add some mechanic to the guy, people always ran him cause he literally does nothing.

Zell’s encounter -> He’s a big beefy boi, but he doesnt really do anything.
- I’d add a cone/pizza attack to him, meaning you’d need to change which side you attack him on. Bronze could be 1/4, silver 2/4, gold+ 3/4 of the are being covered by its attack. This is disabled during heart phases.
- Tie heart phases to health. Limit heart phases to 2 (at 40% and at 20% health). Good dps group can already finish in 1-2 phases, but such is not always the case. 3 phases drags out an already very long encounter, unnecessarily.
- [Solo] Reduce number of hearts to 3 from 5 -> Just like the previous change, this is aimed to make the fight less tedious and more solo friendly.

Catacombs
- Add class mastery (like fury/lightning) mirror relics -> Currently no extra option for mirrors, catacombs also only drops one kind of relic and no class mastery relics has been added yet, so it feels like the perfect place to add them.
- Rework the final escape -> It is cool the first time but after that it is quite tedious. There two issues with it -> it’s a long backtracking and meteors can kill you after switiching rooms (you get ported right into it). What makes it even worse that often a good deal of the meteors are invisible -> no projectile, no marker on the ground, just a big puff of smoke and if you unlucky right on top of you dealing heavy damage. So as a solution I'd prefer if we jumped through a hole that opens up when a player interacts with Mallok's tomb and we need to complete a short jumping puzzle to get out of the pyramid safely. If no go, please fix the meteors. They need to have red markers on the ground, they need to have visible projectiles and they need to not fall at doors.

Curses
Curses are a new addition being present in heroic raid runs. Currently there are 2 curses one reducing health, one reducing mana and with each death they get more severe. I'd really want Curses to take a different approach. How about if Curses were an option on heroic raids, that if choosen would offer some extra rewards, and you could choose as many as you are willing. Here are some examples:

NameEffectReward
ChronophobiaTime is not on your side. You have a limited time of 20 minutes to finish the raid.Final boss will drop at least one piece of Fabled gear.
WitheringThe flesh withers with each death. Maximum health is reduced by 5% for each player death.Standard mobs will drop gear rewards more often (less chance to not get any gear drops).
ExhaustionThe air saps you of your energy. Maximum mana is reduced by 5% for each player death.Standard mobs drop quality is improved (more frequent, epic and legenary drops).
MisdirectionYou can't tell where you going, you have no choice but to follow the path. Raid paths are choosen at random.Final boss will drop an additional gear reward.
TenacityYour enemies are unflinching. Your stuns/slows/dazes are ineffective.Mini bosses have an increased chance to drop Fabled gear.

As you can see this would incorporate current systems, so they are not thrown out of the window, while also making them optional so those who do not enjoy it, don't have to interact with it, but those who are willing to make their runs more challenging would be aptly rewarded for it.

How would you feel about these changes? What would you change about raids?

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
  1. iOS
Season 7 with the amazing Phoenix mount as the platinum reward has been nice but my biggest disappointment with this season was the commitment to increasing randomization of raids.
When the routes were randomized and Damon said on live stream that if players did not like the randomization, it would be removed but those words have not been held up. I do not want to be forced into routes where there are aoe stuns and increased mana debuffs with no benefit of being on this route, it is annoying and frustrating not being able to run raids how we like to.

My biggest problem with Curses are about how they are applied, if ANYONE dies in the raid, EVERYONE gets another curse stack. Curse stacking should NOT be a collective punishment. If someone opens a heroic raid for public, someone with ill intent can join the raid, die multiple times, and essentially ruin the raid for everyone else. If you die, that player alone should gain a stack of curse but no one else. In a heroic catacomb, someone died by falling which is an accident but that one death cascaded everyone's health to be reduced significantly. Even at a low curse stack, Isretta was one shotting players because of how much everyone's health was reduced despite most players not dying yet. If curses are kept this way, I imagine that either less people will run public heroic raids or these will become a more toxic raid tier. Collective punishment is too much, it should only give a curse stack to the person who died.
With the addition of Curses to heroic raids, they do add some new element to heroic raids but this brings up the question of are heroic raids worth running?For the sake of challenge it is still the case that going higher in heroics brings more challenge, more so with the curses. But, is running heroic's worth it for the sake of rewards? This felt like there was no change or worse because curses do make it harder but there are still rare relic rewards in heroic and there is nothing to do with these extra rare relics besides deleting them. I would suggest adding a sell function for relics for ducats like many others have suggested prior.

CoolGamer

Priest
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Make lava deal very heavy damage instead of insta kill. So many times I dipped in the lava, and getting insta gibbed is just not fun. Especially if it happens at Zell and you gotta walk back all the way. Make it deal like 20-30% max HP per second, at least it will give a chance for players to get out, but still punish them if they are too slow to react
100% agree. With my poor dexterity I can never solo this or even with high dungeoneering feel bad when unable to make back in a team.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
- Reduce cooldown of summon spells and add a unique ability to them. This would be especially a nice change to nature hunter's running their new fabled set.
  • Summon spells 10m -> 5m
  • Nix heals the player occasionally
  • Mo stuns the enemy
  • Croaker debuffs armor/magic res
Agreed. I don't even use my Summons, because of the long cooldown and unique abilities would be great. I'd even go so far as to ask for 3 min cooldowns. 🫣

- Remove randomization and timer (see Curses). Randomization is something a good deal of people did not enjoy, and the timer also seems to frustrate some people. I believe these should be removed from the bronze-platinum tiers and be reintroduced as an optional Curse at heroic tier.
Disagree. 😬 I enjoy the challenge of of random routes and time limits. If raids are too easy, I feel like there's no sense of accomplishment. However, this isn't a deal-breaker. If the majority of players want these changes, I'll adapt. 🙂

Remove the time waster affixes: Massive, Arcane, Steeled and Missile Dampener.
- Daily/Weekly extra gear rewards should offer better quality items than it currently does.
Daily :
  • Rare: Bronze, Silver
  • Epic: Gold, Platinum, Heroic

Weekly:
  • Epic: Bronze, Silver, Gold
  • Legendary: Platinum, Heroic
- Heroic raid's final boss drop rewards need to be at least epic quality all the time. Same goes for relic rewards.
Agreed. Affixes that add no interest and simply prolong the battle, aren't fun. Give us more mechanics instead... make us run around to avoid damage. 🏃‍♂️☄️🏃‍♀️☄️

Relics and gear drop quality, should definitely improve as we enter higher tiers. I just finished Platinum and started Heroics. After running all those Raids... I didn't get ONE piece of Epic or Legendary gear, that was good enough to use or sell in the AH... and there doesn't seem to be very many good drops in the AH either. 😕

IMHO, even if the drop-rate for Epic and Legendaries is increased, it won't be game-breaking, because we'll still have to deal with RNG. 🙂

- Improve raid buffs. Currently only the speed one is truly powerful the rest is quite mediocre. Make the defense boost be a flat +8% magic/physical resist, make the damage boost be a total of +10% ability power increase (so if you have 200% AP you end up with 220% AP), and make Anton's wisdom increase mob xp by 200%, dungeoneering xp by 25%. I'd also consider introducing some new ones like: Blessing of Yorick -> Money dropped by enemies are increased by 200%.
Yes please! 😃 I'd also like to see a Treasure Hunter buff, that increases our loot drop quality and quantity in raids. Because when I'm raiding at higher tiers, I need all my DPS to survive. So I can't use my Magic Find gear. Would be great if I could buy a treasure buff. 🤑

Also, I think Jytal mentioned that adding Dungeoneering to the current experience buff, might allow players to buy their way to max Dungeoneering and the top of the Leaderboards. So, not sure if we should be able to buy a Dungeoneering buff? 🤔

Bellamere Palace
- Turn Gregory into a mini boss with a mechanic -> I’d enjoy if he had a single mechanic added to him so he’s not just another bullet sponge. Some cone or aoe based attacks that you could avoid, would be a nice addition.
- Halve Red Prince’s health regen during the witch phase -> At the moment it feels way too high. He usually heals up 11-16% health which I think is a lot, considering I do deal with the adds fairly quickly. My suggestion is to halve his health regen. The current rate just feels like it makes the fight more tedious not more challenging.

Orla’s Veldt
- Make lava deal very heavy damage instead of insta kill. So many times I dipped in the lava, and getting insta gibbed is just not fun. Especially if it happens at Zell and you gotta walk back all the way. Make it deal like 20-30% max HP per second, at least it will give a chance for players to get out, but still punish them if they are too slow to react.
- Nur -> add some mechanic to the guy, people always ran him cause he literally does nothing.
Great ideas for Palace and Veldt. 🤩👍

Zell’s encounter -> He’s a big beefy boi, but he doesnt really do anything.
- I’d add a cone/pizza attack to him, meaning you’d need to change which side you attack him on. Bronze could be 1/4, silver 2/4, gold+ 3/4 of the are being covered by its attack. This is disabled during heart phases.
- Tie heart phases to health. Limit heart phases to 2 (at 40% and at 20% health). Good dps group can already finish in 1-2 phases, but such is not always the case. 3 phases drags out an already very long encounter, unnecessarily.
- [Solo] Reduce number of hearts to 3 from 5 -> Just like the previous change, this is aimed to make the fight less tedious and more solo friendly.
I like the ideas to reduce heart phases and number spawned, but please no extra cone mechanics. I already have trouble running the chains, avoiding air attacks and lava. 😵☠️

Catacombs
- Add class mastery (like fury/lightning) mirror relics -> Currently no extra option for mirrors, catacombs also only drops one kind of relic and no class mastery relics has been added yet, so it feels like the perfect place to add them.
- Rework the final escape -> It is cool the first time but after that it is quite tedious. There two issues with it -> it’s a long backtracking and meteors can kill you after switiching rooms (you get ported right into it). What makes it even worse that often a good deal of the meteors are invisible -> no projectile, no marker on the ground, just a big puff of smoke and if you unlucky right on top of you dealing heavy damage. So as a solution I'd prefer if we jumped through a hole that opens up when a player interacts with Mallok's tomb and we need to complete a short jumping puzzle to get out of the pyramid safely. If no go, please fix the meteors. They need to have red markers on the ground, they need to have visible projectiles and they need to not fall at doors.
Love the idea of adding a Mastery Relic and making meteors more visible. I'll add that it's fine for Meteors to hit a door we're approaching, because we can see it coming and try to avoid it. But Meteors shouldn't hit on doors we're exiting, because we have no chance to avoid them. 😱☄️😵

Also, please NO JUMPING PUZZLES. I'm sooooo uncoordinated. Sometimes I even fall omw to Dijarra... have pity on meh... 🥺

Curses
Curses are a new addition being present in heroic raid runs. Currently there are 2 curses one reducing health, one reducing mana and with each death they get more severe. I'd really want Curses to take a different approach. How about if Curses were an option on heroic raids, that if choosen would offer some extra rewards, and you could choose as many as you are willing. Here are some examples:
I like all your ideas for curses! 😃

Thanks for taking the time to share so many great ideas. 👏🤩

Reactions: Dawnfire and CoolGamer
  • Happyx1
  • Likex1

Shyama

Bog Frog
Characters
way too many... :)
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
- Remove the time waster affixes: Massive, Arcane, Steeled and Missile Dampener.
Agree 100%. The timer doesn't bother me, but I loathe the random paths (almost as much as Thames!). For those of us who dislike this function, it can absolutely ruin a raid. There's nothing stopping people from picking a random path themselves each time if they enjoy that, but it feels like punishment if you aren't that type of raider. (Here's a free idea for randomization fans - use the /dice function to pick your path; odd numbers, go left, even go right ;))

I still think the best solution would be to have a "random paths on/off" selection at raid creation, but if that's not possible, I would rather have no randomization. Honestly, I don't care if it's wanting to avoid a certain path due to mechanics, or just wanting to choose the "prettier" room (I will pick the blue candles over red in Rook every time...). Just let me decide what path I take.

And yeah... arcane, massive, etc affixes are just tedious and should be removed.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I'd also like to add, that between the Raids and EZ, I've been too busy to run bounties. However, I haven't found ONE piece of Fabled gear in Bronze through Platinum Raids. Not even for another class. Maybe they'll start dropping in Heroics? 🤷‍♀️

Also... is there a system to solving Nicodemus' puzzle in Veldt and the gong/bridge puzzle in Cata? 🤔

Because after trying to solve Nico's puzzle for about 5-7 minutes, we had to give up and re-start our raid. If there's a system, I'd like to understand it. If these two puzzles are just random, I'd like to request that a system be created. I really dislike having to depend on luck, instead of skill or strategy.

Maybe Nico's puzzle could work like Orla's, with a main lever that will light the Flames in the correct order, for us to repeat and open the path?

Maybe the Cata's gong puzzle, could require us to stand on all the lit pads, to see the correct order for the gongs?

Just PLEASE give us a method for solving these puzzles, instead of relying on luck. 🥺

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Because after trying to solve Nico's puzzle for about 5-7 minutes, we had to give up and re-start our raid. If there's a system, I'd like to understand it. If these two puzzles are just random, I'd like to request that a system be created. I really dislike having to depend on luck, instead of skill or strategy.
I too wish this was something that was reworked. Trying to work out a brain-teaser under pressure with time restraints created anxiety.

Reactions: Zazie and Xantia
  • Likex2

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Now that I'm running Heroics, I have to admit that I REALLY DISLIKE the new Health/Mana curses. I already have to spend a small fortune on pots, buffs and rezzies. I feel like the curses are just making Heroics more costly... and IMHO, the RNG drops and rewards are NOT worth the increased cost. ☹️

Imagine running a single Heroic raid and using:
  • 10+ each Half Health/Mana.
  • 1 each Royal Health/Mana Increasers.
  • 1-2 each level 85-95 Shale, Gralla and Scorny.
  • 1 each Breakfast, Blighted Mana Roll, Blighted Fish Fillet and Liberty Dram.
  • Several Rezzies and/or Full Health/Mana (depending on whether I rez or run back).
  • Raid Vendor damage and defense buffs.
Finishing your raid and finding nothing but junk in your Bags. Useless Rares or Epics/Legendaries with poor stats and relics that are weaker than those earned in lower tiers, etc. 😖

How fun is that... and how many times would you repeat it... for the VERY slim chance of getting a Legendary or Celestial relic and/or a useful/valuable gear drop? 🤷‍♀️

I'd like to see the curses removed or updated to be optional, for added benefits (as suggested by @Dawnfire ).

ALSO... Nicodemus' random puzzle took too much time and we had to drop and restart another Veldt. Losing and repurchasing our raid buffs, as well as frustrating our group and wasting our time. 🫤

Helzing

Shaman
Platform
  1. iOS
Agreed. I don't even use my Summons, because of the long cooldown and unique abilities would be great. I'd even go so far as to ask for 3 min cooldowns. 🫣

Disagree. 😬 I enjoy the challenge of of random routes and time limits. If raids are too easy, I feel like there's no sense of accomplishment. However, this isn't a deal-breaker. If the majority of players want these changes, I'll adapt. 🙂

Agreed. Affixes that add no interest and simply prolong the battle, aren't fun. Give us more mechanics instead... make us run around to avoid damage. 🏃‍♂️☄️🏃‍♀️☄️

Relics and gear drop quality, should definitely improve as we enter higher tiers. I just finished Platinum and started Heroics. After running all those Raids... I didn't get ONE piece of Epic or Legendary gear, that was good enough to use or sell in the AH... and there doesn't seem to be very many good drops in the AH either. 😕

IMHO, even if the drop-rate for Epic and Legendaries is increased, it won't be game-breaking, because we'll still have to deal with RNG. 🙂

Yes please! 😃 I'd also like to see a Treasure Hunter buff, that increases our loot drop quality and quantity in raids. Because when I'm raiding at higher tiers, I need all my DPS to survive. So I can't use my Magic Find gear. Would be great if I could buy a treasure buff. 🤑

Also, I think Jytal mentioned that adding Dungeoneering to the current experience buff, might allow players to buy their way to max Dungeoneering and the top of the Leaderboards. So, not sure if we should be able to buy a Dungeoneering buff? 🤔

Great ideas for Palace and Veldt. 🤩👍

I like the ideas to reduce heart phases and number spawned, but please no extra cone mechanics. I already have trouble running the chains, avoiding air attacks and lava. 😵☠️

Love the idea of adding a Mastery Relic and making meteors more visible. I'll add that it's fine for Meteors to hit a door we're approaching, because we can see it coming and try to avoid it. But Meteors shouldn't hit on doors we're exiting, because we have no chance to avoid them. 😱☄️😵

Also, please NO JUMPING PUZZLES. I'm sooooo uncoordinated. Sometimes I even fall omw to Dijarra... have pity on meh... 🥺

I like all your ideas for curses! 😃

Thanks for taking the time to share so many great ideas. 👏🤩
The fact it’s easier to solo or 3 man raids even at heroics which make no sense is why less folks want to raid in big groups cause it’s way harder with 15.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
The fact it’s easier to solo or 3 man raids even at heroics which make no sense is why less folks want to raid in big groups cause it’s way harder with 15.
Definitely. I'm pretty much soloing everything, except when I'm helping guildies... and I haven't seen any open Heroic groups in wc this season. 😬

However, I'm not sure this is a bad thing. There's plenty of content for open groups: Bounties, EZs, Elders, etc. Maybe it's OK for high-level Raids to be more challenging and exclusive... something for players to work towards? 🤔

delux82

Bog Frog
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. Steam
alright since ive now on heroic 32 in solo raids i wanna give my 2 cents.
Overall i think the changes are good beside the massive debuffs you get so ppl are opt out of big raids all together beside the fact they are way harder than 3 or 6 men raids witch are way to easy compared to solo or 15 raids. im not sure who did the balancing but its not good at all.
Since Swamp is the only raid thats even bareable solo in higher heroics i wanna point some things out.
Its only hard because the mobs start randomly stun you no warning no way to avoid it nothing you can do just stand there and die - very fun and engaging gameplay ^^ even the bosses who announce their aoe stun sometimes just start running while they cast their stationary stun spell now please tell me how should i avoid that why does it even announce the aoe stun when you cant avoid it anyway? i wont give up and push over heroic 32 where im at now but srsly its frustrating dealing with those nonesense and when i look at the rankings im the only one even doing it because of this things noone want to deal with it and push the boundrys on my server they all stop and i cant blame them you get the same loot in a heroic 1 anyway and after so mayn runs i saw better loot in lower heroics than the high ones. also why should i even push the boundrys when i get nothing for it? i mean i do because im degenerate but you cant expect that from everyone ;))
with a dlvl of 85 now i tried other raids on heroic 1 with full maxed gear for my lvl since i did so many heroic runs before in swamp and 3s or 6s. So i do a cloister run come to mother already a bit late on time even if i pushed on fast and teh she hits me 2 times in 3 secons with 99% of my hp. oh i had also every normal bufffood dram and everything on me beside my very good gear. How exactly can you explain i can do a 32 Heroic Swamp and get absolutly obliterated in cloister on heroic 1 from a boss while the minibosses fall over in 1 rotation and pose no threat? I remeber another clioster run i enter endboss room way overleveled and geard just on gold while i was running 20 heroic swamp. so the add randomly stunns me in the first few seconds the boss throws poision aoe at me at the same exact time and i die. how is that gameplay? tell me how i should have played better to avoid that please im listening?
Im not sure who does your playtest these raids but im sure they didnt encouter that things and said oh cool that very engaging gameplay im sure our players like to die unavoidable in a raid that is so tight in time like cloister ^^
Ans while all this going on in solo noone even bother anymore to do 15s because of the debuffs so the only option is to do it in 3s and laugh how easy it is compared to 15s or solo.
I just dont know how the balance can be so different for size and raids in general. Come on stream show me how you do a solo cloister on heroic with the suggested dlvl around 50 or show us all how you do a heroic 30+ in swamp in solo getting randonly stunned and deal with announced aoes while the boss runs after you ^^
i enjoy hard content and push myself though it but what i dont like is random anavoidable things where player skill is absolutly worthless and you can just watch and die while you cant do anything.
and before ppl tell me i should get good im by far the highest solo in swamp on my server and im lvl 75 and no max lvl comes even close (even if they had way better enchants gear choises as my measly 75) not because im so much better just becasue i bother with doing it beside having no upside to a heroic 1.
sry for my rant i really enjoy raids and just getting a bit upset because i can see how low effort goes into their development and balancing. also i miss going on raids with my guild since the debiffs robbed all the fun for a big group.
Im not sure why you think its fun to be punished as a player i dont know why you think randomness is fun ppl wanna choose ways in a raid because they feel good to have options not throw into a mixer and look what happens. random stunns random debuffs random everything. Ppl play games to have a chioce what they do and then see the outcome not to be randomly screwed over.How ofte have i heard no not the last 2 raids because of the riddles to solve if ppl want to play a riddle game they play one if they want and play in a group and smash mobs with teamplay they play an mmo and not a puzzle solving game. and how is fumbeling 9 times on a switch where i get the exact code even a riddle its a boring time waste nothing more it has nothing to do with fun i dont understand where you get that idea.
And then on top of that things we have to deal with you pressure us on time so i cant even enjoy a second in harder raids since i always have to press on every single second and everything that waste even a second makes me feel bad instead of having fun with a hard challange. Maybe if your balancing would be consistant and all the randomness would be gone than you can implement a time screw for the challange but with all the things i said before combined its just frustrating and adds 0 fun.
I know you Otters are more the casual players but please start to listen to ppl who like a challange maybe playtest with ppl who have done your harder raids or speak to them im sure everyone is happy to assist you as this threat shows. we want to have fun but you really makes it hard for us. The Raids are such a great thing in general the instances are well designed in style and mapping its a shame its all for nothing with all the problems.
I hope you liesten to ppl who have played your harder content in raids who have expirienced all the nonsense you have to overcome because these ppl know what they are talking about they are not soft they are very dedicated ppl and all the bad mouthing only happens because we like the raids and wanna see them success and not beeing wasted potential.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Late last night, I had a bad raid experience. 🥺

I was invited to join a 3-man H3 Cata, with a strong Warrior and Shaman. It was great... he kept aggro, while she healed and refilled mana and I pew-pew-pew'd. 🤩🤩🤩

Unfortunately, I was clumsy and fell (or was pulled?) off the platforms, while fighting the Neanderthals... not once, but TWICE. I'd like to say it was after midnight and I was sleepy... but no... I'm pretty much prone to falling anytime (fell on my way to Dijarra, during server Elders on Monday too). 😬

But I digress... because of my clumsiness, our group now had 2x Health Curse. So we decided to give up our progress (and ducat buffs), to restart the run. It must have been frustrating for them and it was definitely embarrassing for me. I felt so bad, that I offered to leave and let them invite someone less clumsy. 😣

But no, they were so nice (as most VH players are 😘)... that they wanted me to stay and try again. So I bought ducat buffs for the second run and everything went smoothly. 🤩

Thank goodness... it would have been awful, if I had ruined a second run. 😳😵

My point is... that this was really embarrassing for me. I'm now hesitant to join open Heroic groups, because I'm afraid I'll be clumsy and curse everyone. ☹️

I don't think the Otters intended to embarrass players and make us hesitant to create or join open Heroic groups? But this has been my experience. 😣

I hope the Otters will consider removing the Heroic Curses or implementing some of the other player suggestions, such as making them affect individual players and/or making them optional, ty. 🙇‍♀️

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Interesting reads, it is odd a player successful at running high lvl swamps can’t manage a low lvl heroic cloister my only idea on why this is, is that swamp demands far less defence I must admit toxic rav is by far the most likely opponent to overcome my almost immortal defences and I normally run liberty dram on the off chance he catches me with a stun at a bad time just in case. maybe the heroic curses are a bit rough to stack from falling in catacombs.

personally I haven’t run a heroic past heroic 1 since raid season 4. They aren’t proper content if you ask me they are bound to be imbalanced and riddled with “unfairness“ that being said it’s a fun test for those that really want to test their limits (for me that was a one time thing).

With no new content the last 3 seasons raids feel stale I had a plan for this which I guess the devs rejected, maybe because it was too much of a long term solution. it was simply produce enough raids so different ones can be rotated each season (say 10 raids, 5 one season then the other 5 the next) giving players more time to miss there specific favourites but keeping raids available for as much time during the course of the year as possible. If it wasn’t for the introduction of fabled gear I probably wouldn’t run any heroics this season post earning my epic relics (epics come easy and quick and are worth the grind, legendary & celestials are not)

in regard to raid group sizes 2-3 players seam bugged I reported it but haven’t seen anything from the devs, basically the scaling is way off and raids with these amounts of players are way too easy. Think I did a plat one where I was 90% of the damage output and it felt like a bronze/silver solo to me.

Reactions: CoolGamer and Xantia
  • Likex2

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
With no new content the last 3 seasons raids feel stale I had a plan for this which I guess the devs rejected, maybe because it was too much of a long term solution. it was simply produce enough raids so different ones can be rotated each season (say 10 raids, 5 one season then the other 5 the next) giving players more time to miss there specific favourites but keeping raids available for as much time during the course of the year as possible.
I really think this is an excellent idea! 🤩👍

I'd also enjoy raid esthetics, that change with the holidays, seasons or EZs. 💐🌳🏖🌴🍁🍂☃️❄️

Imagine a Spring Vale Woods (with glowing mushrooms and flowers)... a Sugarsweet Rookery... a Haunted Palace... a frozen Winter Cloister... Oasis Veldt or Snowy Winter Catacombs... 😍

I think just a change of scenery every few months, would make raids more enjoyable. 🙂

Reactions: Dawnfire and CoolGamer
  • Likex2

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+ 12more
Platform
  1. PC
just remove the timers completely, then they are worth doing, also do not remove the stuff you find after the season ends (relics)

as they are now i do not see any benefit in doing them at all, i do not like to rush things and absolutely HATE time based content in games.
and why should you put time and efford in stuff that wil disapear

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
the timers kinda are needed to make efforts and dps relevant. Without them the content would be the same as every other piece of content the game already has But perhaps the devs could allow you to finish the raid no matter what instead of cutting you off if you pass the time? Maybe even offer a lesser reward, so slower people don’t feel the content completely excludes them?

I’ve never had a problem with relics, I think the reason is I just see them as a buff consumable that lasts a really long time. The people who see them like gear will of course dislike them but they aren’t gear they just look like gear.

Reactions: Phergus and Xantia
  • Likex2