CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
As a structural engineer, I definitely understand field issues arising that push back anticipated scheduling. I feel Sarah's pain when she said she couldn't give an estimate on release date. There's been so many times I've had to tell a client that I just didn't know and they tend to not understand lol. Devs, you guys just keep doing what you're doing, we know you're working hard to keep your player base content. 😁
i agree, i work in telcom design and I see this all the time too.

Reactions: Tareco
  • Likex1

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
I heard it is like those mobs around king Minos and koggenstein (?). If too many are already ganging up on you, they'll wait their turn until a few are removed, only then they'll move in
that part is actually fun

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
If I’m not mistaken we are now in week 7 of the current EZ. with three big things on the horizon raids, housing and grinchita. it’s entirely possible the devs want all 3 done before years end (pretty sure they have said this between streams and forum posts) but that’s a lot of work and maybe unrealistic. Personally I think we can afford to postpone raids till next year so the housing upgrade can be finished, however if that is still too far off and can’t be achieved then maybe the raids are the better thing to push through. Either way one thing before years end is better than over promising and ending up with nothing.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
If I’m not mistaken we are now in week 7 of the current EZ. with three big things on the horizon raids, housing and grinchita. it’s entirely possible the devs want all 3 done before years end (pretty sure they have said this between streams and forum posts) but that’s a lot of work and maybe unrealistic. Personally I think we can afford to postpone raids till next year so the housing upgrade can be finished, however if that is still too far off and can’t be achieved then maybe the raids are the better thing to push through. Either way one thing before years end is better than over promising and ending up with nothing.
I am in agreement

Cosmickitty

Bog Frog
Platform
iOS
I’m only mildly excited about housing interiors… there’s a lot of housing things I’d have rather had. I’d be pretty unhappy if they put off raid season so I can stand in my house. You can sort of do that now (yes I know it will look different)

Attachments

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
It’s a lot more than just “standing in a house” but the fact is raid seasons have come and gone while this aspect of village life has been promised for a long time. there are players who really want to see this come to completion so for the greater good of all our players i think fair is fair and even our hard hitting raiders (of which I count myself among there number) now should take a back seat and take a turn at the back of the line.

Cosmickitty

Bog Frog
Platform
iOS
It’s a lot more than just “standing in a house” but the fact is raid seasons have come and gone while this aspect of village life has been promised for a long time. there are players who really want to see this come to completion so for the greater good of all our players i think fair is fair and even our hard hitting raiders (of which I count myself among there number) now should take a back seat and take a turn at the back of the line.
If it was the “villaging update” everyone used to talk about I’d get it… it’s not. It’s house interiors. Sarah specifically said that it is not some big villaging overhaul it’s just housing interiors. villaging quests, crafting elder levels, certain qol updates I’d be happy about, just not excited about being able to put bookshelves inside my house personally.

besides starting a duplicate raid season and coding these interiors are vastly different in how long they‘ll need to be worked on.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Maybe, that why I kinda want it to be completed asap. It feels like a stepping stone to opening up more potential but saying that if it isn’t viable to finish before the end of the year then it shouldn’t be a priority the game needs to keep moving forward no matter what so only the devs can have any clue what so ever how close they are to completion and how much time/resources they still need.

all I’m really saying is it has been promised for so long maybe the hold up is split focus? In which case pausing raid development is worth considering.

Reactions: Zazie and CaraLox
  • Likex2

Absolute Zero

Reader
Platform
Steam
guys just remembering that the reason for the delay in including the new attack was the exhaustive work that was done to solve the map transition problem , where several players were disconnected , also remembering that if this problem was ignored this could happen with you in the middle of a raid causing it to fail , it is true that the incursions were promised but it was necessary to take some time to solve this problem , as for the interior of the houses I believe that you should remain calm because it is something new and there is no point in coming only to the interior from the house , but being patient we can receive it along with several options for internal decorations or even options to create an environment for friends and the rest of the village to participate so be patient
1669251768016.png

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
True, but it’s been promised for over a year now and the recent zoning issues where ultimately caused by other “improvements” gone wrong Making me wonder if split focus has taken too much time away from the project. Think I remember the first mention of the housing update being just before raid season 3.

Cosmickitty

Bog Frog
Platform
iOS
The changes were to clean up the code. Things like house interiors are going to put even more strain on the server, it’s possible they couldn’t be added without the code changes.

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Possible yes, but pure speculation. Considering it came with more combat content it seams more likely that it was that content that strained the code. It certainly seams that villager content would be less active then say a horde of random mobs spawning from a totem.

Reactions: Renaiss and CaraLox
  • Likex2

Sultan

Mighty Warrior
Characters
Faisalkhan
Platform
Android
@Sarah Otter We would love to hear another Update from you, what happen to Raids? You said it's gonna happen somewhere in November and now we're in Late November right now.
Plus on the side note: Christmas is coming as well.

Thanks!

Best,
Faisal

Reactions: Antavious
  • Likex1

Yusha Nasir

Shaman
Characters
Helios Tankian; Helios Furian
Platform
iOS, PC
I think an important thing to remember is that not everybody is going to be happy with what the devs are doing. I've seen a few people say that they could care less about housing, including one of my good friends. While it's a big part of most major MMOs, I get it, not everyone cares or uses/will use it. I started playing this game during raid season 2, and just didn't like the raid atmosphere on my previous server, so I've never been big on raids and don't have to have them, but some people love em. I don't care for 80% of the wardrobes that are released, but some people are all about em, or for that matter, the ghost carpet. Personally, I'd rather have a level cap increase and rb6 before housing, but hey, I'll use housing too lol. I'm proud of them for keeping something going. Just kinda wanted to state that, even if we aren't excited about something in development, we should still offer encouragement, because the devs have to do their best to drop a lil something for everybody in order to keep their revenue coming in. Without that, they'd have to discontinue production, and then we'd all be on a sinking ship.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
No MMO in existence can please everyone. The Devs have to choose what they hope will bring the most enjoyment to the most players at any given time. Not an easy feat considering most of us are ever moving goal posts, whose ideas of what makes us happy tends to be fluid at the best of times;)
The Otters do a great job of listening to player feedback, and trying to introduce things we collectively request, even if it seems to take longer than we want. Bugs, glitches, and backlog aside....V & H is still the best online home I've found. Huge props to the Otters and the players!

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Well said, even though I am a fierce advocate for strong group combat content (it’s definitely the thing I enjoy the most) I try to embrace and encourage all aspects of the game. Never outright rejecting any. I also strive to enable others too :)

Ozul

Citizen
Platform
iOS
I think an important thing to remember is that not everybody is going to be happy with what the devs are doing. I've seen a few people say that they could care less about housing, including one of my good friends. While it's a big part of most major MMOs, I get it, not everyone cares or uses/will use it. I started playing this game during raid season 2, and just didn't like the raid atmosphere on my previous server, so I've never been big on raids and don't have to have them, but some people love em. I don't care for 80% of the wardrobes that are released, but some people are all about em, or for that matter, the ghost carpet. Personally, I'd rather have a level cap increase and rb6 before housing, but hey, I'll use housing too lol. I'm proud of them for keeping something going. Just kinda wanted to state that, even if we aren't excited about something in development, we should still offer encouragement, because the devs have to do their best to drop a lil something for everybody in order to keep their revenue coming in. Without that, they'd have to discontinue production, and then we'd all be on a sinking ship.
I would say no to 6 rbs and extended level since I rather prefer a villaging (not housing) update over anything to make it more better. Sigh not my game but just been nice it would get a major update that has a lot of potential and a huge fan base.. for raids I’m just curious if this season has additional tough as nails for heroic levels. Maybe no rezzies are aloud. :D