CoolGamer

Priest
Characters
coolblue17
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
It looks like there has been some significant change to D. Lvl, XPs and recommended tier. Though I am able to run the raids, it messes my brain compared to what I expected from a previous raid season. Does anyone has any insights how all these values are calculated for this season and any penalties?

Bratu

Legendary Hero
Characters
bratu
Platform
  1. Steam
Being a fury warrior level 95, with 5 rebirths, and raid equipment, it cost me to finish platinum with a dungeon level 30. I don't know if I advanced very quickly but I reached platinum with a level which I think was not suitable for that tier , it was not impossible but I resorted to a large number of life potions (from swamp to catacomb, I had 400k life).

Reactions: CoolGamer
  • Likex1

CoolGamer

Priest
Characters
coolblue17
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I don't know if I advanced very quickly but I reached platinum with a level which I think was not suitable for that tier
That is exactly my confusion. I am just starting but d lvl is not progressing enough to match the recommended tier level. Do I have grind more at current tier, but I do not get enough XP to level up since higher tier is unlocked??

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
I have seen no need for D.lvl restrictions in any open 15 man raids I have been running just finished a round of plats (except reach, its mechanics aren’t random group friendly but I’ll try again with this soon)

because of this and the new change that higher tiers give more exp it is my recommendation that all players simply join the highest tier raids they can regardless of which tiers they have finished and all people that can should open the biggest highest tier raids they can for the sake of getting as many people as possible more D.lvl exp. At least until anyone starts to struggle that is at which point D.lvl restrictions can be set but I really don’t see the servers best having to do that.

• Likex1

Bratu

Legendary Hero
Characters
bratu
Platform
  1. Steam
That is exactly my confusion. I am just starting but d lvl is not progressing enough to match the recommended tier level. Do I have grind more at current tier, but I do not get enough XP to level up since higher tier is unlocked??
Maybe you can apply my method, I finished all the platinum and started heroic, now I am doing heroic bandicoot one after another, raising the heroic tier and raising my level quickly, then when I reach a bandicoot that I can no longer continue, maybe h20, go to another raid and raise the heroic tier and improve my level again

Elijah Lin

Lumineer
Characters
Fairy Prince Eli
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
I really quite like the slow start of lvling up the d.lvl before they patched it and it went up and up!

It's really messed up in my head how the d.lvl should work from the previous raids we had, compare to now, it's all chaotic and a free for all. (Not free for all is bad but now, with the current d.lvl leveling up much faster, it hard to measure or judge a players adaptability, team work or a gauge of their achievement getting into the higher raiding tiers!)

In the current rate for lvling up d.lvl, it feels like its encouraging players just to partake raids, just like ez, the more time you do it, the more ez currency you get, instead ez currency, you leveling up d.lvl, which is still a gain.

The thing is, it will give rise a problem which I am seen a few times.

I've noticed there are open 15ppl raid where they leave the entry d.lvl 1 on platinum tier - not that I will say it's 100% fail but it is open up to the highest possibility of randomisation and fail - depending on the goals of the raid and the high adaptability and competent players leading it or joining - not a guarantee.

1. if it's just for fun (regardless fail or pass) no issue.

2. This is more my concern and goal:
• want to have fun being a team
• want to have the highest successful rate to complete a raid
• want to have competent players who can hold their own ground and play their role and understand how the puzzles.
• And cannot measure or judge from just the leader of the open raid, problem.

3. There are other kinds of players who tagalong for the XP (I'm innocent from this method lol) But from the dmg and healing and threat chart you can immediately tell who's working their fingers right.

But with this in mind, anyone can do it. And question is, with this current d.lvl system:

THEN, what challenges are left for the hardcore players if a semi casual player like me can lvl up pretty fast?

Back in the day, a few seasons into raids, I remember my max toon who had low d.lvl could be matched by a toon who was well lower lvl but had high d.lvl and ran a gold tier pretty well. And it took a while to earn those d.lvl.

Currently it feels more of a breeze in comparison from those old seasons of raids.

QUESTIONS I have:

Is this current raiding a challenge or just more of a grind?

What are the end goals and purpose for the higher tier of raiders now?

And how satisfactory and fun to partake in current raids in comparison to the previous raids?

And how have they changed? For good or for worse in your opinion?

• Likex1

CoolGamer

Priest
Characters
coolblue17
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
All good questions, I am not really sure the target of raids.
The season 7 raid was very hard to start with and then on feedback from community they eased it.
Also when I started and was able to solo even at low d lvl I thought it was easy for me because of my raid build but now with the d lvl so high now I am not sure. I am not complaining 😃, I just want my raid mount, but it would have been good to refine my build. I benefited a lot on previous raid season but this one except for getting the mount not much of any improvement on my technique.

Reactions: Elijah Lin
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
A lot has changed in the last year and a half and frankly I haven’t been able to keep up with it. First we had the mana build and all the mini balancing tweaks that followed (had to rethink everything to do with how I supplied myself with blue) next came 2 major possible changes to gear (all glyphs & stats craft able on Armour & fabled gear) and the looming doom of lvl 100 (all bets are off with our current gear and any changes we make now have a clock on them) as a result I find myself feeling that my toon and build are simply “unfinished“.

for me raids are best as content to run after my toon is finished which currently I can’t get done (mostly because of the crazy low drop rate of fables which I now feel are needed to finish my build) so instead of enjoying raids in groups for what they are I find myself constantly grinding solo for the sole reason of trying to get these crazy low drops I need to complete my build.

I’m seriously hoping there will be some major relief to how difficult it is to get fabled gear or even specific stat/glyph gear drops in the future so that I can complete my build and get back to simply enjoying raids instead of being stuck in a seemingly endless lonely grind for missing gear.

Reactions: CoolGamer and Elijah Lin
  • Likex2