Roak

Squirrel
Platform
  1. PC
So, at Lillith i counted about 12 snowmen around. Aint that a bit much? What we supposed to do about that?

I can dodge the snowballs coming from 6 snowmen, but 12 is insane,those guys are literally everywere.

Reactions: Kilgharrah
  • Likex1

Renaiss

Reader
I really like two of KAVE's suggestions: changing group sizes so there's a 2-6 player option, and reducing the number of times a bronze raid has to be completed before unlocking the next tier.
It would be nice to be able to join up with an available friend and run a 2 person raid without the raid being scaled for 3 people. This would also make it easier to form groups for lower tier/level raids because you wouldn't have to choose between the 3 person or 6 person raids. I haven't even tried to create a multi player raid because I never know which size to choose!
It would also be nice to be able to unlock new tiers without having to repeat the bronze level of each tier 5 times. Between solo & group raids, I was able to unlock the second tier with my main, but my alt is stuck at Bandicott Woods because it seems that most players doing raids have long since moved on. Meanwhile, my main is stuck on the second tier bronze raids (sigh). Reducing the required repetitions to 3, or even 4, for bronze level would make it so much easier to "catch up" to the tiers with the most opportunities for joining a group.
I do not like the inversion (?) idea though. I already struggle to get my toons to move from point A to point B without them running in circles, falling off paths/cliffs, getting stuck in everything, or just running off in some arbitrary direction. Hmmm, I might have an edge on other players if such a thing were ever implemented. :D

Reactions: Hulk, Catori and Zaphyra
  • Likex3

V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Path Choices
The difficulty or time needed between each path is still very apparent right now that pretty much almost everyone always pick the same path on every run. Each choices also doesn't really make the run feel different since it doesn't really add anything to the run, mostly we just pick which one is easier and faster. I think it will be cool if for example choosing the left door increase your damage, while the right door increase your defense for the run, or any other buffs. Combined with the affix idea above it can make each run feel more different and the choices felt more important. This way you also don't have to completely balance the difficulty between 2 doors, because you can give the harder path to give better buffs once finished.

This is something that needs addressing in every Raid. Some paths need tweaking such that they are either made easier, or harder so that they are more comparable to the alternate route. I do think each route should benefit a specific team composition, so that players would select a route based on their team rather than which one is easier.

Amelia vs Woodfred - Bandicott Woods
Not only is Woodfred's route longer, but his boss fight is 2 to 3 times the length of Amelia. A simple solution would be to swap Amelia and Woodfred, such that the longer route results in the shorter boss encounter and vice versa. I do think Amelia could use some mechanics though, or some improvements should be made to her current mechanics so that they stand out more.

Brewery - Bellamere Palace
The Brewery is far too stun heavy with the concussion shots flying left and right. I would suggest replacing this move for tempest of the roc instead.

Mushi vs Nicodemus - Orla's Veldt
Mushi's route not only takes far longer than Nicodemus, but the boss fight is also just as long if not longer. Nicodemus has 1 group of enemies and a relatively simple puzzle whereas Mushi has 4 groups of enemies as well as much more traversal. A good balance would be that Nicodemus has a longer boss encounter but a shorter puzzle, while Mushi has a longer puzzle but shorter boss fight. To get to this point, Mushi should become vulnerable after a single bomb blast rather than requiring 2. Additionally, Mushi should lose around 5% health from nearby bomb explosions.

Reactions: Ceres
  • Likex1

Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Kilgharrah, Gwayne, Sylvaena, GeraltOfArdent
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
So, at Lillith i counted about 12 snowmen around. Aint that a bit much? What we supposed to do about that?

I can dodge the snowballs coming from 6 snowmen, but 12 is insane,those guys are literally everywere.
Yeah, the number of snowmen that spawn during group raids seems too crazy. I was part of a 6-person run which may have inspired Roak to write this, where they quickly piled up too much for any of us to fight for long without being one-shotted by a simultaneous blast from the snowmen.

Other than that, my only other big annoyance with any of the raids is Magwood in Cloister tiers gold and higher. I go up close to the shrooms when they spawn, and prioritize looking for the shrooms, but the mana drain is still too crazy for my wizard. I'm still stuck auto attacking for a majority of the fight, and it's infuriating because (unless I'm missing something) there is no further strategy to avoid that problem. I can kill a shroom and then quickly end up back in the situation of only having one attack I can launch once my mana regenerates to around 1000!

I would definitely like to see the different path choices be more meaningful. I saw concern expressed above about added difficulties to some raids being biased against squishier classes, but perhaps that could be addressed by setting up binary path choices so that one option is always less deadly at the cost of being trickier in some way. There are already a couple of path choices that are kind of like that, but as has been pointed out, there is currently a universally easier choice in most cases.

Reactions: Roak
  • Likex1

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Other than that, my only other big annoyance with any of the raids is Magwood in Cloister tiers gold and higher. I go up close to the shrooms when they spawn, and prioritize looking for the shrooms, but the mana drain is still too crazy for my wizard. I'm still stuck auto attacking for a majority of the fight, and it's infuriating because (unless I'm missing something) there is no further strategy to avoid that problem. I can kill a shroom and then quickly end up back in the situation of only having one attack I can launch once my mana regenerates to around 1000!
Absolutely correct, imo it is even useless to kill the fungi, because as soon as it is dead (you already waisted your attacks on him), almost immediately magwood drains all your mana again :(
The time between you kill the fungi and mag starts the mana draining should he a bit higher.

Reactions: Roak
  • Likex1

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
spider frenzy

:oops: Never seen it, hope I never do.

Absolutely correct, imo it is even useless to kill the fungi, because as soon as it is dead (you already waisted your attacks on him), almost immediately magwood drains all your mana again :(
The time between you kill the fungi and mag starts the mana draining should he a bit higher.

He doesn't drain all your mana, he makes attacks cost more. Use cheap attacks. Fireball is free. When I fight him I alternate fireball and combust. Do not even think about using mana fire and you'll be a-okay.

The fungi is still unreliable in a group, even if I hit it AND stand right on top of it, sometimes I don't get any benefit from it. Fortunately I only do group with my (fire) wizard and he doesn't have mana problems. Did it on gold solo today and ended up with a charge of mana maggots left after he was dead but again, wizard, no big deal. (And it wore off by the time I got to the boss.)

CrazedHermora45

Legendary Hero
Characters
Jyrimoor
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I 100% agree with the part that runes from the relics should be feats that can be applied to weapons.
I would love to see these become permanent and morphed into runes so they can be attached to gear.
This. I do enjoy how relics are set up, but this would make it worth running raids in my opinion. High hopes for this one.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I 100% agree with the part that runes from the relics should be feats that can be applied to weapons.
This. I do enjoy how relics are set up, but this would make it worth running raids in my opinion. High hopes for this one.

You guys have lots of free spaces for new runes on your weapons and gear? That's nice. I don't, and I hate this idea.

Areem

Master Crafter
Platform
  1. PC
I have had some issues with zells heart getting Aegis, which I feel they shouldn't get, considering the fact that they don't attack you.

Reactions: Lalocat
  • Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
I have no significant problems with the new raid, yes lava sucks but it’s just different and that’s never a bad thing.
But for me there are 3 major things I dislike about this raid season

1. i remember a thread about stuff we would like in the duccat shop and correct me if I’m wrong but nothing changed or was added (I got everything I wanted last season)

2. I don’t like that they changed rookery it was my favourite raid :( now it’s too much like a Disney ripoff (Elsa now summons olaf’s to throw snow balls….common really?)

3. relics are basically the same I was hopeing for a whole new set to play with instead I only got 2 new ones and still only one mirror option.