sirbabbo

This is problematic issue with two different spectrums. On one side we can see lvl 95s being wanting more from content from raids to have a more challenging experience and then other side is where from a low level experience is the opposite to a 95 and should be included which in conclusion it would be going in circles.. so in reality many points are valid and there is no winning formula since all are going through unique playing experiences that are different and wonderful to see, which we can respect!

Personally i know that I have tested this season and other seasons as a 95 and as a low level and see that both experiences are 100% different. My 95 fury, wizzed around in 5 mins or less in bronze and sometimes silver. Yes I am that one 95 that got it in 8 days the nameplate. On the other side, my lvl 44 fire wizard took 10 mins in bronze, good solid 3 mins at the boss. Maybe I feel it can get to silver solo but other then that without no help can’t go to gold. So yes there is the challenge right there :)

But the game doesn’t suggest how raids should be worked, so if your new and see raids you want to get the reward? I Can’t blame them and yes why should they be left out if they wish to participate in all levels? Also on the flip side with the overall stats for lower levels to understand from the raid seasons that 98% of people in season 2 who got the nameplate were 95, so it is kinda in a way designed for 95s past platinum level. But on the flip did people quit since it was impossible to progress without help and then relying on people to help? Again as a low level it is a challenge in its self that 95s don’t understand since we forget about it or not even understanding.. Smash those buttons as hard as you can at lvl 44 with no results and then see the higher player toons not wanting to hold over? Kinda deflating.

I think the way raids it is set up from bronze to platinum level is set fine, that causal to hardcore are freely to do what they want I agree with that philosophy and that’s with me beating in raids in 8 days..

Final thoughts and a mere suggestion that maybe change it to heroic levels have its own tier system to reward 95s or players wanting the next challenge as a better solution to then change what we have right now that anyone could possibly earn to avoid conflict from the meaning of the post.

Oh and add catapults

Reactions: Kilgharrah and Regar
  • Likex2

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
ok my 2 cents:
So as someone who did 1st season but stranded at 3 raids for the horse, my frustration and irritation grew. It grew to the point that, at season 2, I did absolutely nothing in the raids.
Short of time, too difficult, failing at the last few secs, too ... whatever, anything time related gives me the creeps ane then no maps :(
So season 3 started, again with no extra hurah from me. But after week or so, seeing so many other people doing them - community at this point seems to be of great help.

ok time for me to go raiding, and yes lots of changes - lol from my part too. I started to enjoying them. Not all of course.
I did a lot solo, also on gold. A few 3-party and 6-party here and there and also a few chaotic 15-group. Got help on a few other gold raids. ty community. Not all of course. btw I'm a fire wizard.
Bandicott Woods: time is a bit too short. and at bronze should be only 1 corrupted/vile tree
Bellamere Palace: at bronze: a bit less guards everywhere, and at the Prince, lesser witches - can be more at higher level
Flooded Cloister: at bronze: again lesser groups or at the garden lesser spiders/bees - time felt ok
Mulgrew Swamp: at bronze kill less cave brutes as objective and at least 1 group less - skullhounds: 1 group less - a bit more time
Chanteuse's Rookery: what can I say: short of time - and far too many ice elementals at Lilith as bronze
Orla's Veldt: all, what a pain to die instantly, certain at bronze, the jumping at the puzzle- at bronze: too many hearts to kill at Zell and the run back when you die :( Time too short - I already lost so much time on the Nico puzzle, that it was sometimes not even worth to move on. Maybe an extra hint?

The group size 15 = imo a number you can drop - no idea if it is done a lot. I went on a few of them but it was a lot of chaos.

Did I like them? More or less. Will I be dedicated to them at higher and higher level or other toons: absolutely no

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
When 15 player raids are organized and led by knowledgeable players, they're my favorite way to run raids.

No PVP in raids please. 🙅‍♀️

Reactions: Regar
  • Happyx1
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Last edited
Bandicott Woods: Zikiti should be swarmed and protected with a horde of spiders. Her AI AND dialogue is just a copy-paste of Spider Queen boss @ Spider City, and that Lv80 elder. Her current mechanics doesnt make her unique. Please surround her with her precious children.

Bellamere Palace: Laurent has too much health and too little talent/skills to make him interesting.

Flooded Cloister: Magwood sometimes re-applies a whooping 5-6 charges of that mana debuff immediately after you destroy the strange fungi. That shouldn't be. Must start from zero charge at all times.

Mulgrew Swamp: Egan is far too easy and there is nothing ferocious about him at all, like what his description claims.

Chanteause's Rookery: No problems here.

Orla's Veldt: No problems here.

Finished everything within the week. All above suggestions will simply extend our grinding by another two days or so, so there's no point in adding needless complexity in our current raid mechanics. What is best is to occasionally rotate the rewards, occasionally add new rewards, make very rare ones, and add some more variety to them. Rotate everything.

Reactions: Kilgharrah
  • Likex1

WaveChild

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Wave Child, Flame Child, Arimicha, Rasmin the Bold, & Lady Light Caster
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Love the new and modified raids. Orla’s Veldt has a long way to run back from Zells Lair to the teleporter — my fire wizard has a challenge balancing heat damage from the raid & healing —- could we move the teleporter somewhat closer to the entrance?

Reactions: Helos and Zaphyra
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
  1. PC
I had the feeling that something is off with the strange fungi. No wonder that I end up with 15-19 charges of debuff at the end:
I think the bug is really rare? Seems like to only happen if the mushroom killed the exact same time as Ravelle cast Mana Maggot Wave(the big green AoE wave).

The other thing I can think of is that you might be not close enough when you kill the fungi or the fungi timer is up and it explode on its own, so you don't get the mana maggot removed.

Meagan

Citizen
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
The other thing I can think of is that you might be not close enough when you kill the fungi or the fungi timer is up and it explode on its own, so you don't get the mana maggot removed.
Thanks, I will try to remember to stand close to the mushroom.
Still, if this turns out to be a proximity problem then all ranged classes can expect it.

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
The lava for the second half of Zell would be less frustrating if it did not instant kill but rather dealt large DoT. On Heroic Tiers it can be made to instant kill

This is the only suggestion I agree with. The instadeath lava is a bit much, and it's every where in the whole raid. It makes me avoid the raid whenever possible. I'll grit through it the minimum number of times to unlock rewards, then happily never go back.

Reactions: Helos and Xii
  • Likex1
  • Hahax1

Xii

This is the only suggestion I agree with. The instadeath lava is a bit much, and it's every where in the whole raid. It makes me avoid the raid whenever possible. I'll grit through it the minimum number of times to unlock rewards, then happily never go back.
Farmville is great if you don't like lava!

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Farmville is great if you don't like lava!

Ooooor I can do the other five raids that don't have traps everywhere that instantly kill you. 🙃

That's actually my only complaint for the season though. This week I've really gotten into the raids and I've been enjoying them a lot. It's fun to do them on different classes and develop different strategies.

Dungeoneering is really well considered this season. If you want to charge ahead without it, you can, or you can take it slower and build it up (with an xp penalty, but still possible). I wish it was better explained in game how it works though, because when I hit gold raids at level 22, it was rather discouraging. Gold raids are easy enough now at 42, which is good because anything lower gives no xp. Fair system.

I really like the chance to get rare relics early on.

The changes to rookery and palace are very much appreciated, especially the replacement of lilith's minions with snowmen.

Reactions: Zaphyra and Candy Cotton
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
  1. PC
Last edited
Raid Season Duration
I find the season raid duration is way too long, If it gonna be this long might as well just made it permanent. Mid season balance changes is always a bad idea no matter which direction it goes, with shorter season duration, the changes can always be done for the next season instead.

Raid Unlocking and Repetition.
This always has been my issue since season one of raid. I'm still not sure what is the point of making us do each tier from scratch again multiple time every season, repeating things that pretty much has 100% chance of succeeding multiple times just doesn't suit me, I feel like the game waste my time, rather then me wasting my time on the game. I much rather repeat the raid 50 times failing figuring what should be done, but only need to succeed once rather than repeating raid with 100% chance of success 5 times.

Raid Structure
I feel like the raid structure another "waste my time" scenario. Most of the raid duration spend on just running around and killing trash mob while the boss fight is way too short. This make the star of the show the bosses don't have enough time to flesh out their mechanics. There are lots of example of this like Ravelle for example nowadays, even in big group he barely ever use his the clone spell may be once, and he'll die. Zikitti boss that most probably regard one of the easiest, but if you ever happen to stumble on a group that take more than 5 minutes killing her the spider frenzy at the end is pretty fun. While on normal group she barely squeezed out her 2nd spider.

So yeah would love if the time distribution and can be more focused on the boss instead of wasted on trash mob and running around. I think my personal liking is about 2 5-minute mini bosses and a 10 minute final boss.

Mechanics
One I'd like to highlight is interactive object like candle, trees, lever, etc. One I'd like to highlight is the Pyre at Rookery, it is such a great implementation. Really love it and wish there are more similar object like it, object that make you want to keep actively interact with it, not just pull and done, light the candle and done, explode bomb and done. The effect of Inner Warmth and Unnatural Chill can be tuned even more to make the pyre even more of a central piece of the raid. Would love more things that give benefit if done right and penalty if ignored in raids.

For bosses mechanic, yes making their fight duration to make the mechanic shine a bit more might be necessary, but the recent change to Nicodemus and Zell doesn't feel good. The mechanics happen too few times sometimes not at all, but the duration of each mechanic felt too long. I wish the interval of the mechanic happen more often, but also wish the time needed to kill the Totem and Hearth to be shorter as well. Similar things with pretty much almost any other bosses. Magwood's mana maggot should ramp up faster, but the fungi should spawn faster too, Zikitti's spider should spawn more often, but easier to kill, same with Egan's shroom, Amelia's egg, Ravelle's clone, and a lot more!

I also wish there are more avoidable mechanics like the troll stuns, rune and snowmen snowball. I really like the addition of the snowmen in Lilith fight, the straight line dodge mechanic is fun and different. I think there are a lot more shape to be explored like triangle, cone, cross, etc. and also different way to interact with them like may be a cross that spin across the whole room, line of sight type that make us have to take cover behind pillars or behind the caster, etc.

Affix, Randomness, and Choices.
I agree that affix at randomness that can make the raid felt different, but most if not all the current set of affix either just make the fight longer or make the enemy deal more damage, without actually add flavor to the fight. The only few affix I like are Templar, Soul Link, and Cyclone, because they can actually change your priority in the fight. I wish there are more affix like that.

The next part is that it feel like there is nothing that can be done about the randomness you either get a Jackpot when the boss has Plagued or a zonk when the boss get Massive. One of the raid that make the boring affix more interesting is Cloister, since you can kind of choose which affix you want, by scouting the room, it by no means perfect since sometimes both choices has the same affix and sometimes the choices is too far a part that its tough to scout, but at least it make the boring affix interesting. I wonder on places where we can make choices which door to choose like in Rookery, Palace, etc. we can get like a display above the door of which affix we will face inside, so we can react and choose which one we want, this can make path no one ever choose, might get chosen.

Path Choices
The difficulty or time needed between each path is still very apparent right now that pretty much almost everyone always pick the same path on every run. Each choices also doesn't really make the run feel different since it doesn't really add anything to the run, mostly we just pick which one is easier and faster. I think it will be cool if for example choosing the left door increase your damage, while the right door increase your defense for the run, or any other buffs. Combined with the affix idea above it can make each run feel more different and the choices felt more important. This way you also don't have to completely balance the difficulty between 2 doors, because you can give the harder path to give better buffs once finished.

Relics
I'm very annoyed with duplicate relic regardless of rarity. It feels more like a punishment instead of reward. Nothing can be done with them and deleting them is a hassle and just increase the chance of me deleting something that actually useful. I still wish something can be done with them, sell for ducats, combining to higher tier one, I'll even settle with can be sold for gold.

Dungeoneering
I'm never a fan of it and this season seems to be even worst than before. This season the exp we get per kill and exp needed to level it up is the samee as last season, while at the same time we got 6 raid zones instead of 5. Which make us easily get our dungeoneering level way above the treshold bonus, without repeating raid more than the requirement needed to get the threshold bonus.

Ducats
The changes of making ducat permanent is a nice change. At the same times no new rewards in there at all is sucks, especially for those that just do bronze raid and get the reward from ducats vendor instead of climbing the difficulty tier. The armament giving wrong subclass spec and even mastery of other classes(in classless case) is super annoying. I think it can be a neat idea if there is armament with guaranteed epic with small chance of legendary at 15x the price and guaranteed legendary at 250x the price can be a cool addition.

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
In Orla's Veldt, I really dislike the random comets that hit during Muchi... there's no warning, no way to avoid them and they even hit me a couple times, while I was trying to run back to the battle. 🤯😵

I prefer mechanics that allow me to try and avoid them (like the runes and snowmen added to Lillith)... rather than something that randomly (and repeatedly) one-shots me throughout the battle, with no way to try and avoid it. IMHO, this is more frustrating than challenging. 😑👎

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
So... you’re being attacked with objects falling from the sky... no chance to avoid them... they do big damage...

You have angered someone who has a catapult. Rookie mistake, never anger someone who has a catapult.
I think @sirbabbo might have found a way to infiltrate the Veldt... and he's waiting to ambush us with his secret catapult... 😨😰😱

Reactions: sirbabbo and Regar
  • Likex1
  • Wowx1