Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
A lot of players that have experienced the nice speed bonus of the wind horse and zell hound, are now against the idea that camel should have it too. This is invalid because those players never think in others shoes about how the joy of having a speed boost mount for the first time. There is values of new players for this game, and all game company welcomes new players. When we do raid, it generate revenue since we didn’t get a raid mount from bronze, we got the wind horse and zell hound from finishing golds. I bought the elite craft/gather tools to reach max crafts faster so I can craft my best runes for raids. There is p2w in this game, not necessary from a competition point of view, but from vertical progress speed. I my self have bought so many crownshop mounts and I enjoyed their cosmetics. I paid for because I think it is fair trade. However, since the fastest mounts are from the raid, I also spent time doing the raid to enjoy what I got out of it. Tbh I am bored of all crown shop mounts because I have bought all that I wanted. Now I just hope the raid mount camel has a speed bonus so I can get it and run with my old player friends together at high speed. It would be so bored if camel is pure cosmetic because it really discounted my motivation to raid in the first place. Even though I am not f2p player, but I see it is healthy that raid provides bonus that you can’t buy. How cool is that, and I respect and admire anyone who got it. Time is money; and we spent longer time this year to get camel since we had to finish gold tier for 7 kinds of raids. I also have old player friends that would be excited too to get the camel on their alts with speed bonus.

Reactions: Tareco
  • Likex1
Platform
PC
I've avoided this topic til now. Just posting my opinion, for what it's worth (which isn't much)...

I love that each raid season/ez has a different set of rewards. For those of us who have been around a bit, it's nice to have something new to choose. :) I think that it's ok if not EVERY raid season has some kind of boost to the mount (whether it be speed or something else). Maybe the next season will have a boost.... or maybe the boost will happen once a year....or every 2 years. Whatever the devs decide - well, I'm just happy to have options :D And, if I don't like the reward, I can always choose to do something else in the game. That, I believe, is one of the best aspects of the game - we have options!!

As far as the speed boost from raid being more than bridle speed.... well, I have both, so my opinion may be slanted... However, my opinion is.... the bridle allows its speed boost to be applied to EVERY single mount. I think this is inherently better than having to be on a particular mount to get the boost. I think THIS is why the bridle is so expensive - not because of the speed boost itself.

As always, I want to commend the Otters on the job they do. It's a very tough balancing act to please players while not making their characters overly powered for the game.

XMerlindaX

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Last edited
I would have there a suggestion, removed at all riding the special features, but offer in the store against crowns and / or in the raid against ducats a bridle with which you can swim, spurs to ride even faster and riding gear to jump.
Thus one could be fair to all, everyone can equip his mount with what you would like, and the war in the forum stops ;)

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
I have bridle on all char. The past raid mount speed boost is on the mount itself. It was a mechanism to encourage raiding and award gold tier finishers with a faster mount. Bridle and mount speed bonus are additive. Since in the past people has obtained speed bonus mount from raid, it is therefore unfair for the reward to stop now; since we didn’t spent less efforts obtaining the camel.

Again, I have never been have mollusk of wind horse; because I came to the game late. Now I spent all the time, sockets, rez, premium crafting tools…things to level to 95 and have good gear to solo gold; only to find out that I can’t have a fast mount. Is the socket spent by me cheaper than sockets spent by older players? Or is my lvl 95 lower level than a lvl 95 of an old player?

Fast mount is not op. You can’t fight with mount on, it is just convenient and glorious that’s all. Since it was a feature for award hard work, there is no reason to stop it. I still enjoy my teammates riding their fast horse on top of having bridle, even if I don’t have it.

Please add speed bonus back just like horse or hound. I don’t know why such a reward has to stop.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
I would have there a suggestion, removed at all riding the special features, but offer in the store against crowns and / or in the raid against ducats a bridle with which you can swim, spurs to ride even faster and riding gear to jump.
Thus one could be fair to all, everyone can equip his mount with what you would like, and the war in the forum stops ;)
I really like the idea of having premium mount buffs and ducat mount buffs, which would allow both cash and non-cash players to buff their mounts... and I'd implement it like this:
  • Golden Bridle still gives 25% speed buff to ALL mounts. Mallok's Bridle would be the ducat version, giving 25% speed buff to ONE mount. When the two Bridles are stacked, the total speed buff would be capped at 40% (or whatever the current max mount speed is). This would maintain the value of the Golden Bridle, while giving players the option to earn mount buffs by raiding and allowing us to choose which mounts to buff.
  • Golden Speed would still give us premium run speed for our character and premium speed for ALL mounts, OUTSIDE of raids. Raid Speed would be the ducat version, giving us premium run speed for our character only, which would work INSIDE of raids. Raid Speed would eliminate the need to buy temporary raid speed buffs and make it easier to grind raids. When stacked with Golden Bridle, we will also get a 25% run speed buff and if we also have Mallok's Bridle, we'll cap at max run speed.
  • Golden Feather could be a new premium item, to allow ALL mounts that appear to fly or hover, to actually fly over water. Dardanius's Feather (from Mallok's pet bird) could be the ducat version, granting flight to ONE mount.
  • Golden Spring could be a new premium item, to increase jumping height for ALL mounts. Raid Spring (or some other catchy name) could be the ducat version for ONE mount.
I believe this system would maintain the value of premium items, while offering a way for non-cash players to earn mount buffs AND giving players the option to buff the mounts they want to ride. 🙂

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I've made these points at least twice but it seems they need to be made again.

First; There is no P2W in V&H.
The term P2W does not vary depending on what point you wish to make. It has a specific meaning and that meaning does not apply to a PvE game. The topic of P2W has no bearing on this conversation.

Second; There are no mount buffs to reinstate because no buffs have been removed.
Some Raid mounts have movement buffs. Some do not. The fact that two successive mounts had buffs does not constitute an obligation that all Raid mounts must have buffs from this point on. The fact that the Raid mount for this month does not have a buff does not mean all future buffs have been discontinued.

I understand that the current direction of this thread is fueled by passion but passion is fruitless when it loses the ability to distinguish opinion from fact.

Marcus Fury

Master Gatherer
Platform
Android
Idk it seems weird that the mount has no buffs but the otter mount is in the raid for sell which in the last event was a ez item. Confused that I can earn a ez mount in a raid and have a buff for that. Lol

Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
Last edited
This thread is a suggestion thread but not a bug report.

I understand that a game company don’t have to keep current in game value consistent with the old ones, either obtained from activities or with in game currency. Even if nerfing is legal.

The point of this thread is simply addressing the fairness of the mount speed meta, which is very central to in game reward. It is a significant reward for a mount to have outstanding speed upon finishing gold raids in the past; it is also a significant regression to not offer the speed boost upon finishing more gold raids currently. Companies can legally adjust anything; however, whether or not they listen to suggestions or considering consistency of values can affect their reputation. We players/customers have no direct power in influencing anything in the game. But the consensus is that customer opinions can be heard even if it has no direct power. It is mutually beneficial for a game company to evaluate game suggestions and prevent inconsistent values across time to prevent regression or lose of new player/new raiding interest.

Reactions: Tareco
  • Likex1

Tareco

Grand Priest
Characters
Tareco & GaiaFørce
Platform
Android, PC
This thread is a suggestion thread but not a bug report.

I understand that a game company don’t have to keep current in game value consistent with the old ones, either obtained from activities or with in game currency. Even if nerfing is legal.

The point of this thread is simply addressing the fairness of the mount speed meta, which is very central to in game reward. It is a significant reward for a mount to have outstanding speed upon finishing gold raids in the past; it is also a significant regression to not offer the speed boost upon finishing more gold raids currently. Companies can legally adjust anything; however, whether or not they listen to suggestions or considering consistency of values can affect their reputation. We players/customers have no direct power in influencing anything in the game. But the consensus is that customer opinions can be heard even if it has no direct power. It is mutually beneficial for a game company to evaluate game suggestions and prevent inconsistent values across time to prevent regression or lose of new player/new raiding interest.
What bothers me the most is seeing so many veterans being against new players having the possibility to conquer a mount with abilities. From the top of their Mallok's and Zell's they tell us that we shouldn't complain about not having the same opportunities as them (even with all the extra hard work in the Catacombs) and just settle for it (Although I'm absolutely sure they wouldn't accept to lose their mounts' bonuses for the sake of equity)

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
What bothers me the most is seeing so many veterans being against new players having the possibility to conquer a mount with abilities. From the top of their Mallok's and Zell's they tell us that we shouldn't complain about not having the same opportunities as them (even with all the extra hard work in the Catacombs) and just settle for it (Although I'm absolutely sure they wouldn't accept to lose their mounts' bonuses for the sake of equity)
Actually, those of us who have been playing for long enough did already lose our (purchased) golden winged helms for the sake of equity.

Plus, I for one do not have, nor ever will have, Mallok's Wind, Zell's hound (or whatever it is) or any other raid mount since I have zero interest in doing something I don't enjoy for weeks on end to attain something I happen to consider shouldn't exist.

As I have now stated six times on this thread, I am not opposed to new players having the same opportunities as older "veteran" players. What I consider unfair is that a free item should outperform and render obsolete some of the most expensive items in the crown shop. Time spent playing a game you presumably enjoy does not equate to real money, whatever anyone says.

Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
In game reward is a mixture of purchasable items and earnable items, that's what a healthy game should be. Do you want a game where deepest pockets and credit cards gets you EVERYTHING--sure, just check mobile phone games, nearly all of them are that way; you don't even need to find them; they try to find you.

But, is it fun to play those games? No. It is not called playing games, it is called buying games.

Glad we had historical raid mount that had speed buff that rewards hard work and competency directly in game.
If you don't like raid mounts, go to another thread. This thread is about raid mount speed. I still see people proudly riding their Mallok's wind and zell's hound, I hope camel is equally valuable, not only as a cosmetic mount, but as a functional mount.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Really getting tired of stating the same thing over and over - I am not against having a raid mount which is the equal of the paid mount, or any other older mounts.

What I object to is a free mount which renders an expensive paid mount worthless.because it's better.

At no point have I suggested I want to be able to buy everything. All I want is to know that when I do buy an in game item it won't be rendered worthless two weeks later.

Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
What I consider unfair is that a free item should outperform and render obsolete some of the most expensive items in the crown shop
I have Zell's hound. It acts additive to the bridle. Hound speed bonus didn't render bridle to obsolete, it simply just add on top of it. I have bridle on all chars.

I purchased 11 crownshop mounts with money.

Since raid mount gave bonus speed, I started doing raids. I know different people enjoy different aspects of raids, but for me, raid mount functionality is a big motivation. Plus who don't want a super cool nether camel that has special ability?

Reactions: Ceres and Tareco
  • Likex2

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Again, I have no objection to those who have a paid mount, a bridle and a raid mount being able to travel faster than my paid mount plus bridle.

What I object to is the fact that the paid mount and Mallok's wind alone are faster than the paid mount and bridle. The reason for this is simple. Mallok's Wind is a multiplicative bonus - it multiplies your current speed by 1.15. (15%). The bridle, like the paid mount, is an additive bonus - it adds 25% of your base speed. 15% of 215 is more than 25% of 100. If you have both bridle and Mallok's wind, Mallok's wind gives an even bigger bonus (15% of 240) and were any other changes to be made to speed, Mallok's wind would continue to provide ever bigger bonuses, whilst the bridle will forever provide just 25% of the base 100%.

Whichever way you look at it, Mallok's wind is simply superior to the bridle in every way.

Reactions: Renaiss and Marcus Fury
  • Likex2

Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
Mallok's wind simply made people who have bridle faster. If you don't have bridle, get one. If you don't have mallok's wind, stay tuned for nether camel.

If you are not satisfied for mallok's wind, make thread for that. This is not a thread to discuss the fairness of the past raid mounts. They are all fine, for rewarding hard work, especially grinding 5X repeats.

Reactions: Esmee, Emmyy and Ceres
  • Likex3

Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
Actually, those of us who have been playing for long enough did already lose our (purchased) golden winged helms for the sake of equity.
If you have lost confidence that this game can fix inequity, why are you still working as a forum modulator?

If you are confident about the game can fix inequity, make a separate thread about this issue and allow time for the game team to evaluate; don't use it as an argument to go against players trying to strive for equity and still staying constructive about this game and forum.

Please, no sour taste for equity.

Reactions: Esmee, Ceres and Tareco
  • Likex3

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Veterans are not against newer players having the opportunity to get good mounts too.
But I, as a veteran player, think that not EVERY new mount has to have every specialty.
Mounts being different is what... Differentiates.. them? :unsure:
This mount has no abilities and imo that is fine. Perhaps the next one will be fast again. Or jump higher. Or run over water. Or maybe no specialty. But the next eventzone mount might have something. Or the next shopmount. I don't think it is fair to insist ALL mounts from here on have something. Tbh I feel with every finger of special the Devs give us, we try to grab their hands and want it applied to all. Imo it doesn't have to work like that.

Tareco

Grand Priest
Characters
Tareco & GaiaFørce
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Veterans are not against newer players having the opportunity to get good mounts too.
But I, as a veteran player, think that not EVERY new mount has to have every specialty.
Mounts being different is what... Differentiates.. them? :unsure:
This mount has no abilities and imo that is fine. Perhaps the next one will be fast again. Or jump higher. Or run over water. Or maybe no specialty. But the next eventzone mount might have something. Or the next shopmount. I don't think it is fair to insist ALL mounts from here on have something. Tbh I feel with every finger of special the Devs give us, we try to grab their hands and want it applied to all. Imo it doesn't have to work like that.
I do agree that the mounts have to be different from each other and that's great, different abilities means different possibilities. But this whole thing is about raid mounts abilities, if you think that they shouldn't have abilities that's okay, is your opinion. If you don't like doing raids it's okay too, you can skipp the whole raid thing and go do other things. But just cause you think that there's nothing wrong here it doesn't mean that.
I'm not asking for the freaking malloks wind speed, or even speed boost, as i have already said here any abilities would be better than none.
Tbh I'm really tired of this topic, if the Devs have to say something about they will say it.

Lia Light

Shaman
Platform
iOS
There is nothing wrong to ask dev whether continuation of speed boost for RAID mount is an option. Speed is central to functionality and people are proud of mounts that show functionality. We want to be proud of this raid camel; we spent not less effort in obtaining it.

tbh I didn’t ask for camel to have more speed than Mallok’s wind; tho I can, since we finished 7 types of gold raids including the catacomb; at least more time effort.

I don’t get tired striving for what our effort can bring to this season raid mount. I want to ride my camel just as proud as hound and mallusk’s wind, running along with my friends and not left behind or get them waiting. They all have bridle plus mallusk’s wind; I only have bridle.

Reactions: Ceres and Tareco
  • Likex2
Platform
PC
Whichever way you look at it, Mallok's wind is simply superior to the bridle in every way.
I disagree with this. Mallok's wind may be a fraction faster... But, as having bridle AND Mallok, I don't notice much of a difference. However, the bridle works across ALL mounts, not just one. Mallok only works if you're using the mount with Mallok. I think that bridle going across all makes it inherently more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.