sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
The new patch stated that the raid nameplate, purple, was given to those who achieved 50 in all raid levels and the devs said that’s it. While I admire the individuals or teams that progressed, to those who truely earned it, However I personally think the name plate decision is not a good idea. Nothing in a game should be inclusive to all those who would love given the opportunity to earn it to be earned via dedicating their time. Time slots for said items should be allowed for a right of passage to get a reward.

* Also please read this as a person who is respectfully typing this out and not a post as a blasting this and that. If you don’t understand my post is an opinion, I can be wrong and I’m ok with it, it is ok to respectful disagree with me. I merely trying to give some facts that maybe would help with why some are displeased with a decision that was made. Here are some points:

- there were a lot of exploits and loop holes that were taking advantage of the system and some people earned them that way. So is it the testers, the devs or a software fault for not understanding the loop hole? No, merely whoever found it, didn’t want to report it at all and take advantage of this to gain up in levels the easy way. Could be a correct statement but also look at it from the ones who took advantage of it, it was there so I thought it was ok. Glitches happen in came and we cannot point the fingers for those who found something we didn’t. Unfair yes or no depends honestly.
My take it was nice to see it in action but was confused more to how it was but I left it as is since raids at the time for me lost my appeal and the devs did a post about it saying this needs to be addressed. So I let it be. But yet some still earned the nameplate without actually doing the hard work some others did? Right? Wrong? I’m ok with the developers best interest and decision on the loop hole. FYI it was high relics on low level toons making them, rewrite the codes, dish insane dps. But enough of this and that and why I didn’t take advantage of this and that. You know who are and it up to you in your feelings that I will respect.

The elite group of people who did earn it the fair and correct way, have pointed out there reasoning for there reward; spent time, money, mana, health, rezzies, buffs, other friends to help and yes I admire there progress to do all 50. In fact this was asked in a forum, and a few players who earnt it attacked this and boldly said on an address we are whining and trying to get something to get free. Others expressed an opposite opinion about it saying they too would love to have earnt this if they knew it would happen. To me 99.5%of the people didn’t earn this at all but the 0,5% did and want to keep it for them? Last I checked the post, Irish elf (mod person) ( i am in good deed shout out) did say to respect others opinions and any disagreement to be pm only. But the message that we could add in that post was, I’m an elite how dare you want something is mine! So we are ok to cater to this behavior? Remember I’m being respectful here and I will compromise right here:

I did suggest an idea to maybe buy nameplate in the store, on the said post I mentioned before, which I see that point as useless since it would be a way to just buy it and not really earn it like a boss. I did defend my wife’s honor by saying shame you can’t come to hox to displace my feelings. Wasn’t good but all In good humor.

Here is the true point in all this of me writing this post:

Earning yes is a good way to get something that we all would love to get. But yet the math doesn’t lie of the diversity of players from heroic level to bronze. My lvl 9 toon is no 99 in solo raids or bronze tier. I truely think a compromise on a nameplate or nameplates would of been if you get to lvl heroic or heroics in all raids you can earn it.
it’s a same level tier as the old 50/5 levels across the board. So any harm in this suggestion? Be the same way as before, but wait don’t point out the 50 challenge was a lot harder then and not now. Good point.
Comprising is part of life to cater for both sides of the spectrum and let’s be fair here, why is a nameplate so important that you don’t want others to achieve? Let’s go for the compromise, you get to heroic one tier, earn a green plate, Second heroic tier, earn a gold one form season 1 raids, and heroic 3, earn a purple name plate.

—- I also want to back up and hope you can see my view on raids:

Me: But I too did all that, (mana pots, health pots, rezzies etc) in the first raid season, i ran a 3 team with 2 other players to get my gold nameplate and my 2nd favorite horse of the game! (Hint 1st is lighting horse). I got the rewards earned which was 60 raids at different times that were faster and different bugs that had us challenged.
Then after lvl 20 in all, I wanted to challenge my solo capabilities and I was top 5 solo player in us server 3. Update came in for season 2, but I didn’t get anything for my hard earned levels and nor did anyone else at all.
I got the name tag and horse and everything else. I thought we all who achieved the gold status when transitioning to the new raid we would get a reward. We didn’t so I didn’t think sour or upset but more of ok I understand not a big deal. Spent a lot of the tools/packages of raid life but carried into the next season.

Season 2 raiding:

I am a solo player, my choice, I am a lvl 95 player and have been for a while. So I wanted to solo raids, I got in my warrior class to lvl 25 in all raids apart from one that I got lvl 32. I got nothing for my progress and I spent so much time trying my best to just honestly couldn’t progress any further. I seek out tips and advice but it was the class of my choice that kept me from progressing. Do I feel like my hard work should warrant something, no not really, just want awareness to those who did the 50s that others who didn’t earned the stripes, I did too spend a lot of those things you all pointed out that you did.

I tried my lvl 94 hunter in the raids and at lvl 5 solo I was done lol. Seriously done with it since I couldn’t progress.

I tried my lvl 42 toon and somehow got to lvl 10. I used up all my sockets to make advanced gear and weapons. I had the full package of items to get me to lvl 10. I wasted a lot, I even posted over and over that raiding is for a) elite teams b)elite 95s in some classes c) not designed for low level players at all.
I spent a lot of time too in this. I didn’t get anything for my lvl 42 to get to lvl 10 in the season 2 raid. Think about everyone who tried and failed to get anywhere in raiding and seriously really wanted to do so. I even remember people wouldn’t have open raids cos if you had 3 95s and 3 25s it’s impossible to carry over. We did get lvl 29 raid in a 15 once with all mixes of levels and it was brutal. Seriously how could a mix of levels progressed to the 50 challenge?
Why there was needing of a change and why the devs so wonderfully listened or the fact no one was raiding during that time but mostly select individuals. I even stopped for weeks I got to a point couldn’t do it. Stopped guild raiding too. Please think of others who are not wanting a free ride but want to earn what you earned too! We are happy to spend our mana and rezzies and give out time to earn a cool name tag. That’s why I included gold and purple tags to be earned.

So my opinion is clear, upset yes cos I was that one person like others who tried the fair way to get 50, but I am calm now. I think if the elite purple nameplate toons can agree that it should be an exclusive reward to achieve but like what they did, we can all try to earn it too(see above). And lower levels or people who couldn’t earn it can finally earn it just like the elites.

Plus nameplates are a big cool thing right now.

Thank you and love to here your opinions or suggestions or point outs in missed in a respectful manner as intend this to be.

Shyama

Bog Frog
Characters
way too many... :)
Platform
Android, PC
I can understanding wanting something for completing platinum before the changes. However, the part that stands out to me, is what Vittoria said in her initial post on the subject: "and with no notice given to make this goal achievable for others."

I personally don't like raids. They honestly bore me to tears. But I can grind bounties for hours (even in blight!) and I know people who dislike doing that as much as I dislike raids. I know it's an MMO, but I'd rather solo as much as possible because playing in a group makes me feel super awkward so it's not as much fun for me. It's just different gameplay styles, what appeals to each of us, and how we can enjoy the game in our own ways; which is great and one of the things I love about V&H.

However- if the reward from doing raids is something I really want, I'll try to push myself to do it. I wanted the gouger pet to match my zebra mount, so I did enough raiding to get that. If the season had started with the knowledge that a purple portrait frame/name plate was an option, I may have tried to go for it. The green is okay but not my favorite, and definitely wasn't worth the resources or effort for me.

Giruv

Merchant
Royal Guardian
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I can agree with what you're saying. In general I think mid season change is a bad idea, it was just like 2 weeks(?) left on the timer, they could just let season 2 over and wait for season 3 to push for the raid changes. On the other hand they had promised the change since like 2 months ago and some player is waiting for the change before committing to raid, so they are in a peculiar spot.

Also agree that the lack of notice and reward distribution is what make it bad. I know some player that is at challenge level 45+, which is really close, but not there yet, with the reward distribution they basically got nothing for their effort, to some extent the even lose their progress.

Adding the Purple Mallok's Resurgence Pack to be obtainable is a fair argument too. I don't think it should be from crown shop or ducats tho. May be adding it to somewhere around Heroic 15(?) can be a fair compromise.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
just make it an option you have the choice between green or purple....people who made it before got both, people after get to choose which one. I probably would of tried for purple as well. But I most likely would of never made it. Haha.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I am not going to say anything about right or wrong, I just want to point two things out.
1) if the build had been pushed back 2 weeks so the season had ended, sugar sweet would have been even later, because it was part of the build.
2) I don't think the exploit was a part of the people who got the purple nametag, afaik (but I could be wrong) the exploit came in with the changes from levels raid to four tiers raid. By the time the exploit came, those people also got their purple plate, they reached platinum before it (again, afaik)

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
"and with no notice given to make this goal achievable for others."
However- if the reward from doing raids is something I really want, I'll try to push myself to do it.
On the other hand they had promised the change since like 2 months ago and some player is waiting for the change before committing to raid, so they are in a peculiar spot.
Also agree that the lack of notice and reward distribution is what make it bad. I know some player that is at challenge level 45+, which is really close, but not there yet, with the reward distribution they basically got nothing for their effort, to some extent the even lose their progress.
These 4 points, can they just be repeated over and over on loop?
Scenario 1 - The start of the season raids were so bad people just didn't raid and wanted to wait until the tier rework. Can't get reward that wasn't advertised because they didn't want to play raids that were incredibly resource heavy, badly scaled, and raid groups were terribly inclusive.
Scenarios 2- Don't like green and therefore didn't raid this season, likes purple but can't obtain because they didn't want to go for something they didn't like (green).
Scenario 3 - 2 weeks left in season, 12 raids left, that's fine there's no rush to get platinum tier. 2 hour notice for new tier system and because you didn't do something earlier than advertised, can't get the reward.

In my opinion, rewards that are completely limited, one offs, unannounced are terrible for gaming communities. They are catalysts for dividing communities from elitists, hard core players, and casuals where elitists are continually rewarded. This season's high tier reward was Mallok's Mark, introducing the Resurgent to be super inclusive unannounced is trouble. It should not have been made unannounced at all.
While I initially suggested to have it in the ducat shop for those who reached platinum, these ideas are better.
Or even a combination of the two, once completing platinum tier, you can pick one. If you choose to continue further, you can obtain the other one.
Adding the Purple Mallok's Resurgence Pack to be obtainable is a fair argument too. I don't think it should be from crown shop or ducats tho. May be adding it to somewhere around Heroic 15(?) can be a fair compromise.
just make it an option you have the choice between green or purple....people who made it before got both, people after get to choose which one.

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
I am not going to say anything about right or wrong, I just want to point two things out.
1) if the build had been pushed back 2 weeks so the season had ended, sugar sweet would have been even later, because it was part of the build.
2) I don't think the exploit was a part of the people who got the purple nametag, afaik (but I could be wrong) the exploit came in with the changes from levels raid to four tiers raid. By the time the exploit came, those people also got their purple plate, they reached platinum before it (again, afaik)
1) understand about the ez patch coming up and people wanting to do that, but if that was the case why not announce the nameplate two weeks in advance if it was going to happen? Or put on hold the tag and have us select an option. Like some people said they would love to know this and ideally a choice of green or purple would be fantastic and would of tried to do raids to earn this. We were only told 2 hours warning so really no one else could achieve it. Seems like it would be popular.

2) exploits happened in two waves. First one was the ability to have a high relic lvl 90 and rb and kept said relic on a lvl 1 toon. I can do insane amounts of damage now. I believe some did get nameplates due to this while having someone else do it. This is the one I didn’t report because at the time the devs sent an update. Second is the advancement of raid levels. As I said is it there fault for not reporting it? Or is it a part time testers with two days notice? Or the developers for not looking at the system? We can point fingers but why yes or no is wrong is something we can debate on.

Respectfully we play to what we love to play in the game and we have the ability to choose. But the community feels like it’s not being heard at all and a lot of decisions in the past are creating a lot of issues. This nameplate debate was basically shut down and was a poor decision to not actually sit down to give us the option.

The Dutchess

Mighty Warrior
Platform
iOS
There is a ton of exploits
Any and all exploits need to be reported. Absolutely, no discussions. I am unaware of any exploit, except one involving heroic level which has been fixed (hopefully) this update and no other involving raids. If you ever become aware of an exploit please report it. Do not discuss it with anyone but the devs/mods. Thanks!

Beachimsu

Bog Frog
Characters
Beachimsu
Platform
Android
Last edited
I dont think there was a loophole before pre-patch, who ever earned it earned with efforts, sweats and spending too much on consumables.

If devs going to make purple avaible, then they should avaible golden nameplate too.

P.S: I mean the raids before first patch.. the hella hard ones.

Reactions: Samuelreturnzz
  • Likex1

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

Respectfully, our decision remains unchanged regarding the Mallok Resurgence Flair Pack.

We intended it to be an exclusive reward for those players who reached Platinum before the raid tier changes were implemented, and this remains so. It would also be incredibly unfair to those players if we gave them an item, only to yank it right back from them, which is essentially what stripping it of its exclusivity would be doing.

So please let me be very clear about this: there will be no changes regarding the Mallok Resurgence Flair Pack.

Now then, we do understand that many of you feel that it was unfair that you were denied the opportunity to earn a free purplish/pinkish item in-game. So for this reason, we are going to create a special new different flair pack, which all players in the game will have the opportunity to earn for free.

At the moment, there are a number of other pressing issues in the game which need our attention. So next week, when we have more time, we will be making a post with more details about this new flair pack. We look forward to hearing suggestions from players concerning its color and style.

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Sarah thank you for reading the post and the great news is extremely exciting and look forward to this! I think this will increase the raids even more popular and the decision for us players to do it correctly and fairly will be a benefit for us all!
Thank you for the compromise! Hope the patch’s and any exploits stop!

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

Simplicity

Master Cook
Platform
iOS, PC
I personally don't like raids. They honestly bore me to tears. But I can grind bounties for hours (even in blight!) and I know people who dislike doing that as much as I dislike raids. I know it's an MMO, but I'd rather solo as much as possible because playing in a group makes me feel super awkward so it's not as much fun for me. It's just different gameplay styles, what appeals to each of us, and how we can enjoy the game in our own ways; which is great and one of the things I love about V&H.
How dare you think, feel and play exactly the way I do! ;)
Don’t want to hijack this thread, but have given much thought to this particular subject.

Reactions: Shyama
  • Hahax1

Belles Helles

BRA Member
Characters
Belles Helles, Bella Black, BellaShay
Platform
Android
Hiii all. I haven't read through all of the posts but I did see a few things I felt compelled to chime in on:
1. The 50x5 raids were TOUGH. People knew they were tough and people knew a change was going to be made. I saw several people say they were done raiding for this season due to the difficulty of the raids. Some people chose to continue, some people chose to stop, and some people chose to WAIT until changes were made. With the changes, I think it's fair to have a change in rewards. I do understand the frustration of some regarding the purple nameplate however, I think it's fair to think that those who completed the 50x5 would possibly feel a little salty about the dedication they put forth earning the same rewards as the newer raids. I think we all agree the newer raids are much more attainable, faster, and less frustrating.
2. I'm not sure what exploits/loopholes people are referring to regarding the 50x5 raids but I find it kind of offensive. I can't even begin to express how much TIME, gold and brainstorming went into it, how many rezzies, mana pots, EZ items etc etc etc went into it. There isn't much instruction as to how a raid is intended to be completed. Other than the few things one knows one has to do, the goal is to figure out how to do it within the time frame and try to die as infrequently as possible. And it was difficult. Oh so difficult.

Bonus thought: I kinda dislike the red nameplate as it is a little confusing when doing large group raids/95s as I think there are additional mobs needing to be killed.

My two cents.

The Dutchess

Mighty Warrior
Platform
iOS
Hiii all. I haven't read through all of the posts but I did see a few things I felt compelled to chime in on:
1. The 50x5 raids were TOUGH. People knew they were tough and people knew a change was going to be made. I saw several people say they were done raiding for this season due to the difficulty of the raids. Some people chose to continue, some people chose to stop, and some people chose to WAIT until changes were made. With the changes, I think it's fair to have a change in rewards. I do understand the frustration of some regarding the purple nameplate however, I think it's fair to think that those who completed the 50x5 would possibly feel a little salty about the dedication they put forth earning the same rewards as the newer raids. I think we all agree the newer raids are much more attainable, faster, and less frustrating.
2. I'm not sure what exploits/loopholes people are referring to regarding the 50x5 raids but I find it kind of offensive. I can't even begin to express how much TIME, gold and brainstorming went into it, how many rezzies, mana pots, EZ items etc etc etc went into it. There isn't much instruction as to how a raid is intended to be completed. Other than the few things one knows one has to do, the goal is to figure out how to do it within the time frame and try to die as infrequently as possible. And it was difficult. Oh so difficult.

Bonus thought: I kinda dislike the red nameplate as it is a little confusing when doing large group raids/95s as I think there are additional mobs needing to be killed.

My two cents.
I concur I choose to not suffer therefore not earning the purp plate.. I'm good with it. That was hard earned.

Reactions: IrishElf and Kulshan
  • Likex2

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Hi, Everyone,

Respectfully, our decision remains unchanged regarding the Mallok Resurgence Flair Pack.

We intended it to be an exclusive reward for those players who reached Platinum before the raid tier changes were implemented, and this remains so. It would also be incredibly unfair to those players if we gave them an item, only to yank it right back from them, which is essentially what stripping it of its exclusivity would be doing.

So please let me be very clear about this: there will be no changes regarding the Mallok Resurgence Flair Pack.

Now then, we do understand that many of you feel that it was unfair that you were denied the opportunity to earn a free purplish/pinkish item in-game. So for this reason, we are going to create a special new different flair pack, which all players in the game will have the opportunity to earn for free.

At the moment, there are a number of other pressing issues in the game which need our attention. So next week, when we have more time, we will be making a post with more details about this new flair pack. We look forward to hearing suggestions from players concerning its color and style.
Are there any updates on the flair pack?

Reactions: sirbabbo
  • Likex1