QUIVERS YAY or NAY

• Yay

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • NAY

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Im a grumpy pants,, Who cares about you silly hunters!

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Total voters

inkpenguin

So priest, shaman, and warriors get their shields, Wizard gets ( who cares about wizards!..........Jk maybe they can have tomes for their back eventually) but more importantly us Hunters( which I always call Archers ) really get the short end of the stick . I mean pulling arrows out of thin air is amazing and all, but some of us like looking at nice material items on our backs, just think of all the wasted chances at bringing money in to your events, like for example we could have had quivers in Sugarsweet or crown shop that looked like a bouquet of roses, or a box of chocolates, or even licorice sticks, and that's not even covering other events. I know it takes a lot to program all those stats and stuff, but I think a lot of us Archers would be happy even if the quiver just started out us a vanity/cosmetic iem, so I say anyone else want quivers Yay or Nay?!

Villy

Villager
Platform
Android
I Voted Nay For obvious reasons:
-Late Game or at max level when geared, stats going to DR anyway.
-having off-hand just for stats is dull & boring
-rather Dev be creative and make hunter have pet food as off-hand where you can select any pet you own, and summon it for battle like relic pets but let hunter pet scale with hunter bow in terms of auto dmg from pet, and perform way better than relic pet. Also, let hunter allow to use pet's special feat (some mob type do have atleast one feat they always cast in the wild) and hotkey the feat onto bar. Of course this option be the most creative & probably hard to code hoping it won't contribute extra game lags depending on server population.
-if want comestic option then that is fine but adding quivers or off hand for stats is pure laziness/uncreative from dev if ever added to game
-other ideas i havent thought of yet *logging off*

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
So priest, shaman, and warriors get their shields, Wizard gets ( who cares about wizards!..........Jk maybe they can have tomes for their back eventually) but more importantly us Hunters( which I always call Archers ) really get the short end of the stick . I mean pulling arrows out of thin air is amazing and all, but some of us like looking at nice material items on our backs, just think of all the wasted chances at bringing money in to your events, like for example we could have had quivers in Sugarsweet or crown shop that looked like a bouquet of roses, or a box of chocolates, or even licorice sticks, and that's not even covering other events. I know it takes a lot to program all those stats and stuff, but I think a lot of us Archers would be happy even if the quiver just started out us a vanity/cosmetic iem, so I say anyone else want quivers Yay or Nay?!
Is a very good idea, I was thinking about it and it would be a nice addition for sure. Not too big of a change in terms of balanced gameplay and it could be used to add arrows to the woodcrafting skill too that could make different types of arrows in the future.

Reactions: inkpenguin
  • Likex1

Helos

Citizen
Characters
Helos, Helox, Malevos
Platform
iOS
This could simply be an offhand item like I said in my post :p

• Likex1

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+7more
Platform
PC
you could give wizzards a wand in the offhand

Reactions: CaraLox and Xii
  • Likex2

Mutsie

Reader
Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus, Jools
Platform
PC
I've seen few more posts about this come up every now and then, and each time my answer has been:

YAY!

• Likex1

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
I do think they should do off hand items for the classes that don’t have them. Cosmetic only would be a quick fix and a good start but ultimately I would like to see stats on them too even if the stats need to come from other things to keep the classes balanced after all shorly they have always had some edge to compensate for not having shields?

Reactions: Tareco and inkpenguin
  • Likex2

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
you could give wizzards a wand in the offhand
Yes and like give more mastery for the specific (fire/ice) it is and same with hunter like +nature or mm depending on which it is as both are heavy dps classes.

• Likex1

Regar

Grand Shaman
Platform
iOS
Logically though... a bow is a two handed weapon. I never saw Legolas holding his quiver while shooting orcs.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Prior to Starfall, staffs for wizards and bows for hunters were indeed classed as two handed weapons and, like the two handed swords, had higher damage than single handed weapons. So essentially you had extra attack in exchange for a little less defence.

There may be a similar trade off in the current gear system, but if so it is rather better hidden than it used to be, since the base damage from all weapons is exactly the same at the same rarity and level.