KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
With the transition into V&H's new Game Designer Sean, I think it would be beneficial for the community to get to know him and vice versa. I bet the Otter team is extremely busy right now with the next build and saying farewells to Diet, so I am just leaving this out there for if / when they get the chance to answer some of these questions.

Since Mad Otter is relatively small team in comparison to other game industry companies, I can imagine there being a lot of work involved when an integral member of the team changes.

So here are some questions, feel free to add some of your own:
  1. What's your favorite class / spec?
  2. If you weren't a game designer, what career path would you be pursuing?
  3. What games do you play?
  4. What is your vision for V&H going forward?
  5. Who is the better brother, you or Liam?
  6. What do you oversee as a game designer (zones, quests, bosses)?
  7. Do you play V&H in your off-time?
  8. What are your hobbies outside of work?
  9. What is the first major project you're working on for the game?
  10. Are you trying to replace the "Damon Hair" meme with "Sean Hair"?
Best of luck as game designer Sean!

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Inquiring minds.... :)

What class at V&H do you like to play?
Do you have characters in the game that you play? (No, we don't want the name or server)
Do you have in mind any changes for classes?

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Adventurer
Platform
PC
Last edited
1 what do you enjoy most about working for V&H?
2 What can we as players do to make your job easier?
3 What challenges (on job or off) are you dealing with right now?
4 Is there anything you think the Otter Team is missing, and if so how would you address that?
5 Is there any topic of inquiry you consider to be 'off limits'? If so why?

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
  • Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? (And who do you think is more of an introvert, you or your brother, Liam?)
  • If you could visit any country in the world on vacation, where would you choose to go, and why?
  • What's your favorite food?
  • If you were a new V&H player, what gifts would you like to receive as a welcome from veteran players? (Pies, herbs, traders idols, etc...) :p
  • Would you like the community to refer to you as Sean Otter, simply Sean, or by a different nickname? (Happy to oblige!)

Platform
PC
This poor guy! Just started a new job - taking the position of someone who had filled it for over 7 years.... Has to learn the code that said person has done for the past 7 years, all the game history, the Mad Otter dynamic - I'm SURE the list goes on.... And now, players are throwing all the questions at him - on his FIRST day solo!!!
I admit - I'm curious - and yes, it WOULD be awesome to see some of these questions answered....but, my heart goes out to him!

I have one question to add - how do you handle stress? :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
I think today he might be wondering “What have I gotten myself into?” 😂

Reactions: Zazie
  • Hahax1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
I have one, especially serious question. Sean, are you planning to put otters in the game at any point? Inquiring minds want to know.
If so, we don't want to kill otters! We want an otter village we visit, otter pets, otter mounts in addition to the otter outfits we already have.
Regardless of that, WELCOME! :giggle:

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
Do they get test periods in America? Maybe we should wait until the test period is over before we start scaring him away, people?
A little late for that ... :D

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hey, all. Sean (The Guy Who Saves Puppies From Trees), is a little on the swamped side at the moment, trying to get his bearings, so instead of him trying to answer all of your questions here, instead you will have most of them answered in the next edition of The Ardent Ledger! Yes, at long last the Ledger will be making its return on December 6th. You can learn all about Sean then! 😁