Voyxel

Citizen
Platform
Android
Hello all.

I'm currently playing a holy priest but i'm not enjoying it.
Pure and simple.

I thought that maybe quick bashing would entertain me and so i'm thinking of making a new char who is top DPS.

What class and subclass would that be? (I've read alot but there is never a specific answer)

A nature hunter? Let me know please.

A build idea would come in handy aswell if it'a not asking for much.

Thank you all and cheers

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
There are many guides on this forum that could answer a lot of your questions.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Some are better AoE dps some are better single target. But in general I'd say Fire wizard/Nature Hunter/Shadow Priest are the top damage dealers atm (with Fury warrior close behind)

Reactions: Zazie and Voyxel
  • Likex2

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
What class and subclass would that be? (I've read alot but there is never a specific answer)
Well it always hard to tell if you don't have a specific scenario and at which level. Like for level 95 elders run Shadow Priest is still the best, but at lower level it can be bit hard to say, because there are too many scenario, like your socket usage, playstyle, etc. For newer player I usually recommend Nature Hunter, because they rely on very few spell, so they don't rely on using socket that much, the talent tree and spell also really straightforward. Even tho on group content fury warrior DPS is a bit behind, if there is a race on clearing a normal zone solo I'll bet on my fury warrior to be the winner. Roughly that's why there never is a specific answer, unless you can be more specific with your question.

Reactions: Voyxel
  • Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Hybrid Hunter and Hybrid Priest. Pure builds are a rung below them on the DPS ladder.

Voyxel

Citizen
Platform
Android
Well it always hard to tell if you don't have a specific scenario and at which level. Like for level 95 elders run Shadow Priest is still the best, but at lower level it can be bit hard to say, because there are too many scenario, like your socket usage, playstyle, etc. For newer player I usually recommend Nature Hunter, because they rely on very few spell, so they don't rely on using socket that much, the talent tree and spell also really straightforward. Even tho on group content fury warrior DPS is a bit behind, if there is a race on clearing a normal zone solo I'll bet on my fury warrior to be the winner. Roughly that's why there never is a specific answer, unless you can be more specific with your question.
True, there are a lot of variations for a specific answer like that, i understand that now.
Since i'm really not enjoying playing my priest i suppose i'll go with nature hunter or an hybrid of sorts. Are there any AOE skills for the hunter you could reccomend?

Thank you all.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Are there any AOE skills for the hunter you could reccomend?
Early on that's is probably the only Nature hunter weakness they don't have any good AoE spell, until you get the Plaguelord Ultimate then Nature Hunter become the best AoE damage dealer, but don't rush to get it.

Normally I just stick with crafted bow, because the Nature's Veil + Woodland Arrow combo deal high burst damage then just finish the bounty with poison Shot. If I got a problem with a zone that have grouped enemy I usually just use a socket and add Concussion Shot which is an AoE stun+damage spell from Marksman Hunter elder bow.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
Are there any AOE skills for the hunter you could reccomend?
Marksman hunter has 2 AOE spells:
1) Splinter Shot = Wide area damage found in crafted bows & Dropped bows
2) Concussion Shot = Wide area stun & Damage found in Elder Marksman bow
Nature Hunter has a wide area poison attack centered on you found in Elder Nature bow

Clonkie

Citizen
Platform
Android
Honestly shadow priest will be top dps if the party is slow/weak. Nature hunter/fire wiz(pre mana fire nerf) will be higher if you have a strong party for 95s.

Reactions: Hiffy
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Honestly shadow priest will be top dps if the party is slow/weak. Nature hunter/fire wiz(pre mana fire nerf) will be higher if you have a strong party for 95s.
Idk how true this is cause I know some pretty strong fire wizards and a few shadow will still out damage them... and I wouldn’t say that the group is slow nor weak. When they can finish elders with 2+ minutes to spare at most of them.

But for me Iv played both fire and nature and both have pros and cons. Only my nature has made it to 95. Nature is a bit more squishy in my opinion but can normally kill the enemy before it can do to much damage(expect on lower lvls). Yes fire has a good amount of deaths too but it also has a stun. That will save them time and again. If I was to base it off the people I see running elders out of the two I’d say fire(fire seems to be extremely popular on my server) Thoe there was a nerf to one of the spells. But it’s still very strong and if built right or right for your play style you can be a serious advantage to the group. Specially if you have blazing speed. Not saying nature isn’t I prefer nature. But fire to me is very fast paced while nature is A take your time type of class. Or go hybrid. Which I know a lot of players that do. Wether with spell and or talents.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I thought that maybe quick bashing would entertain me and so i'm thinking of making a new char who is top DPS.

Shadow Priest was top DPS before most recent patch.

Not sure what is after, probably still shadow priest, but who knows!

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Shadow Priest was top DPS before most recent patch.

Not sure what is after, probably still shadow priest, but who knows!
After elders tonight. It still seemed like shadow has the upper hand and our top fire wiz was there.

Reactions: Voyxel
  • Likex1

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Hello all.

I'm currently playing a holy priest but i'm not enjoying it.
Pure and simple.

....Thank you all and cheers
Given that you have started holy, why not convert the toon to shadow? Shadow and Holy play very differently. As others have pointed out, Shadow is a leading dps option.

That said, at lower levels, a socket or two will likely have far more impact on your attacking prowess.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Given that you have started holy, why not convert the toon to shadow? Shadow and Holy play very differently. As others have pointed out, Shadow is a leading dps option.

That said, at lower levels, a socket or two will likely have far more impact on your attacking prowess.
That's the truth Socket > class for power in the lower levels, that's for sure!