Andrux

Priest
Characters
Andrux, Andrux Silvae, Andrux
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
EDIT - an update. I did finally complete the quest using my mobile device. Here is what I did. I maxed my graphics settings and used the buffs as mentioned before. I also increased the brightness of my screen about 15-20%. This made the visibility of tienma's poof a little bit better. I think the jump is both triggered by time and by location, so you can fail by going too slow or by not following the path. This also means that you can never actually catch up. As mentioned before, not cutting corners is essential. Stay calm. Get to where the horse was and turn in the direction it was facing. Look for the horse or the faintest cloud in the distance. Stay calm and repeat.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE
I am currently playing through and enjoying the new Blighted Isle content, and I want to start out by saying that I enjoy many of the finer details that have gone into the new zones that add extra dynamics and difficulties. I think in general games are much easier in the current environment than the games I enjoyed in my childhood. I appreciate the reasonable additional difficulty imbued in the new zones in so many ways.

With that said, I would suggest some adaptation to the quest "The Blessings of Tianma" in the main quest line of the Shade branch in the Blighted Isles. I believe I was the first person on my server to enter Shadenor, and I am not sure anyone else has made it to join me yet. This quest requires 25 level 91, 93, and 95 gardening items to be combined with a wrapping to offer to Tianma. After placing this offering on the Altar a spectral horse appears and after a moment of seemingly doing nothing it flashes out of sight in a poof of spectral smoke and appears somewhere near the edge of visibility (I play on mobile with my appearance setting all at max quality). You are required to follow the horse, but I have been unable to get past the horses second position without losing track of it. The NPC/Quest Dialogue/Item description do provide some sense that you need to follow quickly and carefully. I currently have premium mount speed (item shop purchased mount). With my current speed I would consider the task possible, but extremely difficult (in a way that could be enjoyable), with base game speed, I think this quest would be actually impossible, and with the Golden Bridal I think it may be reasonably paced.

There are at least two very difficult tasks in this quest. The first is acquiring the gardening items. I have been playing for a couple years, with some considerable time off, but even with daily attending to my garden, I am only at about 85 gardening. Acquiring level 95 veggies is a tall order this early after the update with the experience scaling up so much at the new levels. At first I just set the quest aside and was happy to focus on the other elements of the content. I figured that some of the more diligent villagers on server would be leveling their gardens much quicker than me. After a handful of days I did find a generous person on the server who was going to extreme expense and effort to buff and work his gardening to quickly level it. This heartened me, and I was able to attempt this quest for the first time yesterday with his help.

On my first try of the quest, Tianma's long pause at the start was disconcerting and lulled me into a confusion. I navigated the ruines to get closer to it, and poof the horse disappeared, and I could not see where it went. The quest dialogue simply said that if you lose track you need to make a new offering... My heart sank, i needed another set of 91, 93, and 95 veggies. Not only that, but I was not sure if I had just done the quest wrong, if I was not careful enough, or if the quest was actually bugged. I submitted a bug report just in case it was bugged. I went back to my generous cohort on server. Shared what had happened and he offered more veggies and a cheaper price. In the meantime, I wanted to do my due diligence, so I reviewed all the NPC dialogue, quest journal information, and quest item descriptions. I wanted to make sure there was not missing something. I also searched online for info, and I was not able to find anything.

I received my second set of veggies this morning. I made the new offering, this time ready to go as fast as I could if Tienma was appearing somewhere else. I did notice that when it disappeared in a poof, it appeared near the edge of my visibility. I ran at full gallop on my premium mount, but, poof, it disappeared again before I could reach it and appeared somewhere beyond my horizon of sight. If my generous friend will provide another set of veggies, I plan to try one more time with additional premium speed buffs added to my premium mount. I have to admit, I am not hopeful or optimistic that I will be able to complete the quest.

It seems to me that one of the two parts that make this quest very difficult should be adjusted. I think its good to make the game truly hard, that failure should be a possibility, and I think that overcoming truly difficult game elements is particularly enjoyable. But, the double whammy of the high level mats to create the offering and the near impossibly fast chase in the quest makes this quest unreasonable in my opinion. I do not think this quest is possible for base level mount speed players. I would recommend either making the quest item easier to create (maybe 10 level 87, 89, and 91 gardening items?) so that people can more easily make multiple attempts at chasing Tienma, or slow it down a little bit so that once you make the expensive offering someone on horse without premium speed could follow.

Please keep the quest difficult though! Don't nerf it. It will feel better when we can all conquer it that way :). Also, consider adding a recommendation of using fleetrindra in the quest dialogue and a little more specific directions so that people can be prepared for the chase. I plan to use a Fleetindra on my next attempts to simulate golden bridal speed. If I can get the mats, I will try one more time with the current order of things, and I will post an update of my experience using the fleetrindra. If I fail again, I think I will wait for either a response to this post or a change to the quest to attempt it again (I don't mind asking for help, but I don't want to be a burden searching out so many of these high level mats). Wish me luck!

P.S. Thank you for the great new content!

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
Last edited
At this time, this is end game content so the high gardening is appropriate. If you need to put the quest on hold and level gardening, there is so much else to do and imo there isn't a problem. None of these zones were designed to be completed quickly.

And the trick to Tianma is that you do not need to reach the actually horse. Just note where it appeared and what direction it was facing. Get to that spot and face the same direction and you should be able to again see her. Rinse and repeat. But certainly, report if base speed has issues following Tianma's path. P.S. Make sure your camera view is pulled back; don't be right up on your toon.

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Angryx1
Platform
PC
Not commenting on the suggestion...But, you may want to talk to Sprig....he's got the garden lvls...Working on mine, but still at 91.

Andrux

Priest
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Attempt number three was another failure but an improvement. Myst, thank you for the direction following tip! It was helpful. I agree that the mat requirement is not unreasonable considering end game content, but it's a tough combo with the navigation difficulty of the task. I buffed both my run and swim speed this time. I made it to the 4th position and it jumped before I could reach the fifth position. By the time I reached that position the horse had disappeared from the next spot so I lost track of it. Sprig has been my generous veggie supplier PD :). He is the best along with you of course (and my mayor Jyin)! It was heartening to improve so I think I'll give it another shot. This may push me to purchase a golden bridal, but after this try I am even more certain that this quest would be impossible with base mounted speed.

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
I agree completely about basically everything you wrote. Thank you for sharing. I also believe the quest should remain difficult in regards to gardening level. Like you, I play on mobile. (Android here) and tried 10+ times when it was on test. I was using every single speed boost possible (including rare potions) and I was never able to actually complete it. I don't have a bad device (galaxy tab s4) and my setting are on the highest settings. Every time I was able to get to the spot across the lake, but once there I was only able to see a puff of smoke off in the distance and could never see the horse or what direction he was pointing. I entered a /bug report about this. I don't know if this will be looked at or not, so I would suggest doing this with a person on pc at the same time.

Andrux

Priest
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Thanks Seawolf! It makes me feel better that I'm not alone. Attempt 4 was another failure. It almost seems like the horse is programmed to jump before you get to it. With all the buffs, I can't get to the second position across the lake in time to see the next position after that. I have played on a Pixel and on PC, but I only used PC for features before mobile had all the features. I'm very bad at navigating on PC so I'm not sure that would make it easier for me. I think I'm the only player on my server in the zone so fa although this may have changed by now. Maybe I'll wait for a PC adept player who can guide me. Thanks again!

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I am not there yet, but I think mobile do need higher visible distance for things like this, the other one is the hidden NPC at Crystal Spire, all my guild mate that play on mobile said they can't see the clue even at max settings

Reactions: Halleebell
  • Likex1

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I did this quest today. It took me 4 tries (so 100 of each type of plant). I tried a few things and will post them here to help people. (just a note, I have premium mount speed, used fleetindra, and took a xinzen extract for just in case. I am not sure if I needed them or not.)

1. I noticed that you can't "cut off" the path. On try 3, I tried to run where Tianma was facing and skip going to the location Tianma was currently at. You must go close to the location the horse appears.

2. The new Tianma location appears shortly after you reach the location Tianma is at. Even if you aren't going super fast, the horse doesn't seem to get more than 1 step ahead of you. (On try 2, I tried running to where I'd lost Tianma during try 1, and the horse never got there.)

3. I found a strategy that worked pretty well: don't run straight to where Tianma is if it's turned. Instead, veer your run, so that you are "behind" the horse. This way, as you reach the horse (it's almost like there is an invisible perimeter), it will dissapear, but the new horse will be somewhat directly in front of you and you can keep on running. This was the most important thing I learned.

I wish I had filmed the run, but I did not :(. Oops. Missed my chance until I rebirth.

Shrubs

Priest
Platform
Android, PC
I did this quest today. It took me 4 tries (so 100 of each type of plant). I tried a few things and will post them here to help people. (just a note, I have premium mount speed, used fleetindra, and took a xinzen extract for just in case. I am not sure if I needed them or not.)

1. I noticed that you can't "cut off" the path. On try 3, I tried to run where Tianma was facing and skip going to the location Tianma was currently at. You must go close to the location the horse appears.

2. The new Tianma location appears shortly after you reach the location Tianma is at. Even if you aren't going super fast, the horse doesn't seem to get more than 1 step ahead of you. (On try 2, I tried running to where I'd lost Tianma during try 1, and the horse never got there.)

3. I found a strategy that worked pretty well: don't run straight to where Tianma is if it's turned. Instead, veer your run, so that you are "behind" the horse. This way, as you reach the horse (it's almost like there is an invisible perimeter), it will dissapear, but the new horse will be somewhat directly in front of you and you can keep on running. This was the most important thing I learned.

I wish I had filmed the run, but I did not :(. Oops. Missed my chance until I rebirth.
Did it on my first attempt using these tips. Thank you!

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
If the horse would disappear only once you reached it(am I read this right?), that means even if you failed to see which direction it faced you could still searching the whole map for the next one?

AmeliaY

Citizen
Platform
iOS

I have tried 3times on this morning, the horse always disappeared, I looked around 360 degree, but no purple cycle at all, Do you means the new horse will be show somewhere of the map? I need to find whole map? Because I did not get any notice of this quest has been failed. I think they should improve this quest to get the buff....

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
If the horse would disappear only once you reached it(am I read this right?), that means even if you failed to see which direction it faced you could still searching the whole map for the next one?
I dunno. I don't think so. There is probably a timer on it of some sort. Unfortunately, now that I've done it, not something I can "explore" and play with.

I do know for sure that you can't "skip ahead".

Reactions: IoOvOo
  • Likex1

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Once you loose track of the horse, it is gone. It will not show up anywhere ele.
Also you cannot go ahead and wait at the spot you last where, because the rn starts always at the start.

AmeliaY

Citizen
Platform
iOS
I think they should improve this quest, at least once I used the herbs I will got the buff to show I'm still tracking the horse trace. Once the buff disappeared that means quest failed.

Eris Strife

Priestess
Platform
PC
8 tries and fail. Now i can't plant the requirement anymore (Garden Wellspring buff is about to be over). I don't want to bother people to waste time growing things for me. Even if they did get the mats for me I honestly don't believe I can do this quest at all unless someone does it for me. If i can't progress in game because of this harsh mechanic then I don't feel like playing. I feel like rage quitting every time I fail. Horse disappears all the time even though i keep my eye out in the distance. I read the tips and I can't get it to work with me. Being fast doesn't help either.

Reactions: tex123
  • Likex1

AmeliaY

Citizen
Platform
iOS
8 tries and fail. Now i can't plant the requirement anymore (Garden Wellspring buff is about to be over). I don't want to bother people to waste time growing things for me. Even if they did get the mats for me I honestly don't believe I can do this quest at all unless someone does it for me. If i can't progress in game because of this harsh mechanic then I don't feel like playing. I feel like rage quitting every time I fail. Horse disappears all the time even though i keep my eye out in the distance. I read the tips and I can't get it to work with me. Being fast doesn't help either.
me too. same problem. I do not want to play again..lol someone suggested me to change new PC or mobile to try and get highest graphic setting...

Eris Strife

Priestess
Platform
PC
I don't know where horse goes when it first reaches the eastern shoreline. I was thinking it goes out to sea and not north. Either way i don't see it in distance anywhere. I never get passed that spot
This Area I lose it:
this area.PNG

Reactions: Zeph
  • Likex1

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
If we have to have this type of timed race in the game, then please let it be a side quest, not necessary to progress in the story line. We don't all have nimble fingers, fast reactions or high spec computers! I hate racing games, never could do well in them and was so glad to find a game that didn't have that. I fear I will never finish this quest and give up.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
So far I've only heard of one mobile player completing this. How many of you who have completed this are mobile?