• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.
Platform
PC
I can't remember if this has been posted already - (sorry forum mods/devs if it has - my brain is only 1/2 working today).

There have been a lot of complaints on and off forums regarding not being able to get a quest item for 22 hrs due to a bounty already being killed. I think we've ALL seen these complaints. While it's easy to say 'just wait 22 hrs and continue', that does not make the situation less frustrating for players - some are talking about leaving BECAUSE of this simple change... I don't know how difficult it would be to program...but, what if bounties/elders ALWAYS dropped the pieces marked "Quest item". Keep the loot once per day - but if a quest is active, the bounty would drop that item no matter what (unless it's an RNG item - then the normal RNG rule would apply).

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Toget, Avani
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I happily second this. The system as-is, is aggravating to say the nicest - and least I can about it without going into the far negatives. I'm TIRED of going to a new area and trying to dodge bounty bosses constantly out of fear that I'll lock myself up for a whole day. The higher Kavita gets in the game, the more prevalent I'm finding these situations to be.

I have seen a lot of changes I dislike since I came back and this one? It really is costing the game customers.

Concinus

Grand Priestess
Characters
Tindra Silvertass
Platform
Steam
This waiting game to progress in quests is something I have only seen in mobile games before and it is why I don't play them. I loose interest so fast when I'm halted in doing something meaningful in a game. I hope an update to fix this is coming. I fear for the future of the game if it is going to morph into more of a "mobile game" (in the worse sense of that label) than a genuine PC game with mobile options.

Tern

Adventurer
Characters
Wes, Inn, Hugh, Pat & Tirn
Platform
Android, PC
If they aren't able to make the Quest item drop on every kill. How about putting the quest item in a chest that the always attacking Elder guards?

Caraldor Loxana Luther

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Caraldor/Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire
Platform
iOS, PC
If they aren't able to make the Quest item drop on every kill. How about putting the quest item in a chest that the always attacking Elder guards?
They have done that with a few quests mentioned elsewhere on the forums. I admit, changing every quest (let along finding out which ones) won't be an easy task.

I don't know if they plan on doing that with more quests or not. I have 5 toons now so I get stuck I just play on another toon, but most new people probably won't have that, so it would be a game stopper for them and they might not come back.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Maybe posting on Sarah Otters post about quests would help you all more:

Caraldor Loxana Luther

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
Maybe posting on Sarah Otters post about quests would help you all more:
Thanks, I got through it today. I was stuck over the weekend so I didn't bother because I figured they would be home.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Toget, Avani
Platform
Android, PC
I love (sarcasm) that I finally get to a new area to explore and whilst dodging bounties I get a 'quest' that gives me three days of doing absolutely nothing. What a bummer. The game isn't as fun as it used to be.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I really am wondering about these Blighted Isles quests. The Herbalore and Death of a Dragon both seem to randomly have the items pop up. I've been in the specific area where I know I looked, went back and there is the item, right where I'd looked. How is that possible? If it weren't for the fact I noted the area, or found the items in that area before, then I might think I'd overlooked the area. But when I go to the area, its not there, then go back and it's there... makes me wonder if it "respawns" like zingara after someone else picked it up?

Are they all supposed to be just for my quest, or are many of us able to see the same quest items, like the Invading mobs on the Blight island? That one many times others have killed the mobs I need for my quest, and I run in circles til the last one or two finally respawn.

Caraldor Loxana Luther

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
iOS, PC
I love (sarcasm) that I finally get to a new area to explore and whilst dodging bounties I get a 'quest' that gives me three days of doing absolutely nothing. What a bummer. The game isn't as fun as it used to be.
Zorian?

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
I really am wondering about these Blighted Isles quests. The Herbalore and Death of a Dragon both seem to randomly have the items pop up. I've been in the specific area where I know I looked, went back and there is the item, right where I'd looked. How is that possible? If it weren't for the fact I noted the area, or found the items in that area before, then I might think I'd overlooked the area. But when I go to the area, its not there, then go back and it's there... makes me wonder if it "respawns" like zingara after someone else picked it up?

Are they all supposed to be just for my quest, or are many of us able to see the same quest items, like the Invading mobs on the Blight island? That one many times others have killed the mobs I need for my quest, and I run in circles til the last one or two finally respawn.
I’m honestly beginning to think the same. When you’ve gone over and area more then once and nothing is there and then to find it with out a problem during a bounty run in that same area it makes you wonder. Hopefully someone can clarify if that is the case with these quests.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I’m honestly beginning to think the same. When you’ve gone over and area more then once and nothing is there and then to find it with out a problem during a bounty run in that same area it makes you wonder. Hopefully someone can clarify if that is the case with these quests.
Yeah I believe it respawn or change spot after a certain time not after other pick it up, if you don't submit the quest. At one time i have 8 herb of the same type in my bag. The same with dragon there is a time where i only check one spot for 4 days and finally found the dragon there.

But it's not like zingara or ashen nightmare since there is a time where I and a friend of mine got the dragon at the same spot at the same time and there is also a time where my friend can't see the dragon i find

Reactions: Halleebell
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Yeah I believe it respawn or change spot after a certain time not after other pick it up, if you don't submit the quest. At one time i have 8 herb of the same type in my bag. The same with dragon there is a time where i only check one spot for 4 days and finally found the dragon there.

But it's not like zingara or ashen nightmare since there is a time where I and a friend of mine got the dragon at the same spot at the same time and there is also a time where my friend can't see the dragon i find
It’s good to know that two people can grab the dragon at the same time. I was seriously starting to think once someone grabbed it in that location it would vanish or that maybe spawn time wasn’t very long before it moved to a different location I even started to think that the dragon doesn’t actually spawn when you receive the quest but at some random time after. 🤣 just me trying to convince myself I’m not crazy spending hours looking for a dead dragon.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
3 of us in a party found one of the herbs in the same spot. Another time someone showed me a spot where there was another one. We both saw it.
I'd like to know what the mechanic is for these items, people are getting discouraged when they cannot find them. Maybe an explanation of how it works would help.

Puffdragon

Adventurer
Platform
iOS
This is still happening. I hope the devs will try to fix this so called “quest stopper” Im doin merry barks quest but i already killed the bounty boss from previous/another quest. I did wait 22hrs for it to drop the item needed.

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
I can’t speak directly about what’s on test currently, but you should be aware that this problem isn’t taken lightly. Otters know about it and are working toward addressing it in a significant and meaningful way.