Master Blacksmith
Characters
Cad, Lady A., Obould,
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. Android
  3. PC
  4. Steam
So with one of my toons I am trying to make him a complete villager with little to no levels in combat. I have reached a roadblock though. As part of the master blacksmith quest I have to go and slay karackus and the problem is that you have to be in a certain COMBAT level range to get drops. So my suggestion is that if you need something for a quest (inferno oil, ect.) if you can help kill the thing you need to kill to get it that thing should drop but unless you are withing the combat range you need to be in to get normal drops you dont get anything else even xp. That would allow players that would like to be complete villagers be complete villagers and get the AMAZING xp buffs you get from completing the lv40 crafting quests.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Yes, but villaging isn't the main part of the game, and you cannot rely on the villaging quests to include NO combat. Combat is the main part of the game, so there is gonna be LOTS of combat. They only made the crafting skills so you can craft weapons, armor, gloves, and boots. They made most of the villager skills to help with the combat.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
Yes, but villaging isn't the main part of the game, and you cannot rely on the villaging quests to include NO combat. Combat is the main part of the game, so there is gonna be LOTS of combat. They only made the crafting skills so you can craft weapons, armor, gloves, and boots. They made most of the villager skills to help with the combat.
My emphasis

Why not?

More specifically, why should a quest which serves no function other than to allow progression in village skills require combat?

Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
My emphasis

Why not?

More specifically, why should a quest which serves no function other than to allow progression in village skills require combat?
It is kinda the way most MMOs work.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Hahax1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
  1. PC
It is kinda the way most MMOs work.
Which doesn't necessarily mean it is either correct or necessary.

I repeat - why should a village quest - which is classed as a main quest (indeed the only Village main quests) require combat to complete?
Perhaps the heroes journey quests should be amended to match - kill the four elders and reach level xx in at least one craft.

Lucas Crowalker

Great Adventurer
Characters
Lucas Crowalker, Akrix
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I am not say that is how it 'should be' I am just saying that is how it is.

Obould

Master Blacksmith
Characters
Cad, Lady A., Obould,
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. Android
  3. PC
  4. Steam
But it is also just a suggestion

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
  1. Android
why should a village quest - which is classed as a main quest (indeed the only Village main quests) require combat to complete?
Well, there are combat quests that require gardens and ranches to complete or to purchase garden items and fleeces. That's how it goes.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
  1. PC
Well, there are combat quests that require gardens and ranches to complete or to purchase garden items and fleeces. That's how it goes.
Lower level quests that need garden/ranch items to be completed can be gifted, traded, or bought. It is not until END game that a player is asked to have ALL skills leveled. Ongoing, though, a crafter is expected to suck it up and regularly do combat in order to level, there is no other way.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1