Tenzor

Legendary Hero
Characters
Dezgrim, Tenzor
Platform
Steam
Nice! today my warrior 58 was oneshoted with two [Earth Shard] ability! in half second Awesome! I think this ability has bugged damage...I really think this is not intended how it is

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
Yeah, my lvl 52 fire wiz is unable to defeat even one guardian. I think they are not scaled as they should be.

Sean and other Otters, when will you guys fix this? I'm loving the EZ over all, but would like to be able to have at least a running chance on my fire wiz.

Rohana

Adventurer
Characters
Rohana - Romilly
Platform
PC, Steam
I would like to suggest that the reset time for the pyramid bounties be reduced to 18~16 hours, like in sugarsweet. 22 hours keeps the player in the event zone all day, very tiring. Thank you

Amaranthine

Citizen
Platform
iOS
  1. Are quests in the pyramid too easy? Too hard? Not interesting?
  2. Is the layout of the pyramid interesting? Is it too confusing?
  3. Are the Guardians (basic mobs) in the pyramid too hard? Too easy?
  4. Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
  5. Are the bosses (Tefnut, Geb, Aten, and Kauket) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?

1. I found the quests themselves are pretty easy. I think it's the guardians that make the pyramid quests a bit more challenging. The fossil gather rate is a bit low, even gathering more than 3 stacks and still not getting 5. I can't say I find dailies interesting as they're routine, but it's nice that 2 of them aren't your typical kill quest.

2. It's hard to tell which bounties are inside the pyramid or not. I have to do a long press on the bounty names to be able to see the kill count to tell, but for newer toons, they might need to ask others or look up a list on the wiki. I also had trouble finding the pyramid entrance initially as I couldn't find the other pyramid on the map.

3. I feel that the guardians hit harder than they should, for the amount we have to kill. To be honest, I would be a little sad if they're nerfed a lot lol. It was tough, but I found killing guards doable on all my toons with on-level gear, even my level 38 hunter. It is a pain running back when doing pyra bosses though! If the zone is meant to be tackled as a group, I feel that the challenge level is fine (although the stuns are still too long). But getting help from the community makes the daily feel less of a chore with company. :)

4. They are okay. They don't take that long to kill, which is nice. But I think they don't really do anything interesting except stun.

5. I think this ladder manages to strike a good balance between last event's regular and emp ladder in terms of difficulty. I appreciate that they don't take too long to finish. Geb, I find less interesting as you can just stand between the fireblowers. Aten's lightning feels as if my screen brightness is cranked up way too much. I wish this was toned down a little as it can be hard to see. Shaman tremors also blocks the lightning quite a bit. I do like Kauket! We have to constantly keep moving. It's fun. :D

In terms of general feedback, as fun as it is to do the bosses and earn sands quickly, I personally feel this event is way too much. >.< There's the green bounties, the caliphs, the pyra 3, the ladder, and the dailies.
A pharaoh spawning every hour. Caliphs every 20 minutes. Ladder and pyra, which both need groups. So finding groups for those, plus, trying to get bounties which die way before you get there.

As someone who tries to get some sands for alts, too, it's overwhelming, even just trying to do the pharaohs once a day. Those trying to do some juggling may struggle. Vale was a lot more manageable, and it found a nice balance in terms of having the fairy bounties, dailies, and the ladder.

diligentcircle

Huntress
Characters
Keyboard Storm
Platform
Android, PC
Just made an account here so I can throw in my two cents as a new player with a level 27 Hunter. Here goes.ā€¦

Are quests in the pyramid too easy? Too hard? Not interesting?
I find only the jokes quest and the quest to kill enemies outside the pyramid worthwhile. The joke quest is a bit tedious since it's hard to tell at a glance who you have to talk to and sometimes you have to talk to all of the NPCs. The gathering quest isn't really worth it, and the fossil version of it in particular can be very annoying if the RNG isn't on your side. The backpack quest is more trouble than it's worth. The guardian killing quest is worthwhile only if you happen to be doing something else in the pyramid anyway or maybe if you have run out of bounties to fight.

Is the layout of the pyramid interesting? Is it too confusing?
If I've seen it all, it's fine. I very much dislike that it's placed on the same map and in the same general locations as the stuff outside the pyramid, though. It's difficult to know what's inside the pyramid and what's outside. They really ought to be in entirely different positions, most likely by extending the map westward for the pyramid portion.

Are the Guardians (basic mobs) in the pyramid too hard? Too easy?
Much, much too hard. Just getting unlucky enough to happen to be in their spawn location when they spawn has killed me. That stun thing they do ought to be axed and their numbers strike me as excessive. I'm able to just barely kill a group of 3 of them on my own if I have the chance to strike first and be as strategic as possible. Even that sometimes isn't enough.

Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
I honestly have no clue which bosses are named what, but all the bosses are fine. I didn't notice any distinction between them other than how much general strength they have, and that one boss in the pyramid stuns so often that I accidentally pulled aggro because the tank was having trouble hitting them. I think that boss (don't remember the name) stunning too much is the only problem I have with any of the bosses, but I didn't find any of the bosses particularly interesting.

On another note that wasn't explicitly asked about: it seems to me that the "vial of the sands" rewards are excessively low. It gives an impression of the vial of the sands rewards and the expensive items that can be bought with them as being designed primarily as a pipeline to push players into premium purchases. That makes me feel less inclined to spend all that much time in the event zone. This is compounded by the fact that the event feels kind of generic and boring overall; if my impressions are right, it's mostly just fighting some bosses that all look like mummies and sometimes are called caliphs or pharaohs. It has the feel of generic content for people who have run out of interesting things to do, which hasn't happened for me at this point. Overall result is that going to do things at the event zone is mostly an afterthought for me, and mostly just consists of doing the two daily missions that give 25 vials and maybe fighting a mummy or two.

I also feel that the event is poorly explained. I still don't really know what the "ladder" everyone is talking about is, I never would have guessed that the random easy bosses scattered through the desert are the "mummies", and I still have no idea how long the event is going to run, which only adds to the demotivation I discussed above. It would be very helpful if items that are set to disappear at the end of the event said explicitly when that is, if there was a glossary or FAQ somewhere discussing the basics and general terminology of the event, and if bosses that count as "mummies" were explicitly marked as such.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Reactions: sirbabbo
  • Likex1

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
A couple weeks in and killing even the "loose" (not ladder) pyramid bosses has become extremely difficult. You have to hang out in the zone for HOURS hoping a tank will come along and help out.

On our server, we have only a couple players who are able to tank them and everyone else who can normally tank an ez boss has learned that if there is no tank, you shouldn't even try because most of the time getting aggro for a nontank means being oneshot.

Unlike the ladder in Vale, there isn't any way to know when an attempt is going to happen. In Vale, it's after Prisma. Here? ??? Just random. Maybe after Oky... every three hours. But usually not. People just randomly decide to kill them, like after a caliph run or something, and often don't bother to drop a line in world chat.

The 22 hour cooldown makes it so much worse. I spent the entire day yesterday waiting for a tank for ladder and now, even if a ladder did happen, I wouldn't be able to do it because I didn't find a group yesterday until late in the evening.

Reactions: Rohana, Anthem and Zaphyra
  • Likex2
  • Sadx1

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
A couple weeks in and killing even the "loose" (not ladder) pyramid bosses has become extremely difficult. You have to hang out in the zone for HOURS hoping a tank will come along and help out.

On our server, we have only a couple players who are able to tank them and everyone else who can normally tank an ez boss has learned that if there is no tank, you shouldn't even try because most of the time getting aggro for a nontank means being oneshot.

Unlike the ladder in Vale, there isn't any way to know when an attempt is going to happen. In Vale, it's after Prisma. Here? ??? Just random. Maybe after Oky... every three hours. But usually not. People just randomly decide to kill them, like after a caliph run or something, and often don't bother to drop a line in world chat.

The 22 hour cooldown makes it so much worse. I spent the entire day yesterday waiting for a tank for ladder and now, even if a ladder did happen, I wouldn't be able to do it because I didn't find a group yesterday until late in the evening.
I tried playing on US1 during the Oases EZ (I think it was last year?)... and not only were there few players in the EZ, there was a major language barrier, which made it very difficult to find a group doing Caliphs. I can only imagine how difficult it must be now, with the added Pyramid content. šŸ˜¬

Reactions: Anthem
  • Likex1

Lalocat

Hunter
Characters
Lalocat
Platform
Android, PC
I really think having 2 increased damage affix on them is too much. No one wants to tank these bosses because getting oneshot (or twoshot) is highly probable.

Klaeklae

Bog Frog
Platform
Android
I think the issue with the pyramid bosses needing a decent tank for a chance at a smooth run is more a "greater picture" problem of most encounters in the game really not needing a strong tank, and less an issue with the strength of the pyramid ladder encounter itself.

Without these types of encounters prevelant in multiple areas of the game, there isn't much reason to be a full tank.. especially when dps IS the current meta/game, so that's what most build toward.

The penalty for drawing aggro as a dps in a lot of mmo's is often steep, and something this game lacks.. which is why we all run around in full dps gear (even some of us tank types)!

I like the challenge and added penalties the pyramid bosses (the ladder ones) currently have.

Perhaps a greater reward is needed to justify the effort required to run them.

But definitely, if more encounters were like this, more players would build to tank, which would mean an easier time finding the right group composition for optimal runs.

Not to mention those pesky fire wizards might have to actually watch the threat chart for fear of being 2 shotted!

-Klaeklae

Reactions: Rohana and Anthem
  • Likex2

Meagan

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
The idea of being able to enter one of the pyramids is a nice change.
I must add in advance that my responses are after the EZ patch, that changed a couple of things.
  1. Are quests in the pyramid too easy? Too hard? Not interesting?
    - The gathering for stones and piranhas is okay. Even the fossil drop rate is acceptable, if you are using blue supplies you can find them in one cycle. If not then 2 cycles.
    - The fetch quest for the backpack is fine. However, it would be nice to have more locations and have Dalila to give a hint, like "I have last seen it in the main room" or "I remember having with me when I was working near Toses"
    - The kill quest became a bit more difficult, because there are fewer guardians. But at least they don't stun or throw earth shards all over the place anymore.

2. Is the layout of the pyramid interesting? Is it too confusing?
    It is interesting, not too difficult, not too simple. The map is a little confusing, but I understand it would be difficult to disable/set as "Uncharted Area" since it is the same zone.

3. Are the Guardians (basic mobs) in the pyramid too hard? Too easy?
    They are easy for capped players and hard for players under 40 even in one-on-one. The tipping point might be around level 76, or so.

4. Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
    They are hard but manageable, and they require - at least a basic - group. But they health don't seem to scale, a larger group can finish them much quicker. Since all of them use an aoe stun - using a class ability - it would be nice, to have them telegraph the attack, paint the ground red around the tank, or have them shout something mildly insulting, like "You all should tremble with fear!". This way the others around the tank might avoid it.

5. Are the bosses (Tefnut, Geb, Aten, and Kauket) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
    First the problems:
    a. the bosses are not ordered in difficulty
    b. the rewards don't change based on which step you are on
    Because of these two, the order could be completely randomised every time. That randombess could give an interesting feeling to the ladder, but I digress.
    I suggest the following order, to make it more ladder-like, to reward the progress:
    Geb (7 sands), Aten (9 sands), Kauket (11 sands), Tefnut (13 sands)

The random, double offensive affixes increasing the difficulty by at least an order of magnitude. The most benign combination is Savage + Executioner, the most deadly is Brawler + Piercing. Since the runes inherit the pharaohs' affixes, overlapping runes at Aten, Kauket, but mostly at Tefnut literally decimate the melee players.

Tefnut sometimes spawns 3 runes which I think is a bit too much.
    Aten is fine, sparks sign the incoming flame nicely, but the pattern is too random, sometimes there is just no way out of the fire.
    Geb should really scream something, because lot of players still die because they don't step up on the podium.
    Kauket is okay, but the fog surrounding the runes decreases visibility. Probably by design, but I wouldn't mind if the runes on the ground had a bit different, brighter colors, to make them more visible in a dim room on a dark grey floor.
The ladder - as some have already said it - needs a proper tank, which is really, really rare, and we are very grateful for the few, who dedicate their time to run multiple ladders to help others. They are also need support, but it is always easier to find volunteers for that.

Reactions: Zaphyra
  • Likex1

mrogan

Grand Shaman
Platform
iOS, Android
my feedback is the quests to get in the pyramid is hard and confusing.
some quests are easy and hard ,And for some boss I can solo them but not all of them .