Sean Ryan

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hello everyone,

I know that the patch is new, but I wanted to start a discussion to get some feedback on the Pyramid of Anuk'Amon. The goal (as with any event zone) is to have content that is both fun and challenging for all players. Obviously, this goal is hard to achieve initially because of the wide range of player/character levels. Fortunately, nothing in the game is static, so we can always change things to make the game better. The easiest way to figure out what changes to make is to get your thoughts on it.

With all that being said, I'll start things off with some questions. Feel free to answer as many or as little as you like:
  1. Are quests in the pyramid too easy? Too hard? Not interesting?
  2. Is the layout of the pyramid interesting? Is it too confusing?
  3. Are the Guardians (basic mobs) in the pyramid too hard? Too easy?
  4. Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
  5. Are the bosses (Tefnut, Geb, Aten, and Kauket) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
These questions are just to start a discussion. Feel free to mention any changes that you would be interested in seeing.

Roselda

Adventurer
Characters
Roselda, Rozelda, Rosarelda
Platform
PC
Hello everyone,

I know that the patch is new, but I wanted to start a discussion to get some feedback on the Pyramid of Anuk'Amon. The goal (as with any event zone) is to have content that is both fun and challenging for all players. Obviously, this goal is hard to achieve initially because of the wide range of player/character levels. Fortunately, nothing in the game is static, so we can always change things to make the game better. The easiest way to figure out what changes to make is to get your thoughts on it.

With all that being said, I'll start things off with some questions. Feel free to answer as many or as little as you like:
  4. Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
  5. Are the bosses (Tefnut, Geb, Aten, and Kauket) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting?
These questions are just to start a discussion. Feel free to mention any changes that you would be interested in seeing.
1) I can't survive as a low-level solo player in the pyramid so I can't even get to that point.
2) From what I could tell before I died multiple times, the layout looks interesting but confusing. A map would help immensely.
3) The guardians are too difficult for a low-level solo player. I die within seconds of encountering a mob.
4) and 5) Can't answer that one as I never managed to get anywhere near them.

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+4more
Platform
PC
Since the events hardly change much, as a long term player i kinda lost interest in the events.
Newer players might find them interesting but for the older ones are the events getting a bit boring.

Reactions: Rnnonami and Sundari
  • Likex2

Math Fish

Squirrel
Royal Guardian
Characters
Math Fish (Marksman), Shama Fisha (Water), Accursed Angelfish (Shadow), Logical Loach (Fire)
Platform
PC, Steam
Hello everyone,

I will do a more thorough answer for this later this weekend, but for now I want to say that BY FAR the biggest issue I've run into is the 15 second aoe instant cast stun cast by the Fury guardians. If you do not open with a stun or one shot that mob, they will stun you for 15 seconds and swarm you. If this is meant for a more "try hard" group of players, then fine. But since this is an event zone where all players should feel like they can at least survive somewhat with trash mobs, at least ... I feel that ability has to be removed from the rotation.

Sundari

Wizard
Platform
Android
The pyramid is awesome. However. The map showing pyramid bounties next to other bounties is confusing even to those who did it last year. Since quest requires all bounties it's unclear which are under ground and the timers makes people wait for them to appear. Any way to make ladder mobs not appear on main map or at least as different icons?
The water runes on first ladder are also almost invisible on mobile. If have a large group The boss aoes are almost indistinguishable from players. Once you know that it's relatively easy with a group that has some heals.

Woodlenelf

Grand Shaman
Characters
Starfoxnes
Platform
Android
  1. Are quests in the pyramid too easy? Too hard? Not interesting? Yes, I think it would be nice to have more quest to help higher levels to lvl. 60+
  2. Is the layout of the pyramid interesting? Is it too confusing? Its cool and you have to figure it out. Neat.
  3. Are the Guardians (basic mobs) in the pyramid too hard? Too easy? Too easy
  4. Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting? Medicore? When I did my first with the right tank and heals it was easy. I didnt even drop hp to scare me
  5. Are the bosses (Tefnut, Geb, Aten, and Kauket) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting? Right tank and heals its easy..
  6. The blue bosses sha etc...people kill too fast before everyone reaches so it was annoying to just sit and wait for the 20 to 30 min spawn rate....
  7. I think for 85 to 95 its not really content that is mid to end level content for higher...just a spot to farm for wings thats pretty easy.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I like that the Pyramid is a bit confusing at first.
The fossils can take a while to complete...on one of my chars I had over 300 rubble before I finished.
The Guardians can be overpowered for lower level chars. And that stun is way too long.
The boss on the left that stuns hits with it too often.
The Ladder is GREAT! I wish it was longer!
The special attack of the first one is very hard to notice.
The first 3 rooms do seem a little cramped with a lot of people there, they could be a bit bigger?
The main complaints I have are the bosses cluttering the minimap, and that Pyramid chat isn't separated from zone chat.
Overall I think it's a fun addition.

Sundari

Wizard
Platform
Android
Since the events hardly change much, as a long term player i kinda lost interest in the events.
Newer players might find them interesting but for the older ones are the events getting a bit boring.
After so much time last year it is a bit lackluster. I think we all expected something oomph.

Stenlar1970

Warrior
Characters
Stenlar
Platform
PC
Hello Everyone,

Pyramid ladder at end boss is pretty tough. There might be a pattern with all the lightning bursts,but Balick and I couldn't do it. Everything else is amazing. I used to skip this event but been excited about it's involvement.
Thanks,
Many Faces of Sten

Tiggery

Hunter
Platform
iOS
Hello everyone,

1. The most difficult part so far in pyramid is as a low level solo player (Tiggeress, 25) I can’t fight multiple mobs at once. Was lucky there was help.
2. Confusing and my luck ran away so had to bail from further study.
3. Too many grouped together.
4. Two bosses were up and nobody chose to take them on. Not sure why.
5. Luck was with me, had seasoned players in my ladder and we made it thru. I had a good sense how to react to runes etc becz big Tigg runs raids and shared info with me. 😉
PERSONAL request … I’d like the map colors reversed …. Light color for sand and dark color for rocky/hilly areas. It’s counterintuitive to me right now. THNX for reading and for always improving the game!

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
My feedback as a lvl 95 player is that I agree with wanting the underground bosses to display differently on the map. The mummies and caliphs have the same red skulls, also so you can't tell who you're running to kill.... only to find nothing there, so was it killed just before you got there or is it underground? Really want the underground bosses to have a different colored skull on the map or something.

I LOVE the ladder!

Agree that the stuns on the guardians is annoying and that they're a bit overpowered. Three of them nearly killed me, so I can't imagine how lower level players can deal with them. I'm also running up to another player trying to kill them and finding that I can't help because I get stunned.... for a really LONG time. I bet the other player is wondering why I'm just standing there watching them die!

Reactions: Rohana
  • Likex1

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Was hoping to see an Egyptian catapult!

Here is my prospective as a lvl 95.

Alas as a 95 player it was kinda easy doing the mobs, once we had a good group of 95s for ladder and some lower levels it was a walk in the park, good mechanics and nice surprises makes me wonder if this is a testing ground for the new season of raids??? But the second ladder boss with the fire circles, please leave pits of lava in the gaps or remove the gaps!! Don’t think camping in the gaps is a good way to experience the ladder, but that is only a small complaint.

Here was my prospective as lvl 77.

Experienced this as a lower level in the pyramid was a massacre tbh. Could see why people wouldn’t want to go in and try and do it. Mobs where to over powered and that’s to get to a gathering node. The ladder if there isn’t enough 95s, it’s a blood bath.

Two different experiences.

But the idea of this layout and the new mechanic in a raid would be very appealing

Reactions: Rohana and Kilgharrah
  • Likex2

Roselda

Adventurer
Characters
Roselda, Rozelda, Rosarelda
Platform
PC
When you die inside the pyramid (as I did multiple times from the Guardians before giving up), you revive in a random place outside the pyramid. Wouldn't it make more sense to revive just inside the pyramid entrance?

Rachielle

Hunter
Platform
iOS
One other thing, I don't know if this is a bug. Two different death experiences:

A mob killed me once inside the pyramid and I spawned just inside the entrance as expected.

Died attempting the ladder once and I spawned at an apparently random location in the desert, topside. I would expect to spawn inside the pyramid door like above. Or if not there, then at the pad.

LOL, Roselda, jinx!!!

Reactions: Roselda
  • Hahax1

Diddle

Citizen
Platform
iOS
I get the quests from the npcs and walk thru the door,get instantly hit by 3 guardians and die instantly. I didn’t even have time to see what they hit me with. And you call this fun?

KatieElf Queen

Arch Wizard
Characters
Katie4567,MysticElf,EarthQueen
Platform
iOS
When you die inside the pyramid (as I did multiple times from the Guardians before giving up), you revive in a random place outside the pyramid. Wouldn't it make more sense to revive just inside the pyramid entrance?
Yep it would be nice to revive inside the pyramid because I revived at the teleport pad and that is a long walk back.

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
  1. Are quests in the pyramid too easy? Too hard? Not interesting? They are fine for an event.
  2. Is the layout of the pyramid interesting? Is it too confusing? Inside it’s fine but when looking at the map it’s very confusing. If we could have two maps that would be ideal. When looking at the map do you guys not get confused on what’s going on?
  3. Are the Guardians (basic mobs) in the pyramid too hard? Too easy? For 95 they are solid but for low lvls like 80 below it could be a problem. On my wizard I can stun but not all classes have that.
  4. Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting? If you want a wide range of players to be able to complete I’d say they are a bit to hard. The amount of stuns that happens is over the top. It really needs to be toned down. If you are just wanting high lvl players to participate then I guess it’s okay you still need a decent size group but it’s fine.
  5. Are the bosses (Tefnut, Geb, Aten, and Kauket) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting? I actually really like this ladder. I really enjoy all the elements you guys put into it! I don’t really have any negative feedback about it. I prefer it over vale ladder.

It’s really early in the event and we are seeing trouble forming groups with the ladder but there’s a lot to do. So I’m hoping this changes here soon.

Firebird

Wizard
Platform
PC
As a 95 I had no problems until the stuns! didn't die but they are far too long. Stunning a group of mobs was a necessity. Ladder was fun with healer , tank and a good team. Couldn't really see the effects of first ladder boss.
My lvl 72 hunter died instantly from the groups of mobs. Gave up on quests inside pyramid.

Reactions: Emmyy
  • Likex1

Cloudlight

Citizen
Platform
iOS
Hello everyone,

1. Are quests in the pyramid too easy? Too hard? Not interesting? As a level 95 they seemed too easy, I wish there was additional quests or bosses or more to do.
  2. Is the layout of the pyramid interesting? Is it too confusing? Layout of pyramid was nice but too easy after doing a couple runs through it I wish there was more content, I was hoping that being a pyramid there would be some secret chambers or areas like in maldwyns tomb.
  3. Are the Guardians (basic mobs) in the pyramid too hard? Too easy? The gaurdians are okay if you run and stun them immediately, If you don’t have a stun they stun and kill you fast. The length of their stuns seems too long.
  4. Are the bosses (Ruhak, Toses, and Imhotep) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting? The bosses seemed alright, wish there was more bosses and areas to explore and find.
  5. Are the bosses (Tefnut, Geb, Aten, and Kauket) too hard? Too easy? Are they interesting? I liked the bosses, Aten and Tefnut were a bit more difficult because of colour of their aoe for Tefnut the aoe circles were barely visible on the water, I found the same with Aten on the platform because of lighting.