Would you like to see previous raid rewards come back in some form?

• Yes

• Yes, but in a different way

• No

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Me and probably some others too would love if there would be an option to earn raid rewards from previous seasons. I really like how the event zones are setup, you can always earn the rewards of the previous years, and I think it would be a good model for raid rewards too. As to the method on earning them, maybe buy them with ducats and potentially tie them to difficulty tier completions? Like to get a mount you need to earn gold seasonal reward and then you can purchase previous season's mounts for ducats at the vendor. This way the "skill" to earn them is not ignored.

Pros:
  • Makes some players happy
  • Anti FOMO
  • Makes raid content retain players for a longer time

Cons:
  • Anti FOMO (yes some people do enjoy FOMO content)
  • Players enjoying exclusivity might not like it
  • Will require some dev time to implement
What do you think?

Reactions: Jolon and KID PUMPKIN
  • Likex2

Anthem

Bog Frog
Platform
PC
I think the people who earned there raid rewards at the starting raids, should be able to keep there bragging rights, and be the only one with those rewards. Newer raids are not the same kind of challenge as the first, older ones, and should not have the rewards.

Squonk

Warrior
Platform
Android, PC
Voted yes - wouldn't affect me as I either got the rewards I wanted or skipped the raid season if the rewards did not interest me, but don't see the harm in people having some way of earning them again in the future. Ultimately doesn't make a difference to me personally though :p

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
honestly the biggest problem is mallocks wind because of its speed boost. It’s the main cause of all of this. I love the mount but would like it slightly different in colour as for the speed boost I kinda wish no mount had it as there is no alternative to a true performance advantage as a result everyone who owns one feels like they are just silly using another mount and everyone without one feels like they are missing out. I like it best when everyone is using different mounts I don’t want to see everyone riding the same one.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

KID PUMPKIN

Adventurer
Platform
Android
I do belive past rewards should be available every season, but what I think should happen is ( let's just use Malloks wind for example ) the devs could easily just change it colors to silver armor or any other color, this way, everyone who earned the original will still be able to have their ( I guess unique ) mount and this would both allow those who don't have it to be included, and allow the devs to recycle a great mount without having to create a new one.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
There are a few issues here for starters why these mounts were introduced in the first place. Some players who had been around for a long time did not react warmly to raids to begin with (they were too hard and you had to grind too many) as a result the devs needed to offer greater incentives to try to change opinion hence mallocks wind. So this was partly a gift to those that stuck it out during tough times, I was during season 2 still low lvl and by the end of the season I checked a lot of results only 50-75 players ranked high enough to earn mallocks wind on EU1 and only a bare few were under 95 in lvl. I personally was the only under 95 to earn my mallocks wind solo so in a way I was the single player who worked the hardest on the server to get the mount. (Raids were harder than they are now)

so the mounts breakdown like this.

season 1. Eclipse steed, this one was before my time and if you just want a repaint there is the light horse from oasis or jacinda’s mount.
season 2. Mallocks wind (has 15% increased speed), if you want the repaint the 6 different colour horses from twilight vale are there.
season 3. Zells fell hound (has 10% increased speed and increased jump height) if you want the repaint there is the blood hound from the blighted Isles or lannox’s hound.
season 4. Nether camel repaint available in the oasis

so you can get repaints of any of them the real issue is the abilities, which are justified by the fact that players supported the development of raids at the time.

the devs could remove the abilities to make things fair but then you will have a whole other group of players complaining, they could offer compensation to players to help mitigate the fall out but personally even though I would support this action I feel many won’t.

the other option is maybe to make more mount choices with these abilities then others won’t feel left out and we would have more choices. I like this option too just look at flying mounts there is a few brooms, a bunch of carpets and otters (granted they swim and are slightly slower but still) even though there are still complaints about dragons not flying I think it’s less of an issue than the raid ones.

well whatever the devs decide I support there choice

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Why can’t they be introduced a few seasons later as an item you can buy from the raid vendor?. Players would still have to grind raids to earn it. It just wouldn’t be in the rewards. Leaving new things as rewards but old mounts, toys at vendor. Like maybe next season you can get the first seasons mount for a hefty price. It’s still earned and it still requires grinding but I think that would be okay personally.

Reactions: Zazie and KID PUMPKIN
  • Likex2

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
I would be happier if the AS mount had the same abilities of the raid mount with the looks the AS mount has now, given after 3-4 months of membership. If the reward is seen as a result of supporting Mad Otter and the game, then I think members and mods also qualify.

Reactions: KID PUMPKIN
  • Likex1

Jytal

Servant of Mallok
Platform
iOS
Voted no but I have different ideas for raid reward implementations to improve the current situation.

To begin with, I do not like FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and that's what previous raid rewards are. FOMO drives an addiction, you don't want to miss out that special reward or this special item. FOMO comes in multiple forms, predominately raid rewards but to an extent it can be applied anywhere. Event zones are limited time events and they're the only time you can earn/buy unique cosmetics, mounts, etc and if you couldn't play or earn them, buy them. Event zone special drops such as Oasis Ladder outfit pieces, Sugarsweet mount, Moor mount, all have really low chances of getting them but they keep players coming back over and over just because they don't want to miss out on the special drops. Rift has unique toys that can only be obtained in the Rift and if you don't do the Rift you can't get these unique toys. 95 Elders has unique mounts that you can only obtain by completing the elders multiple times due to RNG.
FOMO SUCKS but, it also improves player retention during said FOMO event so there is a need of balance.

My main problem with making previous raid rewards available again is that it has been stated multiple times by the Otters that they are not going to be able to be obtained any other time. If the previous raid rewards do become available again despite previous statements, that is a breach of trust. It is their words against their own actions.
While the FOMO sucks, being able to trust the Otters and what they say is more important when alternatives could be done instead.

The biggest problem I see about previous raid rewards are not the mounts themselves, it is about their raid mount abilities. It is the "raid speed" that people are in arms about, not the shiny horse armor or pretty eyes but that the only place that for a faster mount than the rest are in raids.
If alternative versions of [previous] raid rewards are made with the same mount ability which are sold in both the ducat and crown shop, it would keep the raid reward exclusive but this alternative raid reward version more available for others, including the mount abilities. Having the mount abilities in one exclusive place was the problem so that is the thing that should change as have been suggested in a previous thread.
And with the raid exclusive version you still maintain some FOMO but there is a balance of it with the alternative raid reward version. For those who enjoy the exclusivity of the raid rewards, they will have the raid version that has been earned through numerous hard raids while the alternative version could be bought with ducats or in crown shop (possibly also delay the alternative version being put in shop until the next season).

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
My biggest thing I missed in the game ever was the flair pack granted to a single player on EU1 (for getting platinum in raid season 2 before they nerfed the difficulty) the bottom line I was just not established enough as a player back then and had no chance but if you put me to the same test now of course I could have ernt it and if my toon was like it is now of course I would have. But it wasn’t but I don’t mind too much sure a bit but at the end of the day it’s just a light purple name plate. Still if I did have it as the only player on the server I would never take it off lol ;)

Cosmickitty

Bog Frog
Platform
iOS
I don’t care I missed the early season raid mount. I care that bc I didn’t know the game existed, I will will forever go 15% slower. Devs don’t seem interested in bringing it back, so give us an opportunity to earn it ourselves. If raids were much harder then, give it as a reward for high heroics… or a random chance for it to drop from heroics with an increasing chance as the level increases.

or… which is a much easier option… just give us a new mount with raid speed.

Reactions: KID PUMPKIN
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I think you would have had fewer "No" votes if you had not included "Yes, but in a different way" as an option.
Players that put in a lot of time and effort to gain an exclusive prize feel really let down when that "exclusive" prize is made available by alternate and possibly more accessible means. It ruins the exclusivity, diminishes their accomplishment, and is a breach of trust on the part of the producers.
There would be less backlash if the raid vendor made available for a high price, but it should remain tied to raids.

I have previously stated opinions that could be seen as contradictory to what I posted, above. that opinion is specific and limited to the topic of this thread.
I actually have an issue with ability and performance items being tied to one aspect or instance of the game. I'm sure that people who love Raids will disagree, but rewards of this nature should be cosmetic in nature.

If we are going to have rewards of this nature, I believe a comparable reward should be available for the contrasting element of the game.
Just as an example; If you are able to earn Mallok's Wind throigh a combat-oriented accomplishment, you should be able to earn a one-time crafting recipe for Mallok's Armor with a villager-oriented accomplishment. Whichever way you choose to play the game, you have an opportunity to earn an exclusive reward. Those that embrace the true nature of Villagers AND Heroes would have an opportunity to display that accomplishment by having a matching set.

Reactions: Constantine ElSheba
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I actually have an issue with ability and performance items being tied to one aspect or instance of the game. I'm sure that people who love Raids will disagree, but rewards of this nature should be cosmetic in nature.

If we are going to have rewards of this nature, I believe a comparable reward should be available for the contrasting element of the game.
Just as an example; If you are able to earn Mallok's Wind throigh a combat-oriented accomplishment, you should be able to earn a one-time crafting recipe for Mallok's Armor with a villager-oriented accomplishment. Whichever way you choose to play the game, you have an opportunity to earn an exclusive reward. Those that embrace the true nature of Villagers AND Heroes would have an opportunity to display that accomplishment by having a matching set.
THIS!!!

The same thing goes with the flair. Why is flair only available from combat?? The only way of having any flair at all for your toon is by either participating in event zones or by grinding raids. Why can't players who don't want to earn the raid season rewards past the silver tier earn the speed from the Mallok's Wind mount? Why aren't there flairs that are exclusive to completing villager achievements????

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Last edited
THIS!!!

The same thing goes with the flair. Why is flair only available from combat?? The only way of having any flair at all for your toon is by either participating in event zones or by grinding raids. Why can't players who don't want to earn the raid season rewards past the silver tier earn the speed from the Mallok's Wind mount? Why aren't there flairs that are exclusive to completing villager achievements????
I like that.
A plant flair for max Gardening.
A rams head flair for max Ranching.
A hammer flair for max Crafting.
A trio flair pack for maxing all with the plant, rams head, or hammer, on a shield with an enhanced border.
And just to be fair, a class weapon flair for maxing combat and the currently existing house on shield logo made into an ultimate flair for those that max everything V&H has to offer

Annnd... I'm drifting off-topic. :/
My apology to the OP.
So... how 'bout them Raid rewards?

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
Maybe a new village project that only takes crafted or refined material (maxing out how much village work you got to do to improve it) that takes a seasons worth of work but awards all the raid rewards and re-sets between raid seasons.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
There would be less backlash if the raid vendor made available for a high price,
But that is a different way too? Compared to being rewarded it for completing all raids x times. That is how I took it.

Helos

Citizen
Characters
Helos, Helox, Heloq
Platform
iOS
I am going to say something, and maybe this will hit a nerve because I've suggested it before but.... here goes.

Maybe instead of allowing the old mounts or old rewards you offer a completely different item to be sold from the raid vendor in the form of enchantments. They would be expensive of course, but that way you could have speed, jump, fly over water, etc. unlocked for that specific toon and you could ride whatever mount you wanted. This would avoid being locked into always riding malloks or a carpet/broom.

Everyone likes the infinite customization of wardrobes and characters and whatnot, why not stop limiting the benefits of each mount and be able to slowly over each season expand your mounts capabilities. This would mean all players would need to work for them and the benefit of completing that season early was having the exclusive mount skin. People keep their exclusivity, and others that come later get to upgrade their toons / alts slowly.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
I’m not sure this is a viable thing, these abilities are integrated into the mounts themselves and to simply apply them to all mounts doesn’t look like a possibility or the devs probably would have done this already with say dragons or the old brooms.

Helos

Citizen
Characters
Helos, Helox, Heloq
Platform
iOS
I’m not sure this is a viable thing, these abilities are integrated into the mounts themselves and to simply apply them to all mounts doesn’t look like a possibility or the devs probably would have done this already with say dragons or the old brooms.
The devs can do anything, they are magic, don't kill my vibe, that is all.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
But that is a different way too? Compared to being rewarded it for completing all raids x times. That is how I took it.
Yes, that is a different way.
I'm not actually making a suggestion there. The OP wants a way to acquire past rewards. I don't see a way to do that without it being different. All I mean to say is that if they do make past rewards obtainable, they need to stay tied to Raids.