Platform
Android
So as a noob, I am kind of stuck in areas where there really aren't that many people playing. (Level 35, rebirthed once)

I am wondering if there are any players that like to help noobs power level. I just want to reach that point where I can start participating more and also I want to be able to help other players in similar situations like myself eventually.

Thanks for reading, Please let me know if you are the kind of person that likes to do this. In other MMO's its usually called like power level parties or leech parties, something along those lines.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
There are people who will help, some also need to level, just ask in "Looking for" chat that you are looking to party for the zone you intend to go to.

Reactions: Greer
  • Likex1
Platform
Android
There are people who will help, some also need to level, just ask in "Looking for" chat that you are looking to party for the zone you intend to go to.
Cool good to know! I actually asked earlier in game, and people online at that time made it seem like I was asking something that was taboo in this game. I will keep searching. Thanks for the info!

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
Cool good to know! I actually asked earlier in game, and people online at that time made it seem like I was asking something that was taboo in this game. I will keep searching. Thanks for the info!
The term Power Level has a negative connotation; I think of requests for higher level toons to do all the work while the lower level player just tags along... I don't believe that is what you are asking for but it may be why you got the reaction you did.

Reactions: Greer and Zazie
  • Likex2
Platform
Android
The term Power Level has a negative connotation; I think of requests for higher level toons to do all the work while the lower level player just tags along... I don't believe that is what you are asking for but it may be why you got the reaction you did.
Having someone "do all the work" is the wrong way to look at it. I am trying to reach a point where I can be more helpful to others. Right now I am a useless noob lol. Every single other game I have played has grind parties that are power lvling alts and such. I don't understand the hoard the xp dynamic, especially in a MMO with no PVP.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
In V&H we don't call it power leveling because all too often players come in the door and at level 1 ask for someone to power level them up, they do not intend to do any work at all, they just want someone to do the work for them.

So asking for help is the way to go. Ask for people to go along with you to zones to clear those zones will go farther than asking to power level.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
I think most people on US2 are willing to help with elder fights or dungeon runs, but if you are talking about running bounties with you, not many folks are up for that.

To level: follow the main quest line and kill the bounties along the way. You should be good. When the main quest ends, head to the traven isles (via terratias reef), unlock the depths, and you pick up a pretty significant side quest that takes you fairly well to 55, where you can then head to Sapphira's lament. If you want a depths guide, I bet there are folks who would be up for that.