• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
Forget about enhancing for a sec. And tell me what you think
Should legendary items drop, as legendary, before enhancement in the wild?
Or do you rather that such items can only be obtained as gifts from the devs? (Which also includes the Calendar weapon, and.. is in fact how things are right now)

Here is my preference, and my logic behind it. I choose yes, Legendary should drop in the wild. I also believe at least one extra tier would be cool that a legendary can enhance into, like 'Fabled' , 'Mystical', or 'Mythical'. But lets keep this simple.

Here is why I believe: Yes
I simply prefer to adventure for the best possible items in the game. Just knowing that my forever grind is for something lesser (epic being highest tier) then these gifts destroys the fun of the hunt.
And as it stands now if you are new to the game, and did not assemble your Calendar legendary weapon yet, you can wait until you reach 95 after expansion, and possibly have a weapon with higher stats that you will never find in the game.. Of course those who thought 90 would be the cap for some time at least may have assembled already and now are stuck with only a 90 weapon that likely won't be as good as a 95 legendary. Also note I have not heard any news on itemization changes for expansion, and is why I am bringing all this up.

The point is, this whole thing with gifting game mechanic effecting items is silly in my view. And bad for the health of the game. Such gifting should be left to cosmetics.
The way it stands now, I feel like I am playing a game by a staff that is more concerned with making things pretty (which includes giving out dazzling gifts), just to keep people around. So I say we don't need it. We don't need the gifts that effect game mechanics. Or at least.. we need items of same caliber to drop.

Lastly just want to mention.. I don't like crafting to be the end game either, but having a mix of the two where they compliment each other is cool.
You can even have Legendary crafts... But I would think very rare. as rare as a drop at least. And dungeon, well to be honest, I don't like quest rewards to be my end game either. Because then you can have all your perfect gear after some dungeoning which again, kills some of the excitement of hunting for those rare drops. But that's just me. .
If they wanted to make dungeon drops unique they could, by adding an extra secondary stat to epics from dungeon.

I would love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
I am not sure what you gain by making Legenday a drop and then adding a new tier on top of that. Aren't you just replicating the same old system with a new tier in there?

My personal opinion is that crafting should be able to add something to your gear that you can never get in the wild. That is what makes crafting, and crafters, valuable. I am happy with it being tradable, salable or gift-able.

I strongly disagree that the calendar gifts cheapen what you find or make yourself. They do not replicate what you get elsewhere. There are not so many or contain such super-powers that they overshadow other gear. I have not gotten anything from a calendar gift that makes me notably more capable in the game. The calendar gifts are relatively new (just over a year as this is the first repeat month). I have not seen any siginifant change from the gifts, except a lot more people log in every day, even briefly, to stay on track for the gifts. If anything, I think the XP calendar bonus makes the biggest differnce as people can eventually level up without killing a single mob or bounty (it takes 3 months if my math is right).

As someone who has been through half a dozen expansions (I think max level was 45 or so when I joined), you just get used to maxing out and then going through it again.

How do you see the game sustaining itself, if it does not involve new zones with new challenges and new levels?

ps. Your title is "poll" but you did not include one. Might be interesting to see what the results would be.

Reactions: Caly and Karma
  • Likex2
Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I think any Non-crafted items like Rings, Tokens,Necklaces etc... should have a very rare (0.01%) chance of Being a legendary drop from any creature or bounty bosses (0.1%). {I have had an Epic Weapon drop for a lv2 character once} Having a Legendary drop would be more for bragging rights than breaking the game if we keep it as a very rare drop.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
I am not sure what you gain by making Legenday a drop and then adding a new tier on top of that. Aren't you just replicating the same old system with a new tier in there?
Not quite, you are adding a more rare tier that can drop in the game, and also allowing a new tier to come into play if you enhance the legendary, which by the way is called adding content.. which follows the same concept that is already done to epic and below. But sure they could stick with just the epic the way it is under my suggestion, and stop legendary gifting all together, and for me that would at least make it more fun.

I strongly disagree that the calendar gifts cheapen what you find or make yourself. They do not replicate what you get elsewhere.
I never said they replicate what you get elsewhere? In fact I am pointing out that they do not replicate anything else that you find elsewhere. My point exactly. The staff I have is level 90 from the Calendar. All stats Damage, Mastery, Savagery, etc... are 500 more than what epics come out to be after enchant. I have found a few staves that are perfect since they have brutality but my calendar one does not. My calendar one is still better, I get more damage per sec out of it then any epic staff I can find in game. So I strongly disagree with your disagreement. Now that said, it may not be a whole lot different. But the point is not just about the difference. the point is about the logic in the way things are. The thought that I am not able to find a weapon on my own that is better then what is given to me the first day I log into the game.. would be nice to me.. But hey.. Opinions are going to differ. Thank;s for your feedback.

How do you see the game sustaining itself, if it does not involve new zones with new challenges and new levels?
I never suggested not having new zones and new levels..
Although I think such sustain can be achieved without new levels myself, but that's a different topic altogether.
If you are suggesting the fact that the game will render Calendar items obsolete over time is meant to me a game mechanic, sure I get that, but...I don't think it is a good mechanic myself. It's still a legendary item for the new player.. and when that new player, like I was about a year ago, finally reached 90.. I used the legendary staff from Cal, rendering all the staffs I found after, useless. Compensation rings, amulet, same story.
For me that makes things more boring.. I get into game mechanics the way you get into the story I guess.

ps. Your title is "poll" but you did not include one. Might be interesting to see what the results would be.
I see didn't know they had the option to add that function on this forum.
However I think it be just nice to actually see peoples reasoning behind their answer also. So.. don't see that as a big deal.

Thanks.

GoGoGadget

BRA Member
Platform
Android, PC
No. Reasoning is that all classes are quite overpowered as it is. Giving chance to get even more OP gear as drop would just throw all little balance we got out of the window for good.

Reactions: William Hououin
  • Likex1

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
No. Reasoning is that all classes are quite overpowered as it is. Giving chance to get even more OP gear as drop would just throw all little balance we got out of the window for good.
Which reminds me of one thing I should point out... Legendary items are already in the game... So... exactly how could this be overpowered?
And if it's too OP. my suggestion of removing legendary gifts is ok? Or did you just read the title of the post and that's it?

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
It is something i want , but at the same time i don't want it, may be not right now and not sure how it should work because if come just from drop it might be a waste of potential content, may be instead of drop a chance to get legendary gear from assembling elder piece is more interesting, that gonna make player actively do elder again or something along that line

Wu ye

Adventurer
Characters
Bojue
Platform
iOS
Very good idea, I believe that the work people are already improving in this area. I know that there will be a legendary dragon mount in the new version coming soon.
I think legendary quality equipment may appear in the new dungeon.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
I do not want legendary gear to drop in the game, not any type for any reason. They are simply too powerful to be a drop. I would consider legendary from crafting specializations, depending on how it was presented.
I do not want another tier of gear higher than legendary to be added to the game. We don't need more powerful gear, it is strong enough now. If anything, I would remove the inferior gear, no one ever uses that.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I do not want legendary gear to drop in the game, not any type for any reason. They are simply too powerful to be a drop. I would consider legendary from crafting specializations, depending on how it was presented.
I do not want another tier of gear higher than legendary to be added to the game. We don't need more powerful gear, it is strong enough now. If anything, I would remove the inferior gear, no one ever uses that.
In an old(er) livestream the removal of inferior gear was discussed. It was suggested based on the argument that no-one with a single braincell would use inferior gear. Ever. Period.
The argument from the devs to KEEP inferior gear, was thatik if you remove it, the 'nobodywithasinglebraincellwouldequipthis' would simply move to the currently second lowest tier, common. It is a circle, if you remove the lowest tier gear because nobody wants it, there is a new lowest tier nobody wants. If you kept doing that, you'd end up with legendary only. So they probably wont remove it.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I scarf up all gear until I run out of bag space. When I do that, I use a salvage rod to open some space and keep going. It's a technique I use called greedy. :cool:

As for legendary gear drops, they would have to be very, very, very, rare. If legendary becomes too common, it's no longer legendary. I am not really for a tier above legendary. I already have enough to keep up with as it is and I'm not really sure I see the point of it. Isn't legendary somewhat overpowered as it is?

Reactions: Caly
  • Likex1

RuneFox

Merchant
Platform
Android, PC
I like the idea that only crafters can make legendary items. Gives me some value knowing that the harder I work at my crafting skills in the end it will pay off for me by allowing me to do something someone whacking monsters cant do by whacking monsters.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
In an old(er) livestream the removal of inferior gear was discussed. It was suggested based on the argument that no-one with a single braincell would use inferior gear. Ever. Period.
The argument from the devs to KEEP inferior gear, was thatik if you remove it, the 'nobodywithasinglebraincellwouldequipthis' would simply move to the currently second lowest tier, common. It is a circle, if you remove the lowest tier gear because nobody wants it, there is a new lowest tier nobody wants. If you kept doing that, you'd end up with legendary only. So they probably wont remove it.
That is fair, but I certainly do not want another tier of gear to keep track of. Whats wrong with common anyway? I know, it is because no matter how rare or hard to obtain something is certain players will stop at nothing to get it and no other will do, no matter how absurd the efforts. The ever-more hysteric need for bragging rights is beginning to overshadow the game. It makes me want to go read a book.

Nyxxe

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC, Steam
That is fair, but I certainly do not want another tier of gear to keep track of. Whats wrong with common anyway? I know, it is because no matter how rare or hard to obtain something is certain players will stop at nothing to get it and no other will do, no matter how absurd the efforts. The ever-more hysteric need for bragging rights is beginning to overshadow the game. It makes me want to go read a book.
Hey! Reading books is a good thing! In fact I read one lately that is really great.
It's called "A Tale of Two Sisters", and you can find it here : https://www.villagers-and-heroes.com/twosisters/
?

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I feel that we don't really need greater numbers. We need depth and customization.

I'd like to be able to collect specific gear that is part of a set, and equip them for bonuses. Set pieces drop from specific dungeon bosses / elders to encourage additional kills.

I'd like to be able to modify stats and abilities via crafting to focus towards a specific path (tank, DPS, support).

I'd like to be able to customize gear at my leisure without mass amounts of RNG crafting and loot farming.

I'd like to use my favorite armor & weaponry in battle and watch as they gain perks for completing achievements. I don't want to delve any further or I'll go on a tirade about the gear system. Simply put, here are my thoughts on what I wish gear was like.

Players are already overpowered as it is. High level god-roll gear can make anyone an iron cannon. Extreme defense as well as offense. We need to tone that down a lot and aim more towards customizable builds that focus on actual class roles again. I can see where you're coming from with this proposal, you wish for some actual reason to farm enemies and get excited for loot. I agree with that sentiment! I haven't bothered to loot anything for years, I'm sure many folks can attest my trail of droppings on every run...

The issue is Legendary gear is just the same old gear with higher numbers. We need a deeper gear system, not just bigger numbers. That is a method I see used way too often in this game. Need harder content? Well simply give the enemies more health / damage! No! That's not how it should work. Mechanics and depth are not gained through arbitrary number inflation.

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Good feedback, but come on guys, Legendary tier is already in the game, so you are not really (as far as the numbers are concerned) adding a new tier. You are just adding a new color and title for what happens to a legendary after it is 'enhanced', Which I will remind you once again, is already in the game.., as dev gifts.. So how would it be OP? Are you suggesting that the devs for now on not give out other legendary items? In all actuality half of your comments are contradicting the game we currently have. We have legendary items that when enhanced stay legendary, although they gain a significant boost to their stats making them a bit superior to epics that are enhanced to legendary.

Yeah I can't agree with the crafting thing, because crafting is just too easy, I mean you go to the crafting bench and boom, you got the best gear in the game. wow.. that was adventurous. vs you are in the wild, farming seems like forever and you see gold sparks flare out from your last kill as it bounces to the ground. And they could make that kind of drop extremely rare which would be my suggestion. Of course you could also make it equally extremely rare in crafting. That is exactly my point. Or do you prefer them to just be handed to you on a silver platter? Like they actually are.. right now?

Citizen
Characters
Karma, Boot
Platform
Steam
Last edited
Is this a poll or question about adding legendary gear to the drops or a indictment of the present crafting and calendar mechanics??

My opinion is this:

The present crafting system in game it is what it is for now. (yes, I would like to see improvement)
Unless and/or until it is revamped kindly leave well enough along.
IMO adding Legendary drops would relegate crafting and the mastery of crafting to being near totally inconsequential.

There are more then enough players running around who concentrate on combat and ignore the collecting, crafting, gardening and ranching skills as it is.

The game is called "Villagers & Heroes", not "Heroes".

Regards

Platform
PC
Good feedback, but come on guys, Legendary tier is already in the game, so you are not really (as far as the numbers are concerned) adding a new tier. You are just adding a new color and title for what happens to a legendary after it is 'enhanced', Which I will remind you once again, is already in the game.., as dev gifts.. So how would it be OP? Are you suggesting that the devs for now on not give out other legendary items? In all actuality half of your comments are contradicting the game we currently have. We have legendary items that when enhanced stay legendary, although they gain a significant boost to their stats making them a bit superior to epics that are enhanced to legendary.
Legendary gear IS rare - VERY rare. The devs don't give it out often. And most people do NOT hold their beginning gift from calendar until endgame. Given how rare it is, it's ALMOST (not quite) impossible to get that "perfect" piece that you're looking for. Chances are, the legendary item that you get won't have the stats you want - I've actually salvaged legendary gear.

I just don't think that it needs to be dropped. It's rare, and should remain that way. I think I am completely overpowered in my lvl 90 gear. <Most of it is epic, enhanced> (And I WILL say that I was REALLY happy to be back in my lvl 90 OP gear after I finished my 90 rebirth!) I don't think we need another tier added. I don't think that a higher tier than epic should be prolific (ie dropped).

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last edited
IMO adding Legendary drops would relegate crafting and the mastery of crafting to being near totally inconsequential.
So why not have legendary items also possible with crafting on very rare lucky occasions? I was never talking about limiting legs to just wild drops, I'm talking about making the rarity of legendary items, which could be extremely rare, possible.

There are more then enough players running around who concentrate on combat and ignore the collecting, crafting, gardening and ranching skills as it is.
So can you explain to me... how ignoring the collecting can be considered a good thing? For those who might like to hunt for unique collectibles.. or even items they can use?

And to the last reply, I beg to differ, as stated, I have the best staff I can get. I also use both my rings and amulet from the compensation package. Was it rare? Giving something out as compensation and having it as a Cal reward is not rare, it is down right too easy. Was is so exiting to get it.. I'm sure for some of you it was.. but hey why don't we just ask the devs to play the game for us also, that way we don't have to do it ourselves./
And also if you are assuming since they have level changes on expansions... such as this 95... well, I think they have created a wonderful game here, But you ever consider this?.. why the need to increase levels if you think the game is sooooooo OP already? Should we not be able to take those 95 elders since we are just soooo OP? Especially since we got elder levels, I mean since we got elder levels why do we need level 95? I am a god right.. since my Legendary rings and amulet and 90 legendary staff from Cal is so OP.. . Of course let us not forget that I still getting wasted in dungeon so easily... but nothing to see there move along.

We all know bounties are mostly pushovers. That's just how they made the game. Simple tweaking can fix such things if they wanted to. I'm just simply suggesting that things make more sense and game-play become more rewarding by adding a little content that would likely have very little affect on player performance while giving some more aspiration to hunt, because anyone who has played this game for a long time should know that Talents, skill line up on weapon, runes and stat choice on items .. is what really is priority for dps and such. Let's look at the numbers as it is now.

Let us add 1 stat from all equip.. for me I get 38,300. If I subtracted the legendary bonuses from the gifts, it would be at the very least 36,000
This is just the weapon stats, that does not include all the runes, the talents, the base damage of weapons, the fact that they start you off at 100% mastery (which by the way is silly) meaning you can actually perform just fine even if you have level 1 gear loaded with level 90 runes of course.
You see what I am getting at here? There is barely much difference in the actual effects of a legendary vs epic since the other things that come into play are all much more game affecting. Still, it does affect you// And that little bit is why you get out there and you hunt for the best. That is part of the fun/ Add in all the other legendary items, you are looking at maybe another 2100 points. call it 40,500 vs all epic 36,000
let's say you actually have 1500 points more of brutality, because that would be all you can get. I currently have 12.3k brutality. that would go up to 13.7k. Yeah a little difference and that one stat would be somewhat noticeable. But hardly game changing. And definitively not OP. Not when you consider the fact that I am getting +6900 Brutality from runes alone//

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
If you ask a question what people think about something, especially in a poll like post, perhaps respecting their opinion and accepting it as theirs would be a nice step, instead of beating up their opinion and keep insisting on your own. Your latest post feels mocking of their opinion to me, like they are too stupid to understand what YOU mean amd agree with you because you consider your opinion right, and I do not like it.