Pugking

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
Hello as a new mobile player and some one who has played MMORPGs since pre-POP EQ1 I am having fun. Loving the overall feel of the game and esp the community. I was reading a review of the game before I got it and someone brought up SOEs old kid-aimed MMORPG Free Realms. While being target for a younger crowd Free Realms did one ingenious thing that I have never seen in another MMORPG yet wish they had: Every time you went to gather or craft a mini match 3 game game would pop-up with a timer- the more you matched the more you harvested (For instance when mining you could match mineals to get more iron or match gems to get some bonus gems to sell). This made things like fishing and mining fun and interactive. One humble suggestion I'd make is to add such a system here in V&H if possible to add another level of fun interaction to the game and make gathering lesss a mindless chore and more fun.

LordKyrie

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
sounds great to me, currently i only craft or gather when something good is on tv, because it is boring to click watch a wheel spin for 1 min then click again.

Anthem

Bog Frog
Platform
PC
It would be nice if there was something more we could do when we craft. I do however like it now that I can chat or watch a show, and still craft at the same time. I don't want to have it give it my full attention.

Pugking

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
Here is a pic of what the interface looked like (sorry couldn't find a video).

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I would stop gathering and crafting entirely if mini games were introduced and added to these activities!

I listen to podcasts or get generally distracted, talking to friends and guildies in voice chat while gathering, crafting, gardening, and ranching. If I'm chatting with friends and/or participating in a conversation through in game text chat, I'm often contributing to another player's gaming experience (generally by sharing knowledge and/or helping to run my guild.) If you add mini-games, those will require my FULL attention, and I lose the pleasure of the little bit of multi-tasking that I'm actually able to accomplish! :p

I can happily be productive in game, gathering, crafting, gardening, or ranching, while completing other tasks either game-related or informative/entertaining and unrelated to V&H life. Moments like these are when the mind quite happily wanders freely, and I wouldn't give this up for the world!! :D

Zaphyra

Master Villager
Characters
Retired
Platform
Android, PC
Hello as a new mobile player and some one who has played MMORPGs since pre-POP EQ1 I am having fun. Loving the overall feel of the game and esp the community. I was reading a review of the game before I got it and someone brought up SOEs old kid-aimed MMORPG Free Realms. While being target for a younger crowd Free Realms did one ingenious thing that I have never seen in another MMORPG yet wish they had: Every time you went to gather or craft a mini match 3 game game would pop-up with a timer- the more you matched the more you harvested (For instance when mining you could match mineals to get more iron or match gems to get some bonus gems to sell). This made things like fishing and mining fun and interactive. One humble suggestion I'd make is to add such a system here in V&H if possible to add another level of fun interaction to the game and make gathering lesss a mindless chore and more fun.
I don't really want a mini-game while I gather... but it might be nice if bonuses popped while gathering. When Repair Globules pop-up, we have to click to use them. What if other bonus items popped and we had to click to use them too? Gathering buffs that increase speed, quantity or number of gems for several gathers... but only if we're paying attention and click them... otherwise they fade away... 🤔

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1