Kilgharrah

Adventurer
Characters
Kilgharrah, Gwayne, Sylvaena, GeraltOfArdent
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited
In case this hasn't been put out there already (which, based on a quick check through recent posts, seems like it hasn't), the Devastate and Fire Bomb relic abilities are basically useless with their current cooldown times, coupled with the fact that Zephyr's Enclave no longer applies to relic ability cooldowns. The damage numbers shown in my pictures are for level 95, and even that for Devastate is mid-level compared to typical attacks a 95er has. The cd for Fire Bomb, especially, is so absurd that I am guessing this isn't what it was meant to be. My shaman's ground slam does slightly higher area damage while also having a debuffing effect, with a cd under 40 seconds. I get that relic abilities should not be usable as often as ordinary attacks, but these are not at all reasonable compared to others. My personal suggestions would be:
  • Change the cooldown on Devastate to something no greater than two minutes.
  • Change the cooldown on Fire Bomb to about a minute while also increasing it's damage a bit. Right now, I wouldn't use it even with a shorter cooldown because the damage is just too low to be worth an ability slot. Alternatively, reduce the cooldown less than that (but definitely reduce it... could anything be worth a near 7 minute cooldown??) but increase the damage by a LOT, to make it legitimately function as a sort of emergency area damage bomb.
relic1.jpgrelic2.jpg

Jolon

Adventurer
Characters
Jolon, Jenalya
Platform
  1. iOS
Having just gotten the gift of life relic feat, and hearing that this sole relic feat might be the reasoning behind making relic cooldowns unaffected by expertise, feat cd reductions, drams, etc, (if this is indeed the reason and is not just hearsay), then my response would be to take this relic and its feat back and restore cooldown reductions so that relic feats can return to a viable battery of options to enhance our feat assortment instead of the one off feat you might remember to use. If there is another reason behind nerfing relic cooldowns, I would be intrigued to understand why it was done.

Part of my fun with relic hunting is that it changes up my play style while they are active, and with such absurdly long cooldowns, they occupy a slot that is no slot on my feat bar 🤪. Thanks y’all!

Grz

Reader
Platform
  1. Android
Last edited
I brought this up on the patch thread and nobody seemed to care. :rolleyes:

Don't forget the 10minute summon cooldowns on Mo, Nixie, and Croaker. Now completely worthless.

Nerf is never good, especially nerfing something that was fun-to-use and not broken. As I've said in the other thread, make Gift of Life retain its static cooldown but spare the others the nerf. They weren't game-breaking and simply makes combat a little more fun and dynamic (less boring) .

If it's not due to Gift of Life then I can only think of one other: It's some people saying everyone "suddenly has so much DPS in 95 elder runs."*chuckles*

Reactions: Tareco and Xantia
  • Likex2

Marcus Fury

Master Gatherer
Platform
  1. Android
The spells on the relics for us lower levels are like a one hit wonder! Do think the cooldowns really need a lot better turn around!!!
Thank you for the good post!

Reactions: Tareco
  • Likex1