runman

Citizen
Dear devs,otters,listen to me pls,the mana pots make the Will, Clarity and Intellect meaningless for a long time especially the instant portion,I don't even know why you developed these three stats in the first place.
The instant portion of mana pots make the will,clarity and intellect meaningless for Dps.If u wanna make more damage,just pick up savagery,brutality and expertise instead of will,clarity and intellect.Because there's no CD of using mana pots and it can restore 10% of missing mana while a gently click,if want more mana,just click,click and click...
No one need to study how to reasonable ,comfortable use his mana now,just spell any damaged skill as soon as it's ready!It's too boring!
I really think it would be better to remove the instant portion of mana pots,is there any instant portion in heal pots?Please consider to remove instant portion or give it a CD of using,in order to make Will,Clarity and Intellect more meanling and folks exercise their brains much more!

runman

Citizen
Dear devs,otters,listen to me pls,the mana pots make the Will, Clarity and Intellect meaningless for a long time especially the instant portion,I don't even know why you developed these three stats in the first place.
The instant portion of mana pots make the will,clarity and intellect meaningless for Dps.If u wanna make more damage,just pick up savagery,brutality and expertise instead of will,clarity and intellect.Because there's no CD of using mana pots and it can restore 10% of missing mana while a gently click,if want more mana,just click,click and click...
No one need to study how to reasonable ,comfortable use his mana now,just spell any damaged skill as soon as it's ready!It's too boring!
I really think it would be better to remove the instant portion of mana pots,is there any instant portion in heal pots?Please consider to remove instant portion or give it a CD of using,in order to make Will,Clarity and Intellect more meanling and folks exercise their brains much more!
well,scoryxn too.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I invest heavily into mana with my character and gear builds, especially with myWizards and Priests. Partly because I do more solo than group play. Partly because I want to use my garden for more than a blueberry factory. If it were not for Elders and Raids, I doubt I would ever use a mana pot.

Mana is not really an issue in this game. If you build with mana in mind, t's very manageable. It's just a manner of how much DPS you are willing to sacrifice for mana management. With the mana pots as they are, there is no reason to make that sacrifice and the majority of players just ignore it in favor of being able to spam feats for the greatest DPS output.

Reactions: Antavious and Zazie
  • Likex2

Firebird

Wizard
Platform
PC
If it were not for Elders and Raids, I doubt I would ever use a mana pot.
This is so true, even during many rb's I use very few mana pots on normal bounties. I doubt many do use a lot. I do use about 40 on a 95 elder run sometimes less. Raids are mana eaters for my wiz and shadow. If I solo raids I need fast dps to survive, so I do rely on crafted instant mana pots rather than respec for mana talent. It has been said before that maybe some feats use an excessive amount of mana, possibly reducing it a little from mana hungry feats might be an option? I'm not clever with math so I don't know if this would be feasible!

Reactions: Antavious and Xantia
  • Likex2

runman

Citizen
I invest heavily into mana with my character and gear builds, especially with myWizards and Priests. Partly because I do more solo than group play. Partly because I want to use my garden for more than a blueberry factory. If it were not for Elders and Raids, I doubt I would ever use a mana pot.

Mana is not really an issue in this game. If you build with mana in mind, t's very manageable. It's just a manner of how much DPS you are willing to sacrifice for mana management. With the mana pots as they are, there is no reason to make that sacrifice and the majority of players just ignore it in favor of being able to spam feats for the greatest DPS output.
yes,for the greatrst DPS,players would rather wanna increase 1% with over 7k savagery or brutality,not wanna make any will or intellect for much more increasing.Besides the instant portion make that players can make more damage who have more less-cooldown dmg skills,because they can easily use pots or scornyxs to be the top 1 of DPS,unfair and imbalance.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Xantia, Battle Bunny, Airoe, Sinzin, Erthena
Platform
Android, PC
Will, Clarity and Intellect are NOT meaningless. They provide players with the option to add mana sustain to their builds OR be dependent on mana pots. These are both valid choices and this is how the system is supposed to work. I don't want to see mana pots nerfed, to nullify investment in Expertise and/or to force players to add mana stats to their build. There's also nothing unfair or imbalanced, about players choosing to rely on mana pots instead of mana stats. It's a CHOICE... use more pots for more dps or use mana stats for less pots and less dps.

runman

Citizen
Will, Clarity and Intellect are NOT meaningless. They provide players with the option to add mana sustain to their builds OR be dependent on mana pots. These are both valid choices and this is how the system is supposed to work. I don't want to see mana pots nerfed, to nullify investment in Expertise and/or to force players to add mana stats to their build. There's also nothing unfair or imbalanced, about players choosing to rely on mana pots instead of mana stats. It's a CHOICE... use more pots for more dps or use mana stats for less pots and less dps.
something you said is right,more pots for more dps,yes just more pots.....too simple,no necessary to use our heads.But as far as I know,players will definitely choose gears with savagery,brutality,expertise or haste,even magic resist rather than gears with will,clarity and intellect,the same as choosing lvl99 runes,although makeing too less effect on savagery,brutality and expertise since got high values of them already.

Karen Souldancer

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
I 100% agree with you. It won't be a popular solution for those that built to be able to convert mana to damage, but it seems to be an easy (?) solution to 'fix" a bunch of things.

I don't think it will be that bad. I have a fire wiz that after running elders a fair bit, I regeared and swapped from spamming manafire with mana pots, instead I put points in Rift Bonded for the Mana Fluctuations ultimate, and only firing manafire after I've regained mana or when Arcane Alacrity is up. I don't really need to use mana pots any more, unless I really need a big burst of dps.
Shadow priest still does good damage and consumes less mana if you only throw out DoTs after they have expired/detonated.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
something you said is right,more pots for more dps,yes just more pots.....too simple,no necessary to use our heads.
The ability to "spam" our skills, is earned by building gear sets with specific stats. Which requires knowledge and understanding of the gear and stat system, as well as time and resources to master Villager skills and craft our own gear... or time spent hunting for high-quality dropped gear. So, I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that players who choose to use pots instead of mana stats... aren't using our heads? 😳😬

Because we most definitely ARE... we simply prefer a different build and play-style. 🙂

Reactions: Antavious and Firebird
  • Likex2

Karen Souldancer

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, Android, PC, Steam
I need to clarify a bit - I agree with getting rid of the instant part of the mana pots. I didn't need to put will, intellect, or clarity into my gear. I changed my playstyle a bit - aiming for more optimal use of mana e.g. letting DoTs run out, knowing which spells use a lot of mana, etc. I still use a fair number of mana pots, but I'm not spamming them - i only use another when the mana-over-time runs out.

I DO make use of the instant mana -sometimes it is necessary (Magwood in Flooded Cloisters), or just when you weren't watching close enough and let your mana run out to zero. If mana pots were changed as the OP suggested, I'd start carrying full mana and scornyxs for those situations.

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

runman

Citizen
The ability to "spam" our skills, is earned by building gear sets with specific stats. Which requires knowledge and understanding of the gear and stat system, as well as time and resources to master Villager skills and craft our own gear... or time spent hunting for high-quality dropped gear. So, I'm sure you didn't mean to imply that players who choose to use pots instead of mana stats... aren't using our heads? 😳😬

Because we most definitely ARE... we simply prefer a different build and play-style. 🙂
yeah,but if u choose more will,clarity and intellect,it's impossible to make more damage than people who give up the completely to pick up more savagery,brutality,expertise,poise,flux,glory,onslaught,voidstrike etc. other helpful stats for damage directly,can you understand me?

runman

Citizen
I need to clarify a bit - I agree with getting rid of the instant part of the mana pots. I didn't need to put will, intellect, or clarity into my gear. I changed my playstyle a bit - aiming for more optimal use of mana e.g. letting DoTs run out, knowing which spells use a lot of mana, etc. I still use a fair number of mana pots, but I'm not spamming them - i only use another when the mana-over-time runs out.

I DO make use of the instant mana -sometimes it is necessary (Magwood in Flooded Cloisters), or just when you weren't watching close enough and let your mana run out to zero. If mana pots were changed as the OP suggested, I'd start carrying full mana and scornyxs for those situations.
in fact,i hope those indifferent stats could become a little more popular,and people would try their best to study when to cast single-dmg skills and when Aoe skills,and which skill first,which second...in order to make more damage with as little mana as possible,it will definitely be much more interesting.

runman

Citizen

besides,many folks indeed do more dmg depends only on pots,not put will,clarity and intellect in their layout.

Xantia

Arch Wizard
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
yeah,but if u choose more will,clarity and intellect,it's impossible to make more damage than people who give up the completely to pick up more savagery,brutality,expertise,poise,flux,glory,onslaught,voidstrike etc. other helpful stats for damage directly,can you understand me?
If I understand you correctly, it seems like you want players to use more mana stats and less pots. Because you feel like it's unfair (or unbalanced) that players who use mana stats, might do less damage than those who have chosen to max their dps stats and rely on pots. You also seem to think that a more balanced build, that requires us to choose the best spell rotation for max damage, with the least amount of mana usage, will be more interesting and enjoyable.

Those are all valid opinions and I have no issues with those who choose a more balanced build and thoughtful play style (although, I also carefully consider my spell rotation for max dps... I just don't use mana stats or try to conserve mana 😉).

Where you lose me, is when you ask for pots and skills to be changed, in order to force your play style and preferences on others. 🙅‍♀️

I think it's best to allow players to build and play their characters, the way they prefer. 🙂

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
To me it sounds like you don’t like to use mana pots (understandable) so you like will, intellect and clarity (of course they provide a great deal of comfort in my opinion) but you hate/resent that your dps build is not at the top of dps meters after making these choices.

Humm…… maybe you should make a second toon and spec in the other direction so you can play conservatively most of the time but switch when you feel a desire to max your output or even just get a second set of gear and re-roll talents when you fancy a switch.

Reactions: Firebird and Xantia
  • Likex2

Sumi

Arch Wizard
Characters
Sumia, Sumie, Sumii, Sumio, Sumiu
Platform
iOS, PC
or even just get a second set of gear and re-roll talents when you fancy a switch.
That's what I have done on my hybrid wizard main- to use 5 pots maximum at elders while still being top 5 dps, I have a set of MF rings with will preps on them, a talent setup I use for soloing raids that has 15 in mana (and points in stuff that is not just pure dps), non-blighted buffs, and I use mana relics. If I wanted to, I could do what I used to do and use damage talents, my raid rings, blighted buffs, all damage relics, and get top 1-2dps at the cost of many more pots, but honestly I don't think it's worth it.

Highly recommend finding a build that lets you do pretty good damage still while saving you lots of mana, it's made my quality of life so much better.

Reactions: Antavious and Xantia
  • Likex2

runman

Citizen
To me it sounds like you don’t like to use mana pots (understandable) so you like will, intellect and clarity (of course they provide a great deal of comfort in my opinion) but you hate/resent that your dps build is not at the top of dps meters after making these choices.

Humm…… maybe you should make a second toon and spec in the other direction so you can play conservatively most of the time but switch when you feel a desire to max your output or even just get a second set of gear and re-roll talents when you fancy a switch.
in fact,i like the mana pots,they're very cheap but very useful,much more useful than heal pots.so let's give heal pots a instant portion too,that we don't need healers and heal skills any more lmao.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
in fact,i like the mana pots,they're very cheap but very useful,much more useful than heal pots.so let's give heal pots a instant portion too,that we don't need healers and heal skills any more lmao.
Not the worst suggestion right now crafted healing pots are a bit redundant but its kinda off topic. Even if they did have an instant portion too it would never make healers redundant it would simply give people more options for when a healer isn’t around kinda like the same thing that’s going on right now with mana.

runman

Citizen
If I understand you correctly, it seems like you want players to use more mana stats and less pots. Because you feel like it's unfair (or unbalanced) that players who use mana stats, might do less damage than those who have chosen to max their dps stats and rely on pots. You also seem to think that a more balanced build, that requires us to choose the best spell rotation for max damage, with the least amount of mana usage, will be more interesting and enjoyable.

Those are all valid opinions and I have no issues with those who choose a more balanced build and thoughtful play style (although, I also carefully consider my spell rotation for max dps... I just don't use mana stats or try to conserve mana 😉).

Where you lose me, is when you ask for pots and skills to be changed, in order to force your play style and preferences on others. 🙅‍♀️

I think it's best to allow players to build and play their characters, the way they prefer. 🙂
[/QUOTarriorlove the too cheap mana pots,they make me

Some guys who have played for years told me that,after u got lvl95,u have more scornyx ,full mana and mana pots,u will "win" for being top of the dps list and warrior and priest solo raids,now i really got it.
To tell the truth,i only have 2.9k will,4.2k intellect and 4.3k clarity,but i can often be the top one of the dps with mana pots both in herioc raids and 95 elders run xP.And i still have over 300 stacks of mana pots.So my advice will almost "kill" me lol,but i still did.I must do this cause i like this game and want her go further.Please think about that,as same as a pot,why there's no instant porion in heal pot,what will happen if there is,pls pls pls!
That's all,and don't wanna argue with you anymore,I'm tired,you are totally right,don't reply,thanks!

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
K…..didn’t understand a word of that. could you maybe slow down and rephrase so it’s possible, or maybe could someone else explain that last post.

my interpretation: some one told you something, you have low stats, you own a lot of mana pots and you like the game…..but I don‘t get it?