Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Pirate-Otter.gif

Wait, what? Does that say Pirate instead of Private? It certainly does! Uh-oh. Just what sort of new catastrophe has our bumbling little Private Otter, that inept and ever foolish warrior who seems always to be in need of your help, landed himself into this time?

That’s right, our annual Private Otter event has returned! Many of you already know him well, and for those who don’t, now is your chance to meet this lovably reckless fellow whom you’ll occasionally feel like smacking, and embark upon a truly unique and challenging adventure with him this Equinox season!

The Pirate Otter and the Lost Treasure of the Dunes event will be on the following dates and times:

EU1: Friday, September 25th

• 19:00 CEST
  • 17:00 UTC
  • 10am PDT
  • 1pm EDT

US2: Friday, September 25th
  • 4pm PDT
  • 7pm EDT
  • 20:00 BRT
  • 23:00 UTC

EU2: Saturday, September 26th

US3: Saturday, September 26th
  • 1pm PDT
  • 4pm EDT
  • 17:00 BRT
  • 22:00 CEST
  • 20:00 UTC

US1: Sunday, September 27th
  • 1pm PDT
  • 4pm EDT
*All registered participants please meet in the pool room of Ardent Castle 10 minutes prior to the event.

*Registration for this event closes on: Tuesday, September 22nd

Having been restored to his senses after last year, when he believed himself to be a character from ‘1001 Arabian Nights,’ Private Otter was determined to prove to his dubious platoon just what a truly capable warrior he was, and, so, set about patrolling the Oases on his own one day. But alas, his somewhat limited attention span soon began to wane and he took to daydreaming. So caught up was he in the fanciful imaginings taking place in his head, that Private Otter absently wandered out of the Oases of Anuk’Amon, far away from his platoon, and straight into a band of nearby camping pirates!

The pirates found the clumsy little warrior to be greatly amusing, so much so, that they scooped him up and took him back to their pirate ship with him, where they set about making the bumbling little fellow into one of them -- which wasn’t too difficult after they plied him with gallons of mead. Private Otter quickly became Pirate Otter, and took to his new carousing, loot-seeking life with much gusto.

The pirates are currently searching for the famed, ‘Lost Treasure of the Dunes,’ a stash of riches said to be hidden somewhere within the Oases of Anuk’Amon, buried beneath a long dead Sultan. The pirates have a treasure map, laden with obscure riddles, to guide them to the location, but so far have been unable to decipher the mysterious clues.

One night, after having consumed far too much mead and in the process of doing a merry little jig, Pirate Otter fell overboard the ship. The strong ocean currents swept him away from his new mateys. Still intoxicated, Pirate Otter washed up onto the shores of the Seven Realms all alone, naked and defenseless with no gear at all, but, much to his surprise, with the treasure map in his possession!

Our Level 12 Pirate Otter needs teams to come to his aid! Teams must:

• Raise him up 2 levels, so that he is at least Level 14
  • Run him through the 4 assigned zones he gives them
  • Ensure that he collects all of the items on the list he supplies them with
  • Decipher the riddles on the treasure map
  • Get him back to the Oases of Anuk’Amon, where teams will complete the final tasks, and locate the Lost Treasure of the Dunes buried somewhere beneath the ancient Sultan.

The Rules:
  • Teams will be assigned ahead of time. Since this event has a limited capacity for participants (45 people max), players must register for it in advance. We will post the teams prior to each server’s event, so that all participants can help speed up the formation process at the start in the pool room of Ardent Castle. Additionally, all registered participants will be sent in-game emails prior to the start of the event, letting them know which teams they are on.
  • Pirate Otter will accept no buffs or boosts
  • Pirate Otter must collect all of the items himself, and will accept nothing given to him. All items will go in his bag (or on his person), and he will take a screenshot at the end of the event, as proof that all items have been collected.
  • Pirate Otter does not have a mount.
  • Pirate Otter has one Voltan Resurrect that he may use. He also has gold for travel, which he can only use after he has run through the four assigned zones and is ready to go to the Oases.
  • Pirate Otter may NOT teleport directly to the Oases, but may teleport to Ardent City once the four zones have been completed, then enter the Oases from there.
  • This is a race between teams, and the clock is ticking! The first three teams to complete all of the objectives will be deemed the winners. In the event of a tie, the Pirate Otter with the most xp will be counted as the winner.

Prizes!
  • First Place: 200 Crowns + A Sultan’s Surprise Package
  • Second Place: 150 Crowns + A Sultan’s Surprise Package
  • Third Place: 100 Crowns + A Sultan’s Surprise Package
  • All participants in the Pirate Otter and the Lost Treasure of the Dunes event will receive a special prize for playing.

Volunteers Needed to play Pirate Otters!

We are currently seeking volunteers to play Pirate Otters on all of the servers. Role playing individuals with a love for pirate theatrics are wanted! If you are interested, please contact a member of the Event Committee on your server.

Registration!

As already mentioned, this event has a limited capacity so it is required that players register for it in advance. Please sign up on this on-line form:

Pirate Otter and the Lost Treasure of the Dunes Registration

(Please do not register on this forum thread, but be sure to use the form link above.)

Registration for this event closes on: Tuesday, September 22nd

We have a blast every year with this event, so we hope to see as many of you as possible! Get ready for some fun! 😁

(Also: the expected time duration of this event is just a little over an hour.)

Sultan

Hero
Characters
Account Deleted!
Platform
Android
From what I know about this Event.
It's Giving Advice to Higher level Players How to Help New player With Speed. It also Give advice to Higher level Players How to help them so they can Improve himself. If guide was an Optional... lol

<Mod edit>When you Specially getting a Group For Higher Level Elder bosses such as Level 80,85 and 95. Where in other server it Easy. But at the End of the Day Us3 Server will improve.

GL and All the Best.

Imp

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Platform
iOS, PC
TL/DR summary - sign up to be part of a group that guides a low, level, under geared volunteer who is pretending to be a drunken pirate all over the map gathering things the pirate needs while simultaneously protecting the pirate from him/herself. If you successfully guide your pirate through the mayhem, you may win an awesome prize.

It’s a very fun event. Sign up and enjoy it no matter the outcome.

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
@Sultan us3 has had fantastic turn outs to this event since it came on line you will be surprised. I WAS a private otter volunteer on us3 the first year after it came on line and one other time since. Please Do sign up ( that first private otter event was crucial to me jumping at the chance to become an EC member when asked for US1)

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1
Characters
King Sofiène (Hybrid hunter) King Sofiene 2 (Fury warrior) US3
Platform
PC
Last edited
I enjoyed last year's event , it was alot of fun ! can't wait for this one :D
I have few questions please ,Pirate otter can't use any teleport pad except ardent city's pad. Even if he unlocks the teleport pads in the 4 assigned zones he can't use them , right ? Can teammates split between different zones as long as Pirate otter stay protected ? Also are they allowed to use teleport pads or have to run between zones like Pirate otter and they can't use any pad except ardent city's ?
Does running through 4 zones mean killing all the bounties in each zone ? And do we have to collect some specific items from each zone or we're free to choose where to get each item from ?
I would like to know the otter's gathering lvls as well.
Thanks ^^

Rhinothropic

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Ouch
From what I know about this Event.
It's Giving Advice to Higher level Players How to Help New player With Speed. It also Give advice to Higher level Players How to help them so they can Improve himself. If guide was an Optional... lol

<mod edit>When you Specially getting a Group For Higher Level Elder bosses such as Level 80,85 and 95. Where in other server it Easy. But at the End of the Day Us3 Server will improve.

GL and All the Best.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I have few questions please ,Pirate otter can't use any teleport pad except ardent city's pad. Even if he unlocks the teleport pads in the 4 assigned zones he can't use them , right ? Can teammates split between different zones as long as Pirate otter stay protected ? Also are they allowed to use teleport pads or have to run between zones like Pirate otter and they can't use any pad except ardent city's ?
Does running through 4 zones mean killing all the bounties in each zone ? And do we have to collect some specific items from each zone or we're free to choose where to get each item from ?
Thanks ^^
Pirate Otter cannot use any teleport pads, except for Ardent City, and only after the first set of tasks have been completed. His team must stay together at all times. It is up to your team if you choose to kill all the bounties or not. Your Pirate Otter has a list of items he needs collected, which you will be given. Pirate Otter's gathering level is 15. :) (In the pool room, rules will be gone over as well.)

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Also, I just updated the original post. For those who might be interested: this event usually lasts just a little over an hour.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Thanks ^^
My emphasis

The team essentially have two tasks to complete - level up the Otter, and collect various items. The Pirate Otter has to pick up all items required any gathers or loot MUST be picked up by the otter. If a team member kills a given mob which drops a given item that is no use unless the Otter is close enough to pick up the given item, so there is no point in players jumping away to other zones to collect items. The Otter will also not gain any xp from mobs or bounties killed in other areas, so again there is no benefit to the group from a team splitting up and members running to another zone - or even running too far ahead of the Otter. I have been the Otter on a number of occasions and have seen cases where players rushed ahead and killed bounties - and I as the Otter got no credit because I was not close enough.

I'm not on the event committee, so this is not a definitive answer of what may or may not be required by the rules, but I would suggest it answers the more practical issue of will it help the team in any way.

Reactions: King Sofiène
  • Lovex1
Characters
Platform
PC
there is no point in players jumping away to other zones to collect items. The Otter will also not gain any xp from mobs or bounties killed in other areas, so again there is no benefit to the group from a team splitting up and members running to another zone - or even running too far ahead of the Otter.
Definitely ! it would be pointless to kill bounties and mobs if otter is not in range, but splitting up in the same zone can be useful to search for mobs for example so we don't waste much time roaming around with little otter, We have to keep some guards around him though so he doesn't die. There are other benefits but i don't wanna share all my cards hehe :)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Definitely ! it would be pointless to kill bounties and mobs if otter is not in range, but splitting up in the same zone can be useful to search for mobs for example so we don't waste much time roaming around with little otter, We have to keep some guards around him though so he doesn't die.
This won't work. To quote Sarah Otter:
His team must stay together at all times.
I would interpret this to mean within a reasonable distance of each other, not simply the whole team being in the same zone.

• Likex1
Characters
Platform
PC
Another question , can otter buy the buffs from travelling food vendors if one happens to be in one of the assigned zones ? it doesn't break the rule since he's not taking items from other players, also in case he's allowed to use the gold given to him only to teleport to ardent city can he use the gold he collects from killing mobs and bounties to buy the buffs ? you can tell how excited i am for the event :D thanks for all the answers ! :)

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
as a former otter I can tell you he needs the whole team with him, if it is like previous years he has to pick up certain pieces of gear but can not always equipt it I ran around gearless and only in skivvies as all the gear I had to pick up I could not equip.

• Hahax1

Celebron.

Hunter
Characters
Tirius, Celebron, Arekan
Platform
iOS, PC
View attachment 8966

Wait, what? Does that say Pirate instead of Private? It certainly does! Uh-oh. Just what sort of new catastrophe has our bumbling little Private Otter, that inept and ever foolish warrior who seems always to be in need of your help, landed himself into this time?

That’s right, our annual Private Otter event has returned! Many of you already know him well, and for those who don’t, now is your chance to meet this lovably reckless fellow whom you’ll occasionally feel like smacking, and embark upon a truly unique and challenging adventure with him this Equinox season!

The Pirate Otter and the Lost Treasure of the Dunes event will be on the following dates and times:

EU1: Friday, September 25th

• 10am PDT
  • 1pm EDT

US2: Friday, September 25th
  • 4pm PDT
  • 7pm EDT
  • 20:00 BRT
  • 23:00 UTC

EU2: Saturday, September 26th

US3: Saturday, September 26th
  • 1pm PDT
  • 4pm EDT

US1: Sunday, September 27th
  • 1pm PDT
  • 4pm EDT
*All registered participants please meet in the pool room of Ardent Castle 10 minutes prior to the event.

*Registration for this event closes on: Tuesday, September 22nd

Having been restored to his senses after last year, when he believed himself to be a character from ‘1001 Arabian Nights,’ Private Otter was determined to prove to his dubious platoon just what a truly capable warrior he was, and, so, set about patrolling the Oases on his own one day. But alas, his somewhat limited attention span soon began to wane and he took to daydreaming. So caught up was he in the fanciful imaginings taking place in his head, that Private Otter absently wandered out of the Oases of Anuk’Amon, far away from his platoon, and straight into a band of nearby camping pirates!

The pirates found the clumsy little warrior to be greatly amusing, so much so, that they scooped him up and took him back to their pirate ship with him, where they set about making the bumbling little fellow into one of them -- which wasn’t too difficult after they plied him with gallons of mead. Private Otter quickly became Pirate Otter, and took to his new carousing, loot-seeking life with much gusto.

The pirates are currently searching for the famed, ‘Lost Treasure of the Dunes,’ a stash of riches said to be hidden somewhere within the Oases of Anuk’Amon, buried beneath a long dead Sultan. The pirates have a treasure map, laden with obscure riddles, to guide them to the location, but so far have been unable to decipher the mysterious clues.

One night, after having consumed far too much mead and in the process of doing a merry little jig, Pirate Otter fell overboard the ship. The strong ocean currents swept him away from his new mateys. Still intoxicated, Pirate Otter washed up onto the shores of the Seven Realms all alone, naked and defenseless with no gear at all, but, much to his surprise, with the treasure map in his possession!

Our Level 12 Pirate Otter needs teams to come to his aid! Teams must:

• Raise him up 2 levels, so that he is at least Level 14
  • Run him through the 4 assigned zones he gives them
  • Ensure that he collects all of the items on the list he supplies them with
  • Decipher the riddles on the treasure map
  • Get him back to the Oases of Anuk’Amon, where teams will complete the final tasks, and locate the Lost Treasure of the Dunes buried somewhere beneath the ancient Sultan.

The Rules:
  • Teams will be assigned ahead of time. Since this event has a limited capacity for participants (45 people max), players must register for it in advance. We will post the teams prior to each server’s event, so that all participants can help speed up the formation process at the start in the pool room of Ardent Castle. Additionally, all registered participants will be sent in-game emails prior to the start of the event, letting them know which teams they are on.
  • Pirate Otter will accept no buffs or boosts
  • Pirate Otter must collect all of the items himself, and will accept nothing given to him. All items will go in his bag (or on his person), and he will take a screenshot at the end of the event, as proof that all items have been collected.
  • Pirate Otter does not have a mount.
  • Pirate Otter has one Voltan Resurrect that he may use. He also has gold for travel, which he can only use after he has run through the four assigned zones and is ready to go to the Oases.
  • Pirate Otter may NOT teleport directly to the Oases, but may teleport to Ardent City once the four zones have been completed, then enter the Oases from there.
  • This is a race between teams, and the clock is ticking! The first three teams to complete all of the objectives will be deemed the winners. In the event of a tie, the Pirate Otter with the most xp will be counted as the winner.

Prizes!
  • First Place: 200 Crowns + A Sultan’s Surprise Package
  • Second Place: 150 Crowns + A Sultan’s Surprise Package
  • Third Place: 100 Crowns + A Sultan’s Surprise Package
  • All participants in the Pirate Otter and the Lost Treasure of the Dunes event will receive a special prize for playing.

Volunteers Needed to play Pirate Otters!

We are currently seeking volunteers to play Pirate Otters on all of the servers. Role playing individuals with a love for pirate theatrics are wanted! If you are interested, please contact a member of the Event Committee on your server.

Registration!

As already mentioned, this event has a limited capacity so it is required that players register for it in advance. Please sign up on this on-line form:

Pirate Otter and the Lost Treasure of the Dunes Registration

(Please do not register on this forum thread, but be sure to use the form link above.)

Registration for this event closes on: Tuesday, September 22nd

We have a blast every year with this event, so we hope to see as many of you as possible! Get ready for some fun! 😁

(Also: the expected time duration of this event is just a little over an hour.)
What do you mean by no buffs? Does that mean no warcry's or marksman speed boosts? or is that only consumable buffs?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Talent or feats buffs (like Dash) are ok. Consumable (like pies) are not. (Or at least that has been how it is has been in the past, and I see no reason why it would have changed.)

Basically you can't trade anything to the Otter for them to use.

Celebron.

Hunter
Characters
Tirius, Celebron, Arekan
Platform
iOS, PC
Talent or feats buffs (like Dash) are ok. Consumable (like pies) are not. (Or at least that has been how it is has been in the past, and I see no reason why it would have changed.)

Basically you can't trade anything to the Otter for them to use.
k thanks

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Wow Private Pirate Otter has grown over the years. I don't think he had clothes the first year but Imp is right. He is the numb-knuckled-bird-brainless toon you will ever encounter. And if you don't watch him he will walk right off the path. Someone will have to walk behind him with a stick to keep him going.. talk about dilly dallying he wrote the book. Hopefully you won't have to order him around. He wouldn't bend over to even pick up a zog unless we yelled at him. At the end of our tour of duty that first year I wrote the commanding officer and had everything documented so the court marshal would not be delayed. I can't believe he is still in the service and he has actually earned some levels somewhere along the way.. maybe when he was in Ft. Leavenworth.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Wow Private Pirate Otter has grown over the years. I don't think he had clothes the first year but Imp is right. He is the numb-knuckled-bird-brainless toon you will ever encounter. And if you don't watch him he will walk right off the path. Someone will have to walk behind him with a stick to keep him going.. talk about dilly dallying he wrote the book. Hopefully you won't have to order him around. He wouldn't bend over to even pick up a zog unless we yelled at him. At the end of our tour of duty that first year I wrote the commanding officer and had everything documented so the court marshal would not be delayed. I can't believe he is still in the service and he has actually earned some levels somewhere along the way.. maybe when he was in Ft. Leavenworth.
Sounds to me like you had one of the brighter otters

Fluffed

Reader
Characters
Fluffed
Platform
iOS
Sounds like a very fun event! I wonder if it would be okay to join in this event even if Im relatively new, not a high level, with no healing support for other characters? I feel like more of the otter than a player...:unsure: