Rizzo Celestone

Bog Frog
Characters
Rizzo, Azzurra, Menolly, Mysty, AquaLily, MooseDog, Panda Coconut
Platform
Android, PC
Can I buy crowns or an item, like a mount and send it to someone else's account? My grandson would like a tiger mount that I would like to gift him

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Can I buy crowns or an item, like a mount and send it to someone else's account? My grandson would like a tiger mount that I would like to gift him
You can buy him a mount and gift it to him as long as you do not open (double click) on the item first. Once you do that it is soulbound. But the mount comes from the shop as a single item in your bag which can be given (mailed or traded) to another player on your server.

The crown bags, which could be gifted, have been discontinued for the time being due to player abuse.

So yes, you can buy and gift a tiger to your grandson!

Reactions: Rizzo Celestone
  • Likex1

Rizzo Celestone

Bog Frog
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
You can buy him a mount and gift it to him as long as you do not open (double click) on the item first. Once you do that it is soulbound. But the mount comes from the shop as a single item in your bag which can be given (mailed or traded) to another player on your server.

The crown bags, which could be gifted, have been discontinued for the time being due to player abuse.

So yes, you can buy and gift a tiger to your grandson!
thank you for the info! His auntie just bought one and he wants one now, well I want one too, lol!

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
You can gift a mount if:
- you have the requirements of being at least lvl 40 on a toon, bought rl money crowns at least once etcetcerc
- you do NOT use the 'buy and use' option from the item shop! That is very important, otherwise your toon will equip the mount itself. You need toto put it in your chart first.

Rizzo Celestone

Bog Frog
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
You can gift a mount if:
- you have the requirements of being at least lvl 40 on a toon, bought rl money crowns at least once etcetcerc
- you do NOT use the 'buy and use' option from the item shop! That is very important, otherwise your toon will equip the mount itself. You need toto put it in your chart first.
do I have to be level 40 or who I want to send it to? Neither of us are that high yet. Thanks

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
If he is on Android, the easiest thing would probably be to get a Google Play gift card and buy crowns with that directly on his account.

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
At present only a player using SAC and with at least one character above level 40 is able to trade items from the shop.

In this context "above level 40" means that at least one char on the account must have, at some stage have passed level 40 (ie you do not lose the option by rebirth). Unfortunately Devs were forced to make this restriction to prevent exploits.

So do not purchase the mount you want to send until you reach level 40, and be sure to use the SAC and a computer to buy it (ie not Google or iOS and not Steam). It does not matter if you normally play on Android or iOS, as long as you use SAC to buy the item (as I understand it).

• Likex1

Rizzo Celestone

Bog Frog
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
At present only a player using SAC and with at least one character above level 40 is able to trade items from the shop.

In this context "above level 40" means that at least one char on the account must have, at some stage have passed level 40 (ie you do not lose the option by rebirth). Unfortunately Devs were forced to make this restriction to prevent exploits.

So do not purchase the mount you want to send until you reach level 40, and be sure to use the SAC and a computer to buy it (ie not Google or iOS and not Steam). It does not matter if you normally play on Android or iOS, as long as you use SAC to buy the item (as I understand it).
Don't know what SAC is?? I use both PC and Tablet, Android as does grandson.

I'm a new player myself and have never played a game like this nor have I ever spent REAL MONEY on an online game before. My willingness to do so now shows how much I'm enjoying the game as well as my respect for the Devs. Their keeping us informed of what was happening with the hack and game being down really impressed me. Both my daughters , son in law and oldest grandson were playing, though not long themselves either. I figured I could learn with grandson and have daughters help guide me. Also have to say how nice the game community is and how helpful they have been to all of us.

I guess the real drawback i that neither of us have made it to Lv 40 yet. Was gonna take advantage of the crown sale right now.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
SAC = Stand Alone Client (ie the direct PC download onto your PC).

I think you should be able to buy crowns now on sale and keep them until hitting 40, then buy the mount (using PC) and you should then be able to trade it. (Also be sure to use the "Add to Cart" option to make sure your own character doesn't automatically use the mount.)

• Likex1

Rizzo Celestone

Bog Frog
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
SAC = Stand Alone Client (ie the direct PC download onto your PC).

I think you should be able to buy crowns now on sale and keep them until hitting 40, then buy the mount (using PC) and you should then be able to trade it. (Also be sure to use the "Add to Cart" option to make sure your own character doesn't automatically use the mount.)
Ah, thank you so much for clarifying and translating terms. I really appreciate how helpful everyone is!

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I just took advantage of the sale myself. I play on Android. I had a Google Play gift card. I logged into my account, clicked the icon to buy crowns, and when the Google Pay came up, just redeemed the card then and got the crowns. Very simple and easy. You should be able to do the same on your grandsons account.

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
I just had a vault gifted by a toon that had rebirthed at 30 but never reached 40 yet, does this apply to mounts also? Hope it wasn't a bug!

Bluefire

Squirrel
Characters
Cerci Bluefire
Platform
Steam
I'm sad that I missed the chance to purchase crowns during the sale. It's not that I didn't see that the sale was going on, but more that it happened too far away from the end of the month (payday). ;-(

Gotthard

Priestess
Platform
PC
Last edited
Wow, I did not know that you can actually buy a mount and gift it to someone else. That is rather great actually. The bad part, is that I have to reach level 40 on a toon, and taking into consideration the fact that I am a newbie to the game, it will take me a while until I reach that freaking level. Oh, by the way guys, don't you know what kind of payment system the developers are using for the ingame transactions?! It looks very similar to the gambling payment processors that I have been working with.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Items from the crown shop can be traded if the following criteria are met.

1) The player purchased the items from the crown shop whilst playing on a PC using the SAC (ie not Steam)
2) The player has a character on that server that has, at some stage, been over level 40
3) The player has actually purchased crowns at some stage (ie not just won them from eg Fan Friday)

In the case of items like mounts it is also necessary to make sure to use the the option to ADD TO CART not Buy and use or quickbuy

Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
Android, PC
3) The player has actually purchased crowns at some stage (ie not just won them from eg Fan Friday)
Hmm, do you have to have bought the crowns also on the PC client? Like if I bought crowns on the mobile client and then switch to PC to buy items, are the items tradable?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Hmm, do you have to have bought the crowns also on the PC client? Like if I bought crowns on the mobile client and then switch to PC to buy items, are the items tradable?
I believe so, yes. As long as you have purchased crowns at least once it doesn't matter where. At worst, you would only have to buy crowns on PC once, since once you meet the condition it stays.

I can't be 100% positive about that, since I had already met the conditions before mobile even existed, but I believe that as long as you meet the other criteria, all that matters is that you log onto to a PC to actually buy the items from the crown shop.