Heisi

Shaman
Platform
  1. Steam
Thank you for the patch notes !

A lot of interesting changes coming though I'm not sure about trading +20% detonation chance on Unstable Power (40% upped to 60%) against removing the critical chance bonus on it...
Sure it will restore some of the "impactful" feel of Shadow Priest gameplay (who doesn't love the shacking-screen-big-damage effect 😁) but without critical chance bonus the damage output will probably remain lackluster, we'll see^^

There are also a lot of Bug Fixes, thank you also for that, but I didn't see any mention of the Poison Shot Augmentation Rune being fixed.
I opened a thread in "Bugs & Technical Issues" on March 17th about that.
https://villagersandheroes.com/foru...ugmentation-rune-on-the-rings-is-broken.8302/

This bug has a significant impact on Nature Hunters that have several of these runes in their equipment as each of these runes increases the damage of our most powerful feat "Poison Shot" by 5%.
So there is a lot of damage missing right now, as well as rune slots populated for nothing !

Could you please specify if the "Bug Fixes" listing is exhaustive or if some included fixes are currently not documented ?

V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Thank you for the patch notes !

A lot of interesting changes coming though I'm not sure about trading +20% detonation chance on Unstable Power (40% upped to 60%) against removing the critical chance bonus on it...
Sure it will restore some of the "impactful" feel of Shadow Priest gameplay (who doesn't love the shacking-screen-big-damage effect 😁) but without critical chance bonus the damage output will probably remain lackluster, we'll see^^

There are also a lot of Bug Fixes, thank you also for that, but I didn't see any mention of the Poison Shot Augmentation Rune being fixed.
I opened a thread in "Bugs & Technical Issues" on March 17th about that.
https://villagersandheroes.com/foru...ugmentation-rune-on-the-rings-is-broken.8302/

This bug has a significant impact on Nature Hunters that have several of these runes in their equipment as each of these runes increases the damage of our most powerful feat "Poison Shot" by 5%.
So there is a lot of damage missing right now, as well as rune slots populated for nothing !

Could you please specify if the "Bug Fixes" listing is exhaustive or if some included fixes are currently not documented ?

There were no changes made to Poison Shot or its Augmentation Runes in the mana build updates. However I tried reproducing the issue you described and was unable to do so.

"This bug has a significant impact on Nature Hunters that have several of these runes in their equipment as each of these runes increases the damage of our most powerful feat "Poison Shot" by 5%."

I did not see any mention of 5% or percentages in general for Poison Shot augmentation runes on live. They should increase damage as an integer.
1679752436014.png

Poison Shot tick without an augmentation rune active:
1679752938482.png
Poison Shot tick with an augmentation rune active:
1679752945377.png

I would recommend checking other effects such as Tranquility, Poise, Flux etc. which can have an impact on your ability power and thus your damage output.

If you are still seeing this issue after that, please send a bug report

Reactions: Heisi and Josh
  • Likex2

Inasani

Citizen
Last edited
There were no changes made to Poison Shot or its Augmentation Runes in the mana build updates. However I tried reproducing the issue you described and was unable to do so.

"This bug has a significant impact on Nature Hunters that have several of these runes in their equipment as each of these runes increases the damage of our most powerful feat "Poison Shot" by 5%."

I did not see any mention of 5% or percentages in general for Poison Shot augmentation runes on live. They should increase damage as an integer.
1679752436014.png

1679752938482.png

1679752945377.png

I would recommend checking other effects such as Tranquility, Poise, Flux etc. which can have an impact on your ability power and thus your damage output.

Just watch the tooltip of poison shot (skillbar), than remove a belt/ring with poison shot+ and compare the numbers = no changes (in that numbers)

If you do the same thing with e.q. noxious shot, you will see a change in the numbers...

So something IS wrong.

Edit: But you are also right V. I tested with and without poison shot+ equip. The damage changes. So maybe only showing tooltip of poison shot in skillbar buggy?

Reactions: Heisi
  • Likex1

V

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Just watch the tooltip of poison shot (skillbar), than remove a belt/ring with poison shot+ and compare the numbers = no changes (in that numbers)

If you do the same thing with e.q. noxious shot, you will see a change in the numbers...

So something IS wrong.

Can you send in a bug report? I am not seeing this behavior.

Poison Shot without augmentation rune:
1679757873191.png
Poison Shot with augmentation rune:
1679757893677.png

Reactions: Heisi and Josh
  • Likex2

Josh

Villager
Platform
  1. Android

View attachment 19182

View attachment 19185
View attachment 19186

Is just "Seasoned Botanist" ultimate messing with the tooltip or tooltip of DoT Feats/Spell. Atleast, I think so. With that, I wonder if "Seasoned Botanist" will also affect Parasite's duration or not, too *forgot*

Reactions: V
  • Wowx1

Heisi

Shaman
Platform
  1. Steam
Last edited

View attachment 19182

View attachment 19185
View attachment 19186

Thank you for taking the time to test it yourself ! I guess you have a lot on your plate at the moment so I appreciate your time and effort.
This is indeed just a tooltip error as @Inasani already posted.
After the mana patch went live I checked all my weapon runes to see if something went wrong and so I spotted the issue with Concussion Shot and Wounding Shot damage being lowered.
I also saw the damage listed on my Poison Shot tooltip lowered and realised that with or without my rings equiped (both with Poison Shot augmentation runes) the tooltip showed the same damage.
I then falsely assumed (and I apologize for that) that these augmentation runes were broken, whereas this is just a minor tooltip bug.
I tested it thoroughly and each augmentation rune brings indeed around +5% damage bonus on the feat despite what the tooltip shows.

Pre-Mana Patch : (Max-Level Poison Shot / Noxious Shot / Woodland Arrow tooltips with each augmentation runes on both rings)
Poison Shot - pre mana patch.jpgNoxious Shot - pre mana patch.jpgWoodland Arrow - pre mana patch.jpgRing with augmentation runes.jpg

Post-Mana Patch : (Max-Level Poison Shot / Noxious Shot / Woodland Arrow tooltips with each augmentation runes on both rings)
Poison Shot - post mana patch.jpgNoxious Shot - post mana patch.jpgWoodland Arrow - post mana patch.jpgRing with augmentation runes.jpg

Post-Mana Patch : (Max-Level Poison Shot / Noxious Shot / Woodland Arrow tooltips without both rings equiped)
Poison Shot - post mana patch - without rings.jpgNoxious Shot - post mana patch - without rings.jpgWoodland Arrow - post mana patch - without rings.jpg

Damage with and without rings equiped tested for Poison Shot and Woodland Arrow (no Tranquility charge, all Glyph Bonuses equal) :

Poison Shot damage tick without augmentation runes : Poison Shot tick without augmentation runes.jpg
Poison Shot damage tick with 2 augmentation runes :Poison Shot tick with augmentation runes.jpg
Woodland Arrow base damage without augmentation runes :Woodland Arrow base damage - without rings.jpg
Woodland Arrow base damage with 2 augmentation runes :Woodland Arrow base damage - with rings.jpg

So this is indeed just a tooltip bug for Poison Shot, not being updated by any augmentation rune on the equipment, while the damage of the feat is correctly enhanced by roughly 5% per Lvl95 augmentation rune.

Then again, my apologies for wasting your time on an insignificant tooltip bug, you have more important things to focus on at the moment and I'll do my best to be more accurate when reporting a bug from now on.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Who was added to the memorial?

A long time player on US1, from the early days of VH – Starflower1.

I’m always hesitant and uncomfortable putting a player’s name in the Patch Notes, because I don’t know if that is what they would have wanted, but I wanted to signal to those who had contacted me and knew and loved her, that we had added her name to the memorial. Because I knew they would know when they saw it.

And since this post isn’t the patch notes, now I can say: Starflower1, Mad Otter salutes you, thank you for having been a part of our VH family all of these years.

Josh

Villager
Platform
  1. Android
A long time player on US1, from the early days of VH – Starflower1.

I’m always hesitant and uncomfortable putting a player’s name in the Patch Notes, because I don’t know if that is what they would have wanted, but I wanted to signal to those who had contacted me and knew and loved her, that we had added her name to the memorial. Because I knew they would know when they saw it.

And since this post isn’t the patch notes, now I can say: Starflower1, Mad Otter salutes you, thank you for having been a part of our VH family all of these years.
:( my condolence. Rest in peace starflower1.

Reactions: zakattack5766 and IrishElf
  • Sadx1
  • Likex1

zakattack5766

Legendary Hero
Characters
Zak Attack 5766, zakking, spellBlasterzak, StarFlower1, Sugar in Spice.
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Hi, Everyone,

This Monday, March 27th, we will be pushing a new build, and we thought you all might be interested in reading the Patch Notes for it before then. ;)

You can read the Patch Notes for the upcoming build here. (Or just click Patch Notes on our website.)
thank you for adding my nanas toon to the fallen hero's memorial

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
My condolences Zak. I didn't get to talk to her much as Starflower1 but we chatted when she was with you on your first priest! She was a nice lady and will be missed.

Reactions: Zazie and zakattack5766
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Last edited
After reading a lot of posts about the recent update I want to express my own thoughts... as a player.

Since the beginning of the game players have always been jealous of "the other class". I've seen people complaining about "this class is OP" so much so that the devs were constantly trying to make people happy. We now have the result of all that "adjusting" and it pinches a bit having some of the OP'dness taken away.

It always seemed to me that range fighters never thought they were powerful enough unless they could pull aggro from the tanks, which is absolutely silly. Other games might be that way but our roles in V&H were pretty much defined at one time. With the adjustments being made, we all are going to be back to where we should be. IE: The tank controls the boss and keeps focus on themselves while the range fighters kill it. The tank must have the ability to keep the aggro focus with dmg and threat. Range fighters need to once again be "glass cannons".

I regularly see the range fighters being able to pull aggro from the tank (no matter how strong the tank is) and the result is we see the warriors running behind the boss while the range fighters laugh. And I mean they do laugh that ugly male toon laugh because they know their defense is strong enough to withstand the boss's attack and that they can kill the boss easily.

We all need to be a little more patient while the balance is regained so we can hunt in groups that compliment each others strengths and weaknesses; while still being able to solo.

zakattack5766

Legendary Hero
Characters
Zak Attack 5766, zakking, spellBlasterzak, StarFlower1, Sugar in Spice.
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
My condolences Zak. I didn't get to talk to her much as Starflower1 but we chatted when she was with you on your first priest! She was a nice lady and will be missed.
thank you

Lalocat

Adventurer
Characters
Lalocat Vla Laniss
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
We all need to be a little more patient while the balance is regained so we can hunt in groups that compliment each others strengths and weaknesses; while still being able to solo.

How much time do people spend playing in groups versus alone though? I play alone almost all the time, and the changes make the game much less enjoyable. Even once the bugs are ironed out and the game is perfect - according to you, as a player - it's still not going to be anywhere near as good for me as it was before.

Reactions: Renaiss and Squonk
  • Likex2