Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

We will be bringing the servers down within the next few hours to push a small patch to live. As always, we can’t give an exact time, but we’ll provide a 15 minute in-game warning, just prior to bringing them down.

This patch has a number of bug fixes and improvements! Guild only raids have been added, for example, and for those of you who have been experiencing low FPS in Mulgrew Swamp, this issue should now be resolved.

Please note: We do have a fix for the fleetindra not dropping bug. However, the late timing was such that we were not able to get the fix for it into this current build. It is fixed, and will be in our next live patch. Thank you to those who reported it.

Patch Notes 4.62.2

General

• AliasSam has been added to the Fallen Heroes Memorial

Improvements
  • Lilith will now summon Snowmen on solo raids at tiers higher than *Gold*.
  • Also, Snowmen snowball speed has been reduced by 20%.
  • Attempted to clarify Brittling Chill alternate mastery text:
    • *BEFORE* - "[Ice Shield] now additionally grants an absorb shield proportional to [Ice Shield]'s power."
    • *AFTER*"[Ice Shield] now additionally grants an absorb shield proportional to [Ice Shield]'s Armor and Magic Resist power."
  • Grimoire of Fire tooltip will now show the Onslaught value as decreasing. For example, instead of showing:
  • "99% enemy health threshold" It will instead show: "-1% enemy health threshold" (This will hopefully make it more clear that it is decreasing the amount of health the enemy can have for the bonus damage to apply.)
  • Orla's Veldt memorization pattern is now capped at 10.
  • Attempted some more performance optimizations on Mulgrew Swamp.
  • Hopefully improved pathing on chains in Zell's lower lair.
  • The Red Prince health regeneration after summoning Blood Witches has been reduced by 30%.
  • The aggro range of mobs in Bellamere Palace has been reduced by 43%.
  • Blood Pool will deal damage 2.5 seconds after the bubbles appear.
  • Added the option for players to create guild-only raids.
  • The Siren ability, "Alluring Song", can now be dodged.
  • Made Life Sap description more readable.
  • Zell is now invulnerable while falling. He will become vulnerable again once he lands.
  • The comets that fall while fighting Mushi will randomly select a target instead of always targeting the same player.

Bug Fixes
  • Hopefully fixed issue that was causing players to get disconnected in the Flooded Cloisters.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a held item (tool or weapon) to appear if the shop preview was opened.
  • Fixed issue that cause Grimoire of Fire effect, "Fire Bomb" to sometimes not deal damage.
  • Fixed issue that allowed some players to walk under water in Mulgrew Swamp in the Forsaken Falls.
  • This should fix an issue that caused the raid leaderboards to show the new tier once it was unlocked (but not yet completed). Now the leaderboard will only display a tier after it has been completed once.
  • Fixed issue that allowed players to jump on invisible blocker in Bandicott Woods.
  • Fixed issue that caused Unnatural Chill debuff text to read "0%" when the effect "Inner Warmth" expires.
  • Fixed issue with "Burning Mantle" tooltip that said it had a range of 20m, instead of a range of Self.
  • Fixed issue that caused Lilith to continuously gain affixes whenever she left combat.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to die to Nicodemus while standing on the chains.
  • Fixed issue that caused Nicodemus to have lower health. Also, slightly increased the health of other bosses in Orla's Veldt.
  • Fixed tooltip issue with rare and epic Book of Songs relics that caused them to show the same stat-breaker value.
  • Removed floating mushroom at 300.9 364.6 150.0 in The Depths
  • Fixed rock that didn't have a collider at 11.7 228.7 154.4 in Shadow Fated Terratrias
  • When Nicodemus is killed, then disable his fire purge effect.
  • Fixed an issue that required open parties to light 15 candles when there were only 14.
  • Fixed hole below Egan's waterfall.
  • Fixed issue that the gathering skills button to still be active/clickable even when not visible.
  • Fixed area in the Red Prince's throne room that was safe from the Blood Pool.
  • Fixed issue that caused mobs in Orla's Veldt to get stuck on the rock at -41.0 41.9 -9.2.
  • Fixed issue that caused Unstable Magma to change to a stone skin upon leaving combat.
  • Fixed precipitation in Mulgrew Swamp that wasn't appearing.

PC Only
  • Fixed issue that caused Zell's Crest to not appear on a targets header.
  • Effects on the center bar will now show 10 per row (used to be 12). This will fix an issue that caused effects to get cut off on certain resolutions.
  • Fixed issue that caused resolution changes not to apply.

Mobile Only
  • Fixed an issue where the mobile map highlight was showing the wrong way around.
  • Hitbox of the mini-map has been reduced.
  • Fixed an issue that would show progress from one goal on another goal.
  • Fixed issue that caused the left side of the screen to be unusable.
  • Adjusted the size of the character portrait hitbox to be much smaller.

Xii

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Xi, Plavuša
Platform
Android, PC
Hi, Everyone,

We will be bringing the servers down within the next few hours to push a small patch to live. As always, we can’t give an exact time, but we’ll provide a 15 minute in-game warning, just prior to bringing them down.

This patch has a number of bug fixes and improvements! Guild only raids have been added, for example, and for those of you who have been experiencing low FPS in Mulgrew Swamp, this issue should now be resolved.

Please note: We do have a fix for the fleetindra not dropping bug. However, the late timing was such that we were not able to get the fix for it into this current build. It is fixed, and will be in our next live patch. Thank you to those who reported it.

Patch Notes 4.62.2

General

• AliasSam has been added to the Fallen Heroes Memorial

Improvements
  • Attempted to clarify Brittling Chill alternate mastery text:
    • *BEFORE* - "[Ice Shield] now additionally grants an absorb shield proportional to [Ice Shield]'s power."
    • *AFTER*"[Ice Shield] now additionally grants an absorb shield proportional to [Ice Shield]'s Armor and Magic Resist power."
  • Grimoire of Fire tooltip will now show the Onslaught value as decreasing. For example, instead of showing:
  • "99% enemy health threshold" It will instead show: "-1% enemy health threshold" (This will hopefully make it more clear that it is decreasing the amount of health the enemy can have for the bonus damage to apply.)
  • Orla's Veldt memorization pattern is now capped at 10.
  • Attempted some more performance optimizations on Mulgrew Swamp.
  • Hopefully improved pathing on chains in Zell's lower lair.
  • The Red Prince health regeneration after summoning Blood Witches has been reduced by 30%.
  • The aggro range of mobs in Bellamere Palace has been reduced by 43%.
  • Blood Pool will deal damage 2.5 seconds after the bubbles appear.
  • Added the option for players to create guild-only raids.
  • The Siren ability, "Alluring Song", can now be dodged.
  • Made Life Sap description more readable.
  • Zell is now invulnerable while falling. He will become vulnerable again once he lands.
  • The comets that fall while fighting Mushi will randomly select a target instead of always targeting the same player.

Bug Fixes
  • Hopefully fixed issue that was causing players to get disconnected in the Flooded Cloisters.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a held item (tool or weapon) to appear if the shop preview was opened.
  • Fixed issue that cause Grimoire of Fire effect, "Fire Bomb" to sometimes not deal damage.
  • Fixed issue that allowed some players to walk under water in Mulgrew Swamp in the Forsaken Falls.
  • This should fix an issue that caused the raid leaderboards to show the new tier once it was unlocked (but not yet completed). Now the leaderboard will only display a tier after it has been completed once.
  • Fixed issue that allowed players to jump on invisible blocker in Bandicott Woods.
  • Fixed issue that caused Unnatural Chill debuff text to read "0%" when the effect "Inner Warmth" expires.
  • Fixed issue with "Burning Mantle" tooltip that said it had a range of 20m, instead of a range of Self.
  • Fixed issue that caused Lilith to continuously gain affixes whenever she left combat.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to die to Nicodemus while standing on the chains.
  • Fixed issue that caused Nicodemus to have lower health. Also, slightly increased the health of other bosses in Orla's Veldt.
  • Fixed tooltip issue with rare and epic Book of Songs relics that caused them to show the same stat-breaker value.
  • Removed floating mushroom at 300.9 364.6 150.0 in The Depths
  • Fixed rock that didn't have a collider at 11.7 228.7 154.4 in Shadow Fated Terratrias
  • When Nicodemus is killed, then disable his fire purge effect.
  • Fixed an issue that required open parties to light 15 candles when there were only 14.
  • Fixed hole below Egan's waterfall.
  • Fixed issue that the gathering skills button to still be active/clickable even when not visible.
  • Fixed area in the Red Prince's throne room that was safe from the Blood Pool.
  • Fixed issue that caused mobs in Orla's Veldt to get stuck on the rock at -41.0 41.9 -9.2.
  • Fixed issue that caused Unstable Magma to change to a stone skin upon leaving combat.
  • Fixed precipitation in Mulgrew Swamp that wasn't appearing.

PC Only
  • Fixed issue that caused Zell's Crest to not appear on a targets header.
  • Effects on the center bar will now show 10 per row (used to be 12). This will fix an issue that caused effects to get cut off on certain resolutions.
  • Fixed issue that caused resolution changes not to apply.

Mobile Only
  • Fixed an issue where the mobile map highlight was showing the wrong way around.
  • Hitbox of the mini-map has been reduced.
  • Fixed an issue that would show progress from one goal on another goal.
  • Fixed issue that caused the left side of the screen to be unusable.
  • Adjusted the size of the character portrait hitbox to be much smaller.
same is for legend vs celestial

Reactions: Mari
  • Likex1

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Hehe, wait, how can their snowballs * giggles * speed be reduced if Snowmen are just getting added? 🤪

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Lilith will now summon Snowmen on solo raids at tiers higher than *Gold*.
I just did a solo run on gold, and the icemen were summoned. So it is from gold?

sirbabbo

Warrior
Platform
iOS
Having issues when I die with rezzies in my bag space being automatically used instead of a choice in a orlas area! Some of my guildees have experienced this issue, lucky I only had one but others have gone through a lot. Not sure why they are doing this auto?

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Would it be possible to reduce the frequency of elemental spawns? They spawn so quickly currently
1626184586589.png

Reactions: Carly, Emmyy and Jytal
  • Likex3

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
I just noticed, that we get ingame message about Nicodemus being killed.

Minus

Lumineer
Platform
iOS
Is Orla's Veldt still solo-able at Heroic 10+? :cautious:
It's a time management issue for me. Nico isn't necessarily harder, just takes much longer to defeat. I'll need a flawless run to solo Veldt, otherwise I just run out of time. A DPS build should have no issue, but would be a challenge for melee tanks unless one uses raid boosts or darrig potions.

Platform
Android, PC
With his improved health, Nicodemos now spawns a ring of fire about 4 times for me hence I am losing a lot of time fighting him, and a little more time lost keeping my distance from him in anticipation of that fatal ring of fire. I suggest adding a warning circle before this fatal ring of fire burns me instantly to death, just like how we see blue hearts floating on the ground before Lilith's nasty but far less deadlier ice AOE attack. Nicodemos' upgrade to elder status must have improved his damage too. I noticed his fireball AOE could now deal well over 100k damage to me.

It's a time management issue for me. Nico isn't necessarily harder, just takes much longer to defeat. I'll need a flawless run to solo Veldt, otherwise I just run out of time. A DPS build should have no issue, but would be a challenge for melee tanks unless one uses raid boosts or darrig potions.
Indeed everything must be carefully choreographed from start to finish. It seems like a lucky fluke to beat this map as a lightning warrior. That or my stats aren't good enough yet. :D

Squonk

Warrior
Platform
Android, PC
The changes to Orla's Veldt don't seem to serve a purpose other than now making the raid feel overly time consuming and have made the interesting boss mechanics feel boring with them activating twice as much as before and just leading to a time-suck rather than adding a challenge

Ize

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
I am very unhappy about the changes to Orla's Veldt. I have managed unlock platinum before this patch, when I had level 3x in dungeoneering. I have finished my first gold run with only 2 minutes left on the timer, but at the end I had over 11 minutes. Dungeoneering worked, so far so good.
My first platinum run failed because I ran out of time and Zell had over 30% health left.

Well - I thought - I might need a bit more dungeoneering. So I went and did 8-9 platinum runs on the other raids to boost dungeoneerig a little.
Got to level 46, and started again. Result is the same: run out of time, Zell still over 30% health.

I started doubt myself, so I did a gold run, just to check if it is possible, and I succeded, but only barely, I had less, than 2 minutes left on the timer, and my dungeoneering was at least 6 levels more, than last time, when I did a gold run!

Please make some adjustments to boss/pillar/heart health or make the invunerabilty shield open for longer period, 45 seconds on Nicodemus and 30 seconds on Zell is not enough.

I find the latest changes extremely unfair to those of us who did not rush through the challenges. It feels we are being punished for taking our time.

Reactions: Lalocat and Squonk
  • Likex2

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
iOS
I do understand orla‘s, all the other raids favour tanks types this one now favours a dps type so it is important to remember tanks already have 5 raids where they excel.

that being said it dose go against the “natural order“ of things so I think we all just need time to adjust to it, I do think a raid polarised towards one role will normally be better in a group but orla’s puzzles hurt that.

lightning warrior and earth shaman are the hardest up as they have defence they don’t need and low dps I think the main problem with that is there is no quick fix, maybe we need a raid only consumable that increases dps by a lot more but is capped when output reaches an equivelant of a well geared/speced dps.
the same could be done for a for a defence consumable as it currently stands the ones available seam too weak to help the toons that need them most.

Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
So I've played Orla's Veldt some more, polished my strategies for faster results, and I still have about 10% confidence to win any Heroic 10+. Yet, looking at the leaderboard, some people seem to pull through. Good for them.

I can only think of a few more things. I could re-gear to a Fury warrior for better DPS, or use rage potions and keep going as a Lightning warrior. But it's not worth the trouble -- final verdict. Even if I nail the next levels, it's not like there is a shiny new relic waiting for me at higher levels! You can keep this current difficulty, and I'll keep my ducats.

Reactions: Squonk
  • Likex1