Renaiss

Reader
Super excited until I read bonus set for ES... I really cant describe how utterly, grieviously, regrettably, dishearted…ragingly disappointed I am about seeing these bonuses… especially, getting all excited about reading LW fables…
Agreed. It looks like Lightning Warriors got threat & power bonuses, while Earth Shamans basically got defensive bonuses.
Being a Nature Hunter primarily, I'm not sure I love the 4 and 6 piece fabled set bonuses as I've always disliked temporary pets, they seem to trigger at the wrong time for me.
If it takes 30 stacks to trigger the Bearkin, and there's only a 30% chance of getting a stack, then you'd need to use 100 "damaging Nature spells" (on average) to get 60 seconds of help from the Bearkin. While this might be useful in certain situations (Horde, some raids, etc.), it doesn't seem that it'd be terribly useful for questing, bounty runs, EZ boss runs, etc. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Xantia
  • Likex1

Yuriza

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Yuriza, Gaia Xiao, Apollymi, Hari, Shaysisisisislia
Platform
  1. Android
Could someone post a SS of all the classes fable set please (I'm not get any fable with 36.7k to 55k mf but there always tomorrow:)

• Likex1

Dawnfire

Lumineer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Last edited
sets.png

If you don't like the current set your subclass got that's all good, be sure to offer feedback on it. But do keep in mind in the future more sets could be added, that could better fit your build, playstyle. And also fabled sets are not meant to be superior to standard gear, they mean to be another alternative (though for sure some of these sets do seem like a better choice). How I understood it is standard gear is more universal/general, while fabled is more specialized.

Side note for Beastmaster set: the 6 piece affects relic summons as well.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
View attachment 20873
Found my first fable gear today!! 💁🏻‍♂️ Super excited until I read bonus set for ES... I really cant describe how utterly, grieviously, regrettably, dishearted…ragingly disappointed I am about seeing these bonuses… especially, getting all excited about reading LW fables… 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀
I am really frustrated now…
Never expected to see a plainer bonus in my life. 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀Just gonna leave it at that, before I write how painfully ES has become… seeing in the shadow of LW…

I should have just invested my time as LW…
Interesting stuff this will make earth shaman a very beefy defender which was the main thing earth was lacking as a tank, the lightning warrior stuff probably will make it top threat though (the core thing lacking that was making pure lightning warrior unviable as a tank). Now just because we have these new options doesn’t mean we have to use them both classes will cost them offensive power if they want to utilise these options. To me all this feels like more choice but not necessarily ones that will fit everyone.

Elijah Lin

Lumineer
Characters
Fairy Prince Eli
Platform
  1. iOS
Interesting stuff this will make earth shaman a very beefy defender which was the main thing earth was lacking as a tank, the lightning warrior stuff probably will make it top threat though (the core thing lacking that was making pure lightning warrior unviable as a tank). Now just because we have these new options doesn’t mean we have to use them both classes will cost them offensive power if they want to utilise these options. To me all this feels like more choice but not necessarily ones that will fit everyone.
Okay after taking a whole night off… (still raging at that bonus effect)… I can say, yes, it makes more sense to see these fable sets as an optional build and add on.

But without a set of 2 or 4 or 6… you are literally graded as second class (or maybe third class) if you dont get a set for yourself. This… (in someways) will offset balances for those who attend their builds through crafting and now needing to farm these gears to be better than the rest- if those who want to be the best. (Really, raids is all i have time for when I play VnH - RL is already screaming at me to go back to it! Cant do everything at once 💀) Also, this post isnt really aiming at you, Anta 🤭🤭 Just thinking oot loud 🫣

And seeing the LW set, has really ruffle my feathers… (I dinni feel this before as much) but now, theres this ES inferiority complex vs LW (And I play both!!)

Tbh, ES may lack health beefing but thats why the WS water shield can help beef up def (but ofc with the high 200% cost of from earth attunement!)

And the thing is, my dream build is to play as a healing tank hybrid but with the attunement being such… rude and costly penalty, its just not a practical, resource wise. 🤔

With just the first sets of fable gears being released, it seems ES is pretty much going into a direction of its own, a secondary tank at the back while LW is taking another step forward to the frontline securely. (REALLY…? Cant rub this mere in me face)

And with the optional boost of LW threat and feats from fable sets, whatever ES bonus have or will have, wont be needed at all if you cant compete with threat generation totally making it obsolete as a competitive tank (not that ES had much to start with).

Now granted ES is stable to play but its just not exciting and thrilling playing as LW- knowing you can grab all the threat and die at any moment. 💀

Ach, Im done!!

Reactions: Antavious and Xantia
  • Likex2

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, High Voltage
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC

If you don't like the current set your subclass got that's all good, be sure to offer feedback on it. But do keep in mind in the future more sets could be added, that could better fit your build, playstyle. And also fabled sets are not meant to be superior to standard gear, they mean to be another alternative (though for sure some of these sets do seem like a better choice). How I understood it is standard gear is more universal/general, while fabled is more specialized.

hynx2.jpg

Yuriza

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
  1. Android

Thank you, dawnfire!!! I been grinding bounties in blight for almost a total of 7hr with no luck on one fable, when I'm using treasurer dram and luck potion (also did couple gold raids in between)

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
For those of you hunting for fabled sets the best place is from elder bosses as they only drop rare or better gear now, also a big mention to rift as all the bosses there scale to lvl and count as elders. Other than that I’m guessing heroic raids are quite good too but I’m a little behind on the raid season due to irl.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Just did a 95 elder run and the thought occurred to me: can’t get fabled gear there. Maybe the devs will consider having them drop gear or they could add random pieces to the boxes or even make it possible to get fabled from the elder shards?

• Likex1

Lady Hawk

Legendary Hero
Characters
Lady Hawk, Veriness Viper
Platform
  1. PC
  2. Steam
I was excited about the Fabled Gear idea for my Lightning Warrior. Unfortunately the two piece bonus was disappointing, I don't know to many Lightning Warriors that actually use Rally anymore or maybe I'm wrong. Curious to hear if any pure Lightning Warrior still uses Rally.

Lady Hawk

Reactions: Xantia and Elijah Lin
  • Likex2

Yuriza

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Platform
  1. Android
I was excited about the Fabled Gear idea for my Lightning Warrior. Unfortunately the two piece bonus was disappointing, I don't know to many Lightning Warriors that actually use Rally anymore or maybe I'm wrong. Curious to hear if any pure Lightning Warrior still uses Rally.

Lady Hawk
Was lightning all the way up to 91 before adding fury spells, but never try rally at all.

• Likex1

Grz

Reader
Platform
  1. Android
So I got a few pcs of fabled gear that was generously donated to me and my suggestion is to color it differently, maybe teal or hot pink or anything else not similar to legendary orange that stands out. Also if possible, remove the rare tier from it. I think when these things drop they should be a reason for excitement.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Last edited

Lady Hawk
It’s not a fury/damage set, the point of the set is only to use it (and rally) if you are willing to sacrifice damage to get extra threat so i imagine a lot of players will hate the lightning set however it will probably be a great tool for a truly dedicated tank.

the most likely best use of these sets is to have them to swap your gear when needed not to replace any existing gear.

Antavious

Warrior
Characters
Antavious, suoivatna
Platform
  1. iOS
Given that these abilities are ok but not great and that these fabled pieces are only useful at all if you have several of them the difficulty and rarity of obtaining them seams way too high.

• Likex1

Josh

Villager
Platform
  1. Android
I believe this "fabled gear" build is a miss. I could go into details why it could had been better if done differently, but the main point is that fabled gear are actually fabled, as in drop rate is too low (rare). Any non max level players will opt for craft gear while leveling up. Even if players leveling up with one or two fabled gear, they will likely swap the gear out pretty soon.
Fabled gear could have been great if it was a quest line to actually earn them, and a one time equipment for each piece of the set to passively be active as an enchantment. Atleast, what I think V would thought of or do.
The other idea is for the set to be like blight isle enchants like the one use on ring and necklace, but you turn in elder fragments instead to get the enchants. If not that, a vendor in ardent city that sell the enchant of the set to apply to current gear would be another idea.
With the low drop rate and minimum rarity of rare tier, I think the hype around fabled gear is a miss for me. This build actually made me log in and try to farm a bit but turns out I got opposite subclass fabled as many as I have the right subclass fabled gear drop. Unless the minimum rarity is epic, every piece dropped so far is a downgrade for max level players, which a few or just me who find nothing in the game to do anymore but log in once in a while.

Thnx for reading

Ademo

Citizen
Characters
Ademo, Erolisi, Phileas
Platform
  1. iOS
It’s not a fury/damage set, the point of the set is only to use it (and rally) if you are willing to sacrifice damage to get extra threat so i imagine a lot of players will hate the lightning set however it will probably be a great tool for a truly dedicated tank.

the most likely best use of these sets is to have them to swap your gear when needed not to replace any existing gear.
I actually go the other way, the 2 pc Rally bonus is cool in my book- I could envision rally replacing Thunderbird strike, because the the extra threat from Rally means you can drop tempest from the talent tree and put those points into more Fury, or into Disc. Plus Rally helps the entire party, which makes bosses die faster.

Sadly, the more I think about Fabled sets, the less I like them in general. I can definitely foresee a possibility that it makes a "Haves vs Have-nots" scenario where a raiding player is judged by "do you have your set bonuses?" No 4pc? Sorry no Heroic raids for you. (hypothetically speaking).
Acquisition of them will be aided by those in a 'serious' guild, where drops can be given to those that need it... Raids become friends only, or guild only.
This problem will only be compounded by almost certain future additions to the game, because it's pretty clear the community is craving more difficult content. It's of course all supposition, but I'm betting there's another Rift-like zone somewhere over the horizon, along with badder Elders.

Reactions: Antavious
  • Hahax1