Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi Everyone!
We are happy to have Equinox live now. We wanted to let you know we are aware of the following problems, and we will have fixes coming next week (we have the fixes complete, but want to test them more):
  • Pharaoh Spawn / Respawn problems: they are spawning too quickly, and in some cases not spawning when they were announced to respawn. Also, the local map is not always accurately reflecting their position / status.
  • Caliphs are too easy to kill: this is causing some players to kill them too quickly, and therefore causing problems for other players. We're going to increase the health of the Caliphs so that it takes longer to defeat them. However, they will remain much easier than the Pharaohs.
  • Fix problem with mushrooms in Andorra, and the Snowmites quest drop problem.
  • Fix problems with Viggo not always appearing for all players.
Stay tuned.... and may the sands favor your journey :)

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I suspect it will resolve itself in time as players learn which daily asks for which activity, but perhaps it would be easier for players to understand if the quests that want you to gather something (as opposed to getting drops from mobs) used the word "gather" rather than "collect."

Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Argus Jessengith, Argus Shadow, Argus Skyhawk
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
We're going to increase the health of the Caliphs so that it takes longer to defeat them. However, they will remain much easier than the Pharaohs.
I am not sure if that will going to stop those player doing solo it all the time but thank you for taking this into consideration.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I am not sure if that will going to stop those player doing solo it all the time but thank you for taking this into consideration.
And that's part of the reason why I still feel that the caliphs' respawn times should be shortened. Increasing their max health is definitely an improvement, but even after that fix is implemented, there will still be issues with them. (Since they don't do much damage to many players and since they can be soloed by many, if you only increase their health, it only remedies a small part of the problem.)

I wouldn't mind if the rewards from killing them were slightly reduced (in compensation) but since it takes sooo long to get from point A to point B in the event zone (even if you use the telepad as a starting point), you might just miss out anyway! The caliphs' respawn time should definitely be longer than that of the ordinary 1 star bounties and shorter than the pharoahs, as it is now'. However, if you were to reduce the caliphs' respawn times to about 15-20 minutes, I feel that it would give players more options of things to kill in the zone (at any given time) and thus help to reduce some of the friction between players when the zone is full. (Last night, there were definitely some "griefers" who were essentially trolling other players by deliberately causing them to miss out on the caliph kills (multiple times -- even 2-3 times within a few hours) by swooping in at the last moment and quickly soloing it.

P.S. It took me nearly THREE hours last night to get all my first time kills in Equinox! The last half hour or so, the only kills I was missing were three caliphs, and there was definitely one that I missed once (if not twice) because of a Leroy. There has been just a bit of rage quitting in the event zone this year along with numerous players who are simply giving up on event zones in general. (If I didn't want those two outfits badly enough and if it was going to take me longer than about 16-20 days to get one, I would earn my sockets on each toon and be done with the zone entirely!! I realized the other day that there's a reason why I have yet to attempt to earn a mount from Equinox!!)

Reactions: Freya-Sensei and Argus
  • Likex2

playpunks

Bog Frog
Royal Guardian
Characters
Miyuki Meikato, Nidup XD, Muzan Kubutsuji
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Most people are soloing caliphs so please make a buff where the players attacking it gets hit back to the player by 55% damage and selfhealing including healthpots doesnt work on caliphs. That way the impatient player wont be able to solo it and will need group instead. It's the healing and skill damage that makes it easy to solo. even level 11 players can kill it lol
Thank you

LordKyrie

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
Caliphs are supposed to be able to be killed solo!

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
But we do :)
Currently without any choice we had to do. The result can be seen in the chat section. Our TOS doesn't allow to name anyone. Just under two days how many times it has been violated in the local chat and in world chat is beyond count.
But hopefully it will be taken care of next week when the update will go live. 🙂

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
And that's part of the reason why I still feel that the caliphs' respawn times should be shortened. Increasing their max health is definitely an improvement, but even after that fix is implemented, there will still be issues with them. (Since they don't do much damage to many players and since they can be soloed by many, if you only increase their health, it only remedies a small part of the problem.)

I wouldn't mind if the rewards from killing them were slightly reduced (in compensation) but since it takes sooo long to get from point A to point B in the event zone (even if you use the telepad as a starting point), you might just miss out anyway! The caliphs' respawn time should definitely be longer than that of the ordinary 1 star bounties and shorter than the pharoahs, as it is now'. However, if you were to reduce the caliphs' respawn times to about 15-20 minutes, I feel that it would give players more options of things to kill in the zone (at any given time) and thus help to reduce some of the friction between players when the zone is full. (Last night, there were definitely some "griefers" who were essentially trolling other players by deliberately causing them to miss out on the caliph kills (multiple times -- even 2-3 times within a few hours) by swooping in at the last moment and quickly soloing it.

P.S. It took me nearly THREE hours last night to get all my first time kills in Equinox! The last half hour or so, the only kills I was missing were three caliphs, and there was definitely one that I missed once (if not twice) because of a Leroy. There has been just a bit of rage quitting in the event zone this year along with numerous players who are simply giving up on event zones in general. (If I didn't want those two outfits badly enough and if it was going to take me longer than about 16-20 days to get one, I would earn my sockets on each toon and be done with the zone entirely!! I realized the other day that there's a reason why I have yet to attempt to earn a mount from Equinox!!)
I feel ya on all that you stated about the current event zone, as much as I would like to earn an outfit and mount, the frustration is far to high for me to want to stay in there too long and I feel like I am often chasing a "carrot at the end of the stick" because you run so far to get to something to kill and its already dead. We are used to dealing with Leroy Jenkins trolls in other event zones - but in this zone, it is beyond frustrating, because you don't know what you are dealing with until you run far to find out that someone just wanted to be disrespectul to players THAT ARE truly trying to earn items. Maybe it will get a little bit more organized if players want to work together to help earn some items and help guard against Leroys playing their selfish games, rather than having everyone upset about it - and NOT earning anything. Will wait to see what time reveals in the desert sands...

Reactions: Rohana and Kaydee
  • Likex2

Kronar

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Kronar
Platform
Android
I agree with those who think that the regeneration times of the caliphs should be reduced to 15 minutes.
The map and minimap, to be fixed, at least in the Android version it is not clear which monsters are active and which are not, which ones to do and which already made.
For me it is the first year as a very chaotic area, I still have to finish settling in.

Reactions: Kaydee
  • Likex1

Fluffed

Reader
Characters
Fluffed
Platform
iOS
I apologize to those I have inconvenienced in my very first caliph kill. Yes, I didn’t read a guide before hand. As a new player in this event, I was wondering why a lot was flaming me in chat for first hitting this single boss in the event (even though I wasnt the one who killed it) without knowing it takes 30-45 minutes to respawn.
As one who doesn’t have the luxury of time to wait on 10-15 minutes for everyone to finish pharoahs then move on to the caliphs for a kill everytime, this event is very troublesome. Simply put, I guess that people who do not have a lot of time in their hands will not be able to complete this event. I joined during the last few weeks of prisma event and was able to get some loot even though I played at my own pace. This event though doesn’t allow you to play in such a flexible time.
I hope the devs think of ways to cater to gamers who don’t have a lot of time in their hands. If Im to use my remaining free time waiting for people to finish their thing just to kill one caliph (and takes a lot for all), then yes, Im sitting out of this event. Thank you though for a chance to experience this and lucky for everyone else who has abundant time to wait on those mobs. Goodluck!

Reactions: Rohana and Elijah Lin
  • Likex2

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
I apologize to those I have inconvenienced in my very first caliph kill. Yes, I didn’t read a guide before hand. As a new player in this event, I was wondering why a lot was flaming me in chat for first hitting this single boss in the event (even though I wasnt the one who killed it) without knowing it takes 30-45 minutes to respawn.
As one who doesn’t have the luxury of time to wait on 10-15 minutes for everyone to finish pharoahs then move on to the caliphs for a kill everytime, this event is very troublesome. Simply put, I guess that people who do not have a lot of time in their hands will not be able to complete this event. I joined during the last few weeks of prisma event and was able to get some loot even though I played at my own pace. This event though doesn’t allow you to play in such a flexible time.
I hope the devs think of ways to cater to gamers who don’t have a lot of time in their hands. If Im to use my remaining free time waiting for people to finish their thing just to kill one caliph (and takes a lot for all), then yes, Im sitting out of this event. Thank you though for a chance to experience this and lucky for everyone else who has abundant time to wait on those mobs. Goodluck!
Skip all the caliph and still you can save up enough vile to get the carpet or whatever you wish to get. Just do the daily, bounty and Pharaoh once per day at your own time.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Fluffed

Reader
Characters
Fluffed
Platform
iOS
Skip all the caliph and still you can save up enough vile to get the carpet or whatever you wish to get. Just do the daily, bounty and Pharaoh once per day at your own time.
Thank you for the advice. I will do so :)

Reactions: Argus
  • Likex1

Argus

Servant of Mallok
Characters
Platform
Android, PC
Will you also be changing Okyris' fire attack like you did last year? We are seeing a lot of wipes again due to the current runes.
The fire attack doesn't kill, the lag kill. With so many players ez is already have lag on top of it this boss mechanism adding more lag. If i can't avoid myself i will die and that's what happening. The server is not able to handle this well. Change is a better choice to reduce lag in this case.

Reactions: Fluffed
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, Kitty Witch
Platform
Android, PC
Yesterday, I mistakenly defeated a caliph alone and for this I apologize to everyone. He appeared beside me unexpectedly and without realizing it I fought against it. Sorry, I'll be more careful
There is nothing to be sorry about. It Happens.

Reactions: Anthem
  • Likex1

Meagan

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
On EU1 the EZ crashed on Saturday morning, and ever since the pharaohs respawn in around 5 minutes. Many of us found this a very welcome change because the bounty/echo system prevents excessive farming, and the ready availability of bosses limits the players gathering to kill them, making the lag manageable.
Is it possible to keep the respawn time short, like this?

Freya-Sensei

Grand Priestess
Royal Guardian
Characters
Freya Sensei
Platform
Android
A Latin player asked me if in the caliphs you could not put the announcement in the chat as with the elders of the event, to reorganize and go in a group to kill them 🥰
I always warn at least those who speak Spanish to wait and avicen in the chat that a caliph appeared, but many new players appear and they kill them before we arrive :cry: