Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
I think they said it should average 1 toy a month, and 1 mount within 3 months. So you definently have reason to vent.

AraldirR

Citizen
Characters
Amaranth Ashrose
Platform
PC
Good evening,

I can understand someone likes to have a collection of mounts, but don't see the point in that "i really need to have one mount from AS chests". Excuse me if i can sound like the bad one in this discussion, but... stop to think. U can only use one mount a time, most of the mounts in ur toon stay unused and almost covered in dust. AS mounts (like darrig chests mounts) have this look or that, but don't offer special attribs, no extra speed... or, can you get a flying mount from there, 4 example? if that, yes, that could be useful (like carpet in last event). Tbh, i got a green gargoyle from an AS chest, tried it and then went back to my usual late mount: a carpet. Why? because it's really practical when u're doing maps, one of the reasons to use it all the time. A gargoyle (or change it for what you wish) is ok but won't give me anything i can't have even with the free spider given in the New Player Rewards Calendar.

And excuse me again, all AS chests contain rewards, all contain a gift 4 free, so i don't see possible "an unfortunate lack of gifts" in this case. In fact, there're other truly useful items to be got there. What about Mount Propellers?, Hyper Rest Machines?, Robo Gnome Kits? (just some examples)...

I've seen other games where u were given "thanks 4 logging" and that was all. It's different in V&H but, even with it, we are never happy. Perhaps we should wonder if all is as bad as it can seem at a certain moment :) .

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
Good evening,

I can understand someone likes to have a collection of mounts, but don't see the point in that "i really need to have one mount from AS chests". Excuse me if i can sound like the bad one in this discussion, but... stop to think. U can only use one mount a time, most of the mounts in ur toon stay unused and almost covered in dust. AS mounts (like darrig chests mounts) have this look or that, but don't offer special attribs, no extra speed... or, can you get a flying mount from there, 4 example? if that, yes, that could be useful (like carpet in last event). Tbh, i got a green gargoyle from an AS chest, tried it and then went back to my usual late mount: a carpet. Why? because it's really practical when u're doing maps, one of the reasons to use it all the time. A gargoyle (or change it for what you wish) is ok but won't give me anything i can't have even with the free spider given in the New Player Rewards Calendar.

And excuse me again, all AS chests contain rewards, all contain a gift 4 free, so i don't see possible "an unfortunate lack of gifts" in this case. In fact, there're other truly useful items to be got there. What about Mount Propellers?, Hyper Rest Machines?, Robo Gnome Kits? (just some examples)...

I've seen other games where u were given "thanks 4 logging" and that was all. It's different in V&H but, even with it, we are never happy. Perhaps we should wonder if all is as bad as it can seem at a certain moment :) .
Well it’s not actually for free...You’re paying for it. It’s a perk for buying the AS membership. Lol

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
I don’t see how the new AS is worse than the old. I think the developers have done a good job with it and I appreciate their hard work.

Thomas-a-Beckett

Villager
Characters
RobinHood, MotherEarth,
Platform
Android, PC
never had a mount since it started. been an AS member since 2015, maybe 2016. not really thrilled about any chest stuff. Still getting AS because I love this game. But still. Membership should get something more.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
never had a mount since it started. been an AS member since 2015, maybe 2016...
It's entirely random. But one thing I've definitely noticed is that the more days you log in (and claim the chests), and the more characters you have to claim the chests on, the better your chances of receiving a mount. :)

I have also noticed that it's frequently the lower level, lesser-played toons who receive the mounts. (I've had AS for about the past 3 weeks, after a gap of several years. In that time, I've gotten four mounts. Three of those were on characters on my non-primary server, and the one toon who got a mount on my primary server was the one with the next-to-lowest combat level.)

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
I have five toons, my highest level toon has never received a mount. Each of my lower toons have all gotten one (one alt got 2).

it’s the same RNG that has been critiqued in other threads about drops, etc.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Citizen
Characters
Karma, Boot
Platform
Steam
I was one of the multitude who complained long and loud when they first changed the Ardent Society rewards.
Fortunately, we were eventually listened to.

The developers went far beyond what anyone expected. They got creative and came up with the reward system we have today.
I wasn't happy with everything they came up with but overall I thought it was a great package. I was a more verbose expressing my view back then.

I still think its a great package that gives good value for the money.

I do have one criticism though.
When I get duplicate toys, mounts or whatever, I would like the opportunity of exchanging them for something else or maybe sell them for Red Doubloons .
Frankly, I find it VERY annoying that I have to trash a duplicate item and end up with nothing instead of a rare AS reward.

Reactions: Chris30s
  • Likex1

Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
PC
I would like to know how many of you have the same gripe as me. Ok... I’ve been playing this game for over 2 years. With A.S. I’ve NEVER gotten a mount. I mostly get items that are disappointing at best. I heard one person I’m acquainted with say they had 11 mounts over 3 toons. Not that it matters, but I spend plenty on this game and I’m venting here and want to know if anyone else feels the same.

Ok I’m breathing now.
😒
Wait, we're complaining about not getting free mounts from RNG lootboxes now? :p

Sampai

Arch Wizard
Platform
PC
Well technically no. They weren't part of ardent society before, so in my eyes, they're free. The monthly cost didn't change, so i'm not paying any more than i was for these chests & shared trunk. Not to mention the shop discount. I get that not everyone shares this viewpoint, or may have only recently started to buy it.
Regardless of my view on the situation, the fact remains that you get tremendous value for each renewal. If you assign each of these perks a monetary value per month, you'll come to the conclusion that each box can only be a matter of pennies, or even fractions of one.
  • Free Travel
  • 100% XP bonus (Hero & Villager)
  • 96 Shared Locker slots
  • 30x Daily chest
  • Ardent Society horse & pig pet (first time purchase, not counted after first month)
  • 30 Full Heals
  • 30 Full Manas
  • 30 Bottled Repair Globules
Remember, this is $7 a month for everything.