angelj74

Mighty Warrior
Characters
Darius Wrynn
Platform
Steam
Last edited
Hey I am sure this has been posted many times here, maybe not. I understand from what I've seen a high % of players are Children (5-14 years old) and Adults (30+) and PVP is something that doesn't appeal this audience and it would probably cause some of them to stop playing. Then why not propose to have at least optional PVP in Villagers & Heroes to those fond of of it. It would be cool to see your grinding efforts work in a battle against other players, a test of skills. I am sure this addition will add more players as well. After all, its just an optional thing. What sort of pvp? i'd leave that for discussion! And I meant no disrespect or offense to the people I pointed.
Thank you.
-Darius Wrynn

Reactions: Sultan
  • Angryx1

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
It's not the age of the player that's an issue; the characters are set-up to compliment one another, not fight one another. With so many other games offering PvP, it makes more sense to play them when you want some PvP than to change THIS game to accommodate that desire. It wouldn't be the same game then.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Hey I am sure this has been posted many times here, maybe not. I understand from what I've seen a high % of players are Children (5-14 years old) and Adults (30+) and PVP is something that doesn't appeal this audience and it would probably cause some of them to stop playing. But that is why I have to propose to have at least optional PVP in Villagers & Heroes to those fond of of it. It would be cool to see your grinding efforts work in a battle against other players, a test of skills. I am sure this addition will add more players as well. After all, its just an optional thing. What sort of pvp? i'd leave that for discussion! And I meant no disrespect or offense to the people I pointed.
Thank you.
-Darius Wrynn
I agree with several of your points.

Yes, this issue has been raised many times before.
Yes, many players are in the age ranges you mentioned.
Yes many players who play this game dislike pvp and would possibly leave if it were added, even as an option.

Where I disagree with you is in the assumption that ignoring all those points is ok, and pvp should be added anyway.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
PVP invites a different community of players. Most oppose PVP in any form because inclusion of PVP will immanently destroy the playful atmosphere of the game.

With a plethora of PVP games available it is rare to find a game that does not include PVP. The topic of including PVP does crop up frequently. I have to shake my head and ask why should we include it when exclusion of PVP is such a rare occurrence in a game? Why is PVP touted as the only way to test skills?

Personally I find the organization of the 95 elders is an outstanding way to test skills and appreciate the nuances of combat style and abilities. Players who have reached LV 95 are well acquainted with character traits, how to build their toon, their strength and weakness, gear needed to compliment their play style and how to use those skill to support others in combat.

That to me is a better test of skill than a simple arena.

Citizen
Characters
Karma, Boot
Platform
Steam
I will say it yet again,
No!!

I already stated my reasons in some other threads:

regards

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Having Player verse Player Compentions would be great and we have has some such as Trivia, Walking race, Hide-N-Seek, Shaman Contest (1st on server to become a level 90 Shaman [w/ level 60 rebirth]), and the Live Auctions. As long as the PVP is not fighting then I would be for some contests.

angelj74

Mighty Warrior
Characters
Darius Wrynn
Platform
Steam
I checked out my post and I saw a big error that made me look like a douche bag lol, I fixed it. Sorry about that Majenta and others, that wasn't what I wanted to say. Appreciate all the responses! I would like to point out in case you missed it, that the PVP would be an optional thing. Meaning that if you don't want to participate, you wont have to do it. It would be something for those looking down on it. Now, PVP being an optional thing, what do you have against it?

Reactions: Primum Auxilium
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I checked out my post and I saw a big error that made me look like a douche bag lol, I fixed it. Sorry about that Majenta and others, that wasn't what I wanted to say. Appreciate all the responses! I would like to point out in case you missed it, that the PVP would be an optional thing. Meaning that if you don't want to participate, you wont have to do it. It would be something for those looking down on it. Now, PVP being an optional thing, what do you have against it?
|
|
v
It's not the age of the player that's an issue; the characters are set-up to compliment one another, not fight one another. With so many other games offering PvP, it makes more sense to play them when you want some PvP than to change THIS game to accommodate that desire. It wouldn't be the same game then.
PVP invites a different community of players. Most oppose PVP in any form because inclusion of PVP will immanently destroy the playful atmosphere of the game.

With a plethora of PVP games available it is rare to find a game that does not include PVP. The topic of including PVP does crop up frequently. I have to shake my head and ask why should we include it when exclusion of PVP is such a rare occurrence in a game? Why is PVP touted as the only way to test skills?

Personally I find the organization of the 95 elders is an outstanding way to test skills and appreciate the nuances of combat style and abilities. Players who have reached LV 95 are well acquainted with character traits, how to build their toon, their strength and weakness, gear needed to compliment their play style and how to use those skill to support others in combat.

That to me is a better test of skill than a simple arena.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Since you ask ...

Even if pvp is "optional" and I am therefore able to avoid the pvp itself, it is impossible to avoid the consequences of pvp - arguments and drama in chat, constant "balancing" of classes leading to nerfs of talents, feats or gear, the resulting reduction in dev time spent on pve elements, and a reduction in the friendly community atmosphere of the game.

angelj74

Mighty Warrior
Characters
Darius Wrynn
Platform
Steam
Since you ask ...

Even if pvp is "optional" and I am therefore able to avoid the pvp itself, it is impossible to avoid the consequences of pvp - arguments and drama in chat, constant "balancing" of classes leading to nerfs of talents, feats or gear, the resulting reduction in dev time spent on pve elements, and a reduction in the friendly community atmosphere of the game.

I don't get why those are a problem, arguments and drama will always be there regardless of PVP or no PVP. Its human nature, we aren't the same and we are bound to have conflict. You choose to avoid or get into it. About nerfs, I guess that might be an issue but thats why theres a dev team lol and to tie the friendliness of a community with PVP is a bad thing and shows you are afraid of it. Friendly people stay friendly, if you change because of PVP its your problem.

Reactions: The Dutchess
  • Likex1

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
I don't get why those are a problem, arguments and drama will always be there regardless of PVP or no PVP. Its human nature, we aren't the same and we are bound to have conflict. You choose to avoid or get into it. About nerfs, I guess that might be an issue but thats why theres a dev team lol and to tie the friendliness of a community with PVP is a bad thing and shows you are afraid of it. Friendly people stay friendly, if you change because of PVP its your problem.
This game really does not invite a lot of arguments and drama as it is now, at least on our server. And the "dev team" is small and shouldn't have to be spending their time constantly balancing classes. You are asking for a different game then what we have; perhaps this is not the right game then for you.

Reactions: BadgerReborn and Catori
  • Likex2

angelj74

Mighty Warrior
Characters
Darius Wrynn
Platform
Steam
This game really does not invite a lot of arguments and drama as it is now, at least on our server. And the "dev team" is small and shouldn't have to be spending their time constantly balancing classes. You are asking for a different game then what we have; perhaps this is not the right game then for you.
It just a suggestion, not asking for a different game. I like this game a lot! I would like to hear more arguments though. All I've seen so far against pvp can be formulated into 3 sentences.

XMerlindaX

Wizard
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
It is useless to reply to these statements, since nobody deviates from his opinion.
I think it would be better not to answer PvP requests in the forum at all.
It is still relatively peaceful here, but aggressive answers and questions will appear again soon.

Characters
Tiffa, Ruby Wolf
Platform
Android, PC
What sort of pvp? i'd leave that for discussion! And I meant no disrespect or offense to the people I pointed.
As Angelj74 stated they would like Suggestions on different types of PVP that other players would like to see and NOT JUST dueling.
and as I have stated multiple times:
And many others post.
Please keep your Minds open and lets have some Ideas for NON-Dueling Compentisions.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
The basic reason I don't want PvP in the game, at least the fighting, duel type one is because I can't see how that will works out with the current combat system we have right now. Imagine battling other players right now, what will be the outcome? Most likely only two things that become the main thing on the fight... damage immunity feat and stun, and the one that time them right won, built, creativity, etc won't matter.

On side note if its more like a capture the flag style or something like that, that emphasize something else beside just fighting I would love to hear new Ideas around that type of PvP

Reactions: Greer and Red Wizard
  • Likex2