she was a beautiful person.. rest in peace, dearest nyxxe 💐💐

Katniss Everdeen

Eldritch Huntress
Royal Guardian
Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
Ori, I am so very sorry for your loss. I play on US3 but got to know Nyxxe through The Song Title Game in the Forums. I loved her taste in music and the side comments she would occasionally make. I will miss that.

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1

Paranoia

Villager
Forum Moderator
Characters
Paranoia
Platform
PC
Maybe this time I will hit the reply button and not delete all the stuff I'm about to write here...
---
The moment I heard about this loss, I felt empty and had to sit back. Many had something to say, but I couldn't, I had no words and only pure chaotic thoughts. Now at least I can describe that situation, the rest stays chaotic (with a tendency to slightly feeling more and more numb).

I knew her from forums and ingame. Well, "knowing" is not true, we just started to have some nice talks, but Nyxxe seemed so worth to have deeper talks with.

Last year she answered a german posting and translated it for the dev's. Before that I saw her postings with music and one or the other commentary about it, but to try to talk german was outstanding and my best trigger to have a first pm with her. After that we only had some small chit chats in whispers, always with reason and well chosen words. I loved her subtle humor. She well understood the fine line of what humor is okay on worldchat and when it's better to speak encrypted. Doing that I have never seen her being rude. Loved that.

Nyxxe made an impression. Bon voyage et restez comme vous êtes. À bientôt!

Reactions: Saoirse
  • Likex1

Mag3mann

Arch Wizard
Characters
Mag3mann,Mal3ificent.
Platform
iOS, PC
Lovely words. Sorry for your loss and thoughts are with her family and friends.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Unfortunately I will be working later today when EU has it's memorial for Nyxxe, so I will not be able to attend, so I will say here what I would have said then.

My abiding memory of Nyxxe will be of her understanding and tolerance. As all on EU know, Nyxxe had a wicked sense of humour and particularly when she was relatively new to the server, as a moderator I had some concerns about some of her jokes. Nothing she said or did was ever in breach of the ToS, but much of it sailed pretty close to the wind. In those early days I felt it necessary to whisper to her asking her to stop or take it to private chat, more because I was concerned where it was headed than because of anything that had actually been said. In that situation, many players could (and have) argued, but from Nyxxe there was only understanding. I am sure she thought I was just an old fuddy duddy stick in the mud (I am, so that's fair enough) but she simply accepted that I was just "doing my job" as a moderator and did as I asked. As time went by and I began to get used to her humour, I rarely if ever had to intervene again. Occasionally someone responding to one of her jokes might overstep the line slightly, but all I had to do was say something harmless like "hello everyone" in world chat and Nyxxe understood, and quietly took the chat out of world, without any issues.

My other memory of Nyxxe is of her obvious love for the game and the players. She was always willing to help, in myriad ways, and her sense of humour shone through and illuminated the server. EU will be a poorer place without her.

Good bye Nyxxe. Go in Peace.

Reactions: Saoirse
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Some people have a rare and natural ability to make huge impacts with seemingly little effort. I sometimes envy that ability; an ability that Nyxxe seemed to have an ample measure of. I knew her mainly from these forums and always appreciated her humor, wit, and intellect.

Thank you, Ori Gami, for introducing her to the world of V&H and giving us an opportunity to get to know her. We will always be grateful to you for that. Our world was made a brighter place with her arrival and dims with her departure.
My best wishes to you, her family, and everyone else that played a part. no matter how small, in this very special person's life.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
Very sad. I only knew Nyxxe through this forum. She was awesome, and THE most formidable player in "The Song Title Game". Much respect.

Dawn Chorus

BRA Member
Characters
Dawn Chorus
Platform
Android, PC
Really lovely Post Ori, I was truly shocked to hear of Nyxxe 's passing. So sorry for your loss. She was so kind and funny we will all really miss her in the game. She helped people so much in so many ways, always there to give a helping hand or a shoulder when necessary. My condolences to you and your family. ❤

Daniel Fortesque

Adventurer
Characters
Zarok, Megwynne
Platform
PC
This news really hurts me, i wasn't on his friend list, we didn't even talk much in the game, but it’s like losing a good friend.
My deepest condolences.

Ori Gami

Huntress
Characters
Ori Gami
Platform
Steam
Many thanks to all who came, all who sent messages, all who couldn't came but sent messages and a special thank for Sarah, the devs and the mods that allowed and helped that in-game service to happen. It was beautiful.

Ori Gami.

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
Beautiful memorial, I was touched. I'm glad to see that she was appreciated so much. On a side note: I hope they offer the toy we were given for the event on other servers in the near future, only perhaps renamed 'nyxxe's toy'. Be well.

Ori Gami

Huntress
Characters
Ori Gami
Platform
Steam
She left a message for her guildmates "Gurkhas", which I sent to her guildleader. I think it was made to get to them all, and I hope Trashers Goddess will pardon me for sharing it here :

Chérie, s’il te plait, envoie ce texte à “Trashers Goddess” quand je ne serai plus là.

Hello guildies!

It seems I didn’t have the time to find a way to burn down all your houses, too bad, that would have been a good laugh.
It was an honour to be one of yours and I never regretted to join the guild. You rock! 😊

Lovered, thank you so much for being you and for recruiting me, the game was good playing alone and so much better playing with you and Gurkhas, as you’re the ones making it great.

TG, we had so many laughs together I can't help laughing, just thinking about it. You’re a great leader and a better person, keep the whip, the tar and the feathers, those can always be of some use.

loO, Broili, Bub, and all of you girls & boys (girls first, always), thanks for the runs and the funny talks.
I thought about writing a sentence for every one of you, but that would take longer than an Oscar ceremony and even if I love to torture you, that’s clearly too much. Just know that I thought about you.

There are a lot of people outside the guild that I would also like to thank but that would be such a long list I do not really have the courage to do it. Tell Ekimie, Luke, Sub and Mutsie how awesome they are.

The cheeky one’s throne is to take, practice!

Farewell friends !
Zbogom prijatelji !
Auf wiedersehen, Freunde !
Au revoir les amis !

Nyxxe

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Beautiful memorial, I was touched. I'm glad to see that she was appreciated so much. On a side note: I hope they offer the toy we were given for the event on other servers in the near future, only perhaps renamed 'nyxxe's toy'. Be well.
I cannot of course speak for the Devs, but actually, the toy fits so well with the type of memorial sometimes held on various servers in this game (I know of at least two others where it's predecessor from pre starfall was used) that I would not be at all surprised if it were indeed to be distributed under similar circumstances on other servers.

Given the likely reasons for that happening, you will, I am sure, forgive me if I express the view that I hope that those circumstances do not arise again any time soon.

Talif

Wizard
Characters
EU1 -Aylith, Cure, OneShot US1
Platform
PC
Last edited
RIP, She was such a lovely person. I have been away from the game and just found out she has passed. A very sad evening now as I go back into the game for the sugar-sweet event. with Tears. Aylith, Crazy Devils Guild.

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
RIP, I knew Nyxxe from Crazy Devils Guild
Uh, you are talking about "nyks" from CD. Afaik she is alive, just away from the game. The person in this subject was a member of Gurkhas.

Talif

Wizard
Characters
EU1 -Aylith, Cure, OneShot US1
Platform
PC
Uh, you are talking about "nyks" from CD. Afaik she is alive, just away from the game. The person in this subject was a member of Gurkhas.
Oh dear, I was not thinking, I had not seen Nyx for a long time and was away most of the winter. But I also knew Nyxxe from event zones. Thanks