Ori Gami

Huntress
Characters
Ori Gami
Platform
Steam
It is with much sadness I do have to tell you that my dear love, Elisabeth "Lili", you better knew as “Nyxxe” passed away on the Sunday February the 2ndat the age of 34.

She’s never been a video game player… until I show her this one. She liked it much and more important, she liked YOU much.
Those last months, it has been a relief for her to play it and escape the illness and the pain for a while. And it was a relief for me to see her smile and laugh. For that, I would like to thank you all, from the players to the devs.

It only takes a look at the long friends list she had in the game to know that, here too, she was much loved. She always was one to easily make friends, as she naturally was caring for others.
Her family, her friends, the executives of the company she worked for, most of her colleagues, even some of her clients came to pay her a final homage to her funeral. But it was a bit easier for us to accept her departure as she prepared us for it.

You deserve to know that she knew since a few months she was not to make it this time. She faced it as she already faced so many things in life and prepared us, her family, her friends, her co-workers, me. But not you. She wanted to keep a place where her illness won’t always be the subject discussed. Where she could be free to talk about it or not, and to what point. She just wanted to share other things with you.

I would like to tell you that the pain will fade, that tears will dry up, that memories will return to their bright colours, that joy will come back in time. Even if I write it in the hope to convince myself, deep inside of me I have already been convinced. Even if it seems long and far, I know it will be fine. Because I do not forget what we built together, and that it is infinitely greater, more solid, more powerful than the void left by her departure. For those who left take a part of us, but who we stay, we also keep a part of them.

She was my lover for the last 5 years, my angel and my demon, and maybe one day someone else will take that place. But she will always be my Pygmalion, the woman that made me grew up, pushed me, shaped me, learned me so many things on so many subjects, transformed me into a woman and a better person. She will always live inside of me. Let her live inside of you.

I do not know how to end that letter as I could keep talking about her for days. Maybe just quoting someone else’s words :
« There are beings that touch us more than others, probably because without knowing it ourselves, they carry within them a part of what we lack », Wadji Mouawad.
She definitely was one of those.

Ori Gami

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I cried when I heard the news, she was such a love! I loved her humor, her taste in music and her love of life. She will be sorely missed! ❤

Reactions: Talif and Dark Ghostman
  • Likex2

Mercator

Great Adventurer
Characters
Mercator
Platform
PC
I will miss her for sure, as many of us will. I wish you, her family and yours much strength and I know that joy will come back in time, just not now.
Come back every now and then if you miss us or want to think about her.
Mercator

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
I am sure I will not be alone in being shocked and saddened by this news. Nyxxe was truly one of a kind, and I am sure I speak for everyone on the EU1 server when I say that she will be sadly missed.

Always willing to help with advice and partying up for elders etc, she also had a wicked sense of humour which amused us all.

I offer you my sincerest condolences. Rest Assured that Nyxxe will always be remembered and her memory cherished.

Reactions: Greer and Dark Ghostman
  • Likex2

Mutsie

Reader
Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus
Platform
PC
Thank you Ori, that was beautifully written, my sincere condolences to you and the people close to you and Nyxxe.
She'll be missed by many, and remembered with a smile.

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
A sad day indeed. My heart and prayers go out for you and family, friends, ...

Reactions: Dark Ghostman
  • Likex1

Xloui

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Aloui Bloui Cloui DeLoui
Platform
iOS
Last edited
😢❤
Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn,
at aldrei deyr:
dómr um dauðan hvern.

Reactions: Jurksch and Dark Ghostman
  • Lovex1
  • Likex1
Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
There’s nothing that I can say that could change anything, but I’ll still say I am sorry for your loss... she will be missed...

“I hope one day, you’ll be reunited with the one you cherish.”

❤❤❤❤

Monilune

Wizard
Characters
Monilune
Platform
Steam
my sincere condolences... this was shocking, Nyxxe was such a sweet person, full of joy and humor, may she rest in peace, and my prayers goes to you, her friends, and family :cry:🙏❤

• Likex1

Malakai

Lumineer
Characters
Brandon Stark, Llyron, Meliorn
Platform
Android, Steam
Strong soul, special humor, open minded and a good friend, that was Nyxxe.
Even though I met her in the online environment, I still felt a special connection. She was special, and different.
I wish with all my heart that her close ones will win the "fight" with the suffering very soon.
"Now her watch is ended."
-Brandon Stark

Reactions: Catori and Dark Ghostman
  • Likex2

Luke68

Wizard
Characters
Luke68, Luketoo and Lukeagain
Platform
PC
I am out of words, full of tears.
My personal teaser, she was.
I liked her so much, I knew she liked me too, that is why we kept teasing each other.
I am so sorry for your loss, Ori. She let me promise that I had to be nice to you.
I am gonna keep that promise. Be strong, my dear.
Luke

• Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
You wrote a beautiful post, Ori. You're right, we didn't know. For a while I've been looking out in game for her, hoping to see her back soon. Knowing now she won't come back hurts, and I will miss her tremendously.
I wish you, and everyone she leaves behind, all the strength in the world.

Reactions: Catori and Dark Ghostman
  • Likex2

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I usually have no trouble with words, they come easily to me. But every time I try to post on this thread, I fail. I don’t have the words. Nyxxe was a truly special individual, and we were all so lucky to have her friendship. This game will not be the same without her.

You did write a beautiful post, Ori.

Dawana

Wizard
Platform
PC
I will miss you in the game but in my hart you are forever there hope you find your peace,until we meet again!!

• Likex1

Rubyn

Arch Wizard
Characters
Rubyn
Platform
Android, PC
I am really sorry for your loss Ori.
She was such wonderful person and I will miss her, she always brought life and laughter.
Now she is really our angel as we always joked... 😢

Dark Ghostman

Hunter
Platform
PC
Last edited
I would like to express my condolence. I lost a very important person too, last week. People wouldn't want you to feel bad, but you can't prevent it. It’s just like that. You put it very well. The memories must be preserved in our hearts. I wish you everything best for your whole life.
I wanted to post a song in the "Songs we love" threat but then I saw this one. So I'm going to put the song in here. For Nyxxe:

Annaliese

Huntress
Platform
iOS, PC
I am very sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family. "In the blueness of the sky and in the warmth of summer, we remember them. In the rustling of leaves and in the beauty of autumn, we remember them."

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
I'm very sorry for ur loss, Ori.
I kept typing and deleting here. Out of words. Nyxxe is one of my best friends in V&H. Same guild, talk and tease every day. In the past a few months I could feel her illness was getting worse through her words and her rare online time. But she never said anything about her illness and still tried to bring happiness to us, as always. Due to language I couldn't even find a proper word for her the first time she told me she was ill, And I still remember she said 'dont worry, I can catch the idea'. I will remember her forever. Now V&H without Nyxxe isn't the same game before for me.
Again due to language and culture difference, plz forgive me if my words aren't proper.
And Dear Otters, is it possible to remove the 14 days limit for Nyxxe's house?

Ori Gami

Huntress
Characters
Ori Gami
Platform
Steam
Thank you all for your kind words.

I have been asked if I would like something to be held in-game for her. This should not be my call but yours if you feel the need.

Due to obligations I won't be able to be online before sunday.

For the music lovers, know that she choose the music for her funeral herself and that it wasn't religious music.

Ori Gami