KrakatoaEdm

Citizen
Characters
KrakatoaEdm
Platform
iOS, PC
Have you ever noticed that in order to do a search in the Forums you have to go to the main page? For some reason, the search link only shows un pin that page but in none of the others. This is not practical at all since it forces the user to either back up to the main page to do the search or simply open another instance of the website just to do the search. Just thought I would point it out... <evil grin> What is it that villains say in movies? "Mwahahahahaha, ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"

😉😉Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 1.22.11 AM.png

Attachments

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Yup a little search box that appear anywhere on the forum will be great. Also there is "find thread" and "search forum" at the main page which some times make me chose the wrong one.

Reactions: KrakatoaEdm
  • Likex1

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited
This is intentional. Searching accounts for less than 0.5% of the actions people take on the forums - while obviously a useful feature, the fact that it's used relatively rarely makes it feel unnecessary to have it take up vertical space on every single page. If you do feel it's cumbersome to have to click "Forums" and then click the search button, you can of course also just bookmark the search page in your browser. :)

Reactions: KrakatoaEdm
  • Likex1

KrakatoaEdm

Citizen
Characters
KrakatoaEdm
Platform
iOS, PC
This is intentional. Searching accounts for less than 0.5% of the actions people take on the forums - while obviously a useful feature, the fact that it's used relatively rarely makes it feel unnecessary to have it take up vertical space on every single page. If you do feel it's cumbersome to have to flick "Forums" and then click the search button, you can of course also just bookmark the search page in your browser. :)
I actually have it in my favorites so it's bookmarked right underneath the browser's search bar. I hate having to ask something before I make sure (or at least try) that it hasn't been answered before. By the time I'm done using it, I betcha we have that percentage up to 0.87 %, you'll see! 😃