Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, All,

Some of you might have noticed this week that the usual auto-reboots did not take place. We have decided to remove them altogether since the reason they were primarily needed for, now no longer exists.

We also have a feeling this might make some of you plentiful node seekers a bit happier as well, as there will no longer be a weekly downtime for the nodes. ;)

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I did not really have an issue with the weekly reboots, but I thank you very much for eliminating the weekly plentiful node whining.

I'm almost sad to see it go. It's akin to Old Faithful deciding not to be faithful anymore, I'm confident we will find something else to whine about, but it's a rare thing to find something to whine over on a reliable and predictable schedule. ;)

As always, good job. Thanks for the never-ending efforts you guys put into making V&H an ever-improving game.
As for those that may have taken insult at my jibe on whining, please be assured that there was no personal insult intended.
It was a group insult. :p

Wait

Great Adventurer
Characters
Wait,Bubble O Seven, Powunow, Wait 4Bubbles, and Baby Bubble
Platform
iOS, PC
Awwws more opportunities for me to get distracted into gathering (rather than my combat :p)! Thank you for letting us know. I had noticed that there wasn't a reboot this week too.

Reactions: Katie4567
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
@Majenta, Layla already has enough to Whine about and has since she got her "tailless" pink Bunny suit
Now, this is a valid point.
While I greatly appreciate how this change affects plentiful nodes, I can't help but feel sad for the lack of plentiful bunny tails. :(
Far be it for me to criticize how Otters expend their dev time, but I'm beginning to suspect a bit of bunny prejudice in the decision-making process.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Perhaps because bunnies are known for their multiplication rate and nobody is ready for more than 1 Layla?
So they are being punished because they are good at math?

I once saw two bunnies hiding in a bush from a hound that was trying to sniff them out. As the hound drew closer, one of the bunnies leaned over to the other and I heard it whisper, "should we split up and make a run for it or just wait here until we outnumber it?"

I know that's a little off-topic, but it just goes to illustrate the importance of multiplication.
Education is an important thing. Don't you feel smarter, just from reading this?
No, no, it's okay...

You're welcome. :)

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
So there is this long-standing bug where the updated bonuses from a recently upgraded crafting station only apply to crafting performed in village (outside of village, it only applies the previous crafting station rank’s bonus) until the weekly maintenance was performed when they would once again reflect the proper bonuses both within the village and without.

and now there won’t be weekly maintenance reboots, so...