• Note: The forums are now a part of the new V&H website. For technical reasons, existing users will need to log back in with their forum username and password. Forum accounts are separate from game accounts - if you have forgotten your forum username or password, you can reset it here.

Iseabail

Wizard
Characters
Iseabail, Bodicca
Platform
iOS
I love the rebirth process, except, playing the same storyline over n over n over. If there were different side quest setups for rebirths, that would be incredible. Then the rebirther would plug back in after the finish of a Scamander type end to the quest. And, if possible make a couple of rebirth side quests given to a rebirth player. I know it sounds difficult, but even using the same framework but with a different storyline would be incredible.

Reactions: Jurksch
  • Likex1

WarriorCat

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
They have done it with the shadow zones, based on the regular ones.

One thought came to mind for those at lvl 90: why not create shadow zones based on all the regular ones?Only accessible from 90, it will allow players to have access to a different storyline, many side quests (I know Sarah loves to write) and a gloomier version of it. Unless they decide to raise the cap to lvl 200, I don't see how they can retain players at this point. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I have been playing for a long time. I am just a little worried once I reach 90...

Edit: I did 2 rebirths and I personally do not like it. Why? Same stories, same places with a few extra xp points. I like variety :D

Reactions: Iseabail
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
They have done it with the shadow zones, based on the regular ones.

One thought came to mind for those at lvl 90: why not create shadow zones based on all the regular ones?Only accessible from 90, it will allow players to have access to a different storyline, many side quests (I know Sarah loves to write) and a gloomier version of it. Unless they decide to raise the cap to lvl 200, I don't see how they can retain players at this point. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I have been playing for a long time. I am just a little worried once I reach 90...

Edit: I did 2 rebirths and I personally do not like it. Why? Same stories, same places with a few extra xp points. I like variety :D
Or "Shadow zones" for ALL zones? I can see this being a thing, plus make dungeons to mirror the shadow zones as well!

Reactions: Jurksch
  • Likex1

WarriorCat

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
Or "Shadow zones" for ALL zones? I can see this being a thing, plus make dungeons to mirror the shadow zones as well!
How about turning those medallions we all have for shadow ones?...that would be nice to recycle what we have already

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I'd like to suggest something simular to what City of Heroes did. Once you reach level 90 you gain access to a time portal, that allows you to go back and do all the quest that you did not finish at the level the quest was set at. This would be simular to the Event Zones where everything is auto leveled, no changing out weapons, Armor & other equipment. Just go to a special quest giver and do the quests with the same rewards.

Roselda

Great Adventurer
Characters
Roselda, Rozelda
Platform
PC
Last edited
The rebirthing process is a good idea but re-doing the quests is not fun. It's tedious and boring, for me at least. I've rebirthed a total of 6 times for 2 toons and I won't do it again unless there's some change in the process. I know, some will say that you don't have to re-do the quests each and every time, but even the main questline gets really groan-worthy. And there's that slightly OCD part of me that can't stand leaving all those NPC's with question marks over their heads.
What if re-setting the quests were an option at rebirth? You could choose to re-set or just leave them as completed. There'd be benefit to some people in re-setting them for the xp, but those like me who'd rather not have to do them again could just leave them be.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
The rebirthing process is a good idea but re-doing the quests is not fun. It's tedious and boring, for me at least. I've rebirthed a total of 6 times for 2 toons and I won't do it again unless there's some change in the process. I know, some will say that you don't have to re-do the quests each and every time, but even the main questline gets really grown-worthy. And there's that slightly OCD part of me that can't stand leaving all those NPC's with question marks over their heads.
What if re-setting the quests were an option at rebirth? You could choose to re-set or just leave them as completed. There'd be benefit to some people in re-setting them for the xp, but those like me who'd rather not have to do them again could just leave them be.
You can just run the bounties at lower levels till you get close to your original level, just remember to finish the quest line you are on before rebirth

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
The rebirthing process is a good idea but re-doing the quests is not fun. It's tedious and boring
I agree, and after having gone through 5 rebirths, I'm done. It doesn't matter to me that they're adding a new class, I'm just simply not going to go through all of the same content again.

I would love for the option to purchase a toon at it's 5th rebirth (an option only available to accounts who have attained a 5 rebirth character). I would pay good money for this, and I would pay for all the sockets required to max out this new toon too.

But going through everything all over again... NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!!!!!

Iseabail

Wizard
Characters
Iseabail, Bodicca
Platform
iOS
I hate rebirths now. Like everyone else, it’s BORING. AND every single time I get Samuel killed and Nadia kidnapped with no possibility of redemption, downer. I actually have anxiety before every one. I’m working my way back from my 60 lvl rebirth and unless something changes I won’t rebirth again. I just can’t take it. My guild hides when I have to rebirth, afraid to say “Happy Rebirth Day”... lol. Without them I think I would’ve stopped playing the game at the first rebirth. Love you guys

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
The only thing putting me off making a shaman is the long grind up to 90 after doing 16 rebirths on various servers with 4 toons. The novelty of learning new feats and play style just wont be enough to alleviate the boredom of running the same zones and doing the same quests over and over. Now if there were more new side quests ....... or a couple of new zones even? Maybe one day. ;)