KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
My nature hunter is nothing special. Level 72 with epic gear and missing quite a few spells as well. He is usually pretty high up in DPS however nowhere near the top tier level 90 players.

That is until he got the new nature talent. Now, my hunter is competing with max level characters when he should definitely not be anywhere near that DPS.

Here's the chart from a Red Cloister run.

The ultimate 'PlagueLord' where poison shot (one of my highest DPS spells) spreads to up to 10 nearby enemies is the major contributor to this. That ultimate needs to be toned down because I was stealing aggro from high levels tanks.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The obvious question, given that you have obviously changed your build to include the new ultimate is had the other characters altered theirs?

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Last edited
The obvious question, given that you have obviously changed your build to include the new ultimate is had the other characters altered theirs?
Unfortunately your obvious question has no obvious answer unless I track down and speak with each individual involved in the run.

Strictly looking at the facts though, it is clear as to why this particular ultimate is overpowered in its current state.

Out of my 3 main DPS spells their numbers are as such:
  • Woodland Arrow: 3835 damage every 6.5 seconds
    • 75% Chance to deal 10,829 damage
  • Noxious Shot: 3258 damage every 3.9 seconds
  • Poison Shot: 11,681 damage over 6 seconds (~1946 per second) every 3.9 seconds
Poison Shot is clearly my nature hunter's highest DPS spell right off the bat, even considering it is a DoT spell. If I managed to cast Noxious shot twice before casting another Poison shot it would still deal less damage than a full Poison Shot duration.

Now, multiply this damage for up to 10 nearby enemies with the Plaguelord Ultimate. This is a situational ultimate as it may not be as useful in solo scenarios but certainly has a large impact in dungeons and other group areas.

Essentially I am hitting every nearby enemy (most packs consist of 5) with my highest DPS spell every 6 seconds.

An easy way to tone it down would be that each nearby enemy takes [Previous Duration - 1 second] of damage over time. So the initial enemy takes 6 seconds of poison, the next takes 5, then 4, then 3 and so on.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
i've been saying this to since the livestream, the nature hutner and fire wizard talent is so strong compared to class that got only stat bonus like fury warrior or other class that got utility talent only, but then the Otter said they gonna change how stats work so I just waited, but now i am disappointed that it only change the logarithmic curve a little. This make talent that only give stats really bad, like instead of getting 100% bonus armor i'll choose 10% damage reduction everytime.

Reactions: KAVE
  • Likex1

VH猎爹

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android, PC
If each class is too strong, in the copy is the warrior tank mechanism hate is not strong enough, but also need to strengthen the strange hate, so not afraid of every class damage, completely solve the problem

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Royal Guardian
Platform
Android, PC
Yeah, powerful talent! I will say that I (the second guy on that screenshot) at least, haven't respecced any yet. Being a hybrid priest, unfortunately, there's not really anything I can afford to benefit me from the patch. It's possible that full holy could out-damage hybrid priest now in AoE situations (mana costs went up by a lot losing housebuff, so shadow blast is out now, I think). I think me not being top of the damage chart anymore would make sense (as I can heal a party, too!), but yeah, surprised it was a mid-level hunter above me. Still been topping the single-target fight damage in the ladders, though, so not sure if I'm going to try respeccing for a bit.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
It definitely needs some work. While I don't have a hunter, I had the honor to play with some of the best hunters on EU1 through both dungeons multiple times. Their damage was through the roof. Mind you we usually pull more than 5 mobs, sometimes as much as 10, so they can really utilize this talent. They were very much ahead in terms of damage. While I can't really say in which way should this be changed (as I'm very clueless when it comes to hunters), it definitely shows that something must be changed

• Likex1

Rin

Citizen
It's not just the ultimate, although it definitely contributes a lot in dungeon (especially now that they evened out the dmg distribution of DoTs).
The talent itself is OP too. Every tick of DoT nature dmg (natures have 3 skills), give 1 stack of volatile poisons, which increases crit dmg by 1% per stack (max of 50 stacks). On one dungeon run, it will probably always be on. And since the return rates of stats got nerfed, everyone else has relatively lower crit dmg while nature hunters got crit dmg buff althroughout the run. Plus, a 200% standard nature aoe dmg once it reaches 50stacks.

Maybe decrease the percent chance of maxed talent from100% to 50% and at 50stacks, it becomes +25% crit dmg instead of +50%.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
New nature conservationist talent is very good. Please do not change it. And about all the talents. IT IS VERY GOOD. Some new talents are very good, others are just good. There are no bad ones.:D

Reactions: VH猎爹
  • Likex1

Hooded man

Legendary Hero
Platform
PC
Ohhh Wow you finally did what you said in that live stream!! now in the dungeons a lvl 60 hunter with rare gear and 4 spells can do more damage than a high end full geared warrior congratulations !! :D .
Maybe you shouldn't try to make an already very powerful class even better than the rest and try to make the other ones more appealing.For example Priest is the least popular class in the game hands down because healing is not a huge factor in this game and well geared chars can take care of themselves.Shadow priest have also dot abilities why didn't they take an ultimate as strong as this one so people acually have something to enjoy playing with in that class.

Rin

Citizen
Maybe decrease the percent chance of maxed talent from100% to 50% and at 50stacks, it becomes +25% crit dmg instead of +50%.
Alternate to my own suggestion, maybe when you get that ultimate Plaguelord, the cooldown time for Poison Shot will increase instead. It has only a base cooldown of 6 seconds, it can easily become as low as 3-4sec with decent expertise. That is ridiculously OP. Poison Shot has the highest damage value after Venom of the Serpent (which has 4min cd). It has very low cooldown, and now became an aoe.

Question, why didn't you boost a relatively weaker skill instead like Tempest of the Roc? Sure it is an aoe heal and damage, but both of them are very weak and has a 1 min base cooldown.

Reactions: Giruv and KAVE
  • Likex2

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Alternate to my own suggestion, maybe when you get that ultimate Plaguelord, the cooldown time for Poison Shot will increase instead. It has only a base cooldown of 6 seconds, it can easily become as low as 3-4sec with decent expertise. That is ridiculously OP. Poison Shot has the highest damage value after Venom of the Serpent (which has 4min cd). It has very low cooldown, and now became an aoe.

Question, why didn't you boost a relatively weaker skill instead like Tempest of the Roc? Sure it is an aoe heal and damage, but both of them are very weak and has a 1 min base cooldown.
I agree, I'd love to see Tempest of the Roc receive a worthwhile boost with this ultimate

Reactions: Jolon
  • Likex1

IoOvOo

Wizard
Characters
loOvOo
Platform
Android, PC
Nature was good at single target damage. And now part of damage became aoe:rolleyes:
I know not everything happens in dungeon but nearly double dmg dealt with similar gears is crazy.
Btw I found the new ice and arcane talents so useless now. Maybe test them more later.

• Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
yeah nature hunter got boosted on AoE damage and Fire Wizard got boosted single target damage, kinda weird imo, like they both got imporved but like losing their role. From what i find most of the new talent is not useless but they are not worth the 30 or 35 talent point.

Reactions: Alethrii
  • Likex1

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC

More data. I'm a level 76 nature hunter with a 6.6 attack rating. No buffs were used whatsoever. Those below me were all level 90 or close to it. So yes, I still feel it is overpowered!

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
Interesting, but I am not convinced by the charts. Some players don't have or want a high damage build. Where else have you tested this?

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Last edited
Interesting, but I am not convinced by the charts. Some players don't have or want a high damage build. Where else have you tested this?
It's hard to test the talent outside of dungeon and it is only OP in dungeon or dungeon like place , when fighting single target enemy like elder the ultimate didn't do anything, but The talent it self already really good, but not to the point of OP.

The fact that the skill do 3x more damage compared to most other AoE feat , with only 6 seconds cooldown (without expertise) and that's prior counting seasoned botanist bonus (25% extra damage and make it do the DoT in 6 seconds) and the explosion from volatile poison. The fact that it spread to 10 targets while holy bolt that do halve the damage only find 2 new targets for the same amount of talent point. Just by the stats alone you can see its OP without testing

Reactions: LevinaS and Dawnfire
  • Likex2