Landenen

Adventurer
Characters
Hunt, Grace, Blade, Gale, Blaze, Malificent, Mark, Furia, Glacia
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
One of my favorite characters to play was my Holy Priest- Grace. I called her a battle priest. She could not only keep people healed but she did good damage as well. She’d sometimes do top damage but not usually; she did however do respectable damage while keeping her teammates alive. She could also hold her own and get the job done if on her own. Now, she’s just BLAH. No matter what I do, runes I change, or equipment I find, she will still remain just BLAH.
Sadly my priest isn’t the only character suffering from the blahs. I get that each character has a “role” to play in a group setting. But this latest update has taken away the WOW factor of not just my priest but many classes. The marksmen is another class that is just a mere shadow of what it once was. With the loss of the skill “show them how it’s done” then loosing the murder shot resetting your timers, and the loss of it single target stun, I don’t see any reason why anyone would even want to make a marksmen. Every class before this latest update had its own wow factor. Something that would make it standout, that gave the player the drive to spend countless hours developing a character, searching for the best runes, the best gear to see the character be successful. There is a big difference between being playable and having a Wow factor. You noticed when you saw the shadow priest doing massive damage; you noticed the marksmen stunning and having everyone’s timers almost instantly renewed for a period of time. You took notice of the priest skillfully keeping you healed. The ice wizzy who was able to tank.
I’m hoping that this thread will be read by not only players but by the devs as well. I’d like to hear your feedback. My hope is that we can get back some of our lost character abilities. I don’t think anyone wants to just be blah. I know I don’t. I want my WOW factor back.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Last edited
Every class before this latest update had its own wow factor. Something that would make it standout, that gave the player the drive to spend countless hours developing a character, searching for the best runes, the best gear to see the character be successful. There is a big difference between being playable and having a Wow factor. You noticed when you saw the shadow priest doing massive damage; you noticed the marksmen stunning and having everyone’s timers almost instantly renewed for a period of time. You took notice of the priest skillfully keeping you healed. The ice wizzy who was able to tank.
I’m hoping that this thread will be read by not only players but by the devs as well. I’d like to hear your feedback. My hope is that we can get back some of our lost character abilities. I don’t think anyone wants to just be blah. I know I don’t. I want my WOW factor back.
Sorry but not warriors. Especially fury warriors.

Reactions: Lamorack
  • Likex1

Renaiss

Reader
Not long after creating Renaiss, a nature hunter, I made AutumnFall, a marksman hunter. Although Ren was better for soloing (my preferred method of playing), Autumn always did better with group content in the EZs. The differences between the subclasses made both of them fun to play. Now, the only reason to keep Autumn is sentimentality (and all the money I spent on vaults for her, lol). The marksman subclass just doesn't seem to have an identity anymore. My earth shaman (level 49) does much better with mana now, but everything else is lackluster at best. Even killing mobs is harder for her now, and her threat went from "pitiful" to "non-existent", making her useless in a group. Due to her reliance on Shadow Orbs, my shadow priest (level 28) actually needs more mana potions now, and most of the "oomph" that made her fun to play is gone. Since the mana build, I haven't really tried playing Renaiss: if nature isn't fun anymore...

Reactions: Stella StormSong
  • Likex1

Landenen

Adventurer
Characters
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
I disagree, although the addition of charts is nice, I am sure the devs are quite aware of the changes that were made. I’m also quite certain most players do not have any charts available for comparison. This is constructive feedback. Personally I think the devs did an awesome job considering the huge project that was handed to them. I also think though that on some things they kinda missed the mark. I feel they forgot that each class needs its “WOW” factor. Otherwise there is no incentive. Who wants to just be playable- mediocre, I think most people want to see their character be successful- have there character bring a new flavor to each group setting, and be successful as well in individual play.

Drakz

Legendary Hero
I'm 100% sure devs would like to see constructive feedback (combat charts, stats, gear, talents etc.) and not just "nah, my char is blah now, gimme back my abilities".
Devs are well aware of the changes and have had proper feedback. Seems they force certain classes to play traditional role while others get it all. If one should be traditional then so should all of them. Earth Shaman is a tank but they outdoing pure dps classes when they are tanks not dps. In no situation should a tank be out doi g shadow or fire wizards on dps when the dps is geaed up and max lvl with 5 rbs but yet there they are doing it. So no the devs dont need feedback for one its no secret and 2 proper testing would have gave all the feedback needed.

Sumi

Arch Wizard
Characters
Sumia, Sumie, Sumii, Sumio, Sumiu
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
My earth shaman (level 49) does much better with mana now, but everything else is lackluster at best. Even killing mobs is harder for her now, and her threat went from "pitiful" to "non-existent", making her useless in a group
The only changes to earth shaman were buffing the 30 ultimate (Diamond Skin), changing the 30 talent to be more fair (instead of OP at just one point) but those wouldn't affect ur threat or damage as a 49 earth (unless you maxed Riptide for some reason that low). Other changes were the mana from 5 ultimate, and adding threat to Crag Strike. I hate to say this, but the threat actually went up and the damage stayed the same.

Maybe holding threat is tough bc you're lvl49? That would do it. Using a lvl46 crafted Axe I presume? If so, you'll be stronger at 46 than at 49. At 46, all your spells are either A.) at your lvl, or B.) at lvl50 (4 above you) for the crafted feats. While at lvl49, your spells are either A.) 3 levels below yours, or B.) 1 level above yours. Can even add them together for an easy comparison. Net spells of +3 leves, versus net spells of -2 levels? 3 talent points don't make up for that.

Also how did your mana use go up on your shadow priest? Not poo-posting, just genuinely wondering. If you're playing it right (and not redoing curses that are still on the enemy, just a silly waste of mana) then you shouldn't be using more mana... If anything shadows would be using less mana due to Orbs not being broken anymore (aka not having to recast every single curse every 5sec, which is now recast every single curse every 5sec * 60% chance), plus the buff to Vampiric Pact... Maybe the new necklace spell, on a long cooldown, is using all the mana? Hmm, idk.

proper testing would have gave all the feedback needed
Reminder you can always become a tester yourself if you're gonna blame stuff on testers. I wonder if everyone realizes how testing works. We volunteer time to log in to a different version of the game, and spend hours from our real lives playing that game to try to find bugs. We don't play making progress towards our toons, we play looking for bugs and flaws bc we wanna help the game. And yes sometimes stuff gets missed, sometimes bugs appear during the transfer to live, sometimes there's not enough testers at once to test all the group content. Easiest solution for any frustrations towards builds would be to take control of the situation, and do it yourself. It's A.) Not the job of testers to be developers, and B.) Not the job of testers to be blamed for not volunteering more time or not catching every small thing. People would be surprised at just how much changes between the very first test build to the one that goes live. But the first step out of frustrations is to be the change you wanna see.

If I were making the post I linked, I would've mentioned certain parts of Earth tank builds that carry high dps (such as Windfury points) which contribute to the high damage, instead of just complaining... Spamming of Earth Shard and Ground Slam do a lot towards damage, but it's just when people take 35 in Windfury with Water Whip, Rock Bite, Crag Strike, and Earth Shard (plus sometimes Water Bolt, Water Shield) that Earth tanks get really high single-target dps. Definitely interesting. Would you instead suggest an increase to the mana cost inflation from Attune to Earth/Water? Maybe a nerf to Windfury or Scion of the Elements?

Overall, I'm glad though they fixed the problem of Holy's DPS. Nowhere have I ever seen someone complaining Water shamans do as much damage as DPS classes. I don't see Water shamans topping the charts in both DPS and Healing. That's kinda how it works playing a healer - you're there to heal not to do the most damage... I'm personally glad those unfair "I never die, I can keep the whole group alive, and I can top the damage charts" Holy builds are gone. Holy Ardor was really strong, especially when spamming Heal to fish for it (before every Detonation for some hybrids and Shadows, and otherwise constantly for some Holies), and Divine Inspiration meant Holy was balanced with the constant +20% buff to both Holy and Shadow ability power active.

But yeah Earth might need to get looked at, but then again, Lightning still does high DPS now as well, like before (can be pretty on par with Earth). Hybridizing Lightning with some Fury, same as hybridizing some Earth with Water/Wind. Gets that DPS. So maybe all tank spells should get DPS nerfed? That could help, though I wouldn't wanna see all the tanks lose that soloing power. Constructive thoughts?

Renaiss

Reader
I'm 100% sure devs would like to see constructive feedback (combat charts, stats, gear, talents etc.) and not just "nah, my char is blah now, gimme back my abilities".
There are ample threads where players have been providing that type of feedback. Frankly, this argument has worn a bit thin. Most players don't keep records of combat charts & stats, but this does not make us oblivious to the fact that our characters don't function the way they did before the mana build. Statistics don't determine whether or not players still enjoy playing their characters because FUN isn't measured by numbers on a combat chart. This is a game. Games are meant to be fun. If a game isn't fun, people won't play it. Yet, time and again, when players try to provide some "enjoyability" feedback, we're dismissively told that the devs just want "constructive" feedback based on charts & stats which most of us can't provide. Perhaps this argument has merit and the devs really don't care how players feel about the changes to their characters, but I'd like to believe that they do care.

Asante

Citizen
Platform
  1. PC
This exactly is the problem.

Most casual players just want to play. They don't want to have to fuss around with having to perfect their gear just to be able to level fluidly, they don't want to bother about charts or other tweaks to prove that they liked the game more the way it was before. To figure out how programming makes a class easier or harder to play, ist the dev's job, not ours. The end result, how playing feels, that is what players are expressing and should be expressing and they are shut down by posts like this one.

A lot of players don't even bother with posting their opinios after reading forums, no one wants to be put down by super smart comments. Sadly this has been going on for years on the forums. Your post is answered by comments that put you down and make you feel stupid, but they are written in such an intelligent way, that no one can nail the poster on being mean. But you feel embarrassed and exposed and do not post again - if you do, at some point you will have all the minions hoarding against you. Unfortunately this behavior is not stopped, but promoted.

In the end people instead of posting their opinion just stop playing V&H. I did some time ago, just now and then looking a the forums, just to get very sad every time I do - the more distance I get the more ridicoulous these discussions seem. If I have to bother with spending hours to optimize my gear and then notice that I'm still forced to do find an elite group to get most of the rewards, then I can just go back to the game I played before (which I did btw) and enjoy the better graphics, the larger content and the perfectly balanced classes.

The simplicity and ease, the relaxed solo play that V&H offered when I started was what I loved about it, and that you could earn most of the non-crown rewards without having to perfect your build or belong to the largest guild. Not the whole free to play thing - I don't mind paying for play time. Sadly most of the changes in the last two years took the joy of playing away piece by piece till I had to quit at some point. It just doesn't make sense to spend my free time getting frustrated and upset over and over again and to spend hard earned money on supporting programmers that destroy what I love about the game.

In my opinon - the casual players that love relaxed gameplay, the solo players, the villagers, the quiet ones are mostly being ignored or ridiculed and their wishes are being pushed back with several excuses - best example ist the housing update along with never happening village updates. I say excuses, because if they really wanted to get the housing done, why put a huge effort in pushing through an unwanted (yeah right sorry. 4 people wanted it) mana build instead of putting those programmers to work on the housing too or at least on some of the most requested Qol changes (just saying buyback function - years and years and years).

While the players that love group play, complicated and challenging content, who love to prove their points loudly, agressively and with charts and examples are the ones that are heard and their requests are being pushed through with all hands on deck.

Well - in the end - if they are the ones that pay your bills, devs, then you are totally doing the right thing. Well done, keep going, I'm happy if the game does well (I mean it, I'm actually not being sarcastic!).

On the other hand if you are losing paying players, you might consider reflecting if you maybe have made some really bad decisions in the last two or three years.

Anyway - your game, your lives, your decisions.

@Renaiss: you've been awesome trying to fight. But they apparently decided to go the other way. Villagers are dead. Just quit, it will make your life easier.

Renaiss

Reader
The only changes to earth shaman were buffing the 30 ultimate (Diamond Skin), changing the 30 talent to be more fair (instead of OP at just one point) but those wouldn't affect ur threat or damage as a 49 earth (unless you maxed Riptide for some reason that low). Other changes were the mana from 5 ultimate, and adding threat to Crag Strike. I hate to say this, but the threat actually went up and the damage stayed the same.

Maybe holding threat is tough bc you're lvl49? That would do it. Using a lvl46 crafted Axe I presume? If so, you'll be stronger at 46 than at 49. At 46, all your spells are either A.) at your lvl, or B.) at lvl50 (4 above you) for the crafted feats. While at lvl49, your spells are either A.) 3 levels below yours, or B.) 1 level above yours. Can even add them together for an easy comparison. Net spells of +3 leves, versus net spells of -2 levels? 3 talent points don't make up for that.

Also how did your mana use go up on your shadow priest? Not poo-posting, just genuinely wondering. If you're playing it right (and not redoing curses that are still on the enemy, just a silly waste of mana) then you shouldn't be using more mana... If anything shadows would be using less mana due to Orbs not being broken anymore (aka not having to recast every single curse every 5sec, which is now recast every single curse every 5sec * 60% chance), plus the buff to Vampiric Pact... Maybe the new necklace spell, on a long cooldown, is using all the mana? Hmm, idk.
Yep, my level 49 earth shaman has a level 46 crafted axe and she did (accidentally) level up in the middle of my comparison EZ run. I haven't tried rearranging any of her talent points (mostly earth with a few in wind) because I wanted to compare apples to apples: I haven't tried oranges, pears, or apricots, lol. My shadow priest only has 3 feats on her mace, so I do tend to be a bit spammy with them. It was still apples to apples though, because I was doing that before the changes too. I'm sure a lot of the issues with those two alts are due to their gear (all crafted) and my playstyle (more villager than hero). Thanks for your interest & your input!

@Renaiss: you've been awesome trying to fight. But they apparently decided to go the other way. Villagers are dead. Just quit, it will make your life easier.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness! I do sometimes feel like I'm tilting at windmills in this game, so I am looking for something else to play. Something solo, without forums, lol.

Ellusive

Priest
Characters
Ellusive
Platform
  1. iOS
One of my favorite characters to play was my Holy Priest- Grace. I called her a battle priest. She could not only keep people healed but she did good damage as well. She’d sometimes do top damage but not usually; she did however do respectable damage while keeping her teammates alive. She could also hold her own and get the job done if on her own. Now, she’s just BLAH. No matter what I do, runes I change, or equipment I find, she will still remain just BLAH.
Sadly my priest isn’t the only character suffering from the blahs. I get that each character has a “role” to play in a group setting. But this latest update has taken away the WOW factor of not just my priest but many classes. The marksmen is another class that is just a mere shadow of what it once was. With the loss of the skill “show them how it’s done” then loosing the murder shot resetting your timers, and the loss of it single target stun, I don’t see any reason why anyone would even want to make a marksmen. Every class before this latest update had its own wow factor. Something that would make it standout, that gave the player the drive to spend countless hours developing a character, searching for the best runes, the best gear to see the character be successful. There is a big difference between being playable and having a Wow factor. You noticed when you saw the shadow priest doing massive damage; you noticed the marksmen stunning and having everyone’s timers almost instantly renewed for a period of time. You took notice of the priest skillfully keeping you healed. The ice wizzy who was able to tank.
Thank you for posting this

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I’m hoping that this thread will be read by not only players but by the devs as well. I’d like to hear your feedback. My hope is that we can get back some of our lost character abilities.
Thanks for posting the feedback. We just pushed a build live today that boosts some spells/feats/talents. We would have pushed it sooner, but pushing builds live involves a fair amount of not only dev time, but testing, and work with the Apple and Google playstores.

We appreciate general feedback like yours, as well as more detailed info on specific changes- all are welcome.

As posted in the Patch notes, we will continue to make changes as needed... a boost to Holy Priest is already in the works.

There was a concern raised in this thread that we were neglecting Housing in favor of the class balance/mana changes. That's not the case. The Housing work was done independently, and would not have benefited by moving more otters over to it. Housing should be live soon.

To everyone in the community, please continue to share your advice and critiques of Villagers & Heroes.

Best,
Damon

Landenen

Adventurer
Characters
Platform
  1. iOS
  2. PC
Thanks for posting the feedback. We just pushed a build live today that boosts some spells/feats/talents. We would have pushed it sooner, but pushing builds live involves a fair amount of not only dev time, but testing, and work with the Apple and Google playstores.

We appreciate general feedback like yours, as well as more detailed info on specific changes- all are welcome.

As posted in the Patch notes, we will continue to make changes as needed... a boost to Holy Priest is already in the works.

There was a concern raised in this thread that we were neglecting Housing in favor of the class balance/mana changes. That's not the case. The Housing work was done independently, and would not have benefited by moving more otters over to it. Housing should be live soon.

To everyone in the community, please continue to share your advice and critiques of Villagers & Heroes.

Best,
Damon
Thanks Damon!

Reactions: Valkeri
  • Likex1

Drakz

Legendary Hero

Reminder you can always become a tester yourself if you're gonna blame stuff on testers. I wonder if everyone realizes how testing works. We volunteer time to log in to a different version of the game, and spend hours from our real lives playing that game to try to find bugs. We don't play making progress towards our toons, we play looking for bugs and flaws bc we wanna help the game. And yes sometimes stuff gets missed, sometimes bugs appear during the transfer to live, sometimes there's not enough testers at once to test all the group content. Easiest solution for any frustrations towards builds would be to take control of the situation, and do it yourself. It's A.) Not the job of testers to be developers, and B.) Not the job of testers to be blamed for not volunteering more time or not catching every small thing. People would be surprised at just how much changes between the very first test build to the one that goes live. But the first step out of frustrations is to be the change you wanna see.

If I were making the post I linked, I would've mentioned certain parts of Earth tank builds that carry high dps (such as Windfury points) which contribute to the high damage, instead of just complaining... Spamming of Earth Shard and Ground Slam do a lot towards damage, but it's just when people take 35 in Windfury with Water Whip, Rock Bite, Crag Strike, and Earth Shard (plus sometimes Water Bolt, Water Shield) that Earth tanks get really high single-target dps. Definitely interesting. Would you instead suggest an increase to the mana cost inflation from Attune to Earth/Water? Maybe a nerf to Windfury or Scion of the Elements?

Overall, I'm glad though they fixed the problem of Holy's DPS. Nowhere have I ever seen someone complaining Water shamans do as much damage as DPS classes. I don't see Water shamans topping the charts in both DPS and Healing. That's kinda how it works playing a healer - you're there to heal not to do the most damage... I'm personally glad those unfair "I never die, I can keep the whole group alive, and I can top the damage charts" Holy builds are gone. Holy Ardor was really strong, especially when spamming Heal to fish for it (before every Detonation for some hybrids and Shadows, and otherwise constantly for some Holies), and Divine Inspiration meant Holy was balanced with the constant +20% buff to both Holy and Shadow ability power active.

But yeah Earth might need to get looked at, but then again, Lightning still does high DPS now as well, like before (can be pretty on par with Earth). Hybridizing Lightning with some Fury, same as hybridizing some Earth with Water/Wind. Gets that DPS. So maybe all tank spells should get DPS nerfed? That could help, though I wouldn't wanna see all the tanks lose that soloing power. Constructive thoughts?
i work 12 hrs a day i dont have the time for it or i would apply and yes if the testers didnt notice tanks were doing soo much dmg then i do blame them plain and simple.Seeing that was happening would not have taken long at all it was just a matter of looking at dmg output and its not a bug so theres that. funny a Holy can take the few little things to help boost dmg but it does absolutely no good lol guess that was just missed too huh?And no when i played my Holy i never topped charts healing i was focused on dps but apparently we cant do that any more we are forced into one role unlike other classes. And you said your there to heal not do the most dmg well the same goes for a tank there there to be a meat shield and take the beating not to do dps thats what everyone else is for. If you think for a minute that tanks are suppose to do a lot of dps then maybe you need to go back to the beginning and look through the gaming era's and figure out what they are about because your obviously misunderstanding or just refuse to acknowledge it. So Hybridizing Earth and lightning can give them lots of dps then why is not ok for Holy to do the same. If one class is forced into traditional roles then so should everyone of the others plain and simple. And throughout gaming history when you played a tank you were already aware of the fact that they were slow killers thats how it works High defense=low dps and Low defense =high dps thats a thing called balance that keeps getting thrown around here but yet i see none of it.

Reactions: Mudcart and Z e r o
  • Hahax1
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
i work 12 hrs a day i dont have the time for it or i would apply and yes if the testers didnt notice tanks were doing soo much dmg then i do blame them plain and simple.Seeing that was happening would not have taken long at all it was just a matter of looking at dmg output and its not a bug so theres that. funny a Holy can take the few little things to help boost dmg but it does absolutely no good lol guess that was just missed too huh?And no when i played my Holy i never topped charts healing i was focused on dps but apparently we cant do that any more we are forced into one role unlike other classes. And you said your there to heal not do the most dmg well the same goes for a tank there there to be a meat shield and take the beating not to do dps thats what everyone else is for. If you think for a minute that tanks are suppose to do a lot of dps then maybe you need to go back to the beginning and look through the gaming era's and figure out what they are about because your obviously misunderstanding or just refuse to acknowledge it. So Hybridizing Earth and lightning can give them lots of dps then why is not ok for Holy to do the same. If one class is forced into traditional roles then so should everyone of the others plain and simple. And throughout gaming history when you played a tank you were already aware of the fact that they were slow killers thats how it works High defense=low dps and Low defense =high dps thats a thing called balance that keeps getting thrown around here but yet i see none of it.
Yes Drakz, you make valid points and trying to balance characters that have been out of balance for around 3 years is going to take some work, some tinkering, some help from players like you who can explain what you see needs work and just plain old time. No one said you were wrong, no one said anyone was wrong but it's nothing to get so angry and upset about that it ruins your day. Please try to be patient and explain things so we all can understand. On the forums we are not all native English speakers so sometimes things aren't said correctly. It's been through talking to people here and reading what they say that I've gained a bit more understanding of what people mean.

As far as testing goes, it isn't an exact science either. To test specific builds on characters it can take a very long while to try to outfit our toons so we can test how the update is going by comparing them to our live toons. And yes, sometimes we aren't as close as we'd like to be in comparing our test toons to our live toons. But we do try! In fact testers are 100% uncompensated and are giving their time freely so please be patient and respect them for what they do.

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Danger Zone, Black Cvlt, Coup de Grace, High Voltage
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
Last edited
who love to prove their points loudly, agressively and with charts and examples
I'm not sure why my post about constructive feedback was interpreted as "prove your point loudly agressively with charts and examples".
No need to fight, no need to gather tons of data for your character. Just provide a little more context on your issue (share your build, for example), it'll be more than enough.
To figure out how programming makes a class easier or harder to play, ist the dev's job, not ours
Well, if we want to make a class more enjoyable to play, it is in our interest to make their job easier.

I feel they forgot that each class needs its “WOW” factor
Let's compare two healers - Holy Priest and Water Shaman.

Holy PriestWater Shaman
High AoE dps (Holy Bolt + Heaven's Prayer)Low AoE dps (Riptide doesn't work in a party)
Average Solo target dps (a little higher than the dps of Water Shaman - 3 spells - Holy Bolt, Smite, Divine Hammer)Average Solo target dps (2 spells - Water Whip + Water Bolt)
High Instant heal (low cd Heal, Bless, Cure)Low Instant Heal (Swift Waters - high manacost, high cooldown)
Low DoT heal (Restore, Mass Heal)High DoT heal (almost all healing spells of Water Shaman are DoTs)
Low AoE heal (Restore + Heaven's Prayer, Mass Heal)High AoE heal (Healing Rain + Wave Healing)
AoE CureSolo target Cure
Great mana management (Righteousness + Blessed Recompense from Bless)Not so good mana management (Liwing Water + you need to spend 15 talents for Mana Gusts)
Good in Solo and Party Raids as it is; no need to reset talents, gear etc.Poor performance in Solo Raids, you need to reset talents (drop Surge of Life, take Riptide)
Buffs (Each class has its own unique set of buffs; I prefer buffs of Holy Priest):
  • Bless (+10-20 Ability Power / Critical Chance or -20-40% manacost or +7.5-15% resistance)
  • Shield (+ random Blessing upon shield expiration)
  • Condemn (-30% of armor and magic resist for enemy)
Buffs:
  • Mana restoring buffs (Replenish from Wave Healing, Mistral)
  • Wind Shear (-40% of armor and magic resist for enemy - useless if we have a tank and an enemy does not have AoE spells)

I think Holy Priest has enough WOW factors compare to another healer subclass (Water Shaman) - high AoE dps, high instant heal, AoE Cure, great mana management, universality.

Tareco

Grand Priest
Characters
Tareco & GaiaFørce
Platform
  1. Android
  2. PC
I'm not sure why my post about constructive feedback was interpreted as "prove your point loudly agressively with charts and examples".
No need to fight, no need to gather tons of data for your character. Just provide a little more context on your issue (share your build, for example), it'll be more than enough.

Well, if we want to make a class more enjoyable to play, it is in our interest to make their job easier.

Let's compare two healers - Holy Priest and Water Shaman.

Holy PriestWater Shaman
High AoE dps (Holy Bolt + Heaven's Prayer)Low AoE dps (Riptide doesn't work in a party)
Average Solo target dps (a little higher than the dps of Water Shaman - 3 spells - Holy Bolt, Smite, Divine Hammer)Average Solo target dps (2 spells - Water Whip + Water Bolt)
High Instant heal (low cd Heal, Bless, Cure)Low Instant Heal (Swift Waters - high manacost, high cooldown)
Low DoT heal (Restore, Mass Heal)High DoT heal (almost all healing spells of Water Shaman are DoTs)
Low AoE heal (Restore + Heaven's Prayer, Mass Heal)High AoE heal (Healing Rain + Wave Healing)
AoE CureSolo target Cure
Great mana management (Righteousness + Blessed Recompense from Bless)Not so good mana management (Liwing Water + you need to spend 15 talents for Mana Gusts)
Good in Solo and Party Raids as it is; no need to reset talents, gear etc.Poor performance in Solo Raids, you need to reset talents (drop Surge of Life, take Riptide)
Buffs (Each class has its own unique set of buffs; I prefer buffs of Holy Priest):
  • Bless (+10-20 Ability Power / Critical Chance or -20-40% manacost or +7.5-15% resistance)
  • Shield (+ random Blessing upon shield expiration)
  • Condemn (-30% of armor and magic resist for enemy)
Buffs:
  • Mana restoring buffs (Replenish from Wave Healing, Mistral)
  • Wind Shear (-40% of armor and magic resist for enemy - useless if we have a tank and an enemy does not have AoE spells)

I think Holy Priest has enough WOW factors compare to another healer subclass (Water Shaman) - high AoE dps, high instant heal, AoE Cure, great mana management, universality.
Wouldn't be this a case of making the life of the water shaman better for soloing things/and giving more usefulness on groups rather than blaming the other healer sub class too powerful and being happy everytime they get nerfed?

Reactions: Valkeri
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Please, can we all focus on trying to improve things.

And yes, sometimes posting charts (on the forums) and examples are exactly what the devs have asked players who can do that to go ahead and post them. If you want changes or corrections then yes it's probably going to take those pictures, screenshots, charts, and maybe even wall-o-words to make your point clearly. We all don't speak the same language so maybe we all can just apply massive consideration and understanding in responding to each post?
Thank you all for your help and understanding.

Reactions: Deri and Zazie
  • Likex2