Squonk

Warrior
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
Agreed on it being a good change on the info on the tooltips :)

Any chance of an opacity slider in settings for the loot items though? they kind of block everything on the screen when you get a few loot items at once

Attachments

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
A piece of feedback on the tooltips in the item shop. The indicators of account bound/soulbound/tradeable are not very eye-catchy. I knew mine had to be soul/account bound due to steam, but had to actually search for it on the popup. I know from earlier feedback you mentioned it has its own part on the tooltops, and that that should make them more visible, but it did not feel logic to me. Especially since they are a bit vaguely gray-ish while the rest of the tooltip is in fairly bright white and gold. I am afraid it might lead to upset customers because they can not trade their purchase.

Reactions: Rohana
  • Likex1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
I love the new tooltips!

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
Perhaps a better implementation would be to make sure they separate and spread out as needed? Tends to be hard to read things underneath semi-transparent tooltips anyway.
yeah that works well too. The name used to be above the drop, right now its right on top of the item which make us can't see the icon

Ast

Villager
Platform
Android, PC
Love the new tooltips, but as mentioned, some small tweaks would make them better (like the soulbound/account bound text being a little brighter).

The drop name placards I'm not so in love with, lol. Perhaps the black border could be reduced a few pixels in each dimension? Sometimes when gathering, I was having issues finding the repair globs. Other people in my guild mentioned the same issue.

Well done overall though!

Black_Cvlt

Arch Wizard
Characters
Black_Cvlt, Danger Zone
Platform
Android, PC
Perhaps a better implementation would be to make sure they separate and spread out as needed? Tends to be hard to read things underneath semi-transparent tooltips anyway.
Btw,
"Green" sockets
1s.jpg
"Purple" sockets
2s.jpg
They can't be stacked. It looks weird now.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna, Lord Villian
Platform
Android
I had some confusion today recognising higher level gear that I was unable to equip. It seems the red lettering on the old style was easier to spot. It takes some getting use to seeing an item's epic stats listed differently than before, but I'll get used to it. Otherwise the new style is very nice.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah
Platform
Android, PC
Love the new tooltips, but as mentioned, some small tweaks would make them better (like the soulbound/account bound text being a little brighter).

The drop name placards I'm not so in love with, lol. Perhaps the black border could be reduced a few pixels in each dimension? Sometimes when gathering, I was having issues finding the repair globs. Other people in my guild mentioned the same issue.

Ha! My silly butt thought the drops with text boxes was a bug and I reported it this weekend! Sorry devs!

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
One thing I do miss a lot is a "rating" info we used to have. While it was indeed misleading for lots of players (they went for higher rating number without paying attention on stats) it made gearing so much easier when using the crafted gear with the same stats.

e.g. You made a batch of 50 items and you are lucky enough to get 4 of them with the stat combo you are after. Before you could just check the rating - rating 514 will have a higher sum of stats than 511, so keep the 514 and ditch the rest.

Now it's not possible to determine this on glance, you basically have to make a spreadsheet and sum all of the stats for each of the items. If one of those is already enhanced then it makes the process even harder.
Imo, putting back this number somewhere, hidden enough so new players can't use it as a baseline, would be very helpful.

Fern

Eldritch Huntress
Characters
Fern,Stag, stars
Platform
PC
I really do not like the new tool tips and loot labels. The tool tips are too big and cover my screen too much. The loot labels are way too big and cover up the game action. There are too many of them also. The gear descriptions are hard to read also. The last version of them was much better and easier to read in 1 glance. I do hope you will change these all back. All improvements are not always better! Thanks for all your hard work. I've been playing for 6 yrs. ;D:love:

Reactions: Phacs and Black_Cvlt
  • Likex2

Good2DBone

Adventurer
Characters
Good2DBone (Hunter Priest etc)
Platform
PC
One thing I do miss a lot is a "rating" info we used to have. While it was indeed misleading for lots of players (they went for higher rating number without paying attention on stats) it made gearing so much easier when using the crafted gear with the same stats.

e.g. You made a batch of 50 items and you are lucky enough to get 4 of them with the stat combo you are after. Before you could just check the rating - rating 514 will have a higher sum of stats than 511, so keep the 514 and ditch the rest.

Now it's not possible to determine this on glance, you basically have to make a spreadsheet and sum all of the stats for each of the items. If one of those is already enhanced then it makes the process even harder.
Imo, putting back this number somewhere, hidden enough so new players can't use it as a baseline, would be very helpful.
Agreed! Can we get those back?

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
I love that runes now have the level on them - so easy to see that way too many of my runes are woefully underpowered for my player level. Thank you for that.

Ast

Villager
Platform
Android, PC
Something I recently noticed about the new tooltips: they don't indicate when something is too high to be used by you. Not a huge issue for equips, but should be something on those consumables that are level gated. Also, would be nice if the level text was in a contrasting color.. it would make it easier to see levels at a glance.

Just some random thoughts.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Likex1

Alethrii

Citizen
Platform
iOS, Android, PC
The issue I am having at the moment is with loot items...use luckinium and now you will completely cover the area, or another person in your party! And before, you could easily pick just the loot you want, now you are almost forced to pick up everything, just to see what is at the bottom of the pile...or just to see in general! Did Maldwyn's Tomb and many of us didn't need/want the loot but it made it so you couldn't see the other bad guys attacking you, or which direction your party member just went....

Trinity

Warrior
Platform
PC

I see that Ivar has responded to this thread ty! I just wanted to add on the gathering "placards". I don't care for these at all. I know what i am gathering..i picked the node! I want to see the item that comes out of the node...ore, gems, motes, repair globes, ect. I want to see all their art work not square boxes with text in them. If nothing else can i toggle that description off? Love the look of most of the other tool tip changes and what not though! Thanks!

Reactions: Arjuna and Alethrii
  • Likex2