Stueppe

Priest
Platform
Android, PC
I'd rather use sockets instead of bottled repair globules as a monthly reward, I never use the bottled repair globules. Furthermore, I still have tons of hero xp potions that I can´t use with the ardent society membership, it would be nice if I could also use them with ardent society membership.

Reactions: Zara and Shadowhunt
  • Likex2

Alterios

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
I paid for membership before this but now I like it even more. Honestly, for the price of 1.5 fancy drinks or most of a fast food meal for a month of support for a great game, I'm happy to pay!

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

Citizen
Characters
Karma, Boot
Platform
Steam
"Our goal is for the Membership to feel truly special. Please let us know what you think!"

If the goal was to make Membership "feel truly special" then what I think is that the mission has been accomplished.

Thinking back on what the Membership used to offer, I am of the opinion that this new Membership is actually superior. My primary consideration when making any purchase is the value received for the money spent. This membership has value. The one thing I would have preferred would have been a small number of crowns instead of the permanent discount, but even without that, I find this to be a fair exchange.

I have noticed a few complaints on this thread, but they have been in the minority. I also have reason to disagree with the majority of those complaints but do not feel it merits much discussion unless that number grows significantly. You will never make everyone happy, but the responses here clearly indicate you have made the majority happy. All in all, I am quite pleased with the proposed changes and feel that they will be as beneficial to the company as they are to the players.
Very well said!

Everyone is not going to like everything in the proposed package.
I already mentioned I don't.

I think it's better to ask yourself, "Is this a good value for my money?" or ask yourself, "Does it make me want to spend my crowns for the rewards proposed?"

I think that is a better guide about the overall merits of the proposed changes. It is for each of us to decide.

For me, the answer is yes. I think its a win, win for both seller and buyer.
I also think it will attract many additional players who never before even considered purchasing a membership.

Finally a couple of reminders.
Just as I would tell a business in their desire for money not to get, "Too greedy", and drive away customers.
I would also tell potential buyers not to get, "too greedy", with their desire for even more.
A company needs to make a reasonable profit to remain in business.
I hope this game is around for a long time.

I'm done.

Regards

Neliora

Wizard
Platform
Android, PC
I am truly grateful to be a part of a game where its creators are so involved with the player base where they listen, care, and work so hard to keep everyone engaged. Thank you, Otters!

Reactions: Nadiria, Zazie and Myst
  • Likex3

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Hello, Everyone!

Our whole team sat down recently, and put our collective heads together to determine how best we could create a new and improved Ardent Society Membership, one which would genuinely appeal to all players, have distinct value for its cost, and would reflect the needs and wishes of the community, while fulfilling some of our own pragmatic considerations at the same time.

Before we begin work on any changes, we would like to hear from you all, the players for whom this newly altered Membership is designed for. Please tell us what you think, we very much want your feedback! Thank you! :)

What The New Ardent Society Membership Would Look Like:
  • 100% Bonus XP (Includes Combat, Gathering, Crafting, and Village Skills. Makes leveling a lot faster.)
  • Free Travel to Travel Pads
  • Monthly Gifts: 10 Full Heals, 10 Full Mana, 10 Repairs
  • 2 Bonus Shared Trunks - OR a Single Trunk with twice the capacity as before
    • Tech-wise, we haven’t determined what the most efficient schematic will be, but the bottom line is, Ardent Members will be getting twice the amount of shared locker space!
  • 10% Item Shop Discount on ALL Items ALL of the Time (For Ardent Members, at all times, every single item in the item shop, will forever be 10% off the actual cost of the item.)
    • If a sale is running in the Item Shop for all players, then the universal sale discount applies to the discounted price Ardent Members are already paying
  • Daily Bonus Rewards Given By A Special NPC To Ardent Members
    • Good for all characters on the account
    • An array of fun and useful items will be distributed to Ardent Members who visit this NPC every day. Similar to Darrig Chests in that players will never know just what they will be getting, but can count on it being something of value. (A socket? A rezzie? A special potion? Motes? Supplies? The list goes on!)
    • It will be the responsibility of Ardent Members to log in daily and visit this NPC in order to claim the rewards. Similar also to the Rewards Calendmberships ar in that if a day is missed, those items cannot be claimed on characters.
  • Special New Member Sign-up Rewards
    • Whenever a player signs up to be an Ardent Society Member, they will receive a unique outfit, a unique mount, and a unique pet
    • All already existing Ardent Members will be sent the same rewards

*The cost of the new and improved Ardent Society Membership will remain unchanged.

We have been reading all of your feedback, especially that of a desire to have a special currency which would enable Ardent Members to pick and choose the items they want. While we do favor this idea as well, the reality, however, is that because of certain tech and design issues, it would present a number of potential problems. However, we hope that with the special NPC who gives out completely different rewards every day, that each week, all Ardent Society Members will have at least be given something they wanted.

Our goal is for the Membership to feel truly special. Please let us know what you think! Thanks, Everyone. :)
Question: My ardent membership is a non recurring bought with crowns, how will this play into those of us that renew our membership that way?

GalacticBat

BRA Member
Platform
Android, PC
I've had an active account on this game for 6 years and I've never felt AS was worth the investment, so I never got it. Even with the recent price reduction I still wasn't interested. And just to be clear, I've spent for crowns and still do from time to time, I'm not a leech. I just never liked what AS was offering... until now. This is likely to get me to sub for the first time in 6 years. Well done!

Reactions: Karma
  • Likex1

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North....
Platform
Android, PC
    • Whenever a player signs up to be an Ardent Society Member, they will receive a unique outfit, a unique mount, and a unique pet
    • All already existing Ardent Members will be sent the same rewards
Is the outfit, mount, and unique pet just for new players who have never signed up before, or everytime you renew? I use the 6 month that you buy with crowns, not the auto payed renewal. (I do like the pet/mount/outfit idea, but it would get old of you had the same pet/mount/outfit everytime you renew, expecially of you used the 3 month crown AS?)

Otherwise I like all the other change :)

Reactions: Shadowhunt
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Is the outfit, mount, and unique pet just for new players who have never signed up before, or everytime you renew? I use the 6 month that you buy with crowns, not the auto payed renewal. (I do like the pet/mount/outfit idea, but it would get old of you had the same pet/mount/outfit everytime you renew, expecially of you used the 3 month crown AS?)

Otherwise I like all the other change :)
I hope every renewal, it would allow for other toons to get the outfit too, since they are soulbound now.

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North....
Platform
Android, PC
I hope every renewal, it would allow for other toons to get the outfit too, since they are soulbound now.
Ardent Society stuff is usually account bound. Is that no longer going to be the case?

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Ardent Society stuff is usually account bound. Is that no longer going to be the case?
probably still account bound, but the current setup of the wardrobe is that if you open an outfitpack, it only enters the wardrobe on the toon it is opened on, and it wont duplicate into other toons their wardrobes. So you would need multiple of them to get them unlocked on each toon

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North....
Platform
Android, PC
probably still account bound, but the current setup of the wardrobe is that if you open an outfitpack, it only enters the wardrobe on the toon it is opened on, and it wont duplicate into other toons their wardrobes. So you would need multiple of them to get them unlocked on each toon
Right. I guess after 6 renews, you just trash the outfit/mount/pet then.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I would assume the outfit/pet etc would be once only upon taking out a membership for the first time, or for the first time after the changes go live (for players who have had membership in the past but do not have it currently).

Players who currently have membership when the changes go live would get it (once) when the build goes live, rather like we all got the horse from Summer's Hollow when that mount was added into the tutorial quest for new players.

Hopefully it would indeed be account bound, allowing us to choose which character actually receives it into their wardrobe, but I doubt very much you would get it over and over on renewal. (Of course I could be completely wrong).

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Citizen
Characters
Karma, Boot
Platform
Steam
No doubt there will be a lot of speculation over the weekend about the details and how the Otters intend to implement them.
As its weekend, I'm not expecting much in the way of anything official even though I know they check from time to time.

Guess they have a life huh? (j/k):LOL:

I do suspect, however, they are highly pleased with the excitement generated from the proposal improvements.
Keep in mind though that assumptions can lead to disappointment.

I'm actually looking forward to Monday :) and more official information.

Best regards

MonstaDa

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Ganshif and XanThull
Platform
Android
Alrighty so being new to the game but sincerely wanting to dive deep and true into this world, also the idea of becoming a member ( from what i have read, an exclusive and highly beneficial group) im very interested

Reactions: Nadiria and Arjuna
  • Likex2

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North....
Platform
Android, PC
but I doubt very much you would get it over and over on renewal.
Am still curious how thats gonna work with those who buy Ardent Society with crowns instead of the Auto pay. Guess we will find out when the devs reveal more info.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I would assume the outfit/pet etc would be once only upon taking out a membership for the first time, or for the first time after the changes go live (for players who have had membership in the past but do not have it currently).

Players who currently have membership when the changes go live would get it (once) when the build goes live, rather like we all got the horse from Summer's Hollow when that mount was added into the tutorial quest for new players.

Hopefully it would indeed be account bound, allowing us to choose which character actually receives it into their wardrobe, but I doubt very much you would get it over and over on renewal. (Of course I could be completely wrong).
I do hope you're wrong, I like outfits equally on all toons :D

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Am still curious how thats gonna work with those who buy Ardent Society with crowns instead of the Auto pay. Guess we will find out when the devs reveal more info.
Simple, when you buy AS (by whatever means) the game gives you the outfit/pet etc., and sets a "flag" on your account that you have already received it. Next time you buy AS, the game checks the flag, sees you have the outfit already, and doesn't give you another.