Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
You otters found a way to live on air didn't you? 😲
I think you guys are extremely generous with the new AS! Personally I feel that if the NPC gave out an item once a week, it would be more than plenty too, considering all the other stuff you put in. Then people have a week timer to claim it.

On the other side, I would ask for 1 more addition to the membership. Not in terms of items, but notifications. Personally I never use the shared trunk from AS because I do not dare to. Too worried I forget to empty it when it runs out... And then cannot reach it. It would be great to receive a message popup that your AS has expired, with a three day extended time to empty the shared trunks.
I hope that is not too much to ask, considering the amazing amount of stuff already put in!!

KAVE

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
This is a solid plan! I dare say even too much!:p

The extra storage will definitely come in handy and 10% discount is a great addition. As long as AS remains profitable for the Otters then I feel these changes will have a positive impact on both ends.

There are a lot of useful perks here, and my only suggestion would be to 'trim the edges' a bit. I think this version of AS will be popular going forward, however, I do have a couple of suggestions.

1: Permanent discount vs Sales

A constant item shop discount is amazing, that goes without saying. My only fear is that it will cut into the Otter's profits. I would suggest special Membership sales instead of a constant discount. These would cycle around every so often, and wouldn't always be restricted to the item shop either. Only one would be active at a time, and they would last for a few days to a week. For example
  • 10% sale at the charter token NPC
  • 10% sale at the COG quarter-master
  • 15% sale at the salvage vendor
  • 20% extra gold when selling gear to a vendor
  • 25% discount at trophy mount vendor
  • 5% discount at Red Darrig Vendor
  • 10% discount in the item shop
  • 10% Auction House discount
Most of these sales are using in-game currency, which not only incentivizes players to spend any stashed gold, but it also won't directly cut into the Otter's funds. It may provide technical challenges however, as I don't think I've ever seen an in-game vendor sale before.

2: Monthly Consumables vs Red Doubloons

Instead of Monthly Consumables, how about a small sum of Red Doubloons every month? Full health and mana potions could be added to the Red Darrig vendors (if they're not there already). This allows players to customize their rewards through in-game means, and simplifies the benefits list a bit.

3. Small Scale Perks

Small perks that are just icing on the cake to consider:
  • Unlimited mail sends
  • Exclusive character slot (more characters = more $ players will spend on said character)
  • Special insignia / Icon (similar to the Rebirth icons)

All in all, the proposed membership is great. These are just some ideas :D

Strega Nona

Arch Wizard
Platform
iOS
I love you all. Seriously. These are fabulous ideas and I’m sure (most) players will be happy if not ecstatic about them. I agree with @KAVE though...you all need to make a salary as well. I’m keeping my membership in any case, but I really really appreciate that you, as developers, listen so closely and with such concern to your player base. Thank you.

Shadowcave

Wizard
Characters
Shadowcave, Shadowsmack
Platform
PC
I really like these ideas. I especially like to feel a difference in game that we can see. Atm I don't really feel like I have an Ardent membership and the proposed ideas will make the whole thing feel special and fun to have. Thanks for your time and effort in coming up with this:)
Perhaps in the future a AS area or playable bonus zone with dailies for members with a small amount of extra xp for crafting/combat etc
Keep up the great work guys! xxx

Reactions: Kaydee and Ziva
  • Likex2

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
so if there’s a 10% sale for everyone, AS members get a total of 20% sale?
Almost, but not quite! The discounts apply after each other, so if you had an item that costs, say, 100 crowns, it would be end up this way:
  1. The item receives the AS discount. 90% of 100 is 90, so it now costs 90 crowns.
  2. The item then receives the sale discount. 90% of 90 is 81, so it now costs 81 crowns.
So a total of 19% off - pretty close!

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
We also like how with this, there is a 'real world' aspect to Ardent Society. It isn't all just interfaces and auto-adds. Society members have a special little activity that they get to go do that is special, which we thought was kind of cool.
I like that it requires an action to go and collect a gift. This is all so amazing! WOW

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I am so excited to read this! I was always happy with the free travel, extra storage and the bonus xp... but all this blows me away!!

WOW!! Thank you!

Citizen
Characters
Karma, Boot
Platform
Steam
As long as AS remains profitable for the Otters then I feel these changes will have a positive impact on both ends.
This, I believe, says it all.

I'm sure the Otters took a close look at their analytics before coming up with some of the proposed perks.
A shop discount for someone who as already invested in the game will more likely lead to more sales IMO. Sales which may not occur without a discount. Time will tell. Maybe they'll have to be adjusted down the road but I think it should be given a chance as proposed first.

As far as revenue, I personally think they should revisit some of the fixes to shut down the cheaters and exploiters but I don't wish to derail this thread by going into any detail.

Best regards

Lady Amalthea

Huntress
Characters
Lady Amalthea, Nyateneri
Platform
PC
You are adding more to the Ardent Societey than I would ever have expected.
But now I'm wondering where you would put the NPC for the daily bouns reward because for people with limited play time it is quite stressful to travel back and forth to another zone with every character. That really can take a lot of time depending on how many characters you have got and how fast your computer is.

Joleen

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona, Chephirah, Avani, Lash LaRue
Platform
Android, PC
I can't LOVE this enough!!! Thank you so much devs! You prove over and over why I love this game and call it 'home'. 😘😘😘

boho

Adventurer
Platform
iOS, PC
I was really hoping for a Crown stipend equivalent to the membership cost. Crowns and store prices are just too expensive as-is, and I remain largely disinterested in Ardent unless it includes Crowns.

• Bonus XP and free travel are great perks, but not worth $15 alone.
  • The monthly supplies are ultimately clutter that would gather dust in my bank.
  • Shared Trunks - more bank space is fine, but I'd rather buy it permanently. The fact it's shared isn't really a value add since mail is free and works fine.
  • Daily Bonus NPC - I actively dislike this. I don't need yet another item on the daily login checklist for my mobile games. It's just more cognitive load. I also don't care for the RNG aspect when some items (Sockets) will be substantially more valuable than others (Motes).
  • 10% discount - unfortunately, the shop prices are still gratuitous. Even with a free 10% off, I didn't bother buying anything because I don't feel like I can get very much for my money.
  • New member signup rewards: might be worth buying a month of this to grant all my characters shop mount speed, otherwise, more clutter. Toys really need to be handled like mounts/outifts -- inventory space is precious.

If you included just the Bonus XP and Travel and gave me $15 in crowns per month, I'd buy Ardent Society. This would also be the answer to players who want a form of currency for being a member -- just give them a stipend of Crowns and add the new shinies to the Crown Store. There's no need to re-invent the wheel with a new currency or a new store.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Hahax1

Baron Von Boom

Bog Frog
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Awesome stuff!
Already subbed & love the new additions, wouldnt say no to adding 100% Bonus XP to quest reward xp :D
Either way slam dunk so far ty

Reactions: Nadiria
  • Likex1

Omnigma

Merchant
Characters
Omnigma
Platform
PC, Steam
omg, so timely, yall hit a home run here. ty very much cause wow.. im actually speechless..

Reactions: Nadiria
  • Likex1