Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hello, Everyone!

Our whole team sat down recently, and put our collective heads together to determine how best we could create a new and improved Ardent Society Membership, one which would genuinely appeal to all players, have distinct value for its cost, and would reflect the needs and wishes of the community, while fulfilling some of our own pragmatic considerations at the same time.

Before we begin work on any changes, we would like to hear from you all, the players for whom this newly altered Membership is designed for. Please tell us what you think, we very much want your feedback! Thank you! :)

What The New Ardent Society Membership Would Look Like:
  • 100% Bonus XP (Includes Combat, Gathering, Crafting, and Village Skills. Makes leveling a lot faster.)
  • Free Travel to Travel Pads
  • Monthly Gifts: 10 Full Heals, 10 Full Mana, 10 Repairs
  • 2 Bonus Shared Trunks - OR a Single Trunk with twice the capacity as before
    • Tech-wise, we haven’t determined what the most efficient schematic will be, but the bottom line is, Ardent Members will be getting twice the amount of shared locker space!
  • 10% Item Shop Discount on ALL Items ALL of the Time (For Ardent Members, at all times, every single item in the item shop, will forever be 10% off the actual cost of the item.)
    • If a sale is running in the Item Shop for all players, then the universal sale discount applies to the discounted price Ardent Members are already paying
  • Daily Bonus Rewards Given By A Special NPC To Ardent Members
    • Good for all characters on the account
    • An array of fun and useful items will be distributed to Ardent Members who visit this NPC every day. Similar to Darrig Chests in that players will never know just what they will be getting, but can count on it being something of value. (A socket? A rezzie? A special potion? Motes? Supplies? The list goes on!)
    • It will be the responsibility of Ardent Members to log in daily and visit this NPC in order to claim the rewards. Similar also to the Rewards Calendar in that if a day is missed, those items cannot be claimed on characters.
  • Special New Member Sign-up Rewards
    • Whenever a player signs up to be an Ardent Society Member, they will receive a unique outfit, a unique mount, and a unique pet
    • All already existing Ardent Members will be sent the same rewards

*The cost of the new and improved Ardent Society Membership will remain unchanged.

We have been reading all of your feedback, especially that of a desire to have a special currency which would enable Ardent Members to pick and choose the items they want. While we do favor this idea as well, the reality, however, is that because of certain tech and design issues, it would present a number of potential problems. However, we hope that with the special NPC who gives out completely different rewards every day, that each week, all Ardent Society Members will have at least be given something they wanted.

Our goal is for the Membership to feel truly special. Please let us know what you think! Thanks, Everyone. :)

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
  • 10% Item Shop Discount on ALL Items ALL of the Time (For Ardent Members, at all times, every single item in the item shop, will forever be 10% off the actual cost of the item.)
    • If a sale is running in the Item Shop for all players, then the universal sale discount applies to the discounted price Ardent Members are already paying
that would be enough for me to want to join the AS, PLUS the extra shared space.
I know some might moan about “it’s only 10%” but if you think about other real life memberships I think it’s reasonable.

so if there’s a 10% sale for everyone, AS members get a total of 20% sale?

Reactions: Schlarbie and Zazie
  • Likex2

dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, PC
I think, I am impressed with your creative minds. Great ideas. I like a daily bonus and not just something given all at one time. Gives people with membership a special reason to log in each day too. And for me, I love the added surprise of not knowing what it might be. That, to me, sounds fun.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Dawnfire
Platform
Android, PC
Love all the changes, honestly AS feels a lot more tempting now (I already have it, but this just makes me happier to pay for it).

An array of fun and useful items will be distributed to Ardent Members who visit this NPC every day. Similar to Darrig Chests in that players will never know just what they will be getting, but can count on it being something of value. (A socket? A rezzie? A special potion? Motes? Supplies? The list goes on!)
This is the only part I'd debate. While I'm not against this idea, I wonder how others feel if simply the monthly calendar would be boosted, so there'd be an AS version of the calendar, with increased amount of rewards (and to make up for the new players who miss out monthly calendar in the first 28 days, they could just recieve the extra rewards at an NPC until they start to having the normal calendar)

Reactions: CaraLox
  • Likex1

Halleebell

Squirrel
Characters
Hallee/Freyra
Platform
iOS, PC
that would be enough for me to want to join the AS, PLUS the extra shared space.
I know some might moan about “it’s only 10%” but if you think about other real life memberships I think it’s reasonable.

so if there’s a 10% sale for everyone, AS members get a total of 20% sale?
It would most likely be 10% with other 10% on top. So for instance you have an item at 20% off then at end of sale another 10% would be taken off not added together. They don’t equal the same amount! 😊 but it’s still a great deal!
Also I like this very much. But what about the player that already have a shared vault space? Maybe I read it wrong but would we be able to choose which one we wanted or is it whatever you decide at the end? I bought one shared vault then get the other through membership so just wondering. So I guess what I’m asking would there be a third vault space added? But this would be an amazing way to get players to buy the membership!

Theo 143

Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
As a current member these added value item will make me stay a member. I was considering cancelling as not a whole lot of value if i am not able to be on for a day or 2. It would also be an incentive to play more with other characters on my account as well. I look forward to seeing the possible changes. As a fairly new player i am very impressed on the way this game and communities have grown. I hope to enjoy this game for many years.

CaraLox

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Loxana/Mrs Doubtfire/Cara Lox
Platform
iOS, PC
It would most likely be 10% with other 10% on top. So for instance you have an item at 20% off then at end of sale another 10% would be taken off not added together. They don’t equal the same amount! 😊 but it’s still a great deal!
Also I like this very much. But what about the player that already have a shared vault space? Maybe I read it wrong but would we be able to choose which one we wanted or is it whatever you decide at the end? I bought one shared vault then get the other through membership so just wondering. But this would be an amazing way to get players to buy the membership!
I was hoping the two shared vault spaces was in addition to the one purchased making a total of 3 shared vaults?

Reactions: Isa Beau and Halleebell
  • Likex2

Irrelevant

Squirrel
Platform
Android
Hello, Everyone!

Our whole team sat down recently, and put our collective heads together to determine how best we could create a new and improved Ardent Society Membership, one which would genuinely appeal to all players, have distinct value for its cost, and would reflect the needs and wishes of the community, while fulfilling some of our own pragmatic considerations at the same time.

Before we begin work on any changes, we would like to hear from you all, the players for whom this newly altered Membership is designed for. Please tell us what you think, we very much want your feedback! Thank you! :)

• 100% Bonus XP (Includes Combat, Gathering, Crafting, and Village Skills. Makes leveling a lot faster.)
    • Tech-wise, we haven’t determined what the most efficient schematic will be, but the bottom line is, Ardent Members will be getting twice the amount of shared locker space!
    • An array of fun and useful items will be distributed to Ardent Members who visit this NPC every day. Similar to Darrig Chests in that players will never know just what they will be getting, but can count on it being something of value. (A socket? A rezzie? A special potion? Motes? Supplies? The list goes on!)
    • It will be the responsibility of Ardent Members to log in daily and visit this NPC in order to claim the rewards. Similar also to the Rewards Calendar in that if a day is missed, those items cannot be claimed on characters.
    • Whenever a player signs up to be an Ardent Society Member, they will receive a unique outfit, a unique mount, and a unique pet

*The cost of the new and improved Ardent Society Membership will remain unchanged.

We have been reading all of your feedback, especially that of a desire to have a special currency which would enable Ardent Members to pick and choose the items they want. While we do favor this idea as well, the reality, however, is that because of certain tech and design issues, it would present a number of potential problems. However, we hope that with the special NPC who gives out completely different rewards every day, that each week, all Ardent Society Members will have at least be given something they wanted.

Our goal is for the Membership to feel truly special. Please let us know what you think! Thanks, Everyone. :)
This may actually entice me to finally get a membership after playing for a year!!! I didn't get it because you changed that we no longer got rezzies and sockets. But if the NPC is really a part of it and there is an actual possibility of still receiving those things, then I may just be up for it!! Well done!!

Diet

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Love all the changes, honestly AS feels a lot more tempting now (I already have it, but this just makes me happier to pay for it).

This is the only part I'd debate. While I'm not against this idea, I wonder how others feel if simply the monthly calendar would be boosted, so there'd be an AS version of the calendar, with increased amount of rewards (and to make up for the new players who miss out monthly calendar in the first 28 days, they could just recieve the extra rewards at an NPC until they start to having the normal calendar)
We thought about doing this, but decided against it. The calendar is already in a pretty nice spot, the interface is clean and bug free, the rewards are balanced, overall its pretty solid. We didn't feel like messing with something that was already working well. We also figured there would be added confusion for new players with the new player calendar. In the end we decided against changing the calendar.

We also like how with this, there is a 'real world' aspect to Ardent Society. It isn't all just interfaces and auto-adds. Society members have a special little activity that they get to go do that is special, which we thought was kind of cool.

Diet

Mad Otter Games
Developer
And just to note, normal shop sales will stack. So as an Ardent Society member, something that normally costs 100 crowns would cost 90 crowns. And then if there was a 10% sale running on that item, then you would instead pay 81 crowns (90 * 10% off).

Seawolf

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android
Hello, Everyone!

I absolutely love these ideas. Thank you all for coming up with these changes. I won't be letting my AS membership run out.

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
When does this patch comes :) asap lol

Citizen
Characters
Karma, Boot
Platform
Steam
VERY NICE!!

While the proposal might not have everything I was hoping for, it contains a couple of very unexpected surprises!
As presented, I see no downside. IMO, it gives real value to the Ardent Society Membership.

Thank you Otters for not only listening to community's concerns, but for acting on them as well.
WELL DONE!!

Best Regards

whispers: So ahhhh, when we gonna to see it done?? *wry grin*